[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NXT Discussion Thread: Will Rhyno face Joe for the NXT Championship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 2
File: 5_Kevin_Nash_2.jpg (98 KB, 642x722) Image search: [Google]
5_Kevin_Nash_2.jpg
98 KB, 642x722
>#1 Contenders Match for a shot at the NXT Women's Championship: Bayley defeated Alexa Bliss.

>Zack Ryder and Mojo Rawley vs Buddy Murphy and Wesley Blake ended in a Double Disqualification after Rhyno murdered all 4 men in the ring. Thank you based former ECW World Heavyweight Champion for eradicating the no heat jobber menace plaguing this shitty developmental brand where no one seems to fucking develop.

>Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder defeated Chad Gable and Jason Jordan in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match to retain the NXT Tag-Team Championships. I thought the Shatter Machine looked a little goofy on the edge of the ring apron thought it looked a little too safe. Thought it could have been done on the stairs instead.
>>
>>1456416

I watch Raw, Smackdown, Main Event, Superstars, NXT, TNA, Lucha Underground and ROH Carter
>>
no because he's still running for political office

he'll be used to put over a young guy or be main event gatekeeper
>>
>>1456411
>Bayley defeated Alexa Bliss.

I skipped this match due to that, why is she still there?
>>
>>1456427

Rhyno and Kane are both running for Politics? Look just because Ventura got nominated in an all hick state doesn't mean we need to stress test this bullshit.

>>1456432

Bayley's last match is at Takeover when she's booked to lose and Bliss is getting drafted to Smackdown w/ Carmella
>>
>>1456434
They're just wasting time not pushing her up, I'm not saying she NEEDS to go to the main roster but she certainly doesn't need to be in NXT to just lose/beat people who should be built up.
>>
>>1456439

Keep in mind Stephanie McMahon and John Laurinaitis are literally sending shipping truck over to the SHIMMER organization and taking all of their talent

all of them

NXT lacks a strong interchangable women's division since 3 of the 4 Horsewomen are now doing Raw and Smackdown so we need to clear the entire women indie leagues to make more room for an NXT roster.
>>
>>1456447
all they need to do is start actually showing nikki storm and athena on tv. they are working all the house shows and apparently getting good reactions
>>
>>1456447
They ruined NXT when they removed the developmental factor and made it into a "Let's make this into the biggest Indie fed". Now the homegrown talent that aren't the 4 you mentioned are going to be in the backseat for the bigger more "named" talent.
>>
>>1456452

Hunter and Vince literally do not have the mental capacity to make stars from scratch

Namely it has everything to do with comparing the NXT crowd to the main roster crowd

the main roster crowd hates everything that even remotely looks like wrestling. Remember the average age capacity that WWE deals with right now is between 18-50. Raw is filled with Attitude Era marks who literally hate everything about modern WWE
>>
>>1456451

Athena vs Asuka apparently is considered **** stars according to "Women's Wrestling" fans.
>>
>>1456461
They can make stars, but it seems like most of the time they want to make stars out of already existing fame.

Main Roster crowd doesn't seem too fond on technical and like spots or crowd pandering more, I agree.

Imo NXT crowd is worse, they like everything and when it's assumed it will work on the main roster when it won't (I personally think No Way Jose, Bayley, and Hype Bros will flop hard.)
>>
>>1456474
jose needs to prove he can do serious wrestling, bayley will be super over with the kids and should be fine. hype bros probably won't be a main roster thing, but mojo is getting better.
>>
>>1456474
No Way Jose wont "flop" he will be a super over jobber at worst
>>
>>1456474

Have you noticed that the loudest segments on Raw namely consist of wrestlers brawling? Doesn't matter who it is brawls get bigger pops than actual wrestling

Roman and Cena both brawl with AJ and the club and the crowd loves it
the second the brawling stops crowd goes back to being quiet and dead

The gaul of these faggots they wanna see fights go fucking watch UFC.
>>
>>1456477
Brooklyn will prove that if you can't wrestle with Aries you're probably not going to make it
>>
>>1456477

Jose is wrestling Aries at Takeover. If Aries does the job to Jose this is Hunter fucking with Aries who has spent close to half a decade trying to get an NXT contract. He's wanted one since 2010
>>
>>1456477
Flashy jobbers like him who dominates a match with slow attacks won't last too long, eventually he will lose and it's going to stay that way until he has a character change.

>>1456479

He won't be some Sandow but if he ends up like Fandango, over with his theme, it won't last long either. I do like Fandango he played his part well when he was by himself.

>>1456481

They like quick action but nothing that takes too long, that's why the loudest parts of a match are during outside the ring moves or someone comes out to confront someone else.
>>
>>1456479

He's Social Outcast tier. He'll replace Adam Rose.

>>1456482

Baron Corbin proved this but I still have faith in Baron Corbin's ability to succeed

I blame his bad series of matches on Dolph half-assing a lot of his matches because of his saltyness towards the upper-card
>>
>>1456485
>Beats Corbin in debut
>Loses to based baseball dancing man

lel at that point just let him and Roode team up again
>>
>>1456490

What a bunch of ADD retards. Raw is 3 hours. You want short brawls either go watch UFC, Boxing or old WWF Raw's on the network before Raw went to 2 hours then 3 hours.
>>
>>1456491
Corbin I think became the favorite in his feud with Ziggler, even the causal fans I watched wrestling with liked Corbin more than Ziggler. Corbin will succeed, he has a great character and his moveset is good for his look and size.
>>
>>1456495

James Storm needs to get all the money he can from TNA then hurry on back to NXT and make the greatest Trios Team of all time: Roode, Storm, and Aries

if Chris Harris actually applied himself we could see the return of AMW.
>>
>>1456496
I don't think they like to drag out a show that's why they lose interest if something lasts longer than 5 minutes.
>>
>>1456497

He has shown he has been working on his Cardio so he can do longer matches just not too long. He basically went from 1-5 minutes to 5-15 minutes.
>>
>>1456508

That's just the reality of life and that reality is going to get harder come post-Battleground.

Raw is never not going to be 3 hours long

in fact i'm shocked 6 years ago today NXT is still only an hr long.
>>
>>1456513
they don't record enough NXT to have it longer. If they did they would have to record more often. I wouldn't mind NXT being longer but at the rate it's going, I'm already skipping through a good amount of segments.
>>
>>1456504
Storm is pretty much past it. He tries hard but its kind of hard to watch, gets no elevation on his super kicks.
>>
>>1456515

I'm just sick of watching nothing but squash matches I have Main Event and Superstars for that shit

and even then I prefer Velocity and Heat

Remember when Wesley Blake/Buddy Murphy would lose a lot before they gave them character development?

Remember when no one gave a shit about the Revival till Hunter had them kill Enzo/Cass and The Vaudevillians
>>
>>1456524

Storm can still go. Its not like they'll make Storm NXT champion of anything but it be great to see him wrestle on a Takeover card or maybe make some appearances at ROH or PWG
>>
the brand split is going to take a lot of the roster and I have the feeling that if the split doesn't do good ratings they will raid even more of nxt's talent

its going to force wwe to sign even more indie dudes or start putting their developmental guys in bigger spots
>>
>>1456537
A Dillinger-Storm feud/takeover match would be a lot of fun
>>
>>1456526
That's the issue with NXT that it's become squash matches or a new promo to brush up an already existing feud.

Those examples you used are examples of WWE being able to build up on stars if they wanted to, which reminds me of the Legionnaires and Enzo & Cass feud, but other than losing at every turn they didn't continue on with Louis' crazy gimmick and dropped LeFort like they finished with him.
>>
>>1456545

Once they take all the established talent all they'll end up doing is raiding the indies even more and put them on shows they won't get over in

Roderick Strong is not cut out for WWE TV

He wasn't even cut out for TNA TV. Make of that if you will
>>
>>1456557
are we getting moose?
>>
>>1456548

Dillinger is facing someone at Takeover but I am not certain as to whom. They're experimenting with a face Dillinger run due to the negative reaction of Sombra's debut

>>1456549

>Legionnaires

Sylvester Lefort is literally using the same gimmick he used in NXT as he is now using in TNA just called "The Tribunal" instead.

So is Marcus Louis
>>
>>1456463
Divas matches honestly should get a separate star system.
They just do everything markedly worse. It should be made abundantly clear they're 4 stars or 5 stars or whatever by their own metric. It's just insulting to the dudes, otherwise.
>>
>>1456566

Maybe. I dunno why since we already have Apollo Crews and we wanted Willie Mack but Lucha Underground paid more for his talents.

WWE also wants Cuerno, Puma, and Osprey
>>
>>1456568
>They're experimenting with a face Dillinger run due to the negative reaction of Sombra's debut

Well yeah you can't debut a new face against a heel/tweener that is super over. That was just poorly thought out.
>>
>>1456569

I have never watched a **** star divas match in my life

At best, the supposed greatest women's wrestling feud of all time: Trish Stratus vs Lita is *** 1/2 stars

Mickie James vs Trish Stratus at Mania 22 is also of that caliber
>>
>>1456411
>Rhyno murdered all 4 men in the ring
3 you cock sucking mouth breather, Murphy made his escape.
>>
>>1456568
If the gimmick works there, it just shows that there was no issue with the 2 originally, just WWE putting Enzo and Cass before them and not really giving them a chance. The two together worked well.
>>
>>1456580

Sombra has to turn heel now because NXT marks are filled with Obese Virgin Manchildren who wanna see late 30's Dillinger get a "serious push"

Its like people forgot Tyson Kidd's NXT run.
>>
>>1456582

Might as well have killed him he's no better then the rest of the jobbers.

>>1456587

Now NXT barely has a Tag-Team division. They're already gonna break up Gargano and Ciampa soon because Vince hates two guys he thinks both can be over if they tried hard enough because the Jannetty principal still exists to this day
>>
>>1456589
Not really. He just has to keep performing and win people over, they'll eventually let go of his terribly-executed debut. He's one of the best wrestlers on the planet. It won't take long if they give him the opportunities.
Also Kidd's NXT run was fucking stellar.
>>
>>1456592

He isn't even the greatest debut we've had so far

Eric Young wrestled 1 match on a taping and we haven't seen him since.
>>
File: 10.gif (3 MB, 368x203) Image search: [Google]
10.gif
3 MB, 368x203
>>1456589
>Sombra has to turn heel now because NXT marks are filled with Obese Virgin Manchildren who wanna see late 30's Dillinger get a "serious push"

rude i just really like him
>>
>>1456596
I was literally just thinking about Eric Young, wondering what the fuck happened to him. He's not under contract but what was the point in having him have 1 match?
>>
>>1456598
OH GOD THEY SHOULDNT LET THE FANS GET BEHIND SOMEONE BECAUSE OF THEIR AGE
>>
>>1456596
Yeah. Can't really judge him purely off his debut though when everything about it was thought out horribly.
NXT Marks aren't smart enough to know Sombra, either. They don't know how good he is, just that he beat someone they like who's also nowhere near his level.
>>
>>1456569
Yes I'm sure the likes of Titus are super insulted. Stop acting like all men are good wrestlers and all women are bad. There's shit on both sides
>>
>>1456604

In hindsight, Gargano and Ciampa aren't under contract either

I think WWE learned it's lesson when they signed Solomone Crowe
>>
>>1456606

Dude...wrestling has always been a young man's sport

Look at Jericho. Jericho has been having average matches with stars younger than him because he just can't fucking keep up with him he's just too fucking slow
>>
>>1456607

They should have let him keep the mask but I am guessing Kalisto and Sin Cara makes 1 too many masked stars according to Vince's retarded logic
>>
>>1456664
Aren't Gargano and Chiampa now under a contract that lets them still work indy dats? It's all very confusing these days.
>>
>>1456683

Yes which means they aren't constrained to the same degree as The Motor City Machine Guns, The Wolves and The Young Bucks are.
>>
>>1456616
I never said anything close to that. I said Men perform to a markedly higher degree on average.
Do you contest that?
>>
Fuck this mandrama shit
real nigga thread >>1455443
>>
>>1456692

As you stated earlier it depends per wrestler

Hence why his feud with Rusev wasn't taken seriously at all
>>
>>1456426
You don't watch NJPW or CMLL?

Pleb.
>>
>>1456693

>Skateboarding

Go smoke your vape pen you underage faggot
>>
>>1456698

Why not AAA
>>
>>1456693
Now you're resorting to the level of wrestlefags.
>>
>>1456705
Found the beaner.
>>
>>1456668
He's ten years younger than Jericho

Ten years ago Jericho was putting on good matches hell he could still go in 2012
>>
>>1456432
Because when Bayley leaves the NXT women's division dies
>>
>>1456708

I only watch Lucha Underground AAA severely underpays it's workers and is forcing Pentagon to pay dues
>>
>>1456711

No they just actually have to try now
>>
>>1456709

Jericho hit his peak in 2008

Since then he's been on the same in ring quality as Ziggler
>>
>>1456727
In-ring peak for Jericho was WCW Cruiseweights my man.
His overall entertainment peak was probably about there though, yeah. Or maybe 1999-early-2000's, just because everything about WWF was so good then.
>>
>>1456727
His peak sure but 2012 he wasn't holding back his opponents like he is now. And even so that's 3 years away for Tye.
>>
>>1456739

I barely remember anything about Ruthless Aggression era Jericho besides his schtick w/ Christian and Eric Bishoff trying to get John Cena fired
>>
>>1456762

2014 Jericho was the worst you now remember Jericho/Ryback, Jericho/Orton and Jericho/Wyatt
>>
>>1456776
>Jericho/Orton

I vaguely remember that being MoTN at some PPV.
Jericho can still put on great matches with the right opponents. But only if they're much more athletically capable, and let him shine with the character work and slower offense.
Other than that he's pretty strictly confined to middle-of-the-show TV-tier.
>>
>>1456785
His recent match with Nakamura in a house show was pretty good
>>
>>1456785

Why has Jericho not returned to his shitty nu-beta dad core band yet how much coke money does he fucking need?
>>
>>1456797

Hard Cam where?
>>
>>1456807
Fozy focus in 2017
>>
>>1456807
Because his promos are still golden, you stupid idiot.
I really wouldn't mind him drifting into a full-time onscreen character at this point.
>>
>>1456816

Man fuck that and fuck Jericho
>>
Remember when Stone Cold sprayed Vince with a beer truck? Or when Hogan battled Big Show with monster trucks? That's what the people want to see. That's wrestling.
>>
>>1457064
So what you say is we need the first ASSAULT DRONES match, where two wrestlers fight while a teammate outside controls a drone to assist
>>
IS THIS A SFW BOARD!?!? MY IDIOT FRIEND JUST SENT ME A NON-SFW IMAGE HE CLAIMS IS OF PAIGE. IM ALMOST PSOITIVE IT'S NOT BUT WOULD LIKE OTHER OPINIONS.

Sorry for all caps, this isn't a pressing matter. I just wanted to make sure I'd get a reply. I'm watching UFC 200 and can't use the computer.
>>
>>1457097
If it's the one with her right title out then yeah it's her, fap away anon
>>
>>1456566
Probably not happening anytime soon mate. Maybe TNA.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/724331-backstage-update-on-mooses-status-with-ring-of-honor-wwe-was-rusev-the-kryptonite-to-cesaro-on-smackdown-video
>>
>>1456807
Because guitarist and drummer for Fozzy also play in Stuck Mojo, which has a new album out, so they're tied up with promoting and touring. That means you get to drink in Jericho for all of 2016.
>>
>>1457277
DRINK IT IN MAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
>>
>>1456434
Mn is a hick state?

>retard detected
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.