[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are their matches so much better than main roster tag team
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: Revival Alpha.jpg (298 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Revival Alpha.jpg
298 KB, 1920x1080
Why are their matches so much better than main roster tag team matches?

Probably over an hour of wrestling each other since Takeover Dallas and still feels fresh and exciting.

Some teams get boring after their 3-4 signature spots.
>>
File: 1463972106383.png (230 KB, 380x331) Image search: [Google]
1463972106383.png
230 KB, 380x331
Most of the tag teams on the main roster are literal shit right now.

>never get to see Cesaro+Kidd vs. American Alpha
>>
File: oEml4.gif (2 MB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
oEml4.gif
2 MB, 300x170
Who /oogabooga/ here?
>>
>>1451147
I feel like a fag for saying this but I thoroughly enjoy both revival and alpha. I think they are what wrestling needs to be.
>>
>>1451158
>gets thrown over or pushed off the top rope >sell an injury
errytime
>>
Main roster matches are booked to be as formulaic as possible.

Which is a fucking travesty since Arn Anderson is a main roster agent.
>>
>>1451178
You hope someone dies of AIDS because they are a jobber?
What a delightful human being.
>>
>>1451292
Maybe Reddit is more your speed
>>
>>1451295
Maybe sucking your fathers cock is more your speed.
>>
>>1451147

Better agents, more time to prepare this shit (as opposed to the main roster where you have to slap together a half dozen matches every fucking week because Vince is a dipshit), and a booking team that even remotely cares about the tag division.
>>
>>1451160

Revival isn't anything particularly special, but they do seem to have the little shit understood. Like how not to generate a fucking pop when you're supposed to be the heels.

Even if sometime they take that a bit too far and inexplicably pass up the chance to hit a big move in order to work the crowd (like the reverse of the babyface doing something stupid in order to get a pop).
>>
>>1451298
>a nerve has been struck
>>
>>1451238
then arn should help revival have a good match on main roster. dawson is pretty much a manlet version of arn. love his fake out ddt
>>
>>1451314
i wonder if the draft split would lighten their schedule, though i think it'll be the contrary.
>>
>>1451147
They ate actually given time to put on a decent match. Most main roster tag matches are filler, and are no longer then 4 -6 minutes tops.
>>
>>1451377
It literally doesn't matter who the agents happen to be, the matches aren't considered important on the main roster.

>love his fake out ddt

That's actually a classic Double-A spot.
>>
>>1451147
so is no one going to point out that you can clearly see his tiny dick through his red tights in this picture?
>>
>>1451412
Nope. Maybe because you're the only faggot on here.

Also: research growers vs showers
>>
>>1451319

I enjoy their matches. The bald dude is great, he could be a good solo wrestler.

Reminds me of KA
>>
AA is the sexy pick for "best tag team in NXT/WWE," but I think the Revival might actually be the best. They have the little things down, and all of their big matches come across so well.
>>
>>1452941
Well, they're both part of the Anderson family...
>>
>>1451319
They're an old fashioned heel team which hasn't been around in the wwe for years. The Revival and AA are the only thing worth watching NXT for. Also the upcoming Tye push. He really is a great worker.
>>
>>1451147
Because they're booked differently and more intelligently.
NXT Matches generally are compared to their Main Roster counterparts. They do a much better job of spot-diversity, and not boiling it down to its brass-tacks.
>>
>>1451158

There was a time when the Usos were actually an exciting team to watch.
>>
>>1453826
You're forgetting RA+TO
>>
>>1453826
>only

On the roster with Joe, Nakamura, Aries, HIDEO, Ciampa & Gargano, Asuka, Billie, Peyton and TM61?
>>
>>1451148
Why live?
>>
>>1453925
>Hideo
Japanese CAW

>Ciampa & Gargano
Cancer, they are CAWs and when in the ring with Revival nobody can tell who's who.

>Peyton
Jobber-tier

>TM61
More bland tag teams.
>>
>>1453933
>all this shit taste

Just terrible lad.

Also, you might need to get your eyes checked.
>>
>>1453925
Are tm61 any good? I hate their name but if they are stand outs than I'm proud to be australian
>>
>>1453937
They're fucking great, they absolutely killed it during their Japanese tours and will be worthy successors to AA & The Revival.
>>
>>1453826
>the upcoming Tye push
BE STILL MY BEATING HEART
>>
>>1453958
Who could Dillinger even beat to move up the card?
>>
>>1453971
Joe at Brooklyn
lets go
>>
>>1453925
Regular nxt doesn't feature those guys a whole lot. Takeovers are always great to watch, but a normal nxt doesn't show Joe, or nakamura or anyone in a good match. Mostly squashes or just short little segments to build up takeover
>>
>>1453989
Nakamura is about to have a PPV-level match against Bálor
>>
>>1453989
>>1453993
And AA/Revival had a 2/3 Falls match that's probably going to be better than that, as well.
But, generally, it's a whole lot of nothing and build-up.
>>
>>1453993
Which is the first time in a long time nxt is giving away a match of that caliber on a normal night
>>
>>1454002
>literally had American Alpha vs. The Revival in 2/3 Falls this week
>>
>>1454004
Right. The teams I said were the only reason to watch nxt on a daily basis.
>>
>>1454006
So that would mean it's not the first time in a long time NXT has given away a match of that caliber.

Can you even tell the time?

>daily

Oh, apparently not.
>>
>>1454018
In his defense, these are two very rarefied occurrences that just happen to be taking place one week after the other.
Usually it's fairly missable; we're fortunate to get two matches of this quality in quick succession.
>>
>>1454018
Name the last memorable match on nxt please.
>>
>>1451326
No, you're just an embarrassing faggot.
>>
>>1454025
Most of the time the main event is pretty good though. Not Takeover tier but worth watching.
>>
>>1453826
>upcoming Tye push
kek. He's Breeze tier for life
>>
>>1454063
>SEETHING
>>
File: datt.jpg (12 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
datt.jpg
12 KB, 500x282
>>1453925
>all this talent will be wasted on the main roster
>>
>>1454072
I think he'll get a small push just because of how over he is, but yes ultimately he's a lifelong jobber.
>>
>>1454072
That means he'll do better in NXT than he is now and probably tag with R Truth when he hits the main roster.
>>
>>1454048
AA vs. Revival

That was hard.

>>1454072
Breeze was #1 Contender and main evented a Takeover at one stage.
>>
>>1455156
and got to wrestle jushin liger in a wwe ring
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.