[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting back in the saddle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10
File: gawker-gets-the-big-boot.gif (1 MB, 335x210) Image search: [Google]
gawker-gets-the-big-boot.gif
1 MB, 335x210
I haven't watched wrestling since 2003 or so, though I was obsessed as fuck as a kid. I went to like 3 RAWs, two Nitros, went to the King of the Ring where Stone Cold fought Shane and Vince in the ladder match, used to stage wrestling matches on my trampoline for all the kids in my school. My wrestling figure collection was GOAT, had the old 1992 WWF ring with the cage, even owned the old WWF arcade game.

I kind of grew out of it, I guess. I'm fucking 30 now and after playing WWE2K16, the urge to stop jobbing and reclaim my title is upon me. The problem is, I don't know who anyone is anymore. Dean Ambrose (looks like one of the Dudleys who forgot to wear his glasses), this Roman Reigns faggot, Seth Rollins, etc. These guys seem lame as fuck with terrible, vanilla gimmicks.

Who the fuck do I even root for? I was obsessed with Sting back in the olden days, pre-Crow paint, but I don't know if I can root for someone who should've retired 10 years ago.

Help me get back into it, /asp/. What's the lay of the land? Is there a 'Goldberg' type fag that the company is pushing even though everyone thinks they're shit?
>>
>>1452095
Save yourself the trouble and stop watching now.
>>
>Is there a 'Goldberg' type fag that the company is pushing even though everyone thinks they're shit?

Roman Reigns
>>
>>1452100
Fuck you, I'm a manchild and I can waste my life however I please.
>>1452101
Holy fuck, I just looked it up -- he even does the spear. How could they let this shit happen again? Goldberg was a mistake.
>>
>>1452095
Look up Broken Matt, Lucha Underground and watch NXT Specials.
That's all.
>>
>>1452102
I was just trying to save you the pain of watching this shit product that is currently out there, but hey knock yourself out you fucking sperg autist. You'll probably enjoy that shit of this garbage. Be sure to check out sasha banks and all of the fart threads, It looks like you'll fit right in. Faggot.
>>
>>1452095
>1452095
>Dean Ambrose (looks like one of the Dudleys who forgot to wear his glasses), this Roman Reigns faggot, Seth Rollins, etc
>'''''''''''coincidentally''''''''''' gets them in the correct order when they where the Shield
Take a shower,hit the weight,get a clue
>>
File: xx.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
xx.gif
2 MB, 320x180
Just watch Broken Matt segments and Perfect 10 Tye Dillinger matches and you have p much the good in wrestling right now. Cool Dad Jericho is pretty good too if you like him from back in your day.
>>
>>1452095
Get WWE Network 1 month free trial and just watch all of Dean Ambroses matches and ya be good
>>
>>1452107
>Look up Broken Matt
Dont do it.

You were watching wrestling when it was at its peak and was somehow "serious".

The whole Broken Matt Brother Nero tier is the sharknando of wrestling. So bad its so good but for someone who was watching The rock vs Stone Cold last time watching two retards throw fireworks at eachother will only create disgust
>>
>>1452109
You seem to be mad about something that has nothing to do with me. How about you go kill yourself instead?
>>1452107
NXT always looked like budget WCW to me, particularly after what this guy >>1452123 said, I'mm going to pass.
>>1452117
I literally just picked the three most boring seeming new guys from the game. It's kind of ironic that they were in a stable.
>>
File: gardener.jpg (509 KB, 1425x797) Image search: [Google]
gardener.jpg
509 KB, 1425x797
>>1452123
faggot
>>
>>1452128
Hey, fuck you, you're a manchild and I'll do whatever I want.
>>
>>1452123

>The final deletion was disgusting

>but give me more rock vs stone cold

Lose weight
>>
>>1452123
>Pretending like brother Nero is the worst wrestler has to offer.
>When the last time this faggot watched wrestling shit like Kane, Taker, Katie Vick, sexual chocolate, dollar store The Crow and other inane, asinine shit was prevalent.

Anybody who acts like broken Matt is some huge, unheard of shift from wrestling norm needs so serious 18+ing.
>>
>>1452129
>Le epic Benjamin Brother nero our Genesis meme

This two once wrestled in front of a 10k+ crowd at WM and now are wrestling for $20 in their backyard.

Really makes you think
>>
>>1452146
>Not wanting to return to the Sega of their Genesis
Fuck you, why don't you kill yourself instead?
>>
>>1452144
>When the last time this faggot watched wrestling shit like Kane, Taker, Katie Vick, sexual chocolate, dollar store The Crow and other inane, asinine shit was prevalent.
That was why it was fun and entertaining, you dipshit. It's rigged. It's not a real sport. Why the fuck would I give a fuck who is a 'good wrestler' if they're uninteresting? Nigger, I watched the Brett Hart/Shawn Michaels ladder match live on PPV but it would've been boring as fuck if they were two bland, lame characters in some low-budget straight-to-CW tier shitfest.
>>
>>1452144
Its not the most idiotic thing i saw but literally the whole purpose of this storyline was to attact some viewers by being as retarded as it gets.
>>
>>1452152
Then you may like this garbage actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzScgAhSt0
>>
File: 1396026439219.gif (2 MB, 325x251) Image search: [Google]
1396026439219.gif
2 MB, 325x251
>>1452152
>I watch wrestling for the characters and drama
>>
>>1452157
What the fuck do you watch it for?
>>
>>1452152
>This retarded shit is good.
>But this retarded shit is bad.
It was literally no worse than pretending that or Taker's family died in a fire and so did they and also they got magical powers from that shit and Taker dying and going to hell, but coming back multiple times except that it had a WWF logo on it.
>>
>>1452158
Call me strange, but I watch for the fucking wrestling. If I want fucking characters and fucking stories, I'll watch a fucking movie or read a fucking book you stupid fucking nigger.
>>
>>1452164
The difference is one had guys actually pretending to be into it like in a theatre while the Jeff/matt feud was them having retarded accents $5 CGI the fucking benjamin thing and basically matt acting like a retard.

Like if you dont see the difference maybe stay watching TNA
>>
>>1452164
Let me explain for you: the entertainment aspects are fun when they aren't low-budget shitfests of utter retardation that are meant to be cool. If someone has a goofy gimmick but also has the charisma and is interesting enough to pull it off, like Mick Foley, then it's a little different.
>>1452167
>i watch it for the fake punches, fake eye-rakes, fake kicks, and grappling that is designed not to actually injure your opponent
And I'm the fedora. Go sharpen your katana and watch some anime, neckbeard.
>>
>>1452171
>These other guys pretending to be retarded are better than these others pretending to be retarded because Ive arbitrarily decided that they're taking it serious because otherwise my argument has no point and is hypocritical.

Kek.
>>
>>1452146
>adding Le to your post in a sad attempt to spin your shit taste as mature and refined

ur a cutie
>>
>>1452095
Rollins is actually based as fuck.

Owens has a pretty fun fat heel bully gimmick.

AJ Styles is great in the ring and cuts decent southern twanged promos.

Cena and Orton are getting past it but only Orton has noticeably declined.

Enzo and Cass are the only thing in the tag team department worth mentioning.
Honestly, right now all the good gimmicks and wrestlers are tied up in NXT probably until the brand split.
>>
>>1452128
NXT has nothing to do with Matt Hardy.
>>
>>1452175
But in the Taker/Kane storyline they didnt pretend to be retarded.

Listen to this autismo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e50iYwAOu1M

Its like saying people in GoT act retarded because dragons and shit dosn't exist.

Now compare that promo to Matt acting like a fucking sperg and "destroying" a fucking GARDEN
>>
>>1452172
>Implying they don't have the charisma to pull it off.
>Implying it's not entertaining given they don't fear burying themselves to do something different and exciting over the same shit the WWE keeps dredging out every year in the exact same way.

I'd recommend watching it first before talking about how shit it is because the WWE shill inside of you tells you it is because it wasn't force fed to you by VKM.
>>
Sorry guys. I'm a giant faggot and forgot to take my autism meds this morning. My mom just threw them down to me with my tendies and juice box. I have to go for a bit because Barney is on. I love his fucking character.
>>
>>1452178
I did like the Owens guy on the game, he had a pretty sweet move set and seemed like he could be interesting if he's halfway charismatic. I like that he's a heel.

I've never seen Cena or Orton wrestle. I think I quit watching right before they started. I'll give it a shot.
>>1452182
>WWE shill
I preferred WCW in the late 90s. TNA just doesn't seem anything like WCW. If anything, it reminds me more of the old school Rocky Mountain Wrestling. Maybe I'll get into later once I'm back into the WWE, but I feel like trying to get into a more low production/low budget wrestling federation right now is a pretty terrible ideas.
>>1452188
Have I really made you that upset? You probably never even saw the legendary Z Man wrestle, you faggot.
>>
>>1452181
>Still thinks one retarded thing is more retarded than the other based on his arbitrary metric of who's taking what seriously.

Your argument is about as good as if I decided that Kane or Undertaker were worse because obviously they take it seriously because they work their angles outside of the ring, like that fake ass confrontation Taker had with Bork at a UFC event.
>>
>>1452191
I used to watch him and Martel as the Can-Am connection, mark. Even before that when he was in Gagne's promotion. Try again.
>>
>>1452191
He's like a less charismatic Jericho.

A lot of their material has the same snarky sarcastic ring to it. The Canadian accent helps too.
>>
>>1452196
>Still thinks one retarded thing is more retarded than the other based on his arbitrary metric of who's taking what seriously.

Its based on one thing being fiction but still taken seriously by the "actors" on the scene while the in the other one the actors (Matt/Jeff) act like complete fucking retards and they know it.

Fucking TNA marks
>>
File: 137739670791.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
137739670791.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>1452191
>Tom Zenk
>legendary
>>
>>1452198
Great job, gramps. Go impersonate a guy who is namefagging only because he's the OP again, you seem like a really cool dude.
>>1452202
I always liked Jericho. I can't believe he's still around.
>>1452204
That would be the fucking joke.
>>
>>1452191
You kind of missed out on the two biggest stars of the 2010's so far, Punk and Bryan.

It is kind of a charisma vacuum right now and they are desperately trying to get someone as over as they were.

Funny how they run Punk off and force Bryan to work stupid unsafe angles until he is permanently injured and a short time later, the ratings are at an all time low.

None of the Shield guys got the proper rub from the stars and it shows. A true Ambrose/Punk or Rollins/Bryan could've been career defining.

Instead they all just fight each other all the time and Lesnar or Cena once every 3 months.
>>
>>1452128
Matt has nothing to do with WCW, and, as I said, only watch the specials.
The week-to-week show sucks usually.
>>
>>1452203
>They're better because they're just "acting."
>Meanwhile the others are totally serious because I said.

Just when I thought WWE defense squads had hit their lowest, now we're acting like Glenn fucking Jacobs and mark Calaway are top thespians?

I like wrestling period, I just know how to take a promotion's dick out of my mouth, nobody got you that memo apparently.

They take it less seriously, you have five seconds to find me broken Matt taking his shit outside a WWE event like Taker, go.
>>
>>1452220
Seriously guys, this TNA vs WWE shit is Xbox vs Playstation, DC vs Marvel tier. Cringy as fuck. I said I wasn't interested in TNA at the moment. That's it. Who gives a shit, shut the fuck up.
>>1452215
The Daniel Bryan guy seemed pretty cool. What'd they do to him, make him work hardcore shit?
>>
>>1452220
>They take it less seriously, you have five seconds to find me broken Matt taking his shit outside a WWE event like Taker, go.
What are you even talking about
>>
>>1452215
>and force Bryan to work stupid unsafe angles until he is permanently injured

Ebin.

Jeff does worse shit every week for 15+ years and is completly fine.

Bryan was just a little bitch.

but a likable little bitch
>>
>>1452203
>Broken Matt isn't fiction.
I'm.. what? Do you think they're actually doing this seriously? There's literally no difference except the one you're making.
>>
>>1452223
>What'd they do to him, make him work hardcore shit?

Not really. Kinda the contrary, they did everything they could to simmer him. But every time he was on TV he lit it up and was the most consistently exciting fucker in-ring in years.
He did get lots of neat scenarios to work during his heavier pushes, like gauntlet matches, no DQs, but they didn't rally behind him quite so vehemently.
>>
>>1452231
Not that guy but its fiction. The problem is its shitty fiction.

Its like those retarded movies about birds that look like shit.

Its fun but you know its bad
>>
>>1452223
>cringey as fuck
>tries to get himself over by using a late eighties mid carder name

I have some bad news, nigger. You just a jabroni mark that's getting worked harder than a little kid watching a Bayley match
>>
File: 1467324169637.jpg (166 KB, 969x1024) Image search: [Google]
1467324169637.jpg
166 KB, 969x1024
>>1452232
That's a shame. Thanks for the information, though. One of the few helpful people in this thread.
>>1452238
I used this name because my friend and I always used to make fun of the Z Man when we were kids. Also.
>trying to get yourself over
>jabroni mark
>getting worked
When you use lingo like this outside of its context, you sound like a complete faggot. Pic related.
>>
>>1452236
It's dumb and bad, but that's the point. It's all dumb fun, like does anybody really look at the Taker and go, "that right there was primo story telling." No, we kek every time a casket with him in it gets lit or he shoots his stupid fireworks lightning, groan when he starts doing shit like possessing interviewers and we watch his gimmick matches with the knowledge that nobody is getting buried alive or burned and that it's all just totally unrealistic, but that's what makes it fun.

That's why people like broken Matt, it's a return to form to the dumb, harmless and retarded fun of the good old days that the WWE left behind because instead they could do another cuck angle or have another dancing, happy negro on stage. Muh realism is the worst thing to happen to wrestling.
>>
>>1452245
Spare me all of your garbage, son. When the first response to some is "fuck you" and you keep cursing and using slurs like and autistic idiot, you sound like a ten-year old that no one is going to take seriously, even on a Lithuanian crocheting website like this one. Try edgy elsewhere, we're all full here.
>>
>>1452245
>Implying you aren't getting worked like a jabroni mark
>>
>>1452247
>cursing and using slurs
Do you know where you are? Why don't you roleplay at me some more, you embarrassing faggot?
:^)
>>1452249
The Z Man has to build drama before he comes out on top.
>>
>>1452095
> namefag
> stink fag
Fuck off
We dont want you here
>>
>>1452252
if you want a decent show to watch look up Takeover:Dallas. it's an NXT show, yes, but for the most part its pretty good. There were a couple matches there that made me forget wrestling is fake and become mark again.

On a side note, consider watching the royal rumble. it wasn't the best in the world, but it was fun
>>
File: 1464401337441.jpg (240 KB, 853x1280) Image search: [Google]
1464401337441.jpg
240 KB, 853x1280
>>1452264
listen here you dumb nigger. he made himself named so fuckoff idiots, like yourself, are able to easily check who is OP. You should fucking thank him, you storerobbing niggerfag
>>
File: 1467698905806.jpg (54 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1467698905806.jpg
54 KB, 500x700
>>1452264
>giving an OP shit for namefagging
That's literally the purpose of it, you massive homosexual. You're welcome to call me cancer if I namefag or tripfag outside of this thread. Protip: i wont
>>
>>1452285
> Z Man
> dat image
> Stink fag
Cancer confirmed

>>1452281
>>1452285
> samefagger too
>>
>>1452292
It's okay that you probably weren't alive when Sting was good. I'll let you live this time.
>accusing me of samefagging because it's not possible that more than one person in the entire world could think you're a retarded faggot
rough life, lad
>>
>>1452292
read a book nigger
>>
>>1452095
You are coming back in at the wrong time. Because Roman is being pushed like the new Stone Cold. While Seth is being pushed like the Rock. Guys like Cena, Styles and Rusev are all good workers who are entertaining. But other then a few guys, the company is full of vanilla midgets.
>>
>>1452296
>I'll let you live this time.
What are you going to do? Meme him to death?
>>
>>1452296
>>1452300
> so autistic he shooped a screenshot
To be expected from a stink mark

> le facepaint and run around really fast to mask how shit i am man
The only time Steve Boredom was good was when he didnt speak for a year
>>
>>1452333
18+
>>
File: 1446433129316.jpg (41 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1446433129316.jpg
41 KB, 566x480
>>1452333
>>
>>1452274
What is this move called?
>>
>>1452095
U in the 336? I like Rollins, Rusev, Ryback, Jericho of course. Miz is pretty awesome, KO is a cool based fatass, Ambrose has potential.

Roman Reigns and Stephanie McMahon make me want to kill myself when I see them onscreen.

Some of the Divas are good looking.
>>
>>1452356
rough ryder
>>
>>1452157

>hat posting because they enjoy the show, not muh technical wrestling

you got the meme backwards you abominable cornholer. seek sunlight immediately and invest in some fucking proactive.
>>
>>1452095
I'm in the exact same situation as you. Just started watching a few weeks ago after like 15 years. It's really been tough, there is just very little that is even interesting.
Hoping things become more interesting after the draft in a couple weeks. That and I'd suggest getting WWE Network and reliving the old glory days of Raw and Nitro, they have everything back to like the 80s on there.
>>
>>1452534
>That and I'd suggest getting WWE Network and reliving the old glory days of Raw and Nitro, they have everything back to like the 80s on there.

It's only 9.99 per month, and did I mention that the PPV's are included? Don't get left out! Visit the website or download the app today!!!
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.