[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you excited?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 9
File: CmzoKp2WcAA7K5c.jpg (43 KB, 596x335) Image search: [Google]
CmzoKp2WcAA7K5c.jpg
43 KB, 596x335
Are you excited?
>>
Ye
>>
JUST
>>
>>1453034
Hello yes

Motivated Randy vs Brock who will have to do something other than his suplex city gimmick, what's not to like.
>>
I don't think Edge should be in this triple threat match
>>
>>1453091
Hi, I'm yes
>>
>>1453097
Hi Yes, i'm Don't.
>>
hell no
>>
>>1453034

Yeah, been a dream match of mine for a long time.
>>
>>1453095
Yes hello.
>>
No

Fuck Boreton
>>
>>1453101
eat me
>>
>>1453034
FUCK YES
>>
>>1453034
Only if Randy pulls off an RKO while being F-5'd
>>
PREPARE THE BATTLEFIELD...FOR MASSACRE
>>
>>1453034
Yes.

I like Orton and he is still popular and it shouldnt be an squatch match so should be a good match.
>>
No
but Orton is a decent choice and can do a new rko so it should at least be a solid match, then again the street fight at mania should have been a solid match and they fucked that up
>>
>>1453611
Dean has fucked all his matches since Roadblock.

Im still not sure why Jericho took the harcore bump instead of Dean.
>>
>>1453613
>Blaming creative problem on talents
stop being r/4chan tier like the rest of /asp/ and think for a fraction of a second
>>
>>1453616
Nah, every guy is managed and they still do well.

Its obvious a Dean problem.
>>
File: johncena.jpg (83 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
johncena.jpg
83 KB, 900x506
>>1453034

Hello Rando,

my old nemesis.
>>
>>1453034
Is there going to be some build up or they will just kinda show up at SS and beat the shit out of each other without much reason behind it.
>>
>Only non squash Lexmark match besides with Taker is with Orton
>>
>>1453613
>blaming Ambrose for modern Jericho matches being shite
>>
I'm excited for Suplex City reversal into RKO.
>>
>>1453629
Modern Jericho is good though, Dean has been poning it since forever barring some PPVs.
>>
>>1453633
>Modern Jericho is good

He's been underwhelming and in-decline since late 2012
>>
>>1453034
If Randy cares, it'll be fun.

>>1453616
The Wrestlemania match wasn't his fault, but he looked like shit without anyone's help in his Jericho series.
>>
>>1453613
I don't think it was Dean's fault, I think it was more creative saying 'you can't hit Brock with a barbed wire bat, he's going to be training for UFC 200 so we can get Ronda/Mcgregor even though their value has plummeted.'
That or their PG attitude of 'no blood lol.'
>>
>>1453640
>but he looked like shit without anyone's help in his Jericho series.

You literally named the person responsible for those matches sucking.
>>
>>1453654
Both of them were.
>>
>>1453034
Yes. I like Randy.
>>
>>1453606
Based big ratings Matt has rejuvenated meme.
>>
I thought Randy had retired or something, I was happy. He was happy. We were all happy.

Why is he back? Why didn't he just stay away, the car got stronger in his absence.
>>
File: 1452884903665.jpg (14 KB, 192x283) Image search: [Google]
1452884903665.jpg
14 KB, 192x283
>Orton comes in to Burn in my Light
>>
>>1453778

I'd probably cry a little bit.
>>
I'd rather have seen Brock/Sheamus
>>
>>1453794
>wanting shaemus to still get paid to work at big vinnie's man-nasium
>>
>>1453034
No, not really.

But I'm not sure who I'd like to see Bork go up against at this point. For a while, I thought Sheamus, but not anymore.
>>
>>1453778
Would mark out hard.
>>
>>1453806
Sheamus is a great worker, and stylistically a more intriguing fit for Brock.
>>
>>1453812
Shaemus is the wrestling equivalent of wallpaper paste.

One of the most boring dudes I've ever seen, I'm glad he's a jobber now.
>>
>>1453812
Sheamus is jobbing to Apollo Crews. He is not a credible opponent against Brock, even if he wasn't shit.
>>
>>1453818
>he doesn't love stiff hossfests

>>>/out/
>>
>>1453034
>Missing for 11 months
>Gets a high profile match in the second biggest PPV
Reach out and grab that brass ring, eh Vince?
>>
>>1453820

Physically, he's a more credible threat than Orton. Sheamus is a beast.
>>
>>1453818
Shit opinion.

>>1453820
Nobody's a credible opponent against Brock, so that doesn't really matter. People expect to see him maul people.
Even so, he's a former champ who could be rocketed back to fringe main-eventer with a few key wins.
>>
>>1453818
Agreed he is complete shit. Has been given numerous chances and been boring as fuck each time.
>>
>>1453823
what

sorry senpai, but the league of nations ruined every man in it. All 3 of the remaining guys are now worse than they were before it started.

Even Rusev is bad, the program with kalista was trash, the program with titus was trash, very disappointing, but at least he's good at working the crowd.

Shaemus has is like the singles version of the vaudevillains, no one gives a shit.
>>
>>1453600
100% chance of happening.

Bork kicks out.

>I love it, Maggle!
>>
>Brock Lesnar vs Kevin Owens never
>Brock Lesnar vs Nakamura II never
>>
>>1453830
As a Heel, he's always been good. His only shit-tier run was his super-forced face bullshit in like 2012 or whenever that atrocious WHC reign was.
>>
>>1453818
Neck yourself m8
>>
>>1453834
How was the first Brock/Nakamura?
>>
>>1453838
About as good as could be expected considering where both of them were at that point in their careers.
>>
>>1453832
>blaming and judging guys for how they're booked by a team of incompetent boobs
>Rusev has to wrestle shitters like Kalisto, and giga-shitters like Titus with zero emphasis or importance
>surprised the programs aren't good

So, you're a stupid mark. Gotcha.
>>
>>1453835
He's okay (just okay though) in ring. The problem is his lack of mic skills, lack of charisma, never having a good character and retarded look. If he sorts all that stuff out he'll be golden.
>>
>>1453832
I'm just going to leave the rest of your idiotic babble for everybody else to laugh at, but:

>LoN being crappy suddenly means Sheamus isn't an elite worker anymore
>>
>>1453842
>He's okay (just okay though) in ring

Well, at least you made it clear from the get-go you're not to be taken seriously.
He's great in-ring, and lately, been portraying his heel character much better. He made chicken salad out of a definition jabroni-transitional reign for Roman.
>>
>>1453842
His best character was his face run on 2011 Smackdown because he actually had flaws.
>>
>>1453832
Why were those Rusev programs trash?

They were meant to build him back up, and in my mind, succeeded.

And the matches with Kalisto were enjoyable. Not so much with Titus, but that was to be expected.
>>
>>1453845
>He's great in-ring
kek
If he's great he must have a load of great matches then.

List all of Sheamus's great matches.

Hard mode: don't include any against the guy widely considered to be the best wrestler of the past decade.
>>
>>1453841
I'm not blaming him for him being boring, if you recall I implied it was the fault of his time in the LoN.

Booking has been shit for him, he isn't interesting.

He's lower on the card than Zack Ryder, and they HATE to push Ryder.
>>
>>1453794

Samefag here. Btw the reason I brought up Sheamus was because it seemed like they teased it a while back. Can't remember exactly- maybe the Royal Rumble or a RAW? Brock was annihilating everyone and Sheamus was the only guy to give resistance to him looking like he could hold his own physically. Since then I've wanted to see it.

I guess Orton could be a decent match aswell but really I'd expect Brock to fling him around like he did Cena.
>>
>>1453034
I hope Randy's neck and shoulders enjoy Suplex City

What's the worst that could happen? He only just came back from a shoulder injury..
>>
>>1453849
We saw the same match in the same way 5 or 6 times.

It wasn't interesting.

Titus O'Neal as a contender for the US title is just not compelling at all>

Rusev defending against Titus is shit because you want Rusev to win but he's the heel. It flies in the face of how it was booked, it's just too damn contradictory to be enjoyable.
>>
>>1453856
Oh, okay, fair enough then, my apologies.
Still, though. The styles of the pair mesh really well, they had a house show match earlier this year, and it just seemed to be seven minutes of Sheamus laying into Brock before getting tossed on his head and F5'd.
That, drawn out for a while, with Sheamus going full fella and leaving Bork covered in welts, would be fucking amazing.
>>
>>1453849
I think he needs a more credible opponent like perhaps Sami Zayn or Cesaro.
>>
>>1453845
>He made chicken salad out of a definition jabroni-transitional reign for Roman.
This feud was awful and had one of the worst segments of 2015 (and 2015 was not good).
>>
>>1453853
His Dorito series was boring as fuck in-storyline, but the matches were great. Awesome Cesaro matches, a few intermittent great Orton ones that suffered in the same way Del Rio's did – boring and overdone, but great match quality. I recall his Cena matches were very good, as were his gimmicked matches with Haitch.
I can't comprehend how you're saying he's a bad worker, honestly. He's one of the more consistent guys on the roster; I can't sit here and rattle off every great match he's had like a data-base, but if you pay attention, you'll see that he's really fucking good at what he does.
>>
>>1453853
>doubting the abilities of Sheamus

You must be new, he's low-key assembled quite the catalog for himself:

>vs. John Morrison (TLC 2010)
>vs. Mark Henry (SummerSlam 2011)
>vs. Dolph Ziggler (No Way Out 2012)
>vs. The Big Show (Hell in a Cell 2012)

+ any match he's had with Cesaro.

And that's just some notable PPVs.
>>
>>1453876
It says something that he was able to get a decent match out of beeg in this day and age.
>>
>>1453853
>he honestly thinks Sheamus is a bad worker

he's never been top five or anything, but he's always done very well in-ring. im not going to list every match he's had, because i legit can't be bothered. but if you don't think he can wrestle, you're a moron.
>>
>>1453871
I didn't say he's a bad worker, I said he's okay.

>>1453876
I wasn't watching wrestling during that period so I'll check those out at some point. But if he hasn't had a 'great' match in 4 years do you still consider him a great wrestler?
>>
>>1453876
You somehow didn't mention his best match vs Daniel Bryan at Extreme Rules
>>
>>1453863
That sounds dreadful, sorry.

Brock as a part timer shouldn't be wasted on guys like shaemus, they don't have a lot of time to build a story so it's always booked as a standalone fight.

I could list a bunch of guys that would have better matches against Brock, guys who the crowd enjoy watching, guys who aren't dead in the water right now, guys like:

>AJ Styles
>Samoa Joe
>Nakamura
>Kevin Owens
>Hell, even cesaro, I don't fucking know.

All good workers, all have moves that get the crowd amped (apart from Owens, but he's fantastic on the mic), owens and cesaro just came out of that fantastic IC title picture from extreme rules and this could bump them up the card a bit.

For Joe it could be a great way to launch him on the main roster.
>>
>>1453871
>>1453876

His matches with Orton were good too
>>
>>1453882
>But if he hasn't had a 'great' match in 4 years do you still consider him a great wrestler?

He has. And despite what you think, the DBry match at ER absolutely counts among them. It was a Roman-tier affair in which he was overtly carried. Sheamus put work into that match and looked great, too. They had awesome chemistry, more-so than the chemistry DBry usually gets out of people.
>>
>>1453882
>>1453888
*wasn't a Roman-tier affair.
>>
Orton is a solid opponent. Don't know what all the neckbeards here are crying about.
>>
>>1453886

>manlet Styles would be better against Brock than Sheamus
>naming 2 guys currently in NXT

wew kys
>>
>>1453882
Sheamus was really under-the-radar for 2013 & 2014 due to injuries or apathetic booking.

I thought his US Title match against Rusev was great and his matches against Dolph last year were good even if the angles they were built around were utterly dreadful.

>>1453885
He pre-emptively DQed them.
>>
>>1453824

Vince gave the brass ring to the shieldetty members who you smarks love and all they've given him back in return are piss poor ratings. You like to complain about Cena and Orton but at least they actually draw money.
>>
>>1453892
Orton spams headlocks more than modern Brock spams suplexes.

He's fucking boring.
>>
>>1453893
It's not that guy's fault Sheamus is less over than NXT guys.
>>
>>1453896
>Orton spams headlocks

t. underage memer

Orton is a good wrestler and this is a solid and believable match.
>>
>>1453893
>good worker vs trash irishman whose gimmick is "I'M IRISH, LOOK AT ME!!!!"

>Implying they aren't going to raid nxt for this brand split

>Implying u aren't butthurt you favourite wrestler Hornswaggle got shitcanned and we won't see Hornswaggle vs Lesnar so you're projecting shaemus as a leprechaun instead.

Mark
>>
>>1453895
>Shield members are responsible for Vince's dogshit booking killing ratings

Silly anti-smarks.

Also, Orton was the original ratings killer. 18+
>>
>>1453901
>American banter
>>
>>1453900
m8 I'm pretty sure I'm closer to 30 than you are to 20
>>
>>1453901

>being this triggered

Did I insult your husbando AJ "indie shitter manlet memer" Styles?
>>
>>1453904
Plot twist he's 80.
>>
>>1453902
>Also, Orton was the original ratings killer.

Orton's like the fourth in-line of the ratings killer legacy.
Nash/HBK > Haitch (the reign of terror fucked the ratings) > Orton
>>
>>1453906
>so butthurt Hornswaggle can't wrestle lesnar that he projects on to me

18+
>>
File: basedfatassmanlet.png (428 KB, 591x654) Image search: [Google]
basedfatassmanlet.png
428 KB, 591x654
>>1453902

>WAHH MUH BRASS RING
>Title keeps getting passed around shieldetty losers
>Ratings are in the toilet,even worse than when Kevin Nash was champion 20 years ago

Orton vs. Brock is a great match. Stay mad that Fat Owens Fat doesn't have the look to compete with a beast like Brock. Are you kidding me right now?
>>
>>1453914
[shitposting meekly]

I don't even need to say anything for you to start crapping yourself in flaccid rage, do I?
>>
>>1453917

Take the L buddy.
>>
>>1453911
>>1453906
>>1453901
>>1453893
Are you guys having a contest to see who can make the dumbest shitpost?
>>
>>1453918
Ah, so you've now moved on to the "desperately trying to convince himself he's winning" stance.

Orton is boring as fuck and Lesnar has been phoning it in LIVE! from Memeplex City since his match against Reigns.
>>
>>1453920

>Can't argue his stupid point
>I don't need to say anything mang

>Orton is boring

Or you're just underage and think that the young bucks are the epitome of wrestling skill.

>They need to do flips guise!
>>
File: OrtonLock.png (574 KB, 864x639) Image search: [Google]
OrtonLock.png
574 KB, 864x639
>>1453926
You know, you can keep saying I'm underage all you like, but you're the one acting like a petulant adolescent here.

Where's the "wrestling skill" in spamming chinlocks without rhyme or reason?

>Pic Related: a macro I've been using for nearly a decade
>>
LET'S SETTLE THIS FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL

http://www.strawpoll.me/10697287
>>
File: RandybeingRandy.webm (3 MB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
RandybeingRandy.webm
3 MB, 600x336
>>1453932

>Where's the "wrestling skill" in spamming chinlocks without rhyme or reason?

Nice selective reasoning chump. Orton has a great drop kick for a man his size, has great suplex variations, good ring presence and can hype up a crowd during a match both as a heel and a face.

>for nearly a decade

Cause that was when you were first exposed to wrestling.
>>
>>1453944
The defensiveness of Orton fanboiiiz never ceases to amaze me. I've been watching rasslin' since before you could shave.

Never answered my question about chinlock spam either.

> good ring presence and can hype up a crowd

You know that Orton was the instigator for shitchanting for announcers, right?
>>
>guy who has been boring since WM32 now that he is all about le suplex city
>a guy who just wants to work safe matches and do nothing special

This is gonna be worse than Taker vs. Lesnar last year.
>>
>>1453947

>Anyone who disagrees with me is a fanboy

Today's smarks are actually really embarrassing.
>>
>>1453957
OK pal, put yo' money where you mouth is. Tell me when you first started posting in "The IWC".
>>
>>1453960

>Fat Owens Fat starts spamming headlocks
>LOL SO FUNNY AND QUIRKY xD

>Randy uses it
>SO BORING PLEASE BOOK SAMI ZAYN VS BROCK INSTEAD
>>
>>1453962
>literally too scared to post a year
>>
>>1453034
I kind of wished they hyped it up better than "oh uhh... yeah Lesner will take on Orton."
>>
Orton is a boring, narcissistic fuckboi who tries to make up for the fact that he can't wrestle by slathering himself in body oil and making duck faces in the ring like a retard. I'd rather watch my mother be raped by a pack of wild niggers than see this boring garbage at summer slam
>>
>>1453969
>I'd rather watch my mother be raped by a pack of wild niggers

Fuck.
>>
>>1453778
HEY!
>>
>>1453968

If Brock loses on Saturday, Orton is a good guy to end his invincible aura.
>>
>>1453973
>WWE in charge of building new stars
>>
>>1453969

Then don't watch the match you pimple faced little twat...Oh wait...you still will.

Moron.

Orton > AJ Styles
>>
>>1453974

>muh new stars...except Roman Reigns, if Reigns beats Brock at WM 31 then we riot.
>>
>>1453976
It's almost like Reigns is a boring shitter or something!
>>
>>1453977

>boring shitter

What I think of all the indie darlings that come to the main roster and have 0 personality attached to them.
>>
>>1453975
>Orton > AJ Styles

Pretty sure even Orton would laugh at how wrong you are with that one.
>>
>people actually defending Blandy "resthold" Boreton
>>
>>1453979
>implying Reigns has personality
>>
>>1453982

Pretty sure Orton doesn't even know or care much about some indie manlet shitter.
>>
>>1453986
>calling Orton an ignorant dumbass

Top argument lad.
>>
>>1453988

>overrating indie darlings just cause they wrestled in NJPW
>>
>>1453994
>desperately throwing out any cuntrarian anti-smark bait that he can

At least try.
>>
>tfw finally gonna get f5 into rko

YESSSSSSSSS
>>
> dick
>>
>>1454000

>anti-smark

Nice buzzword fatso. Run out of things to complain about?

People have wanted to see Orton vs. Brock for a long time. Get over it.

Besides who else even on the roster can Brock realistically face, he's already wrestled Cena a lot, he's gone through the shieldetty ratings killers, everyone else is in the mid card. It wouldn't even make sense from a booking stand point.
>>
>>1454008
Do you even know what you're trying to argue against anymore?

What the fuck has Orton done recently to make him look on Brock's tier?

Job to Sheamus & Rollins?
>>
>>1453778

>Orton comes back with the legend killer gimmick

B A S E D
>>
>>1454016
>Do you even know what you're trying to argue against anymore?

Yes you perro idiot, that Orton is the only credible opponent for Brock at the moment.

>Job to Sheamus & Rollins

He got his win back against Sheamus who was MITB and lost dirty to Rollins.

He was never pinned to lose at WM 30, he's been out for a while so crowds will be glad that he's back and injects something new to this boring and stale spell of shield members.

You can whine about move lists and head locks or you want but that doesn't negate the fact that he's still a good worker.
>>
>>1454023
>crowds will be glad that he's back

lol you don't know where SummerSlam is, do you?

If he's such a good worker how come his matches are so monotonously dull?
>>
>>1454023
>>1454024
You two have been arguing for an hour and a half now.
>>
File: randy-orton-workout4x5.jpg (41 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
randy-orton-workout4x5.jpg
41 KB, 400x500
He should go over Brock honestly.
>>
>>1454024
>lol you don't know where SummerSlam is

It's in my hometown and I know for a fact he'll get huge cheers cause he hasn't done anything to warrant smark babby boos.

>how come his matches are so monotonously dull?

Cause he stopped being motivated when the match is meaningless like having to wrestle Cena and Sheamus for the 20th time. This is why I called you and will continue to call you underage cause when he was starting out he used to have great matches, even in 2013 when he was champion he had good matches with Daniel Bryan.
>>
>>1453034
Not really, what's the buildup?
>>
>>1454036

To be decided obviously since Brock is out doing real fighting.
>>
>>1453895
>You smarks
Maybe one day we'll be free of two-sided blank statements like this, then again, probably not. I like Seth alright, but couldn't care less for the rest of the Shield, and even Seth was thrust into the main event to hastily.

That doesn't change the fact that Orton is a boring shitter, and since I don't have shares on the WWE, I couldn't care less about his (fabled) drawing power.
>>
>>1454036
Orton is going to RKO Lesnar mid-fight at UFC 200 and cause him to lose.
>>
>>1454032
>claims to be from NYC
>doesn't realise why Orton will get booed

Orton was having boring-as-piss matches literally over a decade ago.

As evidenced by that macro I posted earlier that I've been using for the better part of a decade.

All of Orton's 2013 PPV matches against Bryan sucked a dick.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.