[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were these 2 matches really worth it looking back?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Twice in a lifetime 1.jpg (435 KB, 1279x717) Image search: [Google]
Twice in a lifetime 1.jpg
435 KB, 1279x717
Were these 2 matches really worth it looking back?
>>
they sucked
>>
>>1470323
probably, but they're mostly forgotten by now and rarely mentioned considering who was in them
>>
>LITERALLY BOOK IT 1 (ONE) FUCKING YEAR IN ADVANCE
>The most forgettable "big match(es) of all time"

Way to go Vince
>>
They probably helped the buy rate at the time as well as media buzz, however it is not as good in a historical sense in regards to not being memorable in the long run
>>
Blame rock for being a roided gassed faggot
>>
>>1470446
Cena's loud ass spot-calling wasn't much better though.
>>
>>1470455
He yells so he can carry his opponents to 5 star matches like with cm punk and lesnar
>>
>>1470323
Rock is terrible these days, it feels like he is "playing the character" rather than "being" the character prior to his comeback in 2011.
>>
>>1470507

why would he try any harder when casuals still eat up his shtick even though he isnt trying
>>
>>1470446
Blaming the greatest of all time
>>
>>1470544
What does CM Punk have to do with this?
>>
>>1470323
>Used the main event of one Wrestlemania solely to set up for the next mania's main event
>Rock vs Cena """Once In a Lifetime"""
>Immediately starts building towards a rematch

It was a fucking farce
>>
>>1470323
The wrestlemania with the first one was the best since 17 IMO. You should watch the whole event
>>
>>1470323
You know the only answer you will see is no right?
>>
>>1470323
the first one was good because it felt
special, the second one flat out sucked
>>
Wow. Revisionist history at its finest. This match was great and did a lot for the business. Looking back, it's still a great match and shows that the two men has more talent than anyone else in the locker room right now, save AJ Styles, maybe.
>>
>>1471167

This. Cena really is great, I'm done hating him. I'm beginning to think Vince pushing Roman was just a ruse to get us to accept Cena and be thankful
>>
>>1470323
First one yes, second one no
>>
>>1470544
Thats not stone cold, hulk hogan, or macho man though
>>
>>1470323

No. They ruined TWO Wrestlemanias to have a good match at one Wrestlemania.
>>
They should have added Punk to the rematch and had a triple threat but I guess Cena would have then been bitching that he didn't get his win back properly
>>
So why did a "once in a lifetime" match happen twice?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.