[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (256 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
256 KB, 1280x720
What went wrong?
>>
>>1437811
T H E G A Y C O M M U N I T Y
>>
Nothing
>>
The truly are Shieldettys. Every time Vince puts the belt on one of them they bring record low ratings.

That being said, I'd still like to see a face Jasethy and a heel Ramen. Deanetty can take a hike to the unemployment line.
>>
>>1437811
The shield? Nothing.

They were popular as fuck, had a incredible in ring dynamic and broke off perfectly at their peak leaving people for more.

I also like how each member was essentially the leader at some point. Ambrose when they were Heel, Sef when they were tweeners and Roman when they were full Faces

The biggest mistake they made regarding this faction was not killing the theme after they all split up and let Roman keep it.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder and now the shock of hearing SIERRA, HOTEL...etc is lost because Roman has already been using it the whole time
>>
>>1437816
>Nothing
Explain the record low ratings and house show figures then.
>>
>>1437811
WWE are terrible at building new top-tier stars and have made two of them look like jokes, and the other one reviled.
>>
>>1437825
Storlines suck now a days. No build up no meaning
Character development sucks. No back story. No psychology behind the talent. Fans don't even know why talent is there
Just match after match with no concrete back story
Not interesting
That's why record low ratings
No effort
You put in shit,you put out shit
>>
>>1437823
>not calling him ramenetty
Hi romark
>>
>>1437811
The faction itself? Nothing. The Shield was over as fuck. They were booked properly for the most part, could seamlessly go from a heel group to.a face group. Each of them brought their own unique thing to the table that complimented each other.

The problem came when they split. It was a blaring reminder that WWE has no idea how to make stars in the modern day.

All three of them were booked so horrifically bad its a wonder they're even still relevant.

>Dean was white hot after the split
>Becomes le wacky so random guy who lost constantly

>Seth wrestled and talked like a baby face but also could have been an Edge-tier bad guy
>Wins the title only to booked as a chickenshit heel who is the definition of a paper champion

>Roman was just the muscle with not much else that stood out
>Vince handpicks him to be FOTC because of his looks, immediately throws him into the ME scene and proceeds to force feed him to fans with unholy fervor
>>
Breaking them up.
>>
>>1437903
It's like WWE split them up and in the process forgot how to fucking book.

Imagine a WWE where Ambrose is the top heel, Rollins is the top babyface, and Roman rules the upper mid-card as a tweener.
>>
>>1437850
No, I'm actually a Jasethy mark. "Romanetty" just doesn't have the same ring to it as Jasethy and Deanetty.
>>
>>1438119
Yeah this. Reigns as some Rhyno-esque silent badass just spearing the midcard all over the shop and winning maybe an IC/US title wouldn't have been so bad.
>>
Hiring
>>
>>1437811
they broke them up too soon. they were still over and being face kept them face.
>>
Imagine if Hero had not gotten fat and had been there instead of Leakee like Punk wanted.
>>
>>1437811
People grew out of it. Wrestling was a fad that has passed but retains a much smaller amount of hardcore fans. Nothing can halt the flow of a changing culture, even superb writing and wrestling. There are still casuals but they are dwindling and eventually the ratings will hit the baseline of just hardcore fans and pretty much remain steady.

I'm not saying the ratings will never rise again, it may become culturally relevant or cool again but it won't have anything to do with storylines or whose holding the belt.
>>
>>1437835
>Fans don't even know why talent is there
Uhh maybe it's because they want a job and WWE is the highest paid wrestling promotion
>>
File: 1361506967609.gif (1 MB, 191x200) Image search: [Google]
1361506967609.gif
1 MB, 191x200
It was CM Punk's idea. The record low draw himself's record low offspring. Like poetry
>>
I miss heel ambrose with his slicked back hair. Had that hannibal look going for him and it worked.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.