[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Without a doubt. he is gonna come back as a heel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8
File: roman-reigns-6.jpg (99 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
roman-reigns-6.jpg
99 KB, 1280x720
Without a doubt.
he is gonna come back as a heel
>>
>>1415480
Aaaaaw come ooooon
>>
>>1415480
No he won't, people might actually like him if he did.
>>
>>1415480
I'm not sure he's really coming back at all. At least not as a main eventer.

Dude couldn't draw, and now he has the audacity go and fall a drug test.

Vince may have gone off him. He can some other island nigger.
>>
>>1415517
I think he'll be back as a main eventer, but won't get the belt again for a while. I really don't think there will be faces and heels in this Shield feud, I think they want everyone to pick a guy and be passionate about it, which would totally work. And before you say it, yes some people do like Roman. If they book them as equals this feud will be great.
>>
File: 1466926545346.png (755 KB, 705x520) Image search: [Google]
1466926545346.png
755 KB, 705x520
>>1415480
>>
>>1415517
Randy got two and he was fine. I think his punishment was losing clean and they're going to try and move past it.
>>
>>1415734
>clean
>ref couldn't count when seth was pinned for more than 3 seconds

even when roman loses there has to be doubt, otherwise he won't look strong.
>>
>>1415734
but now he's a liability. It's hard to put the belt on him because if he fails again then he vacates the title
>>
>>1415742
Right, but again, they did the same with Randy. I don't think he'll be getting the belt again soon, but he will eventually, and hopefully then he is booked better and has a better writer/producer.
>>
>>1415494
>people might actually like him if he did.

You need charisma + talent for that. So no chance.
>>
>>1415741
So? That's how wrestling works. That's how Hogan worked, that's how Austin worked, that's how Goldberg worked, and that's how Cena works. Roman shouldn't be losing clean whether you like him or not because he's supposed to look like a fucking samoan badass who can get his shit kicked in.
You wouldn't expect Jericho to go over Austin clean would you? So why would Rollins go over Roman in a squeaky clean way? Rollins got treated way better than I thought he would in that match.
>>
>>1415767
>That's how wrestling works.
That does not mean I have to like it.
>>
>>1415761
The talent he has, the charisma not so much. He just needs to not talk as much as they make him.
>>
>>1415775
You're right, but people act like this is a Roman only thing when its been going on forever.
>>
>>1415767
>Roman shouldn't be losing clean whether you like him or not because he's supposed to look like a fucking samoan badass who can get his shit kicked in.

Cousin Dwayne jobbed all the fucking time.

>You wouldn't expect Jericho to go over Austin clean would you? So why would Rollins go over Roman in a squeaky clean way? Rollins got treated way better than I thought he would in that match.

Rollins isn't Jericho. And Reigns certainly fucking isn't Austin.
>>
>>1415779
>The talent he has,

The past 2 years of his career would beg to differ.

He's simply not as good as the majority of the peers and doesn't have anything over them otherwise to compensate, outside of tallness, pretty longhair and douchebro biceps.
>>
>>1415788
When did The Rock ever job? Genuinely interested. I can't think of a single clean loss other than Goldberg and Cena.

Who would you compare Rollins to then? I can't think of a great comparison.

And of course Reigns isn't Austin, but they want him to be the top guy like Austin was, that's what I meant. The top guy can't lose clean all the time.
>>
File: ur da man.jpg (43 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
ur da man.jpg
43 KB, 642x361
>>1415798
> I can't think of a single clean loss other than Goldberg and Cena.

What? What? What?

18+

>The top guy can't lose clean all the time.

He literally has more WrestleMania main events than he does clean wins.

Before MITB he'd N - E - V - E - R lost a singles match clean in WWE.

>Who would you compare Rollins to then? I can't think of a great comparison.
>>
>>1415792
When he hits a power move it looks fucking devastating and he should do that more than the stupid fucking Superman Punch. He might not Phoenix Splash and shit, but he doesn't have to. He's a power wrestler.

To be the top guy you have to be marketable to the masses more than anything, so him being a fucking hunky dude IS important. Of course someone like Sami Zayn could wrestle him out of his shoes, but Sami Zayn looks like Seth Rogan and that is infinitely more difficult to market. They draw people in with the good looking guy and they stay for people like Enzo & Cass.
>>
>>1415792
>the classic smark denying roman has talent
Wew lad
>>
>>1415806
>When he hits a power move it looks fucking devastating

Too bad he can't hit them on anybody bigger than Styles.

>To be the top guy you have to be marketable to the masses more than anything,

Oh do I feel sorry for a legion of brainwashed /wwe/ cucks

The "marketable" guy is what's actually selling, not what is deemed so by the company.

And Reigns is selling about as well as ice cream to eskimos.
>>
>>1415808
He's pretty good at having Seth & Dean carry the load
>>
>>1415810
I'm not saying he's selling well or not, I'm just saying that's the company's line of thinking.
>>
>>1415804
I'm sure if you did the math the same would be true about good ol' Rocky.

Also Michaels is a fair comparison.
>>
>>1415814
So what's your point then? And what does that have to do with his "talent"?
>>
>>1415817
>I'm sure if you did the math the same would be true about good ol' Rocky.

Doubtful. But I'm not doing your homework for you so you can pretend that you're not wrong.

And the difference is that Rocky was actually pushed as a midcard guy for his early years and paid his dues.

Reigns was getting top star protection from literally Day 1.
>>
>>1415818
That people don't give him the credit he deserves, he can work fine enough for what they need him to do. A Roman Reigns match booked right will be a good match no matter what (aside from WM32), and if he's going against a little indie guy he can throw around after they do their high spots then it can a great match. He works well with those guys and they're bring in a shit ton of them.
>>
>>1415832
State of Roman apologists.

>he can work fine enough for what they need him to do.

Judging by how the crowd responds to him? Clearly, not.

>A Roman Reigns match booked right will be a good match no matter what (aside from WM32)

Except for what debunks your theory? Got it.

>He works well with those guys and they're bring in a shit ton of them.

He "works well" with the guys who can literally have good matches with inanimate objects? Wow. So impressive. Build the company around him instead of the far more talented guys you've got no shortage of.

I mean it's clearly been working so well for the past 18 months of record low ratings + house show attendance.

>the POWER of Roman Reigns!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdqGgU8gb6g
>>
>>1415813
Hu-uh
(You)

>the state of roman haters
>>
>>1415841
Why would I hate a joke?
>>
>>1415827
Okay So lets see. Rock clean loses are Cena, Goldberg, and maybe Austin. I know Heyman got involved in the Lesnar one at Summerslam 2002, so that leaves us with 2, maybe 3. if you have any others let me know. Now, he XV, 2000 in the 4way, X7, XXVIII, and 29 for a total of 5.

Also I agree Roman was put in the main event too early, I don't think anyone can argue that.
>>
>>1415840
I wouldn't say I'm a Roman apologist, I just don't think he's the worst thing in the world.

Also inanimate objects? Really? It's not like it's Victory Road 2011 out there, although with the wellness violation who knows.
>>
>>1415845
Rocky lost CLEAN to Mankind via submission @ Cold Day in Hell and tapped CLEAN to Shamrock in the Finals at King of the Ring 1998.

So not only is that 2 clean solo losses far before Reigns had his, but it's 2 more tapouts than Reigns will likely ever do.

Ya done now?
>>
>>1415844
because you have no life?
>>
>>1415851
Also, here's a good one:

Mark Henry pinned Rock on the PPV one month before Survivor Series 1998 with only a minor distraction from D'Lo Brown as the asterisk.
>>
>>1415849
>I just don't think he's the worst thing in the world.

Nobody does. But he's the worst "realistic" choice for a top guy in WWE by a fucking landslide.

>he doesn't know about Yoshihiko
>>
>>1415853
Stop lashing out FedoRamen.

It's over. You picked the wrong side and lost.
>>
>>1415851
Huh. Alright then, well played.

All I'll say is that it's a bummer they fucked the Roman thing up so bad by pushing him so quick. Maybe they thought the Shield was enough. And the whole Daniel Bryan Royal Rumble thing didn't help either. I think if he was a midcarder first people wouldn't hate him nearly as much, if at all.
>>
>>1415859
That's fair. Who else would you pick? Rollins? His dick being on the internet kind of fucked that up, although I don't know how many casuals even know about that.
Who would your choice be?
>>
File: Based E.gif (2 MB, 340x191) Image search: [Google]
Based E.gif
2 MB, 340x191
>>1415870
There's one very obvious choice for "THE Guy" (even though I prefer multiple top stars alal the 4 Pillars) just waiting to breakout.

>His dick being on the internet kind of fucked that up,

Literally nobody cares.
>>
>>1415882
As much as I love Big E I can't see them making a black guy the face of the company, even in 2016.
>>
>>1415892
Yes. I mean, after all, it was such a barrier for The Rock.

Just imagine how much more successful he could've been if he were a white boi.
>>
>>1415894
Right, but The Rock was only half, he is just kind brownish. Big E is straight black and I doubt they'd pull the trigger on it.
>>
>>1415896
>Samoan/Black

So being not!white is a barrier yet being DOUBLE not!white isn't, got it.
>>
>>1415897
Right... but Rock's more lightskined, like Beyonce. That's why it worked, because Podunk Americans have this weird thing where the darker shade of black the person is the worse they are.
Either way it's fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>1415798
>I can't think of a single clean loss other than Goldberg and Cena.
Are you serious? He jobbed to Austin all the fucking time. Also lost to Taker on Raw, while he had help from Kane no less.
>>
File: dean-shakes-vinces-hand.jpg (44 KB, 736x413) Image search: [Google]
dean-shakes-vinces-hand.jpg
44 KB, 736x413
We'll have to wait and see. Vince is reportedly less than happy with his golden boy right now.

Pretty sure pic related is the future.
>>
>>1416173
>Shaking the broken hand
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: Average Wrestling Fan.gif (817 KB, 326x300) Image search: [Google]
Average Wrestling Fan.gif
817 KB, 326x300
>>1415480
Pic related is you
>>
>>1415734
Fans never booed Randy like they are doing Roman. Sure as fuck now while Randy was a face.
>>
>>1416173
How is he less than happy?
>>
>>1415798
Rock had one of the lowest winning percentages of any top guy in wwe history. Rock lost a lot and had no problems putting people over.
>>
File: nFRT1hI.jpg (317 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
nFRT1hI.jpg
317 KB, 1200x1200
>>1415813

>Dean carrying anyone

Explain Ramens one match with Seth being better than any of Deans?

Or Brock vs Roman being better than that shitfest Dean had against Brock.

And do you honest to god think Dean could put on a better match against AJ Styles than Roman? Or that Roman wouldn't have made that shitter of a cage match with Jericho actually good and exciting?

lets not forget the 10+ '''vet''' Dean having worse strikes than Roman a guy only 2 years into his singles career.
>>
>>1416292
>being this assblasted

Explain Deans one match with Eric Rowan being better than any of Romans?

Or HHH vs Dean being better than that shitfest Roman had against HHH.

And do you honest to god think Roman could put on a better match against John Cena than
Dean? Or that Dean wouldn't have made that shitter of a tables match with Big Show actually good and exciting?

lets not forget the 2+ '''vet''' Roman having worse spear than Goldberg a guy only 6 months into his singles career.
>>
>>1415480
The question is though: Is really WWE going to give up on him as top face? Or they will let Roman become the defacto heel of our generation?
>>
I noticed on Smackdown when they did a recap of Raw, they didn't mute the boos.

Could be signaling a heel turn
>>
>>1416292
>Or Brock vs Roman being better than that shitfest Dean had against Brock.

Different matches. Dean vs Brock was a shitfest because it was supposed to be extreme rules but it did nothing extreme, something people expected. It was just shit booking, basically.

Quite frankly Roman vs Brock was ONLY saved by Seth cashing in, other than that people would call it shit.
>>
>>1415798
You seem to forgot tht time he jobbed to Gregory fucking Helms
>>
>>1416230
He made the decision to have Roman lose as clean as possible at Money in the bank.
>>
>>1415861
>Roman is kayfabe suspended and will win the title when he comes back
>n-no ... m-muh winning s-side f-fedora
Hehehehe
>>
>>1416450
True but is that Vince being upset at the situation or VKM being upset directly at Deano?
>>
>>1416450
>Roman still gets a visual pinfall
>Takes a second pedigree after the amazing spear-counter spot just because.

And yet I still believe that for Vince, that's as clean as possible.
>>
>>1415798
Rollins got a Miz run with the championship. Because he cashed in money in the bank. They were trying to sell the fact that he didn't deserve to be champion and needed to be bailed out because he was inferior in some way to all of his opponents since he didn't really 'win' the championship. I mean, just look at it, he lost a match clean before he cashed in. They never meant for him to have power levels anywhere close to Roman, but it backfired because he started doing shit in the ring that legit got him over, or at the very least put him on the same level as the guys he was facing.

Basically, the booking worked with a guy like Miz because he had great heel mic work but not much in ring talent and the fans saw that. With Rollins, they saw that he had great in ring ability and contradicted it with him going over dirty and made people wonder why that booking was even necessary.
>>
>>1416970
I am in the minority probably, but Miz cash in was my 3d favorite overall.
>>
>>1417014
Looking back, it probably generated the most legit heel heat of any of them. Only one that might come close is Punk on Hardy to start his SeS run.
>>
>>1415480
>without a doubt
you're not very smart are you?
>>
>>1415729
>Something other than faces and heels will work
>HI MY NAME IS ANON AND I'VE BEEN WATCHING WRESTLING FOR A WHOLE 2 MONTHS XD I LOOOVE THE SHIELD!!!!!
please PLEASE PLEASE have sex.
>>
>>1416565
>>or VKM being upset directly at Deano?
You mean Roman?

Well, Roman created the situation so there's no difference. They knew going into the PPV about the wellness violation so that title was getting off Roman without a doubt.

>>1416943
Roman got all sorts of spots that were in his favor, including a rest spot (of course) but the incredible babyface Rollins managed to pick up the win anyway. Vince could have had Dean run out during the match like Seth did. Instead he waited until after the title was off Roman. He wanted no shenanigans. Seth beat Roman clean, 1 2 3.
>>
>all these smarks thinking that Roman's recent pop gaffe will matter in the long-term
>they still think Austin, Razor Ramon and Mick Foley are """shilling""" for the WWE

Even if you ignore the latter two Austin pretty much hinted that Roman was swimming in muscle relaxers which are banned if used in enormous amounts in the WWE.
>>
>>1417790
What's wrong with muscle relaxers? Seth uses them too
>>
>>1417791
Keyword: swimming
>>
>>1417793
What's the difference?
>>
>>1417790

Yeah, it would HAVE to be some recreational shit that Vince decided he looks down on because Vince doesn't use it.

No fucking way Roman got suspended over steroids.

Even so, Shawn Michaels got suspended for steroids in the early 90s, and spent the rest of the decade high off his tits, and STILL got pushed to the moon. Maybe him actually being GOOD had something to do with it, but I don't see Roman's push being completely derailed over this. Unless it's Scott Hall level crippling addiction, and he hasn't shown up to shows noticeably stoned so it probably isn't
>>
>>1417790
Orton pissing dirty ultimately had several long-term repercussions for his career: the most of which being that he never truly fulfilled his potential as THE Guy.

Sound familiar?

>>1417819
>Even so, Shawn Michaels got suspended for steroids in the early 90s, and spent the rest of the decade high off his tits, and STILL got pushed to the moon.

Are you seriously comparing WWE's locker room culture from 20ish years ago to the present day?
>>
>>1417823
Orton was doing hard and sick shit, Roman isn't even doping or going 420.

His suspension is as harmful as Hornswoggle's inability to pee in command.
>>
>>1417869
So he's never going to appear on WWE programming again before getting released?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.