[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wrestling opinions you have that others don't share
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7
File: unnamed.jpg (91 KB, 642x722) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
91 KB, 642x722
>Donovan Dijak is a very impressive specimen. The Cass of ROH if you would. However he needs a new finisher. The Backbreaker rack dropped into knee lift is too similar to the GTS which in itself is already a terrible finisher.

>Cedric Alexander is literally in the need of a massive gimmick change. He's literally "Generic Flippy Black man." I've made the joke that if you were to lowkey replace Jason Jordan with Cedric, Chad wouldn't be able to tell the difference that is how generic Cedric is "image wise."

>Sunny Dhinsa and Gzim Selmani are Vince McMahon's answer to not being able to afford Hanson and Raymond Rowe. They're the Tag-Team who will be fighting with American Alpha come the next Takeover. I really hope War Machine kill The Young Bucks and take the PWG World Tag-Team Championships.

>Frankie Kazarian and Christopher Daniels should be drafted to the Smackdown brand because its only a matter of time before Hunter buys literally every single former TNA X-Division star still active competing in super indie dates (Kaval might be the one exception since he's banned from Japan, banned from ROH, banned from PWG, and WWE thinks he isn't the greatest high flyer ever)

>Hiroshi Tanahashi is going to wrestle and keep wrestling until he literally dies in the ring. Gedo is a butt munch who like Vince, likes stars who're workhorses but hates evolving past a certain level. I full expect 11 more Okada/Tanahashi matches at every WrestleKindom.

>You think its possible for someone like Matt Sydel to get a kind of Brian Kendrick like deal out of NXT? I get he's been on multiple suspensions because of his insatiable addiction to Spice but c'mon Brian is a chronic user of weed, mushrooms, LSD and anything that allows him to make his Youshoots 12/10.
>>
Have sex bro.
>>
>>1409341

>This coming from the fat virgin faggot that is Carter

I've seen your same IP in literally every thread on this board the one who desperately needs to put a gun in his mouth is yours.
>>
>>1409334
Sasha Banks vs Bayley was easily five stars
>>
I hate anybody that isn't Kane or Undertaker doing the tombstone piledriver.
>>
>>1409550

Easily on Sasha making that little shit Izzy cry

Shit was hilarious
>>
Tamina's farts would smell the best. I know people talk about the other girls more, but I feel like to get that real meaty, eye-watering flavour you'd go to her.
>>
>>1409584

Can you sound anymore like a faggot queer

EY and Petey Williams have the goat Piledrivers
>>
File: 1466372343952.gif (3 MB, 200x175) Image search: [Google]
1466372343952.gif
3 MB, 200x175
>GTS is a bad finisher
>>
>>1409612

Please KYS
>>
>>1409615

I've seen worst finishers. Looking at Alberto's shitty Double Footstomp and Seth Rollins Pedigree
>>
>>1409621
But have you seen worse finishers?
>>
>>1409617
I'm not saying your favorite girl's farts don't smell great too, man. Don't get so hot.
>>
>>1409646

Please put a gun in your mouth
>>
>>1409638

Depends upon the promotion
>>
>>1409334
I think Moose is a terrible wrestler and can't believe WWE is interested in him for NXT.
>>
People like Dijak.

>>1409334
>>Cedric Alexander is literally in the need of a massive gimmick change. He's literally "Generic Flippy Black man." I've made the joke that if you were to lowkey replace Jason Jordan with Cedric, Chad wouldn't be able to tell the difference that is how generic Cedric is "image wise."

fuck off racist
>>
>>1409334
I think Reigns is a good wrestler. He could've been a great face if WWE didn't push Bluetista when he came back. If Reigns won the rumble a year earlier he'd be fine.
>>
>>1409615
An AA knee to the back of the head would be better. Kinda like a fireman's carry into a backbreaker but misplaced slightly.
>>
>>1409966
>If Reigns won the rumble a year earlier he'd be fine.

When he was even greener and far less established in singles? Sure. Whatever you say.
>>
>>1409952
nobody thinks moose is good he's just fun
>>
File: BestDropkickEver.gif (2 MB, 366x208) Image search: [Google]
BestDropkickEver.gif
2 MB, 366x208
>>1409974
>Moose isn't good
>>
>>1409966
Only memelords believe he's not a good wrestler. He's not a great one like AJ Styles but he is good enough to be a main eventer.

>b-bbut h-he o-only h-has 5 moves o-or l-lless
>b-bbut h-he got c-ccarried b-by the best wrestlers in the world

All the criticisms Cena received when he was first champion are the same criticisms Roman is receiving now.
>>
>>1409996
>but he is good enough to be a main eventer

During an era where the WWE has one of its deepest talent pools ever?

Clearly, not.
>>
>>1409995
yeah he's crazy athletic and that's it

he can get better tho
>>
>>1410004
He's freakishly STRONK too.

Far better than somebody as green as he is has any right to be.
>>
>>1409999
Every era had deep talent pools and you're overrating all these outlel darlings coming over
>>
>>1409996

Cena's first great match was with JBL at Judgment Day, wasn't it? Even Kurt Angle and Jericho weren't getting great matches out of Cena within that same year.
>>
>>1409334

How the fuck did Lo-Ki get banned from Japan, ROH, and PWG?
>>
>>1409615

Only when Punk does it against large opponents. Someone who actually LIFTS or someone using it against small opponents makes it look a lot crisper.
>>
darren young is pretty good

>>1409974
they'll change his name and music so he'll be shit
>>
>>1409952

Think about what you just said. You SERIOUSLY can't believe that the WWE is interested in a 6'8'' 300 lbs former NFL player who isn't a very good wrestler?

REALLY?

They eat that shit up.

Also, you're wrong, Moose is decent. Considering he's still relatively new to wrestling, he's pretty on point with the fundamentals and shit. He's just not particularly ring smart due to relatively little experience, and he's too big to do the flippyshit retards like you mark out over.
>>
>>1409996

That doesn't make those criticisms illegitimate. And Cena had some charisma to start with.

The problem is that Roman's only charisma is the sort of charisma he had in the SHIELD. The big, brawling, doesn't fucking talk too much sort of charisma. And the retards in WWE tried to force Cena's type of charisma on him. Which was obviously a disaster.

Reigns IS good enough in the ring to be a main eventer if he had Peak Rock levels of charisma. He doesn't have that level of charisma however.
>>
>>1410176

You really wanna know? I shit you not he got banned from Japan for cosplaying a copyright character when they specifically instructed him not to

He wanted to dress in an Agent 47 attire
>>
>>1410182

Albeit very generic. In ring wise he's at Xavier and Kofi's level
>>
>>1409334
Bayley will flop on the roster, she sucks. Just because one autistic girl likes her doesn't mean she is the next Cena.
>>
File: images-6.jpg (6 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
6 KB, 183x275
>>1409334
> outlaw wrestling
>>
>>1410229
>Moose is at Xavier and Kofi's level

I feel you're massively under-rating both of those guys.
Xavier, that's easy to do, because he barely wrestles. But he's pretty fucking good.
Kofi's great, though. Outright great. REALLY athletic with some good technical chops; kinda clumsy sometimes, tho.
Moose is good but isn't on their level yet. I can see him getting there, though.

>>1410188
>Reigns IS good enough in the ring to be a main eventer if he had Peak Rock levels of charisma. He doesn't have that level of charisma however.

What the fuck kind of retard thing to say is this?
>x is good enough to be a main eventer if he had the exact thing that made the Rock a main event draw

No shit. I could be a basketball player if I was as good as Lebron, surprise surprise artard.
>>
>>1410021
>Every era had deep talent pools

Please try reading the whole sentence.

>implying outlels

He's also lagging behind the homegrown guys like Rusev & Big E.
>>
>>1410183
>and he's too big to do the flippyshit retards like you mark out over.

Moose was over as fuck in ROH & NJPW
>>
>>1410246
99% of Bayley's fans are fat neckbeards, who make up a large portion of the audience
>>
>>1409996
>All the criticisms Cena received when he was first champion are the same criticisms Roman is receiving now.

No they're not. Cena was hot as fuck when he started out his face run at the point in his career relative to where Reigns is, now.
And even so, he never faced anyone so much better than him such as the Reigns/AJ comparison. He had to, and did carry his load in matches.
Please try to make it at least SEEM like you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>1409334
Summer Rae is better than Sasha Banks
>>
File: iron%20sheik.jpg (18 KB, 288x320) Image search: [Google]
iron%20sheik.jpg
18 KB, 288x320
>>1409334
Bring back the Arabian gimmick instead of running away from it.
>>
>>1410176
He cosplayed Agent 47 against Ibushi without acknowledgement
>>
>>1410250

>Its a carter reminds us he has a small penis response

Please end yourself you fat worthless sack of garbage
>>
>>1410360

Raw fucking killed her. I think NXT along with a lot of other girls (looking at Sasha and Charlotte) got to hide their flaws in front of a smaller audiance
>>
File: champ.gif (156 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
champ.gif
156 KB, 260x187
>Dolph Ziggler is the greatest seller in the history of wrestling
>MVP was a top-tier heel who deserved a world title run
>there is literally nothing wrong with using regular moves (e.g. DDT, clothesline, punch, etc.) as finishers, as long as they're put over more than their generic counterparts
>more matches should end with standard moves or submissions instead of finishers to make every pinfall and submission application suspenseful
>THE Brian Kendrick is one of the most naturally charismatic wrestlers ever and he deserves to win the Cruiserweight Classic and get another push like he did in 2008 (he also no longer smokes weed)
>there is nothing wrong with 50/50 booking, Creative is just fucking incompetent
>the brand split never should have ended in the first place
>Lita was the only female wrestler in WWE history who was actually entertaining
>there is literally nothing wrong with using steroids in professional wrestling since it's not a competitive sport
>WWE should have an off-season of some sort to give the roster time to rest up
>a little comedy is fine but overbearing comedy segments and gimmicks have no place in wrestling, neither do celebrities
>anyone who formally retires from wrestling should never be allowed to wrestle again under any circumstance
>>
>>1410228
Seriously? That's a stupid way to fuck up your career. He could have gotten away with it if he hadn't brought along the dual Silverballers, desu. Then he'd just have been a bald guy in a suit.
>>
>>1411423

Even still, Low Ki really isn't that modestly different from a lot of high flyers
>>
>>1411416

>>MVP was a top-tier heel who deserved a world title run

This theme right here is World Championship worthy and anyone who doesn't think otherwise is a faggot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x83EaFmrGtA
>>
>>1409334
>>Donovan Dijak is a very impressive specimen. The Cass of ROH if you would

You say he's very impressive, yet you then call him the "Cass of RoH".
Cass is shit, though.
>>
>John Cena has been heel for at least 8 years now and nobody noticed
> The brand split should have never ended
> King of the Ring should come back
> Heel authority figures are boring now
>>
>>1411475

I mean in ring wise and mass.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (142 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
142 KB, 1280x720
>>1411519

>> King of the Ring should come back

End Yourself
>>
>>1411527
If it was built properly, and not just given to people they intend nothing for, it would be awesome.
>>
>>1411527
He's absolutely right, faggot. WWE has a sore lack of tournaments, other than the upcoming CWC.
>>
>>1411387
> wewtist getting upset
> every shitposter is cuckter
Take your projecting and your irrelevant outlaw shit back to wew faggot
>>
Dolph Ziggler is a great performer and I think he deserved a WWE title run
>>
>>1411461
Considering that he's not really a high-flyer at all I'd contend that he's vastly different to them.
>>
>>1411599

Enjoy your ban Carter
>>
>>1412278

Dude is a multi time World Champion
>>
>Stone Cold had his best matches in 2001 and it isn't close

>Anyone who was a top guy in the Hulkamania era would still work today due to their charisma

>Undertaker is the most overrated wrestler of all time, people unironically put him in their top five list cause of longevity and nothing else

>Finger Poke of Doom was a good move for WCW as the ratings went up in shows that followed, just a shame that the nWo angle never actually had a payoff

>Shawn Michaels being a complete wrestler is a myth. He was barely passable as a face on the mic, and as a heel he either just said gay jokes or went into business for himself by burying someone. When he was the face of the company, it was an utter failure and they were planning on fucking Warrior of all people to take the belt off him. Sid was getting cheered over him almost everywhere. Jericho was better at every aspect and he proved this in both of their feuds.
>>
>>1412306
>Sid was getting cheered over him almost everywhere.

Sid got cheered over Hogan during both their feuds too
>>
>>1412308
Hogan was stale after eight years and people were tired of him

Michaels won the belt a few months before and people were already sick of him
>>
>>1412310
You know where Survivor Series 1996 took place, right?
>>
>>1412313
So? He got a great reaction during the Curtain Call, he just became stale as the champion
>>
>>1412313

New York.
>>
>>1412306
>>Undertaker is the most overrated wrestler of all time, people unironically put him in their top five list cause of longevity and nothing else

I fully agree with this.
WWE literally go out and say he's the GOAT; I can think of like 10, probably even 15 people who go ahead of him in any serious GOAT ranking.
And if we're talking about just all-around talent, and not where you rank in the history books, there's WAY more than 15 ahead of him.
>>
>>1412306
WCW drew 30,000+ people to the fingerpoke of doom show. They came back a few months later and drew a fraction of that number. Not a coincidence.
>>
Disco Inferno is the most underrated worker and should have been world champ
>>
>>1412368
The product was garbage after and it's "payoff" was a Hogan tweener turn and the nWo disappearing until nWo 2000. Look at the ratings 4 weeks before FPOD

>4.2
>4.2
>4.2
>4.0
>4.6

Finger poke of doom gets a 5.0. 5 weeks after

>5.0
>4.4
>5.0
>4.7
>5.7
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.