[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Forbes: The Shield Is A Ratings Disaster!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8
File: 2016-07-09_200109.png (33 KB, 804x487) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-09_200109.png
33 KB, 804x487
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alfredkonuwa/2016/07/08/wwes-recent-viewership-numbers-suggest-the-shield-is-a-ratings-disaster/#44e1169c7c03
>>
>>1455624
It's true but it's not the Shieldetty's fault. They could give the title to Brock or Cena and I still wouldn't start watching RAW again.

The entire product is shit.
>>
>>1455629
You might not, but casual audience would. That's the point, the shield have failed to become a attraction for that audience despite their extensive push.

Although, to be fair to Roman, when he first won the title from Sheamus on RAW in that Mcmahon angle to thunderous Philly cheers, the RAW rating bumped up a massive 27% increase. For comparison, the Rock's return in 2011 the rating increase was 26%. WWE clearly could not keep up the momentum with Roman, but the man did draw at one point.
>>
Deanneity and the cuck Rollins are true failures in every sense of the word.
>>
>>1455624

What a hot mess!
>>
People are watching TV less and less you stupid idiots.

Netflix and services like it are EXPLODING and MILLIONS of people are cutting the cable cord.

Vince created the WWE Network because of this very reason and the payoff has already been prolific for the company.

Ratings are a terrible measure of success in 2016. Please stop this meme.
>>
File: 1463858413244.jpg (91 KB, 612x710) Image search: [Google]
1463858413244.jpg
91 KB, 612x710
>>1455652
Based Vince working the smarks and anti-smarks alike.
>>
>>1455652
>People are watching TV less and less you stupid idiots.

Sports viewership is massively up. Big shows like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are also gaining viewers.

TV viewing is down in general, but it's mostly shows that aren't important enough to talk about in the office the next day.

Raw fits into that category.
>>
>>1455635
>WWE clearly could not keep up the momentum with Roman, but the man did draw at one point.
Vince drew, not Roman.
>>
>>1455652

>Ratings are a terrible measure of success

Said the underage kid. I guess that's why pleb shows like game of thrones and walking dead really don't care about tv ratings huh? Networks still care about ratings chump and it's a big reason smackdown is going live in the first place, USA was tired of the wank ratings it was pulling.
>>
>>1455624
At least this confirms that Rollins is the best member of The Shield.

They should just reunite these fags and give the title to Cena.
>>
>>1455624
Now lets see who has the best record highs.
>>
>>1455694
It would still be ranked in the same order.

The RAW after WM31 after Seth cashed in would be the highest, Deans RAW after MITB would be the lowest and Roman would be in the middle
>>
>>1455624
To be fair to Seth his lowest RAW rating came from when they had him feuding with fuckin Kane...
>>
>>1455624

It's not really a fault of the Shield guys though and more due to the fact that the product is absolute shit at this point.

I can easily watch the PPV's and be thoroughly entertained (most of the time) because they generally have a really, really good quality of wrestling going on. But Raw is just awful at this point, too much talking, such little quality in the matches, I feel like I'm not missing anything major with every episode and that I can just go onto Bleacher Report the day after Raw to see what happened and not miss out on a damn thing.
>>
The main issue here is the booking over the last 3 years of depushing everyone in order to push Reigns.

every time someone got hot the WWE purposely held them down, betting on reigns.

when they finally realized how much of a piece of shit Reigns was, they were left with a bunch of lower mid carders
>>
>>1455652
You're right that they're less important, and the Network emphasis has been a shining business move, but ratings on a decline is still a negative. Lessened viewership is lessened revenue and lessen negotiating leverage with your channel.
>>
>>1455720
Stfu no one cares smark
>>
Ratings are still very valuable. WWE Network is not a standalone network like Netflix, WWE Network still needs RAW and USA viewership and exposure to draw and gain subscribers.

And the fact that TV rights fees from USA(200 million) is still the biggest revenue source for WWE shows ratings are still very relevant as ever in WWE context.

The real issue is the product catering to a very niche audience, chasing away lot of casual fans.
>>
>>1455735
The ratings show the only people left are smarks. Marks left a long time ago.
>>
>>1455652
The Network does not grow without mainstream exposure through television ratings. Do you think people just wake up wrestling fans and decide to get the network? No, they rely on Raw to draw in subscribers, without viewers their growth is inhibited.
>>
>>1455757

Youtube m8, their channel has over 11million subscribers.

A Lana in a bikni video got more than half a million views after a day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3aR4eHHGE
>>
File: raw96-15-1.png (8 KB, 820x434) Image search: [Google]
raw96-15-1.png
8 KB, 820x434
>>1455624

ratings have been on a decline for the last 15 years. no competition, terrible creative, and a lame PG product marketed to kids have killed the company
>>
>>1455629
Honestly calling them -etty is stupid since it comes from Marty Jeanetty who NEVER got close to a world title after being split from a tag team.

All of SHIELD members held the WWEWHC at least once.

They're not Shieldetty's, they would be if they remained in the mid/lower card for the rest of their careers. Currently they're just wrestlers who don't fucking draw.
>>
>>1455774

Ironic thing is kids don't want to watch things marketed to them because it's not 'cool'
>>
>>1455798
Exactly. Kids would watch it more if it had lingerie matches, blood, sex jokes and swearing.

I want it back to be honest.
>>
>>1455788
>who NEVER got close to a world title

he was the IC champ when it actually meant something.
>>
>>1455803
Kids don't understand half of that shit anyway, so I don't get what the big deal is.
>>
>>1455805
I suppose it's mostly because of sponsorship deals.

Basically everyone would rather watch something not PG in the place of current WWE. That's why I moved mostly to watching LU right now.
>>
>>1455757
YouTube ya dumfuk
>>
File: 1425856547977.gif (499 KB, 450x296) Image search: [Google]
1425856547977.gif
499 KB, 450x296
>>1455629
>>1455711
>>1455737
>>1455774

>the product
>>
File: 2a2.jpg (27 KB, 680x357) Image search: [Google]
2a2.jpg
27 KB, 680x357
>It's the SHIELD fault they have to carry a shit company and the ratings are low! Put the title on BMJ
>>
>>1455711
>It's not really a fault of the Shield guys though
It is.

People are TIRED of Shield angles in the main event, ratings would probably be more higuer if Cena and AJ; the hottest angle right now was the ME title picture.

Dont get rid of Shield guys but please flush them to the midcard and make the ME scene fresh with new talent.
>>
>>1455852
>People are TIRED of Shield angles in the main event

It's not as much about SHIELD as it is about RAW being 3h with half of it being commercials.

I don't remember the last time I actually watched it from start to finish, especially since it often starts with a segment of Steph emasculating someone. Also commercial breaks during matches are still cancer.

It just feels like a chore to stay and watch RAW till the end, doesn't matter who's in the main event. Sure, some names draw more but it still isn't that much of a number. Overally RAW quality got worse and people don't feel like watching it anymore as a whole.
>>
>>1455857

This so much

There's a reason people really love NXT because it's just an hour of really good quality 'Rastlin and whenever they do have a promo segment it just gets to the point. Smackdown may legitimately beat Raw in the ratings at just 2 hours.
>>
>>1455700
>would be

Says you.
>>
I forgot that a shield dude has been in every championship match for a year and a half.

Seth is the only one I like to watch wrestle.
>>
>>1455767
Youtube is shit
>>
I don't think it really has to do with the Shield.

With both sports and many hour-long popular series now, plus streaming services where you can watch whatever you want, there is just not enough time for most normies to give a fuck about wrestling. It really wouldn't matter who is champion.

I'm amazed the ratings are still this high.
>>
>>1455629
>>1455690
>>1455708
>>1455658
Hi Seth
>>
>>1455624

>vince pushes a bunch of indie flippers after people get mad at him for only pushing big guys
>no ratings and no ppv buys
>low network subs

o im laffin, vinne mac was right all along.
>>
>>1455875
U da man sef
>>
>>1455880

which indie flippers? Roman? Dean? Seth? because those are the only guys getting pushed
>>
>>1455652
>>1455767
>>1455805
>>1455875
Hi Vince!
>>
>>1455881
>>1455892
Just stop. Think of the typical normies on Facebook watching GoT and NFL.

Do you really think there is anything you could do to make them all give up Netflix and start watching professional wrestling again?
>>
>>1455889

CM Punk? Daniel Bryan? Kevin Owens? Zayn? Seth? Dean? AJ Styles?

Its been indymania running wild for past 6 years, buttfucking WWE ratings.
>>
>>1455896
The sad thing is it probably believes this.
>>
>>1455896
How are Zayn, AJ, Owens, Punk or DBry going to have an impact on the current ratings when they've either not been given the spotlight, or aren't even around anymore?
In-fact, Punk and DBry did much better in the ratings than they're doing now.
>>
>>1455624
I think maybe the writers are a ratings disaster.
>>
>>1455895
>Introduce Pirate character
>Introduce medieval character
>Abolish MemeXT
>Stop announcing big returns like Orton/Memetista
>Fire Fatass Owens and Memesaro
>Put belt on THE BOSS SA+$HA BANKS
>Fire C+harles and B+ecketty
>Make BASED Cena the face of the WWE
>Hire Punk make him fight Cena
>Create new Shield-like group slowly this time.
I just saved WWE
>>
>>1455912
This.
>>
>>1455902
Punk was the original lowest rated champion. His reign in 2012 drew some of the lowest numbers ever. Bryan was never a difference maker. The Authority angle sustained ratings, and then Bryan was gone due to injury.
>>
>>1455912
Holy shit! This right fucking here.
>>
>>1455912
Split the roster into various houses themed after GoT's houses.
Also put the Lucha Dragons under Summer Rae's leadership, and start calling her Kha-Lee-Si.

Thank me later Vince
>>
>>1455916
>Bryan was never a difference maker. The Authority angle sustained ratings, and then Bryan was gone due to injury.

Just stop. It's sad watching you try.
>>
>>1455920
>Bryan was never a difference maker.
In terms of ratings this is true. I don't agree with what he said about the authority though.
>>
>>1455932
Yeah that's what I was focusing on more-so. Bryan wasn't around long enough to ever potentially be a difference maker. He popped ratings a few times, but never had a big, sustained top run. So it could never be said.
>>
>>1455629
hey quit having sense this is asp
>>
File: 1239898344.png (21 KB, 588x379) Image search: [Google]
1239898344.png
21 KB, 588x379
>>1455920
>>1455920
Punk and Bryan (you can't even really say Bryan because at not time was he THE MAN for a extended peroid) were not draws. They drew less than Cena. Ratings plummeted under them.

But at least they drew better than SHIELDETTY'S ALL TIME LOW.
>>
>>1455896
FUCKING THIS.

Indyshits ARE NOT DRAWS. Smarks cream their shit over them but the casual audience doesn't care about MUH WORKRATE FLIPPY BORING MANLETS.

It's like Russo, LOL FUCKING RUSSO, says: the casuals want good stories and good characters FIRST.
>>
Just put the fuckin belt on cena
>>
>>1455652
you're stupid
ratings are percentage based
you stupid idiot
>>
>>1455652
/thread
>>
>>1455955
So you got Punk, Dbry, KO, and Seth. They each had good characters
just bad stories
why are you arguing against the talent and then citing creative as the problem? Lunacy.
>>
>>1455624
>>1455652
Does RAW not air live on the WWE Network? If it does, it could be stealing viewers
>>
>>1456531
no it does not
>>
>>1456531
if RAW aired live on anywhere but USA, it would be a violation of their deal with USA, which is grounds for termination of 200 million contract, something that would reduce WWE to indy levels.
>>
>>1456534
>>1456560
Thanks
>>
File: 1463456543687.gif (457 KB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
1463456543687.gif
457 KB, 390x293
>>1455914
>>1455917
>>1455912
not any of this
>>
>>1455917
>!
Back back to /wew/
>>
>>1455652
live TV is way up dipshit because it's the only thing you HAVE to watch at a certain time without getting spoiled
>>
>the unmoderated, unpaid contributor Blog
>"Forbes"
nah
Also Alfred Konuwa is a nigger and known shill who does it for free and 0 monetary compensation.
>>
>it's not the shield's fault, the product is just boring!
>3 hours is too long!
>there are no stories!
>it's not the shield's fault
*ignores how ratings skyrocket when BMJ is in the main event and shieldettys are nowhere to be seen*
the sheer state of shield cucks, lmao.
>>
>>1455652
/thread
>>
>>1455635
>the casual audience

You know that ratings have been in decline for 15 years, which includes literally the entirety of Cena & Lesnar's WWE runs?
>>
>>1455955
What the fuck would Russo know about good stories and good characters?
>>
>>1455880
>>1455896
Explain why the ratings began declining literally a decade before any of them got pushed newfag
>>
>>1455652
This. TVFags BTFO
>>
>>1455912
>Fire Fatass Owens
This is the only good idea you had
>>
>>1455679
>Sports viewership is massively up. Big shows like Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead are also gaining viewers.

Precisely because those DON'T have online streams, at least not reasonably affordable ones.
>>
>deanetty
>jasethy
>romarty

What's the percentage of their fans that have ever had sex? 6 percent?
>>
>>1455857

It is a huge waste of time watching RAW live every single week. It's just about the worst thing you could do with your life, you can get caught up with everything in under 20 minutes if you wanted to on their YouTube channel.

Even watching some PPVs feels like a chore.
>>
>>1455624
>Seth has the best ratings
We found who can carry the show if booked properly
>>
>>1459449
>deanetty
1%
>jasethy
1%
>roman
100%
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.