[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How satisfying was it to hear Roman shutting down the haters on Raw?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 9
File: 1444068363527.jpg (1 MB, 2555x2554) Image search: [Google]
1444068363527.jpg
1 MB, 2555x2554
>"For all the dudes chanting that I can't wrestle, calm down, relax, take a sip of your bear and shut your mouth"

it was fucking retarded for the idiots to chant that at him, they probably don't even know why they don't like him, just think its cool to shit on him
>>
For that reason was necessary a turn heel for him.

If he is a face, he can't respond the insults lile that people deserve. Now, like heel or tweener, he can naturally call idiots to the crowd
>>
>>1404383
Agreed. Those idiots actually paid for their tickets and most of those money would go to this piece of shit.
I'm hoping against hope that maybe they learned their lesson and next time they'll stay at home.
>>
>>1404383
>>1404391
Typical Stamford Wives response.
>>
hi FedoRamen

>>1404391
>I'm hoping against hope that maybe they learned their lesson and next time they'll stay at home.

They are, judging by ticket sales for his live event tours.
>>
>>1404383
>take a sip of your bear
>bear
Romarks confirmed for underage retards
>>
>>1404394
>ironically "agreeing" with OP
>hoping that they won't go to the show so ticket sales are lower
>stamford wife
Care to read what you're replying to?
>>
>>1404383
>they probably don't even know why they don't like him
besides being boring on a show that's meant to be entertaining?
>>
>>1404383
BASED ROMAN
>>
>>1404383
I actually liked that, it was a pretty good rebuttal. He obviously has a shit-ton of potential as a smug, golden-boy Heel.
THIS is a guy that would hugely benefit from some Heel authority's backing.
>>
>>1404399
Don't you like bear faggot? What is wrong with you?
>>
>>1404383
>>1404391
XD
>>
>>1404399
This exact thread, right down to the typo, is on /woo/ right now as well
>>
>>1404405
Pretty much this. Reigns is decent in-ring and is being wasted with this John Cena type booking. He's extremely good looking and far from some generic NXT tag team member.
>>
>>1404415
Nothing new there
>>
>>1404415
/asp/ copying content from /woo/ because this board is dead as fuck? say it ain't so
>>
>>1404416
Why don't you go to /hm/ faggot
>>
>>1404397
>ticket sales for his live event tours.
Yes, that was good news. Let's hope for more good news in the future.
>>
>>1404416
>Reigns is decent in-ring

Is he? 'Cause he's yet to show it.

>and far from some generic NXT tag team member.

Yeah: pretty much everybody in the NXT tag division is way fucking better than him.
>>
>>1404430
I can't watch NXT sometimes because the Tag Team Division on a good day, is worst than Roman's most boring promo or match.
>>
>>1404434
Your english is so bad that i can't understand what you are trying to say
I don't think you are old enough to be here
>>
>>1404383
Roman was legit butthurt.

You could see him welling back tears.
>>
>>1404434
Imagine having taste that's this shit.

>he isn't READY, WILLING & GABLE
>>
>>1404438
There's exactly one punctuation error and one typo in there. That's worse than your post.
>>
>>1404434
>preferring Ramen to based Jordan, based Gable, based Revival and based Hype Bros
Awful taste
>>
>>1404460
You forgot the based Aussies, based Ciampa and based BAMF.

>BAMF

Shut up I like them.
>>
File: 4353535345.jpg (31 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
4353535345.jpg
31 KB, 601x508
>>1404383
I JUST watched raw and paused immediately at that moment to come here and make this thread , but you already have ! As a human being, for the first time I genuinely felt bad for this poor guy lol he looks really depressed guys trying to live his dream man give it a rest Daniel Bryan is kill.>>1404383
>>
>>1404416
>Roman is decent in the ring

He is below average, at best. The guy has just had like his last 5 feuds with some of the best workers in the company.
>>
>>1404468
He and Big Show had Big Shows best match for years
>>
>>1404465
>trying to live his dream
You seriously believe that?
He could not care less about wrestling, he only got here because of his family.
>>
>>1404463
>BAMF
Didn't watch while they were in their hayday, what does that name stand for, Blake And Murphy Family? Also don't really get their gimmick
>>
>>1404383
They should give Roman a gimmick where he gets pissed at the fans and challenges smarks to come from the crowd to fight him in the ring if they think he can't wrestle... then they have some ridiculous looking fat ass plant come from the crowd wearing a CM punk t shirt and get his ass kicked
>>
>>1404470
False
>>
>>1404465
It was the chant and the clarity of it "you can't wrestle"

I mean, he can wrestle he just gets shitbad writing especially for someone who clearly isn't confident on the mic yet.
>>
>>1404450
Everytime he makes a statement it really seems like he's bothered by the boos. Why is he such a beta? Also he really couldn't wrestle in that match. Seth literally chain-wrestled his ass off for a bit and Roman couldn't follow at all. He even screwed up an easy move.

Future endeavor Roman now or turn him into samoan silent monster heel for life. The man should never be allowed to make interviews without the explicit presence of a WWE official at his side.

>>1404470
Which I'm inclined to believe Big Show carried 80% of.
>>
File: smark vs wrestler.jpg (21 KB, 353x300) Image search: [Google]
smark vs wrestler.jpg
21 KB, 353x300
>>1404477
Would mark for this
>>
>>1404474
Blake Alexa Murphy Factor. Doesn't work anymore because Alexa left them
>>
>>1404485
He's always making passive aggressive comments about smarks in interviews. He's thin skinned
>>
>>1404465
>give it a rest Daniel Bryan is kill.

Apologists still forcing the "they only boo him because of Bryan' meme? That's sad.

>his dream

You know why there's footage of guys like Seth & John playing wrestler and acting out being crowned the champion as kids but none of it for Roman?

Because it never fucking happened.

>>1404481
>I mean, he can wrestle

Just nowhere close to as well as the majority of his peers.
>>
>>1404474
>>1404489
It was Blake And Murphy Factor initially.

Their gimmick is pretty low-key, they're just cocky douchebags. Feuding with Enzo & Cass and the blowoff match at Unstoppable was probably their peak.
>>
>>1404416
It's obvious you want his cock, but decent in ring? Hell nah.
>>
>>1404430
>>1404468
Lads, I think Roman's a shitter too, but he's a shitter because he has zero mic-work or charisma.
In-ring he's at the very least "decent", you can't take that from him. He doesn't shine, but he doesn't lag behind so much that he stops much better people from shining and making their matches with him great.
tl;dr yes, he's boring as fuck, but don't let that cloud your judgment and become butthurt about it
>>
I can't stand Roman as much as the next guy but that was an okay comeback. He had much, much worse ones.
>>
guys this is all a /wooo/ troll
he's trying to troll /asp/
>>
>>1404539
To be "decent" would imply that he's not objectively worse than everybody bar a handful of the roster.

None of whom are ever going to sniff the main event.

>but he doesn't lag behind so much that he stops much better people from shining and making their matches with him great.

Uh, but that's exactly what he does, even his "best" matches are well below the standards of the guys who carried him during them.
>>
>>1404566
I don't really care tbqh
Discussion can occur in a thread even if the OP is a low-tier troll
>>
>>1404566
>waaaaah someone has different opinions to me
quick! hit the downvote button
>>
>>1404570
>Uh, but that's exactly what he does, even his "best" matches are well below the standards of the guys who carried him during them.

He definitely didn't stop AJ and DBry from shining. They made their matches with him great and he was definitely along for the ride, but not a leaden weight. Hence decent. Never excelling, but not dragging. Just capable of getting his shit in.
He's not shit, he's alright. He's like a 5/10.
>>
>>1404570
>being this much of a blind hater

Roman v Bryan >>>>>>>> Punk v Bryan
>>
>Soneone says Roman is decent
>4 neckbeards get butyblasted and try to shut him down

BASED ROMAN WORKING THE SMARKS
>>
>>1404383
For about 20 seconds there he legit looked like he was about to cry.

Good for him that he finally managed a decent retort, for once.
>>
>>1404580
>shining
>great

I get that WWE marks are prone to hyperbole but this is silly.

I've seen Bryan have better matches against Orton taking a night off and I've seen AJ have better matches with a broken freakin' spine.
>>
>>1404582
>being this wrong

I don't recall Punk gasping for air 5 minutes in.
>>
>>1404592
>WWE marks

What?
Breh they both looked great in those matches. They did everything they could to make a match with someone of Roman's capabilities great, they were unabashed carry jobs and they put their all into them.
I've seen their work elsewhere, and I'm not even saying Roman is "good". I'm literally complimenting these other guys more-so than Roman and you're getting pissy calling me a WWE mark.
Calm yourself down, come back, try again.
>>
>>1404598
>he thinks anybody would be mad over his lack of standards

Nah m8. Nah.

They were still well below their standards, I.E. literally being dragged down by Reigns.

Sorry.
>>
>>1404604
You honestly do seem kinda mad. You're getting insulted and saying people have low standards, when you're clearly just being biased because you hate Roman.
I don't even like him myself, I'm just saying that AJ and DBry made those matches really good, and I can at least accept Roman didn't fuck that up.
If you don't want people to think you're angry, don't act that way, breh
>>
>>1404595
I don't recall any of the 3 Punk/Bryan matches either
>>
>>1404609
Then you should probably watch them again.
>>
>>1404608
>all this BatSignal-tier projecting

Lawd.

>Roman didn't fuck that up.

His individual performance in those matches were lacking, his suplexes on Bryan looked fucking pathetic.
>>
>>1404616
>projecting
People still use this word?
I mean, I'm not saying he was up-to-par with them. But he didn't drag THEM down. They're both some of their generation's best and went out of their way to do whatever they could with a guy who was almost a warm body.
Anybody below decent would've been so poor that he marred their ability to do so.
>>
One half decent comeback does not atone for things like tater tots.
>>
>>1404621
What part of "those matches were far below their usual standard" are you struggling to grasp, lad?
>>
>>1404430
Mate, if you watch those ppvs with AJ and tell me that he can't work you're ludicrous and close minded. I don't like him as a character either and sure AJ did his best to make him look good but he can hold his own and get himself over just fine in ring.
>>
>>1404629
But both guys clearly went out of their way to assure that their individual performances were above-and-beyond.
Not even accounting Reigns, the work those guys put into that match was A+ effort even by their standards. As it had to be to squeeze that quality out of someone like Roman.
Hence, hard-as-fuck carry jobs.
>>
>>1404637
And, like you said, they put in A+ effort but that still resulted in C+ matches.

Because Roman a shit.
>>
>>1404630
Maybe you should direct your praise to the tables since they did more spots and took more bumps in those matches than Ramen.
>>
>>1404643
See this is why I think you're being ludicrous.
Those matches were far from C+. You can't have a C+ match with DBry and AJ going THAT balls-in unless you're like Titus or Braun or some shit.
>>
>>1404643
Once again

Reigns had a better match with Bryan than Punk
Reigns had a better match with Big Show than Punk

He's better than Punk at the very least
>>
>>1404647
>unless you're like Titus or Braun

But he is like them: really not a very good wrestler. ^_^
>>
>>1404648
It's not your fault Punk left.
>>
>>1404653
Do you really think he's on the levels of Titus and Braun?
Because if that's the case, I'm just going to have to write you off as horribly biased. Because THOSE guys are outright, objective shit.

>>1404648
>Roman
>better than Punk

Lets not get retarded here familia
>>
>>1404660
He's better than them, but not by a significant enough margin.

>biased

Consider that maybe, just maybe, instead of thinking Reigns is shit because I don't like him...that I don't like Reigns because I think he's shit?

Ponder that for a while.
>>
>>1404383
>take a sip of your bear
barbaric
>>
>>1404383
>"For all the dudes chanting that I can't wrestle, calm down, relax, take a sip of your bear and shut your mouth"
Not an argument.
>>
>>1404669
barbearic*
missed out on a terrible pun
>>
>>1404667
The presumed bias comes from you taking it to farcical levels. Again, I'm no fan, but he's proven to be capable of doing his limited array of spots, and that is by definition decent; serviceable; workable.
Titus and Braun are 1's and 2's. Roman's a 5. There's a significant margin between them, not due to Roman's virtues, but their own downfalls.
>>
>>1404675
Doing your handful of spots makes you decent?

Somebody better let Warrior know.
>>
>>1404677
That's not even a comparison to draw. Warrior's spots were not only far-more-basic, but he performed them worse.
What's the baseline of decent for you if not performing your end of the bargain to an acceptable, consistent, unexceptional degree?
>>
>Roman getting upset at the crowd for hating on him

HES RATTLED, wrestlers rarely respond directly to crowd chants, ramen is weak. KEEP IT GOING BASED BEAR DRINKERS
>>
>>1404681
>not even a comparison to draw

Au contraire, it's quite apt.

>both attempted successors to the Face of the Company
>both of them extremely limited in-ring and nonsensical on mic
>both of them needed to be led by the nose by some of the best in the industry
>both of them complete failures at selling tickets
>>
>>1404687
In those regards, yes, but we're speaking purely of ring-work.
And in ring-work, Warrior was outright unsafe shit even with his brass-tacks moveset. Roman doesn't hurt people, so you can't even begin to say he's warrior-tier.
>>
File: rain.jpg (45 KB, 1023x499) Image search: [Google]
rain.jpg
45 KB, 1023x499
>>1404383

>roman getting BTFO by the bear drinkers
>>
>>1404686
Next week roman cries in the ring *plz like me you guys :(*
>>
>>1404697
Well, it's not like Reigns can be unsafe like Warrior: 'cause he's not capable of picking them up and dropping them like that.
>>
>>1404705
>literally twisting that he's not an unsafe retard into somehow blemishing him

This is the type of shit that makes you appear biased.
Honestly, I don't know why I've wasted the time debating for a guy's in-ring capabilities who I don't even like in the first place, so, agree to disagree, I guess. Circles are being furiously ran in.
>>
>>1404712
I'm havin' a giggle m8.

Learn how to take the banter.
>>
>>1404718
There has been banter?
>>
>>1404647
Why do you gotta hate on Titus?
>>
>>1404727
Not on your part!
>>
>>1404751
He's fucking terrible, dude.
>>
>>1404762
He's not the best but he at least got over through personality and charisma, which is admittedly now pretty gone since he left the PTP, but he's not Brawny Stronkman style
>>
>>1404764
He's as over as any American who faces the evil foreign heel.

And he wasn't even that over at MITB.

Titus a shit. He managed to have bad matches in NXT against Zayn & Neville when they were killing it every time, he's utterly dreadful.
>>
>>1404718
Trolling is not banter
>>
>>1404775
Not even right now, I mean he had the USA chants and stuff, but he and Young were over. Is Darren Young a shit too?
>>
>>1404477
I hate Roman Reigns but this would be funny as fuck
>>
>>1404779
I think you just trolled yourself if you took obviously flippant remarks as seriously as you did.

Better luck next time, honey.
>>
>>1404781
D. Young is a solid wrestlah.

Neither of them warrant a singles push of any kind. PTP is the best it's getting for either of them.
>>
>it's a roman reigns match
>samoan drop
>that retarded ass looking punch he does
>same retarded punch on turnbuckle
>clothesline in the corner
>sit out powerbomb
>struggle to lift opponent for one arm powerbomb
>superman punch
>no sells opponents offense
>run the ropes into a spear
>repeat forever
holy shit please learn some new fucking moves, people bitch about cena but reigns is so predictable that he had the exact same match with rollins two nights in a row except the second had a worse finish
>>
>>1404788
Guy you were talking to, that wasn't me.
>honey
Kinda cringed tho
>>
>>1404582
Punk vs Bryan at OTL was way better than Roman vs Bryan
>>
It was the first fucking time he actually responded to the boos in a legitimate, human way. Being an entitled tool about it in shoot interviews and going "AAAHHHHH C'MOOOOOOOON" before his stupid The Guy promo was just obnoxious. This actually felt like a human response, to the point where it makes you wonder if he said it himself rather than having it fed to him.

Roman is at his best when he's angry. We LIKE HIM when he's angry. For fuck's sake, let him get pissed off.

>>1404405
No, no heel authority, no more smug chickenshit booking on the top bad guy in the show. Just have him as a chaos heel. Totally self-interested, he doesn't have anybody's help because he doesn't need anybody's help, if you cross him, he beats the shit out of you. If he wants a match, he gets it because if he doesn't, he'll spear the GM through a fucking wall until he does. When he's the champ and somebody wins the Royal Rumble, you're fucking scared for them because now they have to face this monster. THAT'S what they should do with Roman Reigns.
>>
Roman is so fucking based

He still has the MOTY
>>
>>1404920
This.

I fucking hate Roman and everything they've done to book him, but the worst thing is how they just ignore the crowd and pretend everyone loves him, it's like a Twilight Zone version of Cena's relationship with the fans all these years, the difference being Cena could always acknowledge and react in a natural way to what was going on, whereas Reigns was just awkward as hell and obviously being told not to acknowledge anything.

This works, have more like this. It's an actual personality and he's doing something that comes off as real. That's something people can buy into.
>>
>>1404833

Tbqh that's more moves than they let most of the roster perform. They ban so much it's probably somewhat out of his control.
>>
How can Roman have that AJ Styles match and not be able to wrestle
>>
>>1404833

>This entire post

What is wrong with you? Can't be over 14.
>>
>http://www.wwe.com/article/roman-reigns-suspended?sf29302844=1

ROMARKS BTFO
>>
>>1404700

Where you get that image from? /r/squaredcircle?
>>
>>1405227

>Romark

Why do you keep forcing this meaningless unfunny saying you overweight tar baby?
>>
>>1405205
AJ Styles is one of the best wrestlers on the planet. He could wrestle a sack of garbage and have a 4 star match.

Seth Rollins isn't as good at carrying bad workers as AJ is, which is why Rollins/Reigns was a shit match.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_539 May. 23 23.18.jpg (58 KB, 579x414) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_539 May. 23 23.18.jpg
58 KB, 579x414
>>1405277
>AJ Styles is one of the best wrestlers on the planet.

Isn't it a school night?
>>
HAHAHAHA
SUSPENDED
PRAISE KEK
>>
File: nash.gif (2 MB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
nash.gif
2 MB, 200x200
>>1405369
>>1405227
>WWE has suspended Joe Anoa`i (Roman Reigns) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy.
>>
BASED REIGNS
>>
>>1404383
that was just the roid rage talking.

I'm sure when he comes back he'll be polite
>>
>>1404383
Wonder if he told the Doctors to shut their mouth when they told him he couldn't wrestle
>>
File: ClNGWTvWQAAaMTU.jpg (430 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
ClNGWTvWQAAaMTU.jpg
430 KB, 2048x1536
>>1405296
If he's not number 1 today who do you think is?
>>
>>1405246
>SEETHING
>>
>>1404383
The funny thing is how the smarks booing him went silent like beta cucks for the rest of the segment.

Remember, these smarks also chanted "You can't wrestle" at John Cena and these same smarks voted for John Cena as the 3rd best wrestler in the world in their smark magazines.
>>
>>1406338
They chant because it makes them fee powerful

Roman hitting back completely emasculated them
>>
>>1404383
Not as satisfying as hearing that he got suspended for 30 days.
>>
File: romandrugs.png (634 KB, 697x392) Image search: [Google]
romandrugs.png
634 KB, 697x392
yeah well why don't you shut up and have a sip of your drugs Roman
>>
>>1406696
hater
>>
>>1406338
>3rd best wrestler in the world
>Smarks
>implying they had any say in it
If it were up to them it would be
1.AJ Styles
2.Nakamura
3.Daniel Bryan
>>
>>1407958
>Styles being the BITW

What's the problem? Your choice would be...?
>>
File: 1382118193528.jpg (26 KB, 331x473) Image search: [Google]
1382118193528.jpg
26 KB, 331x473
post yfw the fans were proven right and Roman LITERALLY cannot wrestle
>>
you cant wrestle for 30 days haha get rekt anti smarks
>>
>>1404686
Beer bellied sharecroppers.
>>
>>1404477
kek has something like this ever happened in wwe
>>
I'll admit, it was incredibly satisfying to see thin skin Roman get so easily rattled by a tiny handful of drunk louts.
Talk about not top guy material.
Cena would have handled it like a pro.
Roman got his boo boo face on and improv'd a TERRIBLE comeback that just showed how GOTTEN TO he was
>>
Just got around to watching raw and I cant blame him if that was off script because they started that chant as Dean expressed his intention to cash in on either individual. What was supposed to be a meaningful plot device in the slow burn towards his heel turn was instead deflected onto bullshit like "you cant wrestle". Its like John Cena all over again, or even dbry, where people just cant help but love or hate someone to the point where it detracts from the entire show and the direction in which it is headed.
>>
That was the no fucks given Roman and it was great. He already knew he blew the piss test. He just needs to give less fucks from now on
>>
>>1408985
>le Roman rattled

He wasn't rattled silly smark and everyone says something to shut smarks up even John Cena.
>>
>>1409012
FedoRamen shouldn't you be killing yourself now that your bbygrrrl is gone for 30 days?
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.