[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is amateur wrestling real while pro wrestling is fake?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Wrestling_badgers_den.jpg (83 KB, 315x262) Image search: [Google]
Wrestling_badgers_den.jpg
83 KB, 315x262
Why is amateur wrestling real while pro wrestling is fake?
>>
I dunno
>>
its to do with wrestling as a spectator sport

professional wrestlers were people who made a salary by wrestling. a salary was only possible if it was worked
>>
>>1459115
Because watching any of that shit is about entertainment of the audience, and Pro Wrestling appeals to a larger audience.
>>
No you got it backwards
Amateur wrestling is fake
Pro wrestling is real
>>
>>1459115
Why do people compare amateur wrestling with pro wrestling? One is a sport and the other is a show. They're not even in the same category. On one side is pro wrestling and game of thrones, on the other side is amateur wrestling and basketball. Both can be entertaining and both are enjoyed for different reasons.
>>
It has to do with the roots of pro wrestling. Like nack in the late 1800's and early 1900's catch wrestlers would hold open matches against the best of the town. People would bet on who would win amd the carnival would get a cut. Quickly they discovered its just easier to plant a challenger who will lose on purpose than actually face all comers. There was a brief time before thr 1920's that pro wrestling was a real sport but a match fixing controversy happened and the fake carny stuff took over.
>>
>>1460017
Also some matches would last 90 minutes with just people locking holds on each other. Pro wrestling maneuvers made it better to watch.
>>
>>1459115
Because acting as characters isn't real
>>
Ask Frank Gotch
>>
>>1459115
"Pro wrestling" used to be an actual catch wrestling promotion, but as time went on the producers wanted the fighters to ham it up more and more for the cameras to draw spectators, Eventually becoming entirely scripted.
>>
>>1459115
kinda off subject but whats with the sudden uptake in posts? The catalog use to go back over twenty four hours now its like 15
>>
because pro wrestlers actually make money putting on a show. as a former HS wrestler I remember my first match. I jumped on the guy like it was (at the time) WWF - it was 1990 after all - and the coach was like "what the hell are you doing", and I was like oops!

I finished 6th in that tourney with literally less than a months worth of practice.
>>
>>1466750
Sudden influx of
>CM Punk threads
>"N-NO Mr. RYBACK/PUNK/AMBROSE/whoever PLEASE DON'T" threads
They all are probably made by the same autist
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.