[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Martial Arts Gear Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: ars uwm-l.jpg (297 KB, 1552x1000) Image search: [Google]
ars uwm-l.jpg
297 KB, 1552x1000
Thread about martial arts gear.

>dat riot gear tho
>dat UWM gear tho
>>
>>1462830
>brass knuckle
>steel-tip jungle boots

I'm good to go
>>
>>1462898
Good luck in a Sword/Knife fight son
>>
File: arkham knight.jpg (21 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
arkham knight.jpg
21 KB, 236x314
>>1462830
enough said
>>
why don't you train in a gi? are you embarrassed you don't have a black belt?
>>
When I'm buying new trousers, I use the big fitting room and practice kicking and knees while wearing the pants so I can make sure I can fight while wearing them without to much restriction.
I'm thinking about buying skinny jeans in a few sizes too big so I get a regular fit along with the stretchy material, and then get the length and waist tailored to size.
>>
>>1464854
>Good luck in a Sword/Knife fight son
He's pretty prepared against unarmed opponents, though.
>>
ayyyyyyy
>>
>>1464854
>Sword fight
That's one of the most unlikely fights to be in, unless you count machetes in poor countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhV9xTPRvaI
>>
ayyyyyyyyy
>>
fuck you
>>
>>1462898
both of these are considered assault with a deadly weapon so you might as well have a gun instead
>>
>>1474639
>steel tip jungle boots
>deadly weapon
Aren't those just steel toe shoes? It's just kicking someone while wearing shoes.
>>
>>1474644
in some places kicks to the head are considered use of deadly force, using steel toed boots in a fight is considered that almost everywhere

"knuckle dusters" are illegal to even own in most circumstances

they're both effective but you might as well just have a gun or knife
>>
>>1474644
Go ask somebody to kick you in the head with steelcaps on.

Report back to us once you're done.
>>
>>1462830
And both are shit for HEMA.

If you want to fight in armour, then get a suit of actual armour.
>>
>>1475202
>And both are shit for HEMA.
It's not likely you're going to run into long swords or battles axes in developed societies.

>If you want to fight in armour, then get a suit of actual armour.
That's heavy and unnecessary. You want something highly blunt force trauma resistant, but also light as 10 feathers. We have modern technology to provide us with both of those aspects. No need for that outdated plate and chain steel bullshit.
For bladed weapons, most commonly, knives, we have Kevlar. Kevlar is the shit. Kevlar is light and strong, holy shit.

To defend against everything else, all you need is a good shield. Not only do we have good shields, that shit is fucking transparent! OMFG, transparent shields! No more of that wooden and metal bullshit.

Riot Suit has the bullet proof aspect over the Lorica, though. The gas masks are also nice if you want to use chemical weapons.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.