[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe he's just lucky or an actual genius?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3
File: vince-mcmahon-2.jpg (62 KB, 642x362) Image search: [Google]
vince-mcmahon-2.jpg
62 KB, 642x362
Do you believe he's just lucky or an actual genius?
>>
>>1435468
Undoubtedly a genius.
>>
Lucky and smart enough to listen to the smarter people around him.
>>
He's a genius. This should be apparent when he went senile, steph and haitch took over and WWE dropped to shit.
>>
He's crazy as fuck, but no one makes that amount of money by accident.
>>
He's a very smart businessman and a psychopath. Those are the two things you need to be rich

You can be smart in one aspect and a fool in others.
>>
>>1435489
Cornette once said how Vince would sit there and listen to Russo ramble a bunch of batshit insane ideas and eventually take 2-3 of those that later became successful.

The man understands psychology
>>
>>1435468
Hes a lucky retard
>>
>>1435468
50% luck
35% daddy's money/effort
10% accidental genius
5% actual genius
>>
>>1436271
5% Luck
20% Skill
100% reason to remember the name
>>
>>1435468
he is in a business full of idiots
>>
genius.
>>
>>1435744
>>1436271
>>1436280
>>1436281

18+
>>
>>1436284
18+
>>
>>1436297
No you!
>>
File: Hands On Head.jpg (15 KB, 394x271) Image search: [Google]
Hands On Head.jpg
15 KB, 394x271
>>1435468
Both. He knew what he was doing by claiming all of pro wrestling in the US, but punishing Trips after the Curtain Call so that Austin would win KOTR and launch his epic career in earnest was sheer coincidence.
>>
Only good thing he ever created was the Attitude Era and that was just stealing Paul Heyman's ideas
>>
>>1435468
>signed Austin from ECW
>gave him the Ring Master gimmick
>Never wanted Austin to talk
>even though Steve is a God tier talker
>gets lucky because Austin said fuck that and started doing his own thing
>basically saved the company from WCW

Vince got fucking lucky. The more I hear about Vince behind the scenes, the more I think he's retarded and completely out of touch with reality.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gp3uFn5sGyE
>>
HE'S GONNA PUKE
>>
>>1435468

He's got a great sense for business and is aggressive enough to take advantage of it, but he is, and has always been, a TERRIBLE wrestling mind.

EVERY good thing that happened to him in wrestling was caused by someone else and he just happened to be around (and aggressive enough) to take advantage of it. Literally every star the company ever had before Cena was popular before working with Vince or clearly IN SPITE of working with Vince. Or just not popular, like Triple H and Reigns. And we see what happened to the ratings when WWE Made Cena was the star.

Vince's successes are only tangentially related to wrestling, like making PPVs huge and making Wrestlemania (which was an idea he ripped off of Starcade and was about as much marketing and hype as it was a wrestling event). Or absorbing all the territories into a national giant. Like I said, good at business, bad at wrestling.

Which has some fucking weird and impressive results when the business IS wrestling.
>>
Dudes clearly a genius. He may be out of touch nowadays, but I think that's more to do with the stupid people he's surrounded by. Notice how since Shane came back there's been an obvious rise in quality? Peeps like Triple H, Steph, Dunn, John Lauanritis etc just have terrible minds for the business. He's needs some people with moderate intellect behind him.
>>
>>1436352
>He's got a great sense for business and is aggressive enough to take advantage of it
He didn't buy UFC when it was worth peanuts
>>
>>1435468

I would tickle Vince's balls and suck him off in the bathroom of an Arby's if he bought me some curly fries

Chad Bryant
rec.sport.pro-wrestling's Master
"i always win"
>>
He's a good business man, not a great creative mind. You can compare him with Bill Gates. Where he grew his company into a monopoly with cut throat shrewdness.

Sprinkle a little Steve Jobs. Steve Jobs was a creative guy not a businessman. He understood what sold, why art/aesthetics/design is important etc. However Steve Jobs would observe what others are doing, allow them launch products into the market. Then copy the good ideas. Steve knew what works.

However today, he's just gotten lazy and become a Ballmer.

Dixie Carter is a Steve Ballmer.
>>
>>1436618
MMA is only popular with Bay-area wannabe socialites who want to post it on Snapchat.
>>
>>1435468
Brilliant businessman. Absolute retard when it comes to wrestling.
>>
Not lucky but not a genius either he was dragged through the attitude era kicking and screaming
>>
>>1436577
>Notice how since Shane came back there's been an obvious rise in quality?
No i've noticed it getting worse
>>
>>1437420
>tfw most of the rage in the McMahon character was legit
>>
All billionaires are lucky to some degree, but Vince is unquestionably a great promoter.
>>
>>1437418
>XFL, That stupid bodybuilding thing...
Not a good business man either.
He inherited a gold mine and talented wrestlers, that's all.
>>
>>1437409
Lose weight
>>
>>1437413
>being this deluded

you do know ratings started to drop when UFC was getting popular right? MMA is one of the reasons wresting is slowly dying as well.
>>
Why does he have to be a genius to be good at something? He had some good ideas and some bad ones. He made something great. But that doesn't make him a genius by any means.
>>
>>1435629
Thats such a bullshit lol
>>
>>1437413
I don't know if there's a sadder, more delusional opinion held by the losers on this board than thinking that wrestling is still more popular than MMA.
>>
Great leader/businessman

Awful booker/gimmick creator

WWE was trash before nWo came along and has been trash since WWE won. Their boom period only happened because WCW success forced Vince to drop his awful PG gimmicks like Isaac Yankem the scary dentist.
>>
>>1435468

I would suck Vince McMahon off in the bathroom of an Arby's as long as he bought me some curly fries when we were done. The man is sexy as hell.

chad bryant
salt lake city utah
rec.sport.pro-wrestling's Master
"i always win
>>
>>1436284
>>1436297
>>1436315

Kill yourselves

Before you say anything, I grew up on Double A, and Tully. My favorite wrestlemania moment is Morton Downey on pipers pit from WM5.
>>
>>1436341
HES GONNA
HES GONNA
HES GON

HES GONNNNNA

HES GONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAA HES GONNA HES GONNA
HES GONNA
HES GONNNNNNNNNNNNNNA HESSSS GONNNNNNAAAAAAA
>>
>>1437829
It's in his famous Vince Russo rant.

https://youtu.be/KfWBufKyvAI?t=9m2s
>>
>>1438592
>i grew up on double A
Austin Aries started wrestling in 2004
18+
>>
>>1437542
Have sex with a woman.
>>
>>1438621
God tier post... Well fucking played.
>>
>>1438634
Phs
>>
>>1435468
He's an extremely shrewd businessman. He will do ANYTHING to win and works himself to death damn near even at 70 years old. He was destined for success no matter what he did.
>>
File: 1464916825917.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1464916825917.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
>>1438621
>tfw 2004 was 40 years ago
>>
>>1438634
Really?
All you are missing was the 'well played sir' at the end

Fuck off back to 9gag
>>
>>1435468
Nah, Vince is just a rich jerk
>>
He is not a creative genius.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.