[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He looks fucking great.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: 2n9TGX6.jpg (71 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
2n9TGX6.jpg
71 KB, 1080x1080
He looks fucking great.
>>
If i would work 3 or 5 Days a Year, I would look great too.
>>
>>1418129
He's earned that schedule.
>>
>>1418135
Who said he didn't?
>>
>>1418125
That's a big nose
>>
>>1418135
Wish Vince would just mail him the thank you money instead of having to suffer through his early matches, then.
>>
Who is that indie darling in the background?
>>
>>1418125
Looks the same as the last time we saw him.
Except in a shirt.
>>
>>1418135
Ok.and?
>>
>>1418156
Get worked
>>
>>1418156
So don't imply he wasn't a hard worker.
>>
>>1418162
Nobody implied that Mark, you mark.
>>
>>1418125
Let's hope he does more of this and less wrestling
>>
>>1418162
Show me where that was implied you autist
>>
File: 1460265646982.jpg (135 KB, 736x550) Image search: [Google]
1460265646982.jpg
135 KB, 736x550
>You will live to the day where at Wrestlemania the Gong will not hit anymore

Suffering
>>
>>1418172
>implying that day shouldn't have happened years ago
>>
>>1418182
Fuck no
>>
>>1418186
Ever since he fought Shawn Michaels the quality of his WM have been in a steady decline, and ever since he lost to Brock, they became completely meaningless.
>>
>>1418228
U wot

25>28>29>27>26=>32>31>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>30
>>
>>1418172
Should've already happened. 31/32 were embarrassing for him.
Shit, these past couple years in general have just been him squatting over his legacy.
>>
>>1418232
Absolutely this.
He should have gone out at 30, or taken 2 years off and retired this year at 32 in Texas in front of the biggest crowd ever, and in his home state. The perfect send off.
although who even knows if we will ever see him again. Rumour has it he and Vince are on the outs and Taker hasn't spoken to Vince since Mania. Apparently Vince wanted Taker to job to Shane (look at the booking post Mania and you will see all the wrong people went over based on the stories they followed up on) and then retire for good. He wanted Taker to put over his near 50 year old non wrestler son like he put over Brock Lesnar and then never be seen again .
I don't blame Taker for telling Vince to go fuck himself when he has years of fuck you money stacked high to the ceilings of his home.
>>
>>1418230
>HHH matches better than Michaels II

holy fucking kek
>>
>>1418144
4U
>>
>>1418248
It was bland as fuck

The only things i remember is the tombstone outside of the ring and the ending (that was glorious).
>>
>>1418241
I still don't really understand why he won at 32.
Shane was the perfect person to lose against. In that particular scenario and set of circumstances, he's the ONLY person that could have beaten and retired Taker to a Face pop.
Bonus points for getting across the whole "New Era" sentiment in Taker's goodbyes.
>>
>>1418255
Could've just had the club do a run in &beat that old man down
>>
File: 1465676517952.gif (4 MB, 410x329) Image search: [Google]
1465676517952.gif
4 MB, 410x329
>>1418255
Fucking kys no but for real do it
>>
File: 1465879928291.jpg (14 KB, 289x297) Image search: [Google]
1465879928291.jpg
14 KB, 289x297
>>1418255
Never fucking post again
>>
>>1418255
Would be worse than Brock beating the streak
>>
>build up an infamous streak that you could either retire with or break to a young, up and coming star and give him a super mega-push to the stars
>instead, break the streak to someone who only wrestles three times a year, was an established monster, a champion in both wrestling and MMA, and who absolutely did not need nor benefit from the rub
>keep wrestling anyway
What a fucking retard.
>>
>>1418255
The only other person in 20 years to beat Taker at Mania is BROCK FUCKING LESNAR
It makes literally zero sense no matter what way you slice it for Shane to beat Taker at a Mania. HHH couldn't do it, SHAWN FUCKING MICHAELS COULDN'T DO IT, tons of other high profile main event active wrestlers couldn't do it, it took a shoot fighter Viking God to finally break The Streak, and now Taker should put over a guy who is not a wrestler?
You are so beyond retarded I am starting to think you might actually be Vince.
>>
>>1418302
>I have no idea how booking works and blame the wrestler when the booker makes a retarded decision
Blame Vince, not Taker
>>
>>1418307
kek, mark
>>
>>1418314
>imfuckingplying it wasn't ultimately Taker's call
Just stop posting, fucking faglord.
>>
>>1418255
That's stupid, man. But you're right about one thing, Shane should've absolutely won, but Taker shouldn't have lost. And that was so easy to do that even a WWE writer could do it:
>On the lead-up to the match, there was a lot of talk about legacy, Shane's was his family, Taker's was his fists
>Shane comes out with his kids, who sat at ringside with Linda and their mom
>Shane is completely outmatched, he gets his token offense spots in, but it's crystal clear he has no chance
>Yet he keeps on trying, throws everything he has at Taker, does the big drop spot
>Taker looks perplexed at the lengths Shane will go, drags him semi-conscious back to the ring, roughs him some more
>Taker does the throat slit and stretches his arms out signaling a chokeslam while Shane struggles to get up
>Shane's kids jump the barricade and rush the ring to get between Taker and their dad to protect him
>Taker is taken aback and doesn't know what to do, when he takes a step forward Shane jumps to his feet and tackles Taker, to protect his kids
>Ref rushes the kids off, Taker hits the Tombstone on Shane and kneels down for the pin
>But he hesitates and taps on the mat, gets up and staggers towards the stage
>Refs discuss the result at ringside and finally Lilian announces the winner of the match: Shane via tap-out
>Taker stands on the stage, back turned to the ring, removes his gloves and drops them on the ground
>He raises his arm in that WM pose, lights go off, he disappears, the gloves remain
>Announcers wonder if Taker just left his legacy behind and retired
>>
>>1418329
Next night on Raw:
>Vince is fuming on the ring, calls Taker a coward, says he's good for nothing, he was FIRRRRED, as per stipulation
>Here comes the moeny
>Shane comes out busted to shit in a fucking wheelchair (Seriously, he came back the next day with some bruises IRL)
>"You see, dad. You seem to have forgotten about the other stipulation, I'm now in control of Monday Night Raw, and as my first act, I decided to sign a young upstart, you may have heard of him"
>GONG, lights, Taker in the ring with Vince
And then whatever, they can set up an angle where Vince tries to end Taker career recruiting various wrestlers that leads up to his final match next year, or just have Taker bump Vince for some cheap validation.
>>
>>1418329
>>1418341
I like this, except for the "Shane re-hiring Taker" part.
That shits all over the "Taker gets fired" stip, just as they expertly shit all over the "Shane wrestling for control" stip, by giving him control.
If the condition is that he's fired, make it ironclad.
Have Shane bring him out for a goodbye speech, but not a flat-out rehiring.
>>
>>1418325
>actual marks still exist

cringing
>>
>>1418329
The scary thing is, something similar to this was actually suggested to Mick Foley as a way to end his I Quit match with Rock.

>Rock beats him half to death in front of his wife and children, can't make him quit
>His wife jumps the rail and begs him to quit
>He quits for her sake, not because Rock broke him

Foley refused to do it for the perfectly obvious reason that the crowd would have shit all over it and every WWF fan on the planet would have hated his wife forever. I think possibly the only thing more shittable and hatable than that scenario is the one you suggested, which means you're good enough for the WWE writing team.
>>
>>1418325
>I have no idea how booking works
Just stop
>>
File: 1467030492234.jpg (53 KB, 822x960) Image search: [Google]
1467030492234.jpg
53 KB, 822x960
>There are people who would be okay with Shane winning.

Okay. Before WM32 Taker fought who was high in the cards and who beat a huge portion of the roster. Taker beat him twice clean.
Then he fought the fucking "beast' that literally decimated the whole roster without any problem. And this beast couldn't beat him "clean" (HiaC).

And this guy, Taker who fought on the same level of the fucking monster God of the WWE should have been beat by a 46 years old non-wrestler guy who was fucking ragdolled by the roster of 10 years ago?

Thats like saying "fuck it, the guys of today are fucking trash, even the weakest of 10 years ago is better than them"

Fucking retards all of you
>>
>>1418345
I just thought Taker deserved to retire on a real match, but I guess you're right.
>>
>>1418360
>it's still real to him, dammit
>>
>>1418367
>implying 100% of the wrestlers in the locker room wouldnt be absolutly furious Shane beat Taker
>>
>>1418355
There was no winning way out of the shit match they built, I just tried to come up with a scenario where Shane gets Raw and Taker doesn't lose to Shane, I think it's alright, honestly.
>>
Lost all my respect for the guy. Hope that Cenas gets a submission win over him at Mania 33
>>
>>1418325
Vince outright said he made the decision
>>
>>1418371
>literal real-life, 2016 marks
>>
File: 1452368241974.gif (2 MB, 312x250) Image search: [Google]
1452368241974.gif
2 MB, 312x250
>>1418375
>Bryat Wyatt marks
>>
>>1418375
Fuck off Husky Harris
>>
>>1418373
You're overthinking it.

>Build up to the match is all about how Vince is punishing him for leaving and how it's impossible for him to win, that he's completely overmatched
>Shane's stance is that this is for his children and he'll do anything to win
>Pours his heart and soul into the match with Taker, with the announcers begging him to give up
>Tease a couple of moments where he might actually pull it off
>Taker puts him down, but Vince's heart grows three sizes that day and on Raw he says that Shane is ready to take over the company and he's proud of him.

There you go. A nice, heart-warming moment and a passing of the torch to start the new era. No "Undertaker is my Bitch", no "Shane's running Raw because of loltwitter".

Just basic, simple storytelling.
>>
File: h.jpg (16 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
16 KB, 300x400
>>1418352
>>1418359
>>1418378
>implying wrestlers don't get booking decisions reversed literally all the time
>implying Taker of all people couldn't have refused
>implying Vince wouldn't have listened to him if he had refused
""""""""""Smart"""""""""" marks, my ass.
>>
>>1418414
>marks
>>
>>1418404
>Just basic, simple storytelling.

In 2010s WWE?

The fuck promotion do you think you're watching?
>>
>>1418419
You're literally retarded if you think booking decisions are set in stone and irreversible--wrestlers get them changed all the time.

Kill yourself, you fucking msmark.
>>
>>1418437
Hello marky
>>
>>1418442
You don't even know how booking is done and yet you're calling me a mark. Just stop posting, you fucking embarrassment.
>>
>>1418447
>marks

wew
>>
>>1418451
>marks so stupid they think they're smarks
L M A O
>>
>>1418447
Mark
>>
>>1418172
His last good match was the Punk match, should have retired after WM 30.
>>
File: 1449258829903.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1449258829903.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
>>1418255
>Two people beat Taker
>a part-timer
>and vince's son who isn't even a wrestler
>>
>>1418488
Hello mark
>>
>people still like The Undertaker in this day and age

>but muh workrate
>>
>>1418228
>ever since he lost to Brock, they became completely meaningless.
yup, i literally did not care at all for his matches with shane or bray wyatt
>>
>>1418125
No
>>
>>1418125
he looks like my Puerto Rican godfather who will destroy people with his death stare.
>>
>>1418172

>implying he won't deputize the gimmick to an up and comer big guy who will carry the Undertaker legacy.

The Streak goes to Brock and the Gimmick goes to someone else. Taker can happily retire (or manage the blue blood for a few years) and the world is fine.
>>
>>1418863

This is my honest hope. That some big guy who gives no fucks is Taker's last match and he transfers his powers to him so the legend never dies
>>
>>1418872
I hope you enjoy Braun "The Phenom" Strowman.
>>
>>1418360

If Shane hit the elbow, it would have been the most devastating move of all time, in terms of kayfabe. I would be completely fine with that finishing an old-as-fuck Taker.
>>
>>1418129
>If i would work 3 or 5 Days a Year, I would look great too.

Not necessarily if you had all the injuries Calaway has...
>>
>>1418901
Canonically the Undertaker is capable of absorbing insane amounts of punishment. I just can't see it making sense that a non wrestler could put him down realistically when you already established that several hosses couldn't do it and it took Bork laser 3 F5s to keep him down.
>>
>>1418878

Why not, long as Bray cuts the promos for him as Paul Bearer 2
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.