[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Angle vs. Michaels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
>should've been one of the greatest matches of the century
>instead, Michaels can't leave his ego at the door
>makes Angle look like an absolute fucking jobber for 80% of the match, contrary to the buildup and the story they were trying to tell
>kicks out of a top-rope Angle slam
>doesn't let Angle hit his moonsault
>no-sells everything
>botches putting Angle through the announce table
>takes two whole minutes to tap out to the ankle lock
>a match that was supposed to be about two equally-skilled GOATs putting on a clinic to see who truly was the best is reduced to a glorified jobfest because Michaels is an egotistical retard
What a fucking shame.
>>
>>1422502
Did you forget that the story was Angle being the smackdown noon who wanted to prove he could take on a Raw Legend?

He was booked to look weaker, that was the point
>>
>should've been one of the greatest matches of the century
>was

Not sure what your problem is.
>>
>>1422565
Did you stop reading after the first line or are you just retarded? My problem is that it was completely underwhelming and inappropriately one-sided.
>>
>>1422502
>liking angle better than michaels for any reason
lol
>>
>there are people with opinions this bad
>>
File: HBK VS HH.jpg (245 KB, 981x1411) Image search: [Google]
HBK VS HH.jpg
245 KB, 981x1411
>>1422502
>a match that was supposed to be about two equally-skilled GOATs putting on a clinic to see who truly was the best is reduced to a glorified jobfest because Michaels is an egotistical retard
>>
The fuck? That's like one of the best matches in the history of professional wrestling. Absolutely great storytelling from both parties. Michaels actually went out of his way to make Angle look good. It was the two best workers in the company locking horns. Michaels tapping is still earth-shattering watching it today.
>>
>>1422595
>equally-skilled
>>
>>1422595
But really OP, THIS is what happens when Shawn Michaels wants to make you look bad.
>>
>shawn michaels books his own matches
wew lad
>>
File: 1465502370748.jpg (44 KB, 436x517) Image search: [Google]
1465502370748.jpg
44 KB, 436x517
>>1422595

>people like RECORD LOW Michaels to GOAT Hogan
>>
HBK is a faggot
>>
>>1422595
that match was awesome once you learned why michaels did what he did
>>
No shocker, Michaels does this to everyone
>>
>>1422616
>wrestlers don't call the majority of a match in the ring
"""""Smart""""" marks, everyone.
>>
>>1422616

>I don't know how wrestling matches work
>>
>>1422616
I thought smarks were supposed to be smart?
>>
Angle practically never hits the Moonsault. 18+

>>1422712
Most of them don't, actually.
>>
File: EGdissaproves.gif (909 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
EGdissaproves.gif
909 KB, 200x200
>>1422595
>slow, gassed hot dog returning for one match
>still in shape, cooldad Michaels who stayed and got pushed in great feuds against Cena, Jericho and Undertaker
>Wanting Hogan to win the feud.
>>
>>1422746
I never said I wanted Hogan to win. I just wanted Shawn to not be a whiny cunt and ruin the match.
>>
>>1422762
Shawn overselling is the only reason that match is even watchable.
>>
>>1422780
this. the match would be completely disappointing and cringe-worthy if Hogan hit his typical shit and Shawn just took it and layed for the pin.
>>
>>1422607
This. Every time I watch that match I still feel suspense at the end until he taps. Probably my favorite match of all time.
>>
>>1422581
I don't like either of them, but I'd take Angle over HBGay any day.
>>
>>1422607
>>1423825
Begging you to have sex,
>>
>>1422746
>this same "slow, gassed hot dog" caused a 235,000 increase in buys that year
>You unironcially wanting Michaels to win when he threw a temper tantrum that he couldn't politic against the godfather of backstage politics

Praise Hogan
>>
>>1422682

There's a story? I thought HBK didn't want to job to Hogan so he worked him the whole match
>>
>Shawnetty
>>
>>1422762
Not even HBK could have made that match good if he would have been serious. What he did was what's best for business whereas Hogan was a cunt.
>>
>>1424106
A year later, Orton vs Hogan was watchable because of the crowd and Hogan being over as shit. Hogan was done at that point but Michaels being as talented as he was could have definitely worked with Hogan if he wanted
>>
>>1424081
Originally, there was going to be a 3 match series with HBK going over at least once. Baby face vs Baby face with Michaels playing a legend testing himself against other legends.

Hogan said no that Michaels had to turn heel. So Michaels turns heel. Hogan then says that he can't wrestle more than one more match and he wants to go over.

So Hogan basically politiced to change the entire story of the match to make Michaels unlikable and then went back on the plan of a best of 3 to go over Michaels once.

HBK may have been a piece of shit but Hogan is the all time worst.
>>
>>1422595
This one was all Hogan
>>
>>1424125
>Complaining about HBK getting outpoliticked

Hogan asked for the old Michaels, got him, then outpoliticked him while Michaels threw a tantrum because for the first time in his career he didn't get his way.
>>
>>1424125
Good
At least Hogan gave him a match and didnt > Lose his smile ;_; like that primadonna faggot Michaels did
>>
>>1422502
this match is great though

also shawn was face and angle was a heel so
>>
>checking your ego at the door in wrestling

have fun never main eventing or making big money
>>
>>1424132
>Who is The Rock?
>>
>>1424134
so you only have one example? that doesn't prove me wrong
>>
>>1424135
Considering you made an absolute statement, that one example of his kinda did.
>>
>>1424138
nope
>>
>>1424135
Who is Daniel Bryan?
Who is Sting?
Who is Edge?
Who is DDP?
Who is Mick Foley?
>>
>>1424139
He did, though.
>>
>>1424140
>Edge
>DDP
>Foley
lmfao
>>
>>1424132
>>1424134
>>1424140
Holy BTFO.
>>
>>1424140
Sting underachieved

Bryan's lack of ego is why he had to retire early. He continued to do stupid bumps because he didn't want to "sell out". Plus he didn't refuse to work programs with shitty workers like Kane
>>
>>1424143
So Edge, DDP, and Foley never main evented or made big money now? Edge & Foley main evented a Mania

Regardless, that's 2 more examples. Not everyone has to be an egotistical faggot like HHH, Michaels, or Hogan to succeed in wrestling
>>
>>1424146
So? They still main evented and made big money.
>>
>>1424146
18+
>>
>this one nigga getting absolutely bodied by facts
>>
>>1424147
Edge, DDP and Foley had healthy egos. Look at Foley's run in 2006, DDP's entire career, and the Edge/Lita/Matt deal

>>1424150
Sting didn't make as much as he should have

Bryan lost out on millions because muh retarded dives

>>1424151
Not an argument.
>>
>>1424153
>this dude on suicide watch getting rekt by facts
>>
>>1424081
The original plan was for there to be two or three matches, first at Summerslam, then either Unforgiven or/and Survivor Series.

If there was only two matches, both would trade wins and avoid a tiebreaker as perceived equals. If it went to three, HBK would go over as he was still active on the roster.

Regardless, Hogan would win first at Summerslam (the bigger show) and HBK would get the win/s at the rematch/es. In return for not going fully over, Hulk demanded HBK be a heel rather than a face/face story (original plan was for HBK to say he needed to know if he could win).

There was rumors circulating almost immediately that Hogan told people he wasn't losing at any point. Hogan then told management a week after the match announcement his knees, hip and back were fucked and could only wrestle once on doctor's orders, but still wanted to go over.

HBK, now angry he's being jobbed out, starts dropping hints of his issues and Hogan's lies in his promos, rather than just being jealous at Hogan's success as originally agreed.

Then at the PPV, HBK oversells everything making the entire match a farce/100x more entertaining. At the end after losing, Michaels keeps up the original proposed story that "he had to know" to a visibly furious Hogan.

Following night on RAW, Michaels tells the crowd to forget the past month, goes back as a face and moves on.

TLDR: HBK acts like a baby because Hogan out politicked him. But at least there's some decent promos and a stupid match because of it.
>>
File: laughing-dog.jpg (29 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
laughing-dog.jpg
29 KB, 300x200
>>1424132
>>checking your ego at the door in wrestling
>have fun never main eventing or making big money

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>1424153
Was that the same Foley run where he put over Flair despite Flair repeatedly shitting on him and tried to put over Melina for fuck sake?

What did DDP ever do? This guy is one of the nicest guys in wrestling

One isolated incident doesn't tarnish his career. Edge got those two geeks Ryder and Hawkins in a Wrestlemania main event because they looked up to him

You do realize that Sting never lost to Hogan right? Not even unclean, he just never lost to him. I think he had quite the career

So? He still main evented and made big money
>>
You little faggot you sound like my ex bitch. This match was fucking awesome &has been my favorite for over a decade. When angle was picking up him up yelling in his face & Michaels hit that sweet chin music, shit was lit pham. Then angle gets him in the ankle lock to make him tap. 7/10 for making me respond you little Cambodian street rat
>>
>>1424153
eighteen fuckin plus kiddo
>>
>>1424132
>>1424135
>>1424139
>>1424143
>>1424146
>>1424153
Deanmark is getting BTFO
>>
>>1424160
It was the part where Foley crowbarred himself into tag teaming with Edge and Edge almost lost all of his heat

DDP is one of the biggest shameless self promoters in history. It's a wonder that he never main evented.

Edge isn't as bad as the other two but it's not like he was an angel

Sting never lost to Hogan but he was made to look like shit at Starrcade 97 because he showed up out of shape after having a year+ off
>>
>>>checking your ego at the door in wrestling
>>have fun never main eventing or making big money
>>
>>1424163
Deancuck gets BTFO every single day
>>
>>1424164
What? Edge won the belt right after ONS because of RVD fucking up. If anything, Lita got most of the heat and not Foley

What is Halloween Havoc 98? Alot of people argue the streak should have ended right there, listen to the pop when he hit the diamond cutter

Compared to actual egotistical wrestlers like HHH/Hogan/Michaels? Yes he was

So? He still made big money and main evented
>>
Shawn Michaels is probably greatest of all-time, but Hogan has the highest power level in kayfabe.
>>
>>1424165 et al
reddit kids who want wrestling to be boring shit and never reach attitude era coolness
>>
File: laughing-cat.jpg (34 KB, 199x300) Image search: [Google]
laughing-cat.jpg
34 KB, 199x300
>>1424173
>>checking your ego at the door in wrestling
>have fun never main eventing or making big money
>>
Damn that anon got destroyed kek
>>
>>1424171
> it another beato non-post
how is the pretend wrestling career going you fat fantasist spic
>>
>>1424146
>shitty workers like Kane
Kane is a safe worker you sperg.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.