[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously… WHAT THE FUCK WENT WRONG?!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 12
Seriously… WHAT THE FUCK WENT WRONG?!
>>
>>1444908
Smarks overrated them, like they always do
>>
Ryback not being the leader
>>
No Ryback
>>
>>1444908
Pushed too fast
Shitty character development
Basically: Vince happened
>>
>>1444908
Dean not getting the WWE championship sooner
>>
>>1444921
No he was pushed at a good rate
they just fucked up his character in the process
>>
>>1444914
When The Shield broke there was still Ryback

You mean CM Punk? The Shield were basically CM Punk's protectors.
>>
No gimmicks
>Roman was the silent big guy who they then tried to make face of the company
>Deannety 'le crazy man' has been overdone
>Seth is a standard chickenshit heel
>>
>Make Seth turn on the group but make him a cowardly heel and ruin what made him great
>Push Roman as the face of the company when he's nowhere near ready
>Fuck Dean over with nonsense booking and the lunatic fringe character over his cool Shield persona
>>
>>1444908
no charisma indiefags that will never draw a dime.

SETH = RECORD LOW RATINGS
ROMAN = DOUBLE RECORD LOW RATINGS
DEAN= TRIPLE RECORD LOW RATING
>>
>>1444908
Roman should've have been the traitor
>>
>>1445347
this.
Roman isn't a babyface.
Also overweight smarks sabotaging the product because their indie manlets aren't champions
>>
>>1445347
>>1445353
Roman as the one that turned would have been great. Have Seth be the the one hellbent on vengence and stopping at nothing to get his revenge, and if they really want Dean to be the unhinged "wacky" one, have him spiral out of control over the betrayal he feels.

Instead we get
>bbygurl
>chickenshit heel
>le lunatic cringe meme ambrose

Either the writers for this show are pants on head retarded or they're so neutered by Vince they literally are unable to put forward anything that might be any good.
>>
No Kassius Ohno
>>
>>1445369
>the writers for this show are pants on head retarded

That's my guess.
>>
File: steiner-scott-image.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
steiner-scott-image.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>1445370
>>
>>1445372
Everything happens the way it happens because that is how Vince wants it to happen.
If you are not aware of the level of micro management Vince engages in, you need to educate yourself. Everything good and bad that happens is down to him and him alone really.
the writers are only there to throw ideas at him and give him someone to yell at.
>>
Honestly, the only one I see as potential face-of-the-company is Dean if he were better in-ring and had a non-comedic character.
He has much better talking/more charisma than the other two, which is the most important trait in the promo/character-heavy WWE.
But as it stands, even as Champ, he's the butt of a joke and treated with more humour than anything else.
Rollins should be an uppercard work-horse babyface, like a Ziggler++, that eventually gets over through hard work and has some gratifying title runs.
Roman's Heel, through-and-through.
They've just horribly butchered any character they could've ever had.
>>
>>1445398
Dean was purposely turned into a joke by Vince so people wouldn't like him more than Reigns.
The damage is done now, Dean is solidified in people's minds as le wacky jokey man. He can never be taken as seriously as Roman because Roman has been protected from all that.
Clear cut sabotage, plain as day.
>>
>>1444908
>all three now world champs
>multiple mania appearances
>two of them won belts at mania
>main eventers multiple PPV's
>now considered veterans
Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
>>
I just don't understand why they were pushed so hard. They're good as a group, yeah, but they spent YEARS trying to put these guys over individually when they're just so boring.
>>
>>1444921
This. Had Dean gotten the big push sooner, everything would've fallen to shit much earlier and we would be free of the Shieldetties without suffering through the last three years.
>>
>>1445324
>Reigns
>indie

>>1445353
>Also overweight smarks sabotaging the product because their indie manlets aren't champions

What the fuck are you babbling about?

>>1445626
All 3 of them could be far bigger stars than they are now.

But of course, the entire company should've been bigger than it has been for the past 15 years.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 640x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 640x429
>>1445406
Couldn't said it better myself! That's exactly what happened
>>
>>1444908
>Seth
Weak booking
Overexposure on the mic every week
Boring feuds

>Dean
Weak booking
Shit commentary
Not very good in the ring

>Roman
Shit booking
Overpushed
Crap on the mic
>>
>>1445370

This. The Shield was doomed from the start when they drafted a literal failed football player who never even considered wrestling as a career until the NFL told him to kick rocks.

If Chris Hero had been in Roman's place, The Shield would have gone down in history as the most legendary stable in the WWE, and the company wouldn't be hemorrhaging ratings like it is now.

Haitch shot himself in the fucking balls with that call.
>>
>>1445637
It is as big as it can possibly be. A company has "made it" when they go public and can finally appear on the stock market, which no other promotion has ever done. This guarantees money without having to sell the product as long as the backers have faith in you. But that also means that the company now has to adhere to the people who owns them. If they had continued without going public, yeah, the product might be better in terms of talent, but it wouldn't be as widely known in the public eye. Going public helped them break into the mainstream market, which was a double edged sword. The 80's and early 90's were the best time for wrestling because most people were still marks. Then it got a bad rep and people stopped watching it. Now it's starting to become mainstream again, and I can tell you it ain't because of indie talents.
>>
>>1445651
>Haitch
It was Hero's decision, ultimately. He could have been on the Shield or he could continue being fat. It was his choice and he doesn't seem to regret it.
>>
Reigns singlehandedly drew every single ticket and PPV buy in the biggest Wrestlemania of all time. FACT.
>>
File: KoW.jpg (227 KB, 1100x733) Image search: [Google]
KoW.jpg
227 KB, 1100x733
>>1445659
>fat

This is a picture of Hero prior to The Shield forming.
>>
The threat three shield especially for the title of world prolly match away match WrestleMania dream of all dreams as this period of stress. Why waste in Battleground and why so soon? Why build a Dean versus Roman rivalry first can be a risk three real than they spend a lot of time jumping Rollins?

Why Rollins versus Dean and the suspension of Rome's why he came? Go on then Dean defended the title versus Brock at SummerSlam after getting squashed by him ready.
>>
>>1445676
>>1445659
I don't think it was the pure fatness, it was the disobedience in not shedding superficial pounds despite being told to.
You don't want a guy on your main roster if he can't do as he's told when he's fucking around in your grass-roots fed.
>>
>>1445676
Yeah, that's pretty fat. I see people in my daily life that are in better shape.
>>
>>1445676
Hey man, he was asked to drop pounds by the higher ups and didn't want to, I think he looks fine there and only now that he looks unhealthy, but I'm not running a body image obsessed company.
>>
>>1445654
>blah-blah-blah wwe press releases

Sit down, mark. Speaking of which: if you think kayfabe was even alive to any significant level during the 80s boom you're too young to be posting here.

>as big as it can possibly be

RECORD

>>1445664
The saddest part of Romarks is that it's legitimately difficult to tell them apart from parody.
>>
>>1445644
>blaming a performer for shitty commentary
mate i don't even like Dean but that is straight up factually wrong.
Commentary sucks because Vince McMahon is braking down the ears of the commentators in their headsets telling them what to say.
You cannot hold any wrestler accountable for the shit quality commentary when they have literally nothing to do with it.
>>
>>1445680
>>1445682
He lost even more weight during his time in NXT.

>>1445681
Nobody cares about the basketballers fucking your mom lad.
>>
>>1445683
I was there when the entire arena cried because Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth got back together. Kayfabe was super prevalent in the 80's. So fuck off.
>>
>>1445659
>It was Hero's decision, ultimately.
No it wasn't, Hero was immediately rejected for The Shield and they were told Reigns was going to be in the group with them. That was a Vince/HHH call. Nothing else. Hero was never ever going to be in The Shield, it was just a suggestion Punk made.
>>
>>1445687
It's okay to have fat people you look up to, anon, but you still have to be objective and call it like it is: he was fat. End of story.
>>
>>1444908
Everything was done ass-backwards of the way it should have. They took the worst of the bunch and tried to make him the next Ace of the company.
>>
>>1445694
>being this obtuse

Yawn-o-rama.
>>
How to fix each Shield in three simple steps

Roman:
>comes back talking about how the company has been holding him down
>stops wearing the vest and frequently brags about his body
>eats the pin and drops further into a disillusioned state, blaming the crowds, saying he's never been handed anything, attacking them personally and calling them fat virgins, feuds in the midcard with well-liked babyfaces on Smackdown

Seth:
>comes out at BG wearing white, turns officially the following night, goes all-out in the match and wins the title
>becomes a workhorse champ who wrestles 15+ minutes a week
>less talking

Dean:
>turns psycho-Heel at BG because he let the prize slip through his grasp
>chases Seth and becomes his insane antagonist
>gains some fucking mass
>>
>>1445685
>blaming a performer for shitty commentary
I didn't. Chillax, breh.
>>
>>1445703
I see this "ur fat" thing going around but I'm not going to do that. Instead I'll say "he's fat."
>>
>>1445689
Sure you were.

>Woody fucking Woodpecker was doing "You Know It's Fake, Right?" jokes a decade before the current WWE Title existed
>>
File: ko.png (202 KB, 617x305) Image search: [Google]
ko.png
202 KB, 617x305
>>1445710
omg so fat
>>
I actually think that if Hero was at his current weight in NXT, they would have worked it into a gimmick/his style were they interested in him, or just made him wear a shirt, a'la KO.
But towards the end, he was at that point of "not big enough to be scary fat guy, just an unaesthetic jiggly dude in tights".
If he were his size now, tho, they'd have gone hearty lumberjack mode.
>tfw no jolly santa chris hero wwe champ
>>
>>1445717
Posting small or pixelated pictures to hide the fact that a person is fat is a common technique. I salute you.
>>
File: KO.jpg (191 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
KO.jpg
191 KB, 1284x722
>>1445750
Is this confirmation bias or straight-up denial? Can't tell.

>finding pictures of obscure matches from 3 years ago is easy
>>
>>1445764
Jesus, you're killing me here. Quit posting picture of fat people.
>>
>>1445764
This looks like a tiff between brothers.
>>
Love seeing all the self-hating fatties pour their venom out on Hero because they refuse to just be honest with themselves.
>>
>>1445772
Don't be mean to HarpGOAT.

>>1445780
It was a good feud.
>>
File: shame.jpg (103 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
shame.jpg
103 KB, 1310x873
>>1445676
HA!! hero's got what he deserve
>>
>>1444908
One of the 3 has been in every PPV Main Event for over a year. So nothing.
>>
They decided to push the greenest guy in the group, with the worst wrestling skills and the most non-existent promo skills while Seth was booked as a chickenshit and Dean was booked a retard.

Then they put the belt on Seth but they still booked him like an annoying chickenshit heel. Dean was still mostly retarded.

Then they finally put the belt on Roman but manage to book him so poorly that he couldn't even be cheered against Sheamus.

Now it's Dean's turn as champ and he's getting the best response of the three but they're booking him as a retard and using him mainly to defend the off-TV-because-wellness-violation Roman against Seth who tears him a new one for failing that drug test AND THE AUDIENCE AGREES WITH SETH WHICH MAKES A, DEAN LOOK LIKE A GEEK AND B, IT DOESN'T GET ROMAN OVER AT ALL.

Basically ADSUFGSJKDJSGJSGDYSJDGSGJHGSHGFJSGJHSGJEYGDHHHS GODDAMMIT WWE

Watch TNA instead. If there's a God out there, Based Matt Hardy will save TNA and make all wrestling fun again.
>>
>>1445847
tbf Reigns being uncheerable isn't solely the fault of WWE.

He just kinda sucks overall.
>>
File: 1465940766170.jpg (9 KB, 209x200) Image search: [Google]
1465940766170.jpg
9 KB, 209x200
I'm not into WWE, I'm just an mma guy
But can someone explain to me why the fuck they wear chest rigs?
Like, they don't use guns and it's not body armor so what's the point
Do they thing those Walmart airsoft vests make them look cool?
>>
File: dean-ambrose-shield.jpg (176 KB, 1400x2100) Image search: [Google]
dean-ambrose-shield.jpg
176 KB, 1400x2100
>>1445930
The Shield gimmick was that they were a "para-military" wrestling group so they wore the outfits to look the part.
>>
>>1445930
>>1445942
Also all three originally wore bulkier outfits. They eventually changed it to a little less bulky.
>>
>>1445930
The lead guy they picked to be the next star of the company (the one on the far right) is Samoan, thus genetically prone to flabby gut and no abs. The vest is a gimmick to protect him and move some merch.
Also the same reason he got busted doing drugs/PEDs of some kind and is currently suspended.
>>
>>1445872
At this point he definitely deserves some blame in their inability to get him over. He definitely could work on his promo skills and practice actually delivering the lines correctly, especially since they're hell-bent on giving him a catchphrase. The "guy" promo is, what, the fourth so far he's bungled with his poor delivery?
>>
>>1445967
Okay, I keep hearing this, but what exactly is wrong with his promos? He doesn't stumble on words or forgets things and what he says make sense. How does he keep "messing up" his promos? Is it just because you guys don't like him. Because his promos seem fine to me. Messing up promos would be like Sid or Steiner.
>>
>>1445975
It boils down to him being a shitty actor. It's obvious from his delivery that he doesn't believe a word of the shit he's saying. Which is fair enough, because they're god awful promos. But he still has to try. Everyone gets the awful promos. Some even manage to make them into decent or fantastic promos (Owens, Cena, Jericho).

And he's no Sid (good lord!) but he is a very insecure talker when he has to deliver scripted lines. He's gotten better but it's also because it's been a while since he had to deliver a promo alone in the ring with an audience booing him. Like everyone else he's much more relaxed and confident when he can go off script.
>>
File: roman-guy-promo.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
roman-guy-promo.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>1445975
>>1445993
>Awwww cooooome oooon...
>I'm not a baaaaad guuuuy...
>I'm not a good guy.
>I'm just, The guy!
>>
>>1445975
Comparing Roman to battle-tested speakers like Cena or even Dean (because of his indie days) is unfair, so, to draw a more fitting parallel, look at Rollins.
He's not a fantastic promo, and he's even boring pretty regularly. But he goes out there, gets across a character well enough, carries a segment and leaves.
Roman doesn't do that. He just says his words with zero personality and walks back to the back. Just not stumbling over yourself like a retard doesn't mean you're an acceptable promo, you have to enthrall and engage, and he doesn't.
>>
>>1445975
>Messing up promos would be like Sid or Steiner.

But they're both great promos.
>>
>>1445993
>>1446004
This is really just a matter of opinion though. He comes off as a stoic guy.
>>
>>1446045
Baron Corbin at his most "scared baby" is better at coming off as stoic than Reigns is.
>>
>>1446045
You have a strange definition of stoic.
>>
It's time to admit breaking them up was a mistake. They all suck in their own special way individually.
>>
>>1446130
Seth & Dean are fine, but Roman is as suited to a singles push as Mr. Ass.
>>
>>1446004
>Comparing Roman to battle-tested speakers like Cena or even Dean (because of his indie days) is unfair, so, to draw a more fitting parallel, look at Rollins.
Sure it is. You can compare them because he's in the title picture. Thus, he should be compared to other title picture/main event guys. I'll grant you that Cena comparisons are unfair because the dude is basically on a completely different level from the rest of the company, but compare him to Seth, Dean, hell, even AJ and he looks like a complete joke. You can say "well they have more experience", but then the obvious conclusion would be that Roman should've gotten some more damn experience before being put in the title picture.
>>
>>1446130
No, Roman sucks in his own myriad of ways. Seth and Dean are fine, they're just booked like crap. That they're still as over as they are despite it is impressive.
>>
>>1445281
This.
>>
>>1446130
This.

Jasethy and ramen is a shit talker while dean's arsenal is wacky and retarded.
>>
File: keknald trump.jpg (20 KB, 262x312) Image search: [Google]
keknald trump.jpg
20 KB, 262x312
>>1445998
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHA
>>
>>1445998
This was a great promo the first time and he got a huge pop for it. State of smarks.
>>
>>1445930
They were like a paramilitary group, their gimmick was "The Hounds Of Justice" they acted like the police or some law enforcement group who were against injustice. They acted like police and paramilitary organization.

How the fuck you expect them to have guns? It's a wrestling show, senpai they certainly didn't need to kill someone with a gun.
>>
>>1448699
>FedoRamen still this delusional

It's over, you lost.
>>
>>1448721
I don't even get why so much hate towards Roman. I know Vince is trying to turn him into the next Cena, but come on! Give the guy a break, he doesn't make the rules, he just goes out there and do whatever the boss tells him to do in order to get a paycheck to support his family.

Fucking smarks don't understand this, they're not able to hold a job for more than a week, fucking losers!
>>
>>1448715
wait… what the fuck
>>
>>1448721
The only thing that was lost was 500k viewers who didn't want to watch Raw without Roman. Get some fucking ears. Dave Meltzer confirmed it, Bryan alvarez confirmed it, people in the crowd confirmed it, I confirmed it, Roman got a huge pop when he said 'I'm the guy'.
>>
>>1445676
Didn't he produce so much natural testosterone that the company thought he was on steroids?

He could've easily achieve the type of body Vince loves and been on the main roster.
>>
>>1448734
ebin false-flag

>>1448750
>Dave Meltzer confirmed it, Bryan alvarez confirmed it, people in the crowd confirmed it, I confirmed it,

kekarino

https://vine.co/v/iIAtJPTbzJO

>this is what FedoRamen thinks is "a huge pop"
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.