[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about the world champion and women's champion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
How do you feel about the world champion and women's champion appearing on tv every week?

Personally I prefer the way NXT does it. Joe and Asuka only appear like once a month. It makes them seem like a big deal and truly the top people in their division. It makes me more exicted to see them when they do show up. I liked Brock's reign for this very reason. The world champ should almost never wrestle on free TV.
>>
I want fewer belts and fighting champions
>>
>>1410717
I hate it. Brock's reign made me want to stop watching.
>>
>>1410717
They should appear regularly (not necessarily weekly) for brief interviews and segments. She shouldn't be massively involved or have too many matches. As it happens now, they wrestle every week and appear in several more segments. It's too much exposure, which leads to people getting bored with their reign.
>>
>>1410717
Once a month might be pushing it but they really don't need to be out there every week. Twice a month is better. Do a couple promos or segments but don't wrestle.
>>
>>1410717
Different circumstances.
On a national/global product such as WWE, hinged so heavily around its centerpieces, the Champion NEEDS to remain a consistent, steady presence. He's the focal point of the entire brand.
NXT is a much more contained, small-scale thing, only gifted an hour weekly. The Champs can be built up through other means than on-screen face-time, due to not being so heavily relied upon.
Also, half the reason Balor never appeared was because he was too boring to maintain consistent showings.
>>
Nothing wrong with slow burn booking for title feuds. Problem is other than Bork no one is really that believable in a role of a guy who only wrestlers once a month as he doesn't have anything to prove since he won shit everywhere he went to.
>>
>>1410725
This. The champion does not need 20-30 minutes every episode dedicated to them. It should be used on guys that need developing. On NXT everybody gets time, they rotate the talent.
>>
>Not having the champ come out every week and tell you why he is the best in the business right now

Then what is the fucking point of the belt?
>>
Because if someone pays however much a ticket to Raw costs, they're gonna wanna see the fucking champ?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.