[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wado-ryu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: wadoryu.jpg (18 KB, 443x402) Image search: [Google]
wadoryu.jpg
18 KB, 443x402
What is you're /asp/ies verdict on wado-ryu karate ?
Been doing it for 2 months for my first martial art and I love it.
>>
>>1458671
Wado-ryu is good. It's a mixture between Shotokan and parts of Jiu-Jitsu.

Enlist your katas if you can.
>>
>>1458711
Still am a white belt going to go to red this September.No katas still since I have to learn the basic moves better.Shit sucks.
>>
>>1458711
>Enlist your katas if you can.

Do katas in sparring? Good for him if he can since he'll be the first motherfucker ever to do that.
>>
File: Karate_Champ.png (4 KB, 224x256) Image search: [Google]
Karate_Champ.png
4 KB, 224x256
As always for reference, this is what good Wado-Ryu sparring looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG5mGUYPl1U

They do appear to hit hard, but point-stop sparring teaches such absolutely terrible habits it's going to actively make you a worse fighter because you're going to learn to set up and land one good hit and then stop because you have no concept of following up. Go ahead and think you'll be the one special snowflake who doesn't fight like you train if you want, but it's not going to change basic psychology.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.