[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PG and banned moves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (185 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
185 KB, 1284x722
Is there anything more retarded than banning moves in wrestling?
>b-b-but we don't want kids doing them!
Kids will always emulate what they see on TV and this will literally never, ever stop. It's not your responsibility to keep them safe, it's their parents'.
>b-b-but it looks too violent for PG!
So? Wrestling is about grown men solving their problems with violence. It's inherently not for kids. It's inherently not PG. If you're so worried about the kids, ban every move. Hell, take out the fucking ring altogether. Make the whole show three hours of guys with microphones just talking to each other.
>b-b-but this one guy got hurt taking this move once!
So? No one can use the move ever because one guy fucked it up once? Fuck off.

This PG shit needs to die. It's stifling what wrestlers can do both on the mic and in the ring. It's literally killing wrestling. I don't want some edgy CZW bullshit, I just want wrestling to be wrestling again.
>>
>>1452162

I thought moves were banned because they were more prone to injure despite doing them correctly, like Nikki's Rack Attack.
>>
Some moves are super dangerous and add nothing to a match.

Don't need to see a Tiger Driver 98' or Burning Hammer when moves like a power bomb or a F-5 provide similar impact and a sense of finality.

Same goes with "regular" moves like pile drivers. Suplexes are much safer and just as entertaining.
>>
>>1452194
Pile drivers are illegal anyway right? I think the only guys actually allowed to perform are kane and the undertaker
>>
>>1452162
It's not professional wrestling; it's parody, it's sports entertainment.
>>
Ye
>>
>>1452162
>Its a muh curbstomp episode.

Please have sex.
>>
>>1452210

Tombstone isn't the same thing. The guy giving the move has a lot more control then when you do a straight up piledriver.
>>
It's easier that two little boys emulates powerbombs, suplexes or pieldrivers than moonsaults or burning tables

PG era is stupid. Wrestling is about guys fighting, it's not for kids since the first moment!
>>
>>1452406
Yeah, Takers Tombstone they do cause Taker only goes to his knees, a regular piledriver that only went to the knees they would have that level of control too, if you do the sit out version of the tombstone then there isnt much you can do. At least when they do a regular Piledriver you have some room to tuck your chin to take it on the back of the neck, when they fuck up a tombstone you don't have that room because the person giving the tombstones groin is in the way. Go watch Jerry "The King" Lawler fuck up a piledriver and watch the guy walk away without a scratch and then go watch Owen Hart fuck up a Tombstone and cut Steve Austins career short by like 8 years. Minor changes in moves can turn a normally pretty safe move into a dangerous one. For example the difference between a Death Valley Driver and a Burning Hammer. The only difference is which way you are facing when you take the bump, but one is used in WWE still today and the other is banned pretty much world wide.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.