[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone pinpoint the Why and When wrestling crowds turned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 16
File: wwe-crowd.jpg (231 KB, 600x391) Image search: [Google]
wwe-crowd.jpg
231 KB, 600x391
Can anyone pinpoint the Why and When wrestling crowds turned into to entitled fucks that think they can highjack shows or try and impose theyre social commentary on the product. Why cant I just get natural crowds reactions cheers and jeers. PLEASE STOP SINGING NAKAMURA THEME. KMS
>>
Cancer man punk
>>
one night stand
>>
What a sad little man
>>
>>1439650
Evsr fucking since Vince started fucking praising fucking post-Wrestlemania fucking crowds for being "le so awesome and quirky! XD" every fucking crowd tries to get themselves over.
>See Full Meme
>>
>what
>>
>>1439650

what chants
>>
>>1439665
When did that post mania thing start happening? I skipped a bunch of pg wwe years until wm28
>>
"What" chants ignited the crowd retardation.
>>
>>1439668

It really kicked off after WM28 when Bryan got killed by Sheamus in eighteen seconds. The crowd was furious and chanted for Bryan all through Mania, then that carried over into them hijacking Raw the next night. It might have happened before that, but that's the first one I really remember being ugly.
>>
>>1439672
Yeah that was weird. I remember that but I also remember sheamus getting a huge pop
>>
True I was better at neckbeards Full Sail short spans.
Also they can boo or whatever the hell they want as long as they do not create wrestlers like some old school ECW and ROH fans do not have a problem.
Do you want their trash clean system WCW?

I remember touching Jericho and he was basically on some of the "Respect every player to compete in the ring and also respect the Terminator was cuz"
>>
WWE brought it upon themselves around 4-5 years ago.
>>
ECW One Night Stand, when it showed the mainstream crowd what ECW crowds were like when they were hype.
>>
>>1439650
This is why I can't watch NXmeme. The crowd just won't shut the fuck up.
>>
>>1439650
>Why cant I just get natural crowds reactions cheers and jeers. PLEASE STOP SINGING NAKAMURA THEME. KMS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLganuzz3NM
>>
>>1439909
If you think the NXT crowd is obnoxious, do yourself a favor and never watch a British indie promotion. PROGRESS and ICW fans never shut the fuck up. Literal shitchanting the entire match.
>>
>>1439650
When the kids grew up into manchildren
>>
File: 220px-ECWonenightstand2005[1].jpg (15 KB, 220x288) Image search: [Google]
220px-ECWonenightstand2005[1].jpg
15 KB, 220x288
>>1439650
You know what?

I can pinpoint it. It was June 12th, 2005. The first ECW One Night Stand.

That's when all this shit started in the mainstream. Original ECW fans were doing it years before, but after this show people across the country started with this horse shit.
>>
There's nothing wrong with fans voicing their opinion.

After all they give the company a lot of money. So they should be at least considered in somewhat amounts.
>>
>>1439953
If you seriously can't tell the difference then I hope you fucking get stabbed in your sleep
>>
>>1439650
When NXMeme and full sail became popular.
>>
>it's a "/wwe/ shitters complain about crowds they don't like actually doing something" thread
>>
>>1439955
How is singing a guy's theme during his match hijacking the show?
>>
>>1439974
It's very distracting to the wrestlers and the television audience.

I didn't pay money to watch the audience hog the spotlight. I paid so I could see some mediocre wrestling.
>>
>>1439984
It's good when the wrestler actually acknowledges it and all.

Besides nothing is stopping you from just muting it if it's bothering you so much, you know. I really dislike Full Sail for many many things but their activity is a good thing.
>>
>>1439984
>It's very distracting to the wrestlers
Gonna need a source
>the television audience.
Literally just your autism
>>
>>1439984
>crowds should only chant WWE Universe approved slogans
>>
File: flair.jpg (24 KB, 400x448) Image search: [Google]
flair.jpg
24 KB, 400x448
>>1439650
>I literally never leave the house
>>
>>1439650
I think it has to do with the age we're in. Everyone in the crowd has a twitter account or some shit blog. They feel so entitled that they actually think they're individually important to the product. I cant blame the ECW fans from back in the day. They were a rabid fan base that enjoyed their product and understood why they were at the show. Nowadays with "this is awesome" and "we are awesome" etc. the kids/crowd feels like they have a duty to impose themselves on the show.
>>
>>1440694
>entitlement
This concept does not exist when there are paying customers.
>>
>ITT friendless neckbeards who don't like social situations or loud noises
>>
>>1440697
Why didnt crowds in the 80s and 90s and 00s act like this at all?
>>
>>1440705
>>1440705
>what?
i watched some WWE from 2011 recently, and the crowd was so quiet. it completely killed the product, and made it boring as fuck. i think the biggest problem with the 80s and 90s was that the mics couldnt pck up the crowd as well as they do today.
>>
He caused it. WHAT? made the audience think they could get over and affect the product.
>>
File: Charlotte.jpg (60 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Charlotte.jpg
60 KB, 512x512
>>1440712
but they do
>>
>>1439650
Finally an attempt at a legit conversation.
>>
>>1440702
Literally exactly this.
Every-time you see someone sperging out about crowds at wrestling shows it is a giant red flag that they have no friends and never leave the house and do not know how to function in a social setting like at a pro wrestling show or any other kind of sporting event.
Perhaps some fed could look into doing autist friendly shows with no loud noises or crowd interaction allowed to suit these social failures and their particular special needs they have when ti comes to leaving the house.
>>
Huge shut the fuck up chant breaks out
>>
>>1440705
They weren't jaded by WWE's constant refusal to give them what they want
>>
Full Sail was a mistake
>>
It all started in the impact zone, dweebs
>>
>>1439650
Next time just type, "Stop enjoying yourselves."
>>
>>1440820
This.

> WAAA'HHH STOP HAVING FUN!!! YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO SING ALONG TO NAKAMURA'S THEME WHEN HE COMES OUT, IT MAKES ME REEEEEE!!!

Now if you want to talk about annoying crowds, how about the fuckers that need to chant YOU FUCKED UP if a wrestler makes one small mistake. Or the YOU STILL GOT IT to a wrestler who comes back after a year and are only in their 40s.
>>
File: reddit.png (97 KB, 263x263) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
97 KB, 263x263
>>1441320
>"I sing Nakamuras theme throughout the duration of his match. Must get myself over at all costs."
>>
>>1441326
> I'm not just doing it because it's fun and I'm enjoying this match I'm "trying to get myself over"
Walk into traffic Carter.
>>
>>1441326
> Carter is one of the spergs who autists out when fans enjoy themselves
Shocker.
>>
File: Vince_McMahon.jpg (41 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
Vince_McMahon.jpg
41 KB, 678x678
>>1441332
>>1441337
>"I chant nonstop like a mental retard because it's fun! Doing it to try and get myself over as le ebic crowd xD?! How dare you accuse me of that shitlord!"
>>
>>1441358
> I post pictures of men wearing hats because I can't wrap my head around social constructs like fun
> Signing Nakamura's theme once in the middle of match is apparently doing it non-stop
> According to neckbeards I'm trying to get myself over, which they still don't explain what it means and is obviously used because they know it's a wrestling term
>>
>>1439650

>being mad at people in the crowd who pay money to go to the shows to cheer what they want while you post angrily on the internet.

hahaha
>>
>>1441358

Posters of 4chan please stop engaging in shitposting with carter as we have already scientifically, evidently and photographically proved he is a manlet virgin spic himself. All he can reply is gain height, or have sex or lick windows because he is all of the above. Please avoid engaging this shitposters in the future as we are trying to make /asp/ a better place. Thanks!
>>
>>1439650

Lot's of people pinpoint ECW: One Night Stand as the exact moment, but I'll simply say ECW in it's heyday was the exact moment was audience faggotry.
>>
>>1439650
Hi Vince!
>>
>>1439650
When the shitty foreign fans attend Mania and the Raw after Mania
>>
>>1440702
>>1440820

Ding ding we have a winner.

It's pure autism, simple as that. People on this board legitimately pitch a fit when people, who paid to see a wrestling show, chant along or have a bit of fun. Or even if they voice their opinion.

>STOP ENJOYING YOURSELVES
>WHY CANT YOU ACT HOW I THINK YOU SHOULD ACT
>JUST SIT ON YOUR HANDS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

All you're doing is showing how incapable you are of handling social situations of any kind. And it comes ad no real surprise that /asp/ is full of them.
>>
>>1439938
Who the fuck would watch British Indy shit you fucking retard?
>>
>>1439650
NXT+Fullsail
>>
>>1439974
I hope you fucking get stabbed in your sleep
>>
>>1441625
So what about people who pay money to see a show and have it ruined by these stupid fucking asshole chanting retarded shit all night? Check mate you atheist fuck. Kill yourself and bleach your blood line. Nigger
>>
>>1441750
>>
File: 1461921091409.jpg (35 KB, 750x476) Image search: [Google]
1461921091409.jpg
35 KB, 750x476
>>1441814
>>
>>1441915
Butthurt autist detected.
>>
>>1439652
this.

it all starting going down after phil.
>>
File: 5236232.jpg (19 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
5236232.jpg
19 KB, 460x276
>>1441625
>>
>Fans try to have fun
>"T-Their trying to to get themselves over!!"

Fans being retarded
>"T-Their just having fun!!"'
Why is /asp/ so bipolar?

Personally,I'm okay with chants as long as their funny or not annoying.
>>
>>1439650

I've also noticed fans these days are less inclined to bring with them flyers.
>>
>>1441320
You just made fun of people who think crowds are annoying and then said that crowds are annoying
>>
>>1443197
>Personally,I'm okay with chants as long as their funny or not annoying.
I'm sure everyone here agrees which is why we all hate Full sail
>>
>>1440729
and now we have a shitty women's revolution that kicked off because of Ric Flair's appearances.

Look how shit it's gotten without him.
>>
File: flyers.jpg (27 KB, 736x494) Image search: [Google]
flyers.jpg
27 KB, 736x494
>>1443246
>>
>>1441625
it ruins the focus of the match, it's like the crowd chanting GERMANY in a US vs Portugal soccer match
>>
>>1439650

>PLEASE STOP SINGING NAKAMURA THEME. KMS

STOP HAVING FUN GUYS I MEAN IT!!1!

When did the WWE just decide that the opinion of the people who actually buy their goddamn product is irrelevant and they'll like what Vince tells them to like?

My biggest problem isn't that these people hate the steaming pile that WWE puts on TV on a weekly basis and PPV on a monthly basis, and feel that they deserve better. My problem is that these cretins still fork over money and 3+ hours a week to sit through this shit.

If you like pro wrestling, watch something else, like LU or ROH.

If you like entertaining TV shows, watch something else. Netflix something I don't know I haven't really watched much non-wrestling TV since Scrubs.

But I guarantee you that you can find something better to do with your time and money than waste it on the WWE's shit.
>>
>>1443972
>Watching wrestling to see strangers have fun
You're the fat kid at a lonely corner in the party watching others have fun
>>
>>1444028
its like those queers that watch videos of other people playing video games
>>
>>1443246

The WWE is more inclined to stop you at the door if they notice a sign they don't approve of, and mug you mid show if you manage to sneak one through the gate and get it on TV.

To SOME extent, I understand. If I paid to see a show and some dipshit in front of my kept holding some dumbass sign up, there would be fisticuffs. But that's not what concerns the WWE. They're worried that someone will have an opinion they're not allowed to have, or that they'll pull some non-PG /b/shit. Which is a valid concern, considering that's about the only fun you could have at a fucking RAW taping.
>>
>>1444028

Okay champ, would you rather watch a soccer match were the crowd is DEAD the entire time or a match where the crowd is cheering and singing their dumbass songs and shit the entire time?

Only the pinnacle of autism would answer the former. Having the live crowd excited for the match makes EVERYTHING better. It makes normal people watching at home more excited, it makes the whole thing seem more important and therefore more engaging.

Even those god damn vuvuzelas are better than a dead crowd.
>>
>>1444199
>would you rather watch a soccer match were the crowd is DEAD
But anon, soccer matches are just as dead which gives the viewer a better chance to focus on what's going on, and I don't hear people complain.
You'll hear random outbursts but it's all good because it's in tune to what's happening in the match.
>>
>>1444199
>the vuvuzelas
Please don't. I still get bzzzz flashbacks on /sp/
>>
>shitting on One Night Stand
>or the awesomeness that ECW's rabid raving fans brought in general

I mean it's true with that's a good spot where it all came from. But from watching past shows and ppvs from them. It had more of a fresh pop and cooler sensation that full on minutes of THIS IS AWESOME, THIS IS WRESTLING, THANK YOU DOUCHEBAG
It's really the lack of creativity that's stifling it and pissing people off. Plus most of the main current chants are four beats and that makes it more stale.

I mark out more for a HOLY SHIT than a THIS IS AWESOME any day of the week
>>
>>1444604

>I mark out more for a HOLY SHIT than a THIS IS AWESOME any day of the week

You'll probably like LU. Fewer goofball chants than Full Sail, and a HOLY SHIT chant every now and again.
>>
>>1444199
Soccer isn't exciting, so the crowd has to entertain themselves.
>>
Especially the Raw before they unified the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight Championship. They crowd basically hijacked the show for Daniel Bryan.

Vince was sweating hard
>>
>>1444685
FOR U
>The most popular sport in the world isn't exciting
>>
>>1444779
>it's the FINALS
>0-0
>messi misses a PK

exciting maybe if you love to slurp semen
>>
ECW crowds were awesome. NXT crowds are nothing but nerdy memester /wooo/ faggots
>>
>>1444604
You're confusing chants and noise aimed at the match currently on with hijacking a match shouting BAYLEY when she's not even on raw

The ECW crowd made the match immersive because it made the wrestlers look good, I doubt the NXT chants make Lesnar look good
>>
I love the NXT product but being a lifelong wrestling fan I was disgusted at the chanting from the fans the first show I seen. Just a bunch of autist fucks that need to stfu. Now they are actually spilling into WWE arenas... its fucking cancer.
>>
>>1441379
They do it all the time now though. One big match crowd does it once and then Full Sail tries to replicate it in literally every match.

>See: All of the autistic Bayley chants
>>
>>1444788
>complaining about "hijackings"

Only bad segments get hijacked.
>>
>>1444783
Except the penalties continue until there is a determined outcome

i'll accept the majorities opinion over yours considering you don't even know the rules
>>
File: Angry-Frog-Meme-05.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Angry-Frog-Meme-05.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY ARE THEY MAKING NOISE AND EXICITED WHY IS THE CROWD OF PEOPLE DOING THINGS I DONT WANT THEM TO DO- internet smarks
>>
>>1444803
>an entire tournament decided by guys doing shooting practice

you know when hockey ends in OT, they dont just do shootouts in the playoffs, they keep playing the game.

fucking semen slurping 'sport'
>>
>>1444796
What about the viewers that wanted to see the Roman vs Lesnar match and don't class it as bad, whether you wanted to see Roman get rekt or are a fan of him.

The world doesn't revolve around fat smelly neckbeards, and there's plenty of good segments that get hijacked simply because they don't like a particular wrestler.
>>
>>1444784
This

>>1444813
You obviously never watched an NXT event at Full sail b4
>>
>>1444814
>they keep playing the game.
Depressing as fuck considering you've just watched them do the same thing all game.

There's more anticipation with penalties, a nice change in play, just listen to the crowd when there's a penalty
>>
>>1444816
Maybe you should quit crying about the mean ol' smarks and develop better taste.

Or buy a fucking ticket.
>>
>Social commentary
Literally what?
And I can't think of any crowd outside of Fullsail that actually would sing Nakamura's theme.
>>
>>1444822
>Depressing as fuck considering you've just watched them do the same thing all game.

So, wouldn't that be fine if your sport was exciting? Checkmate. Don't even respond to me.
>>
>>1444823
>can't deny what I said
>resort to QUIT CRYING
Scroll past the comment next time
>>
>>1444831
i've already explained why it's exciting.
if you can't handle a fair opinion then don't reply
>>
>>1444834
quote it. or did you actually mean to say its only exciting after 120 minutes? retard
>>
File: boohoo_by_svp_cule-d317n0i.jpg (20 KB, 457x350) Image search: [Google]
boohoo_by_svp_cule-d317n0i.jpg
20 KB, 457x350
>>1444832
What exactly am I supposed to "deny" there sport?

>what about the viewers that WANTED to see Reigns vs. Lesnar
>>
>>1444841
The majorities opinion outweighs the very small minorities. Do you think 100's of millions watch a dull sport when they could be watching, in your opinion, superior sports.
it's alot easier to judge with that vast amount of people with different opininons on sports but choose soccer.
>>
>>1444852
You can't deny good segments get hijacked.
>>
>>1444859
>muh majorities
>90% yuropoors

maybe because soccer is a poorfag sport where all you need is a fucking ball.

and quote it.
>>
>>1444876
Except basketball is extremely popular in Europe yet it isn't played by 90% of them, and over a billion people in the world like it so your Europe argument makes no sense.
>>1444779
>>
>>1444862
Well, no, because you haven't provided any examples of it happening.
>>
>>1439708
WHAT
>>
>>1444897
The post you previously replied to was the example, or can you only handle one reply at a time
>>
>>1444685

This is unlike the WWE how, exactly?
>>
>>1444803

>Appeal to Majority

This is the intelligence of the average grassflop fan.
>>
>>1444814

>you know when hockey ends in OT, they dont just do shootouts in the playoffs, they keep playing the game.

To be fair, EXCEEDINGLY few hockey games end 0-0 after regulation. If you kept playing a soccer match until someone scored, you'd probably have to start rescheduling matches after the quarterfinals entered Day 3 of a 0-0 tie
>>
>>1444859

>The majorities opinion outweighs the very small minorities.
>The majorities opinion

English isn't your first language, is it champ?

That's cool. But do you think if the overwhelming majority of people declared that two plus two equaled five, that it would actually become true?
>>
>>1444905
>Reigns vs. Lesnar
>good segment

Pick 1
>>
>>1441704
please do try talking like this in public the whole day cant wait for you to lose your job, gf and to get shot couple times
>>
>>1444816
>What about the viewers that wanted to see the Roman vs Lesnar match and don't class it as bad,
Why should we cater to people with shit taste that justify Vince's garbage
>>
>>1441814
>me in the bottom left
>>
>>1440702
>>1440820
>>1441320
>>1441625
I love how nobody has been able to respond to any 1 of these posts without seething rage and name calling and cursing and generally admitting defeat.
Way to prove all these guys right. Low functioning spergs btfo
>>
>>1440697
Check your privilege, Manboob.
>>
>>1445310
Literally makes no sense in this context.
>>
>>1441451
No, actual 90s ECW was npisy, but got it right. They didn't break out into "HO-LY SHIT!" Just because some guy hit a Frankensteiner, or chant "This is Awesome" during a rest hold.

Nowadays fans make noise because they see the heyday of ECW and that tight, personal community around that fed, and want to consciously recreate that for themselves. It's all just to be 'part of something epic', and is more contrived than the performance in the ring.
>>
>>1445318
*noisy
>>
>>1445315
Claiming there is 'no such thing as entitlement' is the starting point of every tumblr argument ever.
>>
>>1440712
Isn't that what pop is?
>>
>>1445323
In any instance where there are paying customers handing over money for a good/service, the concept of entitlement does not exist.
It's WWE narrative/damage control to make you like whatever dull shit they want you to like. Way to get worked mark.
>>
>>1439988
>>1439992
Full Fail, please leave.
Only a retard would defend those shitty chants.
>>
>>1445517
Cool strawman lad, it totally makes you qualified to shade the intellect of others.
>>
>>1445305
>-t. FedoRamen
>>
File: simpsons.jpg (41 KB, 760x571) Image search: [Google]
simpsons.jpg
41 KB, 760x571
>>1445564
>being this gotten to
>>
>>1445588
>mocking you for being an emotionally-incontinent twit

So gotten to.
>>
File: trollbait.jpg (51 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
trollbait.jpg
51 KB, 500x375
>>1445588
>parroting my own words back to me because you are so bereft or original thought
dance fishy dance
entertain me
>>
I like it when the nxt crowd sings his songs, it's like they are in a mild psychotropic induced state.
You just have to experience it for yourself in person, I cannot do it justice
>>
>>1445604
What is the deal with this gimmick?
Do you run your posts through bad translators?
>>
>>1441814
Good God, wrestling fans are fugly.
>>
Am I the only one who thought them singing Nakamura's theme during his entrance was cool?

Doing it during the match, while Aries was getting his offense, was dumb, though.
>>
>>1444714
>Henry pulling up Bryan's hand.
>Cena working Bryan into the promo
Based.
>>
Flair gets fired by Jim Herd boss of WCW. Leaves with NWA belt. PPV in Long Island,Nassau Coliseum. Main match Luger vs Barry Windham. Throughout the show:
WE WANT FLAIR!
WE WANT FLAIR!
WE WANT FLAIR!
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.