[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Corny
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: corndog.jpg (8 KB, 200x233) Image search: [Google]
corndog.jpg
8 KB, 200x233
1.) When did he become such an insufferable prick?

2.) Why does Dave Meltzer pretend there's nothing wrong with him when he's clearly mentally ill?
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 500x375
>>1470244
>le Meltz
>>
1- He was always like that

2-He was one of Meltzer's sources in the 80/90's.
>>
>>1470244
because Meltz doesn't want to deal with his insanity
>>
File: 1465249233019.gif (2 MB, 500x495) Image search: [Google]
1465249233019.gif
2 MB, 500x495
>watched Jim Cornette's Talking Sense on youtube

>realized he's actually a genuis
>>
>>1470254
hi jim fuck you
>>
>>1470244
Jim Cornette is a based genius who hates vanilla midgets.
>>
>>1470244
The answer to #2 is Meltzer is a cowardly Jew who refuses to say anything bad about his sources.
>>
>>1470255
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jonHa9Useg4

a living god
>>
>>1470262
Piper was such a bitter soul. I think that's what killed him
>>
Cornette is the single best talker about the American pro wrestling industry.

I wish he would write a comprehensive book on the whole thing - from the way back history, to the way the territories worked, how TV and video changed, into the era where old guys he knew personally (Billy Graham, Sputnik Monroe) were around, and up to like the end of the monday night wars.
>>
>>1470556
Would this include a chapter on how he was left as a chump who never changed with the times?
>>
>>1470569
Nah, I think it should focus on the era when wrestling had cultural significance. So it would definitely have to be a history book.

It should end at the death of WCW. Nothing important happened after that anyway.
>>
>>1470591

Supposedly he's been on-again off-again working on his memoirs (or whatever the accurate term would be) for a while.

Of course, this is Corny so everything he says needs to be taken with some salt.
>>
>>1470597
Yeah, but anyone can write a memoir. But there isn't really a comprehensive history of American wrestling and I think Corny is one of only a handful of people still around to have the knowledge to do it properly.
>>
>>1470611

I don't think one guy can do a comprehensive history of the business (especially not pre-national expansion). Just too much damn material to go through. Beau James has an entire freaking book on the wrestling history of half of one state and he still had to leave stuff out.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.