[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people watch wrestling? What's so entertaining about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4
File: 1463073345524.jpg (36 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1463073345524.jpg
36 KB, 645x773
Why do people watch wrestling?
What's so entertaining about two big sweaty man hitting each other (in a scripted manner)
I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>1468266
fun storylines, good characters and cool athleticism
>>
>>1468266
Same reason one watches anime/
>>
>>1468271
OP here
I have nothing to do at summer, so how does one get into it? are there any guides or some other shit?
>>
Satisfy your homosexual orientation without anyone doubting u
>>
>>1468266
Not judging your thread but I've heard your exact words in a movie.
>>
>>1468277
The last few years have been the worst for mainstream wrestling. WWE and TNA have both become shit. You'r better off watching Lucha Underground as ot's season based and pretty new. So you will probably get the first season on torrents.
>>
>>1468277
The Royal Rumble PPV will introduce you to the main players in the current roster and Wrestlemania is the peak show. But maybe pick a better year, 2014 was recent and decent
>>
There is nothing entertaining about present wwe at all.
>>
>>1468852
sasha
>>
>>1468277
Watch random videos on Youtube. Early WWE with Bruno Sammartino,AWA with Verne Gagne,NWA with Buddy Rogers,Harley Race,Memphis with Jerry Lawler and Jackie Fargo. Lucha Libre from Mexico,Japanese puroresu like All Japan and New Japan. Start from there and just meander.
>>
>>1468277
Go to WWE's youtube channel and watch highlights to get caught up.
>>
>>1468277 do not do this at all >>1470872
Old outlaw wrestling is incredibly cheesy, grating and boring. The closest to nearly entertaining you will find pre mid 80s is Stampede and even that is pretty shitty
>>
>>1468853
"no"
>>
>>1468277
Just start watching it. Lucha Underground is extremely accessible, but that's the only other promotion is suggest.
>>
>>1468274
anime has superpowers and shit
>>
I think wrestling should be in the olympics, or if not, have an event that's truly about "wrestling" as an art form, open to anyone from any promotion. There'd be four events
>singles math with a partner
>singles match solo
>tag match with two pairs
>tag match with single pairs
In singles matches with a partner, you and a teammate wrestle a match with whatever spots you planned beforehand, while singles match solo would put two wrestlers against each other working the match as it goes and following the ref's calls. Same with tags. And competitors would be judged based on
>athleticism
>strength
>technicality
>storytelling
>move creativity
>sells
On a scale of 1-10 with legendary wrestlers as judges. That way the winner is not who actually wins the match, nor who is the best draw, but actually, who is the best professional wrestler.
>>
>>1471207
>I think wrestling should be in the olympics, or if not, have an event that's truly about "wrestling" as an art form
like...olympic wrestling?

idiot
>>
>>1470950
Death to beckyfags
>>
>>1468266
Same thing as watching a movie.
Everything in this world is fake.
Your neighbors lawn fake
Movies fake
Your mums tits are fake
Everyone and everything is fake.
I tolerate everything else.
Its really the whole match itself.
The spectacle of it all i like it a lot more now that i know its fake.

I am not a neanderthal my idea of entertainment isnt two people legitimately beating the shit out of each other for no reason other than money.

With wrestling you have the unpredictability the story longer matches that can go longer.
The problem with ufc is in theory on a let say 8 fight card all of those fights end in 30 seconds due to knock out. Now you just paid mad money to see 8 people get knocked out in four minutes total of in ring action.
Granted this doesnt happen the possibility is still there.
Wwe 10 dollars bare minimum every raw/sd is 2 hours 45 mins most go the full three hours and lately theyve been going over their time slot.

I like wrestling, im not gonna dislike it because brainwashed sheep that all shout the same thing tell me i shouldnt like watching wrestling cause its fake.

Well than you should stop watching your favorite shows and wheb it comes to movies and tv only watch historical documentataries.
>>
>>1471207
Wrestling is already in the Olympics you idiot
>>
>>1471271
They removed it artard.
>>
>>1471207
>or if not, have an event that's truly about "wrestling" as an art form
what is "The Final Deletion"
>>
>>1471262
While I understand where you are coming from, the appeal of the UFC and MMA in general is less about "beating the shit out of each other" and more about a showcase of fighting spirit and martial arts skill, at least for me. Not that I don't mind seeing people beat each other up, that is. I actually agree with you about Pro Wrestling.

>>1471274
That made me pretty sad.
>>
>>1468277
Lucha Underground is basically a tv show so start at season 1.

For WWE, Id watch the 2016 Royal Rumble match, and then some highlights on youtube. Theres going to be a draft on Tuesday because Smackdown is going live so right now is a good time to start watching. Monday Night Raw is 3 hours, so if you dont have that much time, watch it the day after and skip anything you dont like.

For NXT, Id watch the all of the Take Over specials. You can watch the weekly show too, 2014-2015 was awesome, but the weekly 2016 show is in a weird state where they are waiting for their top guys to move onto raw and smackdown before really doing anything.

Tonights NXT should be awesome, as it has a likely match of the year candidate, and the First episode of the Cruserweight Classic is right after, which is going to be wrestling tournament with a more real sports feel to it.

You can watch all of these shows as they air on taima.tv/wooo, taima.tv/woooalt, or taima.tv/sc.

Check those streams and pick whichever one is the highest quality. id recommend the WWE network if you have 9.99, as you can watch all of the ppv's and all of NXT.
>>
>>1471349
and ignore the opinions of any tripfags, cm punk spammers, ryback spammers, any waifuist, and anyone overtly negative on modern wrestling.
>>
>>1468266
For dean ambrose
>>
>>1468277
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWWizXj_showWogS4Br_lRV9E1JBgCiw6

just watch a compilation of cool moments
>>
>>1471274
What the fuck
>>
File: Capture+_2016-03-31-17-48-12-1.png (1 MB, 1440x1236) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-03-31-17-48-12-1.png
1 MB, 1440x1236
>>1468274
Anime can be way more intense. Then again so is any extreme sport
>>
>>1473829
>Anime
>Intense

Here I am, a humble anon in the world... clawing and pleading at you with tears in my eyes to please find a woman, literally any woman and put your penis inside of here. PLEASE
>>
>>1468266
because back in 1999 when i started watching it used to be fun and macho as fuck

like you were a fucking loser if you werent watching alphas throw betas through five tables and shit
>>
I personally do not watch wrestling, but I can understand the desire to after watching the Wrestler with Mickey Rourke
>>
File: Capture+_2016-07-14-13-20-12.png (166 KB, 1365x1198) Image search: [Google]
Capture+_2016-07-14-13-20-12.png
166 KB, 1365x1198
>>1473865
Your pretty judgemental for someone that autistic. Also pic related (wew)
>>
>>1473964
what a cuck
>>
>>1473990
Or a one night stand with someone I'm not attached to because we were both horny
>>
>>1471334
Where is the "prowess" and "martial skill" required to sit on top of your opponent and punch him in the face until the ref stops the match?
>>
>>1471274
no they didnt retard, they reversed that vote immediately after public outrage
>>
>>1474304
the part where you need skill to put him on the ground and make him stay there to punch him.

i mean to a clown like you concepts like guards, level changes and ranges must be completely alien
>>
Don't listen to all these retards. Lucha Underground is garbage
>>
>>1474335
It's literally the 2nd best thing in wrestling right now next to broken matt
>>
>>1474479
>Broken Matt

You're pretty much saying wrestling fans like shitty storylines, shut the fuck up.

LU is good but they no sell like crazy.
>>
>>1474498
Broken Matt is the best thing to happen to wrestling in a long time. WWE is unwatchable these days as nothing ever happens. Broken Matt is a nice, entertaining, change.
>>
>>1474504

If you complain about WWE now you're putting outrageous standards for yourself, it's better than it was in 2010. I don't know how people say nothing ever happens but I'll assume you don't watch.

TNA isn't suddenly good because of one storyline that was "so bad it's good", it's been alright but now there are too many bandwagoners.
>>
>>1474510
Nothing happened since 2010 either. Wrestling has legit been terrible since the 2000s.
>>
>>1474513

2000-2005 were good years, past that and before mid 2013 WWE wasn't that good. Since then WWE's been better. I like the roster this year than I would've years ago, anyone who complains about PG Era bullshit but refers to current day WWE makes me assume they aren't watching. The show was way more PG years ago.
>>
>>1474522
The talent on wwe is phenomenal. Creative is fucking horse shit and can't handle it all.
>>
>>1474536
Honestly I don't get this argument. I keep my favorites regardless on how shitty they go through storylines. I still like Bray and the family even after their short split, I like Rusev but grew to dislike Ziggler, even people like Neville and Crews who don't do jack.

I probably sound like a WWE shill but the same is for the other wrestling shows I watch.
>>
File: 1445586263323.jpg (25 KB, 599x588) Image search: [Google]
1445586263323.jpg
25 KB, 599x588
>>1471349
watching the 2016 royal rumble with no wrestling knowledge would be so weird

>The boss striped this musclebound, attractive guy who wears body armor and no one has ever beat of his title because he doesn't want him to be the champion for some reason
>oh the the crowd hates him
>so they make him start at #1
>I don't even remember who #2 was but it was a quick dump for the pretty boy
>#3...ok now a guy comes out, crowd seems really happy to see him but pretty guy doesn't seem to know who he is, idk w/e
>4 random foreign guys come out and beat up the pretty guy, he goes to the back for a while, guess he's out of the match
>man the crowd fucking loves this Zack Ryder dude, he must be a pretty important wrestler
>brock lesnar shows up, finally someone who I've heard of, he'll probably win the whole thing
>...now a group of hillbillies are taking brock out, didn't I just see this?
>#30, last one, sweet this shit is almost over
>BEHOLD THE KING...a guy who looks like everyone's uncle comes out...wait is that the guy from The Chaperone?
>pretty boy is back out there...wtf i thought he was gone? Why doesn't Brock just come back and fuck all these guys up
>pretty boy dumped? what? so why doesn't he just jump back in like last time
>two guys left, the crowd seems to really like the guy who looks like a mechanic
>t-the old guy won
>I missed the NFC Championship for this shit?
>>
>>1468266
Why do you do anything?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.