[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much do commentators know?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
Do they know about who is winning the match, big debuts, and returns?
>>
>>1437559
Cole says that he asks not to be told the result of matches and any surprises so that he can at least try to act surprised.
>>
>>1437563
He sounded genuinely surprised by the Dudleyz returning
>>
>>1437559
Oh ma gawd maggle look who it is, what a shocker. This man is a 3 time world champion, 2 time united states champion and a king of the ring winner, we haven't seen this man for exactly 735 days, who would have seen this coming!?
>>
>>1437569
OH MYYYYY COULD IT BE
>>
>>1437559
Cole knows everything
>>
>>1437559

I know Jr knew alot of who would win etc but he worked backstage
>>
>>1437559
They have run sheets on the desk highlighting what and when matches/promos/ads are. I don't know if results are on there, or if that's something they find out through the headset.
>>
Honestly I like the idea that they don't know anything and JBL is just this ridiculous font of instant wrestling knowledge.

I imagine the way it really works, though, at least with Cole, is that they don't tell him what's happening, but he can figure it out most of the time.Like, using WM30 as an example, he definitely didn't know Taker was losing, you could hear how stunned he was.

Sticking with WM30, I wonder if he had guessed Bryan was gonna win with the Yes Lock (TAP OUT BATISTA, TAP OUT BATISTA) or if he was just marking the fuck out with everybody else.
>>
>>1437595
> If I wanted to know, I could know everything. But I don't want to know and especially at WrestleMania. A perfect example was last year with the Undertaker and Brock Lesnar. When Undertaker's streak was ended by Brock, oh, my God, I was as shocked as the people sitting at the stadium that night inside the [New Orleans] Superdome. I had know no idea in a million years that was going to happen, and that was the reaction you got out of our call hopefully. I was expecting The Undertaker to kick out and I did one of my normal "One, two…" and I was expecting to say kick out and all of a sudden it was three. I looked at John and he looked at me and I mouthed to him off-air, "Is it over?" His eyes were big and wide and I said to myself: "Okay, the streak is over." I want those moments to happen.

>One of my favorite WrestleMania matches to call was the first time Rock and John Cena met in Miami [at Wrestlemania XXVIII]. I didn't know what would happen and it was such a great year-long build. It makes that moment so much better. At the end of the day, just like anyone else who calls any sport, we are fans of the product and we want to be as intrigued as everybody else.
>>
>>1437559
Retard theyre reading directly from a script on the announce table. They know everything.
>>
>>1437595

Then only people who knew undertaker was gonna lose at wm30 were

>taker
>brock and paul heyman
>Vince
>maybe triple h

Cole and jbl were legitimately shocked
>>
>>1437655
I don't think even Paul knew.
>>
I know Tony Schiavone and the rest of the WCW announcers were usually kept in the dark so they can genuinely be surprised/shocked. On the other side, they never knew if this or that botch/error/run-in (especially in 4 Horseman country) were scripted or not.

WWE commentators usually know the actual matches and spots nowadays.
>>
guess Michael Cole for hours on how to pronounce "two-two-to-uh" ... why the ideas that must contractually be cast in at least 7-8 times a minute and actually adequate way.

to do more harm to no one. gotta listen to the man. dude is an animal on it.
"... To a JBL best quality two-two-to-uh, intercontinental champion since last februrary two-by-two to fastline uh, still available on the two- two-network-uh. and for those who participated in our parallel life early in the two-two-to-uh key he had to defend the title against Luke Harper ... live again on the two-by-two to those communications. "

Even flubs or something.
>>
>>1437702
wut
>>
>>1437702
wat
>>
>>1437702
what did he mean by this
>>
>>1437655
Either Heyman didn't know or he's one hell of an actor.
>>
>>1437702
It's time to stop drinking and/or smoking drugs.

SES
>>
>>1437559
They know everything that happens on Raw/Smackdown. I imagine for special circumstances, that are particularly inclusive to the point where literally 2/3 people know before-hand, they could be left in the dark. But they'd be told shortly beforehand the outcome, and informed of the calls to make.
>>
>>1437702
I understand completely
>>
>>1437702
Dude that shyt my 1B for this twerp. Like the other fukk said even in that way? Lol .. This

You watch the previous year, the vaccine is only "vigilante here! Here's vigilante!" Still - I can appreciate that he is Vince in his ear who shyt left and right from the gorilla, but damn .. call an experienced and above. "Oh my .............. .... Brock Lesnar" when he made his return after Wm ..
>>
>>1437702
Yeah but when JBL says it he doesnt sound convincing. If Byron was told by Vince then maybe he could pull it off but Paul will always find a way to do it too. If all 3 guys worked together than maybe we coukd reach an effective medium.
>>
>>1437655
>THE STREAK....is over

This is such a goddamn good call I don't get how people shit all over it.

It's a moment of absolute realism with Cole in complete stunned shock like everyone else watching.

You know he's getting to call something regarding the Streak living on and then the three count just happens and his brain fucking breaks.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.