[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this formula so common?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: drewgallowaytnachamp.jpg (37 KB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
drewgallowaytnachamp.jpg
37 KB, 600x336
>wrestler toils away on the WWE lower midcard before being future endeavored
>fucks off to TNA/the indies and almost immediately gets a huge main event run
>eventually comes back to WWE as a credible superstar and gets a comfortable upper midcard or even main event position
We've seen it with Christian, the Hardys, Ron Killings, and so on. We're seeing it right now with Drew Galloway, Ken Anderson, and Bobby Lashley. Why can't WWE make their own stars anymore? Why do they have to essentially outsource the hard part to everyone else? How the fuck does TNA of all places manage to consistently succeed where WWE fails?
>>
WWE can't make stars because Vince thinks having only one face of the company is a good idea.

We should have several people in the main event picture who get title shots, not just SHIELDs and optional Haitch/Cena.
>>
Yeah because Bully Ray is a title holder and Austin Aries is the NXT Champion...oh wait
>>
>>1407951
>Bully Ray
10 time tag team champion, dudes already a legend, he's basically there to make everyone else look good now
>Austin Aries
Never in WWE before hand, straight up TNA guy. Which is funny because Joe is the current champ
>>
>>1407951
I didn't say everyone, you fucking retard. There's a reason I didn't include them in my post.
>>
>>1407941
Because most of the WWE roster have a lot of talent but they can only realistically push 5-10 at a time, thus some of the jobbers may risk moving to show their worth elsewhere.
>>
>>1407971
>implying WWE pushes anybody besides their chosen few goldenboys

FIFTY
FIFTY
BOOKING
>>
>>1407941
Pretty obvious:
>WWE doesn't want to push people who aren't on their immediately chosen to-do list
>guys leave
>because they were WWE – even in a low-card position – they have more name-recognition than 99% of the indies
>get pushed
>make more of a name
>WWE siphon off of what they've built and bring them back as someone more worthwhile
>>
>>1407971
There's a very, very large grey area between making everyone on your roster a John Cena and making all but three or four of your guys look like weak fucking jobbers.
>>
>>1407991
yep, but WWE can't book for shit.

So you're either a jobber who gets paid a decent salary or you risk going elsewhere and showing how good you are.
>>
>>1407941
WWE are incompetent and lazy. 50/50 booking and a lack of midcard storylines ensures nobody but the top few guys look good. Fans will not invest in a roster full of geek and nobodies.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.