[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>N-NO MR.LESNAR! PLEASE RECONSIDER! AHH DANA HELP! HE WON'T
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: usa-today-9377586.0.jpg (88 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
usa-today-9377586.0.jpg
88 KB, 1024x682
>N-NO MR.LESNAR! PLEASE RECONSIDER! AHH DANA HELP! HE WON'T STOP HURTING ME! SOMEONE GET HIM OFF!

What did Mark "The Super Samoan" Hunt mean by this?
>>
>>1458505
There should be rule in UFC where if ur on ground for 30 seconds ref has to make ya stand up
>>
>July 9: h-he's going to k-knock out Lesnar in first 30 secnz h-he's beast

>July 10: h-he's 40 year old and c-cant fight
>>
>>1458505
Stop black opression
>>
>>1458531
Pride used to do something like this in order to make the fights not boring.
>>
>>1458531
I disagree

If there is a fighter who has a dominating stand up game and the only way to beat him is from the ground, then that only gives him an advantage
>>
>>1458531
Hi Mark!
>>
Is it seriously any wonder that Brock won? I mean he's already defeated a much stronger, younger, powerful samoan with more deadly knock out punches than Mark Hunt, that being Roman Reigns.
>>
>>1459168
Could Reigns beat The Rock?
>>
>>1459168
>Is it seriously any wonder that Brock won?
Most people were saying that Hunt was gonna KO Lesnar on the first round so yes many were surprised.

>powerful samoan with more deadly knock out punches than Mark Hunt
People were also saying that because of Hunt having the higuest punching power in MMA the above was gonna happen.
>>
File: 1468099127133.jpg (102 KB, 600x477) Image search: [Google]
1468099127133.jpg
102 KB, 600x477
>tfw people actually paid money to watch this shit show
>>
>>1459218
People calling it a shit match are butthurt

Brock's game revolves around the ground, its what you're gonna get
>>
>>1459223
No he is right.

The whole show was underwelming, it it wasnt for Brock i too would had been mad to have paid money for this shit.

Boring as fuck, even /heem/ agrees.
>>
>>1459134
he didn't beat him in a fight though, he laid there because he was afraid of getting hit

if it was up to me there wouldn't be judges
all fights would be 5 rounds and if there is no finish it's a draw
>>
>>1459223
I'm an MMA guy and I think the main card was overall pretty underwhelming, probably the worst of the three on the week overall. Losing Cormier vs Jones as the main event left them with a headliner between two women who aren't particularly ahead of the rest of their division and would be underdogs against Rousey and Holm, while DC got a freakshow fight against a 2 days notice middleweight and proceeded to safely wrestle him down to avoid suicide.

Combine it with the Brock freakshow that always had the chance to be a wrestlefucking and the only two fights of real note were Cain Velasquez decimating Browne and Jose Aldo getting his groove back and completely shutting down Frankie Edgar. Prelims were fantastic though, if you had Fightpass you got 7 solid fight, the first three of which were spicy first round finishes.
>>
>>1459405
You say thay as an observer, but when you're fighting its different
>>
>>1459405
>all fights would be five rounds
>he proposes this as though it would make things more exciting

Welp, we have 189ers and 194ers thanks to McGregor and now we have 200ers thanks to Brock. Stick around and watch the sport, you might learn why that's a terrible idea bro.
>>
>>1458505
>implying wwe & ufc didnt pay Hunt off to take a dive
>>
>>1458505
I have no issue with the way the fight went down, thats lesnar using his strength and wrestling background in an attempt to get a submission, but it should keep going until a submission or knockout occurs. Unanimous decision is just dumb
>>
Was this fight wrestlekino?
>>
>>1459502
if it was really really up to me there wouldn't be rounds like OG boxing
>>1459488
nigga, DC did the same exact shit and borderline apologized for it. You can tell he was ashamed of doing what he did to win, because he was actually afraid to engage silva
>>
>>1459828
It had to go to a decision, you literally cannot knock Hunt out and Brocks' submission game is a shit.
>>
>>1458531
there should be a rule where if you're getting outstriked they put you on the ground
>>
>>1459856
Eh Brock got 2 with submissions and Hunt is known to tap. He has a lot of losses by that
>>
>people getting KO'd is the only way to end a fight

This is how you create short careers
>>
>>1458531
>There should be rule in UFC where if ur on ground for 30 seconds ref has to make ya stand up

If you want to see striking so badly go watch a fucking striking promotion holy shit.
>>
it was a so-so fight the ufc was banking on a short fight. They were hoping for either mark to get an early KO of for Brock to get an early TKO or Sub.

Both guys are pretty one dimential. We weren't going to see a kickboxing show out of Brock and mark sure wasn't going to put on a grappling clinic

Welcome to the world of MMA and UFC booking
>>
>>1460092
I don't mind seeing grappling as long as they are grappling and not just laying there.
Thing is I forgot what era brock was from. He's one of those 2006 guys that made a living by laying on top of other guys and running the clock and almost killed the sport
>>
>>1458531
did you watch the DC vs AS fight? thats all it was
>>
>>1459840
>he doesn't know no round fights just turn into endless stalling trying to conserve energy

It's like you want things to be even more boring than they ocassionally are
>>
File: brock lesnar.webm (3 MB, 1088x608) Image search: [Google]
brock lesnar.webm
3 MB, 1088x608
>>1458505
>N-NO MR.CAIN! PLEASE RECONSIDER! AHH DANA HELP! HE WON'T STOP HURTING ME! SOMEONE GET HIM OFF!
>>
File: 11929605184_0c99945dd8_b.jpg (138 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
11929605184_0c99945dd8_b.jpg
138 KB, 1024x576
>>1460408
DELETE THIS
>>
>>1459840
>if it was really really up to me there wouldn't be rounds like OG boxing
or at the very least, fuck 10 rounds like modern boxing.
That way these fatasses work on their cardio and stamina so they stop being fat and get gasses in 2 rounds
>>
>>1459933
Yeah, so what? We like bloodfests.
You'd be hard pressed to find a wrassling fan who doesn't have some bloodfest or hardcore spotfest on their top 10 favorite matches list.
>>
>>1460634
And this is everything wrong with the industry today. God, why do shit smarks have to ruin everything.
>>
>>1460634
So what? People wouldn't want to participate in combat sports

And only underage fags love hardcore matches
>>
>>1460652
You know the company encourages this mentality, letting fighters bleed profusely or get kicked six times in the head before asking if they've had enough.
>>
>>1460656
People will do anything for money.
>>
>>1460656
>only underage fags love hardcore matches
>>
File: 1468131721401.jpg (120 KB, 709x473) Image search: [Google]
1468131721401.jpg
120 KB, 709x473
>>1458505
What is it about Lesnar's head that looks so manly? Does he lift with his skull?
>>
>>1459168

He neverbeat roman
>>
>>1461019
Decent jaw and a small forehead to make the jaw look bigger

Also tiny eyes
>>
>>1461019
Looks like a gorilla's head.
>>
>>1460682
Would you suck my dick for money?
>>
>>1458505
Mark Cunt btfo
>>
>>1459168
I said before that if Hunt wins, he would do it in round. Brock would take all 3 rounds, which he did. Brock can't stand against the strikers like Hunt, Overeem or Cain.
>>
>>1461448
yes
>>
>>1462449
>can't stand against strikers
>wins

Uhhhhhh
>>
>>1462449
No but he can ground those strikers LMAO
>>
>>1462686
>>1462689
Its always funny seeing people still try to take Brock's victory away from him
>>
>>1462698
It is funny. I remember lifting at this shitty gym (brought to you by Zubas), and some white trash dude was watching some thing on TV about Brock. He says to me "he's not really good, he's just big!"

I then explained to him how I train under Brock's coach, the exact techniques that he worked with him over and over, and the fact that Brock was a D1 wrestling champ. He had that expression of anger that you see commonly on stupid white trash that can't comprehend facts.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.