[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's official
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: _20160629_104543.jpg (159 KB, 1080x1191) Image search: [Google]
_20160629_104543.jpg
159 KB, 1080x1191
It's called the WWE Championship again. Good or bad change?

Obviously it's for the brand split, I love the big gold belt but honestly I'd like to see a brand new title. Bringing back the big gold belt would be a lazy move.
>>
Good
>>
>>1426460
How about the winged eagle belt? That's what it could be.
>>
Does that mean they're bring back the 'world heavyweight championship' for Smackdown?
>>
>>1426460
My dean is face of company

DRINK IT IN SMAAAAAAAAAAAAARKS
>>
Dean and Rollins both pin Reigns at the same time at Battleground, Dean keeps the WWE Championship, Seth wins the (SmackDown) World Heavyweight Championship.
>>
>>1426460
Maybe they're just calling it the WWE Championship for now. And when somebody above 100lbs holds it, it'll go back to the WWEWHC.
>>
>>1426480
>dean staying on raw
>>
It's good because there aren't localised championships so having "world" in the name is redundant. Same with heavyweight, since anyone of any weight can compete. The key defining factor is that they are the overall champion of the WWE.

They need to reevaluate the intercontinental and US titles too and come up with a secondary title more fitting to the current product.
>>
>>1426506
>there aren't localised championships
>mentions them in the next fucking line

You idiot
>>
>>1426512
They aren't localised you fucking spastic. One of them is a fancy way of saying "world champion" and both of them are defended around the world against anyone.
>>
>>1426517
By that logic, any title defended in more than 2 countries is a world title
>>
>>1426522
No, it's a championship of place A and place B. A world championship is open to defence all over the world with no restrictions.

Having a localised championship literally means it's either defended exclusively in that place or to the citizens of that place. I can't believe anybody is retarded enough to actually be convinced by the name.
>>
>>1426506
>so having "world" in the name is redundant.

It's just a means of thematic separation. To imbue one feud with a sense of greater importance, backed by storyline emphasis.
>>
>>1426547
I'd rather they find more legitimate ways to convey prestige than just saying so.
>>
File: image.jpg (202 KB, 768x680) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
202 KB, 768x680
I'd honestly be fine with something like the "wwe raw championship" and the "wwe smackdown championship." None of this world heavyweight nonsense. Also pic related would be fine. I just wish they would add more gold to each belt to make them feel more prestigious. Something to cover up all that bare leather in the center
>>
>>1426556
Ideally, wouldn't everyone?
I'd like them to string a storyline past kindergarten-levels of narrative, too.

>>1426575
>that image
>encouraging lazy, lackluster designs

Nah fuck off. The blue looks shit, anyway.
>>
Just make the divas belt the smackdown belt.
>>
>>1426575
I quite like the design but I agree that a plate of a different shade of gold behind the logo would be good.
>>
>>1426575
This is probably what they will do which isn't a terrible idea. I hope they do have two championships again just for two mitb matches alone.
>>
>>1426637
I think it'd be more interesting if they had one MITB match and the winner could choose either belt from either brand and then just become part of whichever brand he's cashed in on
>>
>>1426472
>Dean wins what is effectively the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship of the World
>Title is immediately devalued even before it's split

Why does Vince hate legit babyfaces?
>>
>>1426672
No, they need to avoid having any chance of having any crossovers for the time being. The brand split was fucking stupid because in the end, it started to matter less. I don't think we should see any Raw and Smackdown collaboration or anything except for the big four PPVs, the drafts and rare occasions. It's ridiculous how often someone would just switch brands in the original split. Keep them like separate companies. Make the Raw fans boo Smackdown like it used to be. Crossovers make the brand split useless
>>
>>1426682
Because he's a terrible human being?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.