[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post the most pointless burials in WWE's history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: 4.-Nexus-or-Against-Us.jpg (44 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
4.-Nexus-or-Against-Us.jpg
44 KB, 642x361
Post the most pointless burials in WWE's history
>>
Muhammad Hassan

fuck your real life happenings, WWE isn't real life and they should've kept going with it. Where were Vince's grapefruits?
>>
File: buried.jpg (44 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
buried.jpg
44 KB, 480x360
Literally stopped this Mania from being 10/10
>>
>>1425848
just imagine how bad John Cenas farts smell
>>
>>1425848
Sting to HHH. Seriously what for?
>>
>>1425909
One last reminder from Vince that WCW was a two-bit company and its "stars" could never compete with WWE's.
>>
>>1425909
This was 15 years after all of that. It was an unnecessary burial. They could have had a Taker vs Sting match instead.
>>
>>1425915
>He thinks Vince lets anything go.

It was even less time since he did it the last time. Guy rehashed the same us vs them crap thrice. How many times does the old fart need to gloat?

I can understand the first, but how does he justify it as poignant the second and third time?
>>
>>1425897
Did anyone actually thing he'd beat trips in the height of his burial era?
>>
>>1425958
Once the heel starts playing racist they HAVE to lose the feud.

The fucking AWA understood that over a decade prior, it's absurd that WWE couldn't figure it out in 2003.

And why did they keep HHH as champ? For a terrible Nash feud that didn't even need the WHC anyway?
>>
>>1426015
>Implying they cared.

Trips was happy to put down talent that threatened him and Vince is literally so backwards he thought making Kane a necrophiliac and a rapist would get him over.
>>
>>1425958
Given the fact that underlying subtext of the story being told in the feud was HHH basically saying "Niggers don't get to be World Champion", then yes Hunter should have lost. He should have lost big time in convincing clean fashion.
WWE told a story where the racist dickhead taunted the black babyface challenger for being inferior, and then beat him clean and hanadily in the middle. Booker had to lay down for 24 seconds between being hit with the pedigree and eating the pinfall.
WWE told a story where the racist shithead was proven decisively correct on their biggest stage of the year, their Superbowl.
What the fuck kinda retard storytelling is that? The MOMENT you bring race into it, the heel HAS to lose. Just HAS TO. That is common fucking sense and if you don't see that you don't know jack shit about basic storytelling 101.
Like WWE.
>>
>>1426015
>>1426163
HHH was originally suppose to lose. He talked Vince out of it.
>>
>>1426415
I wish Booker won.
>>
File: RR_01192003_0032.0.0.jpg (95 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
RR_01192003_0032.0.0.jpg
95 KB, 1310x873
>>1425848
WAKE ME UP INSIDE
>>
File: NOC1.jpg (88 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
NOC1.jpg
88 KB, 1024x576
If you listen closely you can actually hear Hunter masturbating with his tears of insecurity because people liked Punk more than him at this moment in time.
He made sure to remedy that fast!
>>
>>1425889
>never liked wrestling
>shit in the ring
>comment that would maybe be over for 6 more months
>smarks still cry over him being buried over a decade later

It's time to forget about him.
>>
>>1426436
I meant gimmick, not comment.
>>
Who else remembers this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWjSPWo-ZkA
>>
>>1426421
Scotty came back a shell of his former self
>>
>>1426454
and with an almost paralyzed foot
>>
>>1426163
Get worked mark.
>>
>>1425897
literally stopped me from watching RAW until Daniel Bryan in 2013
>>
Does the overall shitting on MVP count?

He was one of the more entertaining wrestlers they had and made him a complete joke
>>
>>1426433
This is the only correct answer.

HHH used the heat from this to insert himself into major storylines for years to come.

Reminder that he won the last Rumble and headlined Mania.

Fucking ridiculous.
>>
>burial
>pointless

Is there ever anything good about burials? Nobody deserves one
>>
>>1426589
Shitty overpushed guys?
>>
>>1426589
Yes

Billy Gunn was unironically gonna get a main event push until The Rock destroyed him
>>
>>1426163
>getting worked into a shoot
>>
>>1426589
Some are justified, most are indeed not needed
>>
>>1426421
That is a lot of juice in that ring.
>>
>>1426444
>Undertaker at peak wrestling ability to legend status ratio
>Pick a literally who Brit and try to build him up as a credible threat
What were they thinking? I think this is one of the few times where WWE listened to reason after putting something moronic in motion.
>>
>>1425909
That match was such a clusterfuck. Dx comes out to help hunter, nwo comes out to help sting who constantly feuded with him. Sting loses then hunter shakes his hand even though hunter cheated to win. Should've at least been Undertaker. If Undertaker went over Sting people would forgive it.
>>
>>1425920
He's senile.
>>
>>1426663
throwing around buzzwords you do no understand the meaning of does not take away from the point being made.
The wrong person went over and they told the story wrong.
>>
>>1425889
The channel that broadcasted Smackdown told Vince to drop the character or they would drop the show, it's not a matter of grapefruits, it's a matter of not losing your show over an already dicey character.
>>
>>1426595
How did that happen?
>>
>>1426969
Austin was in dire need of time off for his neck surgery and Vince felt like he needed a top babyface to fill the void. Gunn was a "company guy", had a decent look, decent in-ring and wasn't prone to injury, so he got picked. Thing is, Austin flat out refused to work a program with him to get him over, so they gave Rock the go ahead to bury Gunn in a shoot-ish promo and killed his push before it ever properly began.
>>
>>1426467
Do you even know what getting worked means?
The only end goal of any work is to con the mark out of money.
If you do not get the mark's money, the work has failed.
And guess what
They didn't get a penny out of me with that angle, so no in fact I did not get worked. I can identify shit storytelling when I see it tho.
But please, continue throwing around words you have absolutely no idea of the meaning of, it's just precious watching the kids pretend to play grown up!
>>
>>1426992
Worked hard lmao
>>
>>1426999
Where's the money then mark?
Show me the money you "worked" me out of?
Because that is what "getting worked" actually means.
Wouldn't expect a mark like you to know that of course.
>>
>>1427021
>ywn be this worked
Feels good
>>
>>1425909
Sting didn't want to win
>>
>>1427028
>ywn work anyone ever
feels good
>>
>>1427021
>"I'm not a mark, you are!!"
>>
>>1427031
W O R K E D
>>
>>1427021
>>1427021
If you saw the angle, WWE already got your money. You got worked, mark.
>>
>>1427046
>I saw the angle play out on FREE television
>I watched the PPV on a hacked black box so didn't pay for it.
Keep trying tho
>>
>>1426421
steiner was garbage here - that rumble match is one of the worst matches ever.

Good on haitch burying him.
>>
>>1427057
Time = money. Opportunity cost. Eyes on the product. Still posting about it 13 years later

WWE got what they wanted. They win, they always do.
>>
>>1427062
>he doesnt like the big bad booty daddy unconditionally

b8
>>
File: 1444245376933.png (4 KB, 256x255) Image search: [Google]
1444245376933.png
4 KB, 256x255
>>1427070
>Time = Money
OK let me just to the store and pay for my groceries using time.
>Opportunity cost
You don't know what this actually means do you?
> Eyes on the product.
Meaningless if they aren't giving you money
>Still posting about it 13 years later
Show me how WWE monetizes shitposting about shitty failed angles from years ago?
>WWE got what they wanted. They win, they always do.
holy shit this unabashed WWE worship.
wew lad.
Jesus I have read some retarded shit on this website, but this, this takes the cake.
My God man.
The mental gymnastics you are doing right now to convince yourself of this is astonishing. Bravo Anon, well done, really. If this were the Olympics I would score this Gymnastics routine an 8.8
Do all Americans worship Corporations like this ?
>>
>le Booker should have went over Haitch meme
>thinking a WCW guy was ever gonna go over an attitude era guy at Wrestlemania

>>1426984

Based Austin. That would have tanked the attitude era and WCW would have won.
>>
>>1427086
Iss ok cousin, we've all been worked one time or another.
>>
>>1427087
>>thinking a WCW guy was ever gonna go over an attitude era guy at Wrestlemania
Benoit defeated HHH AND Shawn Michaels the very next year
WCW guy through and through.
So much for that hypothesis
>>
>>1427092
> through and through
Not really
He was from japan and ecw first then fucked wcw over.
>>
>>1427104
Still a WCW guy, spent 5 years there, longer than he spent anywhere else before WWE.
>>
>>1427114

Benoit joined before they bought WCW- big difference.
>>
https://youtu.be/PocyTpRpgyY
>Triple H was a face throughout all this
>you were meant to sympathise with him
>>
>>1427086
>getting worked this hard
Chill out mark
>>
>>1426984
Good decision by Austin, Gunn's mic work was always robotic at best, and he'd played the heater in a tag team for too long. The pops he got as 'mr ass' were polite smatterings compared to rock or austins rabid pops
>>
>>1427087
>>1428232
>Austin is based for burying someone
>Hogan is the devil for burying someone

state of smarks
>>
>>1427128

WCW was ruined by Time Warner interference, shitty booking thanks to 'creative control' granted to an overpaid bald racist and Bischoff's asset stripping to reduce company value in order to buy it himself.

He didn't figure on Vince swooping in and gazumping his bid
>>
>>1428236
Would YOU have wanted to pay $150 to see Billy Gunn make ass puns about his posterior at the wrestlemania main event with HHH?

His mr ass gimmick killed his career dead, they already had val venis doing the rick rude-lite gimmick
>>
>>1428269
Not at all but it's dumb to me how people can praise one wrestler for burying someone and say another wrestler is a faggot for burying someone else
>>
>>1428272
Not to mention, Haitch put over more stars in his career than Austin and Rock combined. If anything, Austin was the bitch for walking out under contract because he didn't want to put Lesnar over. Haitch even did the shitty job to Warrior where he lost like a piece of shit.
>>
>>1425911
Except for that long period of time during the during the 90s when WCW was more popular and put on a far superior show
>>
Summerslam 2016, AJ losing to Cena.
>>
>>1427092
One could argue that since CB jumped ship early, he said FU to wcw. Like ke Jericho
>>
>>1427086
>IM LOSING AN ARGUMENT BETTER MAKE SWEEPING ACCUSATIONS ABOUT THE US SO OTHER YUROS WILL DEFEND ME
>>
>>1428343
That doesn't count. HHH had no leverage at the time and was basically a nobody

That's like praising Austin for putting people over in WCW or as the ringmaster
>>
>>1428379
>long period
>a year and a half between 1996 and 1997

WCW was a blip on the radar in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>1425848
>constantly got injured
>botchland finisher
>was still green at the time
Nah BMJ did the right thing
>>
>>1428399
RAW did not consistently begin to outdraw Nitro in the ratings until until well into 1998 you stupid fucking McMahon mark

Even before '96 WCW still pulled more than the WWF a lot of the time

RAW was a fucking joke before the Attitude era, then it essentially absorbed the talent from ECW and stole Heyman's ideas at a time when WCW started to go to shit creatively.

McMahon never owned shit, the "victory" in the Monday Night Wars fell into his lap and even then he still fucked it up. Wrestling has been in continuous decline since 2001.
>>
>>1428393
Yeah, and that's why I will always say the new wrestlers have it easy. Oh Barrett lost his match against Cena. Too bad. At least Cena didn't no sell his finisher and squashed him in a one minute match.
>>
>>1427029
Hi hunter!!!
>>
When the Wyatts went over The Shield.

What PPV was that? I forget. But it was garbage.

In the end, The Shield found more success than The Wyatts, but it still bothers me to this day. Especially since the Wyatts went on to lose to like every other major match they had.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.