[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's time to stop having the "Which member of the Shield
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: deez.jpg (17 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
deez.jpg
17 KB, 300x168
It's time to stop having the "Which member of the Shield is killing ratings the most" argument. The wrestlers have nothing to do with it. I start watching Raw again after Wrestlemania every year to see what the new storylines will be, I usually make it about this far, sometimes to Summerslam. I always watch the Royal Rumble.

The problem isn't any wrestler, the problem is that there isn't any build-up anymore. There's no heat at all. Triple H said wrestlers aren't inherently good or bad anymore, but that's just a clever way of saying "Character development is hard and we don't feel like doing it anymore."

Plus, why is every PPV match on Raw AND Smackdown every. single. week. Like build-up heat, don't make these guys fight. Where is the anticipation? Why am I going to tune in to a fight I've seen twice every week for the last month? Because it's slightly longer and has 2 or 3 more high spots?

And finally, having a "Face of the company". The WWE doesn't realize people don't bitch and moan and boo at Cena and Reigns because we want someone else to be the face of the company. We do it because we don't want someone to be the face of the company. Why do you have an entire roster of wrestlers if you are going to parade out the same asshole every night?

From 1998 to 2002, the height of WWEs popularity, there were 12 different wrestlers that held the WWE championship over the course of 4 years. From the time of Cena's first reign over the same span of 4 years, only half as many at 6.

What are there, 40, maybe 50 guys on the roster? Ratings are in the dump, might as well save some money and fire 35 guys since you only use 10 of them in the first place.
>>
It also doesn't these guys have the flattest character's in the world.

Dean
>Lol guys I'm so kooky look at me
>Let me just no sell, clothesline, smack you on the chest some and then suicide dive
>I also cut promos like I haven't slept in 3 years
Seth
>Amazing moveset
>Shitty chicken shit heel STILL after many years
Roman
>Good moveset
>Can't cut a promo so he has to rehash the same scripted shit every week
>Ugly
>Still looks like he's in the shield

These guys are the most 1 dimensional main eventers I've seen in a long while.

Where's fucking Orton when you need him
>>
>>1404530
>>1404544
tl;dr
>>
>>1404548
Go back to 2nd grade nerd
>>
>>1404544
>Orton

You almost had me until you gave it away right at the end.
>>
>>1404530
>I start watching Raw again after Wrestlemania every year

So your opinion is pretty much worthless compared to people who tune in 52 weeks a year
>>
>>1404530
Holy fuck nigga y r ya writing a novel
>>
File: 1462148563624.png (81 KB, 193x224) Image search: [Google]
1462148563624.png
81 KB, 193x224
>can't get basically into any wrestler in WWE because they're all fucking generic, from look to movesets
>only wrestler you really like is Rusev because he does good heel shit while also being athletic bear mode; maybe Harper too
>start watching LU
>people actually have gimmicks
>as goofy as some are, they still take it seriously
>god tier fucking short movies showing you more about the characters so you care about them a bit more, get to know their background or motivations
>actual fun matches that don't take 20 minutes with 15 of it being rest holds or both wrestlers laying on the mat

I finished watching Grave Consequences today. That was probably the best casket match I've ever seen. Heel that destroys the shit out of face with intensity and not just slowly doing shitty punches over and over is what got me going. Based fucking Mil.
>>
>>1405210
Is that your only response? Admit it you hate yourself. You self loathing worthless piece of shit. I bet if you weren't able to shitpost on an imaginary table making forum you'd fucking kill yourself. Id hate to see the disappointment on your moms face everytime she comes down to the basement to find you sitting on your fat ass in your underwear giggling at your filthy computer while you make another dean thread.
>>
>>1405216
Ye
>>
>>1405213
>yfw imagining Rusev in LU as an unsuspecting Bulgarian who has no clue about Lucha culture and just rips motherfuckers to pieces
>"El Rusevo"
>>
>>1405223
Basically slav version of Cage.

Shit, I dig it. Wish Cody went to LU with his mask or Stardust gimmick. Shit could be gold.

I'm amazed how LU can actually get a good match out of basically everyone. Every single episode I watched so far had at least one "oh fuck" moment, with either some insane dive, rope jumping, or some innovative move. I love it. Starting to dig Son of Havoc lately after he dumped Ivelisse.

And also, Striker & Vampiro have great chemistry and I love the commentary. Comparing it to Maggle "Dublya DUBLYA eh" Cole or Byron "WOW" Saxton or JBL who just bullies Byron all day, this is incredible.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.