[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy desperatetly need a new finisher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7
Curbstomp was GOAT but I understand why it was banned. Then he used the pedigree because the authority shitmick but now doesn't make any sense to use it. I always hoped he would come up with something new for his return but nope, pedigree again.
>>
*Desperately needS. Yeah sorry for making your eyes bleed.
>>
>>1400483
Any suggestions/ideas
I actually have no idea
>>
>>1400483
Spear.
>>
>>1400483
>>1400492
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRG_wHfqbXg

People will say phoenix splash, but that's a shit choice. Can't give a workhorse main eventer something he can't pull off consistently well. He'd just kill himself.
>>
On Jericho's podcast, Seth said the decision to stop using the curb stomp came when Vince realized it was a very easy for kids to imitate. And Vince said he could easily see a young Stephanie or Shane doing that to each other. Plus once he started appearing on morning shows, the move wasn't something they wanted to show in the little clips that they show.

So Seth suggested the pedigree and had to convince HHH.

I think he should start using the Frog Splash to finish people off.
>>
I think he seems to have worked pretty hard on making the pedigree look legit while he's away. It probably looked so shit before because Brock, Kane and Sting couldn't sell it for shit, but it's looked a lot better on Ramen.

I semi-marked for the Speargree. If he can pull off more innovative shit like that then I'll be cool with it.

It would be especially awesome if they let him do a top rope pedigree as a fuck you to CuckMan.
>>
Pedigree is a good finisher.
If there is a man who needs a good finisher, it's Del Rio
>>
>>1400569
Nah he did pedigrees on Dean that looked shit, who also took a few from Haitch for comparison that looked much more brutal.

>>1400579
>has a fucking based side-kick to the skull that could easily be built as an Orton-Punt-tier killer KO move
>has one of the most notoriously vicious submissions – cross armbar – and has shown he can do a fantastic job structuring his move-set around building up to it

>make him use le super-telegraphed goomba stomp that makes his opponents look like artards

WHY
H
Y
>>
>>1400483
Curbstomp was shit. Glad it got banned but pedigree doesnt fit him.
>>
>>1400483
He will use the Phoenix Splash when he's officially face
>>
>>1400549
he could make that phoenix splash he used to do (and did at least once in a ppv) as his finisher
>>
>>1400483
Curbstomp was removed after his dick pics were leaked. Vince was probably unimpressed with his size.
>>
>>1400483
Give him the penalty kick. He's HHH's son so he can smash their chest in with no repercussions.
>>
>>1400579
Del Rio's finisher is shit but Rusev's is even worse.
>>
Falcons Arrow should be his finisher. Superplex into it or powerbomb to turnbuckle into it.
>>
>>1404054
Accolade is fine to be honest. I like it when he bends his opponent more and almost falls on his back.
>>
File: SethKO.gif (2 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
SethKO.gif
2 MB, 360x203
Could always just cuck Randy outta the RKO.

Why not, right?

>>1400549
This is what Rollins said:

>"[Vince] was watching it and he thought to himself that it is easily [imitable] by young children, which a lot of our stuff is, but, for whatever reason, he had it stuck in his head, as his champion, as a top guy, he just didn't want that to be the lasting image."

In other words: Vince banned it 'cause he personally doesn't like it.

Suspiciously, this happened right after Rollins beat Reigns with it and "ruined" his moment...
>>
The avada kadavra (superkick to a seated opponent) should be his finisher.
>>
>>1404076
>Vince banned it 'cause he personally doesn't like it.
A shame because thanks to Curbstomb and based Seth/Randy we got this 10/10 moment
>>
>>1404076
Then again Vince made Roman a champion and Spear and Superman Punch are even easier to do for the kids.
>>
>>1400483
>>1400510
Like this, but cross legged fisherman buster, keep the body rotation, but make it look cleaner.
>>
>>1404101
Del Rio has a much better one. It'd just make Seth's look bad.
>>
Sit-down powerbomb would have been a good finisher until it got nerfed like the superkick.
>>
>>1404076
give Seth a move stealer gimmick
>>
File: sogood[1].gif (820 KB, 227x170) Image search: [Google]
sogood[1].gif
820 KB, 227x170
>>1404299
>>
>>1404299
>>1404329
Using what others have built to tear them down would kinda fit into his architect gimmick, but move-stealer gimmicks are generally a bad idea for main eventers.
You want them to have something distinct in their own right
>>
For: Seth Rollins
Fisherman Driver
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8pBlM6L8YQ

For Rollins/Rusev
Shouten: (Matt Morgan used this move too)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMUtfcB1T2Y

Del Rio:
Straight Jacket Neckbreaker/Terminoose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNxaHXrJGZ4

Hangman Facebuster (Curtis Axel did not invent this)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzsYr-fRZE4
>>
>>1404340
That would be a great finishing move for Rusev.
Disagree on Dorito, tho. Just let him use the cross-arm and his side headkick.
>>
>>1404340
>For: Seth Rollins
>Fisherman Driver

Looks ok, but Seth needs something better

>For Rollins/Rusev
>Shouten

Awesome, really good

>Del Rio:
>Straight Jacket Neckbreaker/Terminoose.

Good for a signature move

>Hangman Facebuster

I like it as a finisher, much better than the stoopid double foot stomp
>>
>>1404334
Nah it can work with Seth because he can say he's perfecting the move.
>>
>>1404364
The double foot stomp in tree of woe is not the problem.

The problem is it takes a fucking long time to set. Way too long and people just know what's coming from a mile away.
>>
>>1404368
No I don't mean it couldn't work, I just mean that when WWE are marketing a main-eventer they want him to have that distinct finishing move that he makes his own.
They even went out of their way to give Seth the pedigree to underscore that point. They want it to be a part of their character.
>>
>>1404299
He's used the Figure-4 before and he's got the BuckleBomb so he's got the entire Evolution set
>>
>>1400483
Just be thankful that he's not doing the rock bottom to himself. Any new finisher that Seth would be allowed to have would either be an overused move like a superkick/ddt or something stupid like "double knees" in the corner.
>>
>>1400492
Give him the GTS. Kenta and Punk aren't using it.
>>
He should Chris Daniels' finisher. It's a pedigree where you lift them up vertically and do a sitout. Can't remember the name of it currently, but it'd suit the hell out of Seth.
>>
>>1404611
Angels wings.
It's not necessarily a pedigree, because the head isn't held between the thighs. It's a modification of a double-underhook facebuster.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ4kXZ0kOLE

It would actually suit Seth perfectly, tho.
>turns Face
>I'll prove the authority didn't make me
>I'm not their project, I am my own, I redesign MYSELF
>uses an evolved form of Haitch's finish

Fits perfectly.
>>
File: 1448852855166.jpg (110 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448852855166.jpg
110 KB, 640x640
>>1400483
I think he should use the angle slam or ankle lock. It would suit seth. Has any shield member used the sharp shooter.
>>
>>1404596
The gts is shit
No one should use it
>>
He needs another move now that he's not affiliated with the authority. Something sudden and impactful, like a cutter or a slam.
>>
>>1400579
>>1400601
Backstabber is no good?

>>1404299
Combine this with stuff like the Spearagree. He hard-counters and steals finishers. Fucking awesome. He should still have a finisher to call his own, though, that Shouten would be really great.
>>
His old finisher (Gods Last Gift). Its the best possible move for him. Very surprised he didn't just use that. Avada Kadavra (that superkick he does) as back up on bigger opponents.
>>
He did an awesome Blockbuster last night. That ought to be his finisher.
>>
Del Rio Double Stomp should never be a finisher he regularly sets up.
It's dumb.

What should happen its Del Rio fighting in the turnbuckle either to survive a move ro do deliever that awesome reverse suplex he does. Then in the middle of the fighting Del Rio manages to put the opponent in the Three of WOAAAH. Then he realizes the position of the opponent, does that evil smirk he does and double stomps it.

Fucking christ Low Ki figured how to set up that spot 10 years ago.
>>
He should use a sleeper hold that he can lock in for too long for big heel heat.
>>
>>1400510

I thought he does the Phoenix splash consistently well?

Am I misinformed?
>>
>>1404741

Who is this semen demon? She'd look cute with a dick in her mouth.
>>
>>1405154
Rollins was using a Shiranui for a bit in NXT but that's Kalisto's now
>>
File: 1449018812832.jpg (112 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1449018812832.jpg
112 KB, 750x750
>>1407231
Wtf! Don't you know katya? She a 4chan celebrity for fucksakes
>>
>>1404103
Yeah, but little kids aren't going to seriously hurt each other with a spear or a pretend punch. The curbstomp is an easily replicatable move that could easily lead to massive lawsuits
>>
>>1407269
more please
>>
Finishers are dead these days anyway. Basically none of them are protected or actually ever finish anyone. In fact probably the only one close is Ramens spear. All others almost never do the job unless its against absolute jobbers.
>>
>>1408028
You can fucking kill somebody with a DDT and those aren't banned
>>
>>1408050
AFAIK the only people to kick out of the Curbstomp were Ambrose + Lesnar
>>
File: 1431159083169.jpg (40 KB, 360x604) Image search: [Google]
1431159083169.jpg
40 KB, 360x604
>>1408030
Son just google katya
>>
>>1404102

>10/10 moment
>implying that isn't incredibly fucking stupid

Just look at it. Actually fucking watch that shit. Seth goes up for a curb stomp and comes down on his belly for the RKO. It makes literally no sense. It so stupid.
>>
>>1408053
Curbstomp's easier to do, and, in general, just looks more violent.
It just doesn't mix with modern, sparkly-clean WWE.
Aside from that, you can't just stop doing DDT's considering the staple they've become.
>>
>>1408061
Considering that the origins of the DDT are a legit botch, you don't even need to be trying to do it.

Stop making excuses for the vendettas of a senile old fool. It was clearly only banned 'cause Vince personally hates it.
>>
>>1408066
But I'm not. You're speaking completely out-of-term with zero personal knowledge of the occurrence and making vast, sweeping assumptions.
The DDT and Curb Stomp are both very easy to do, yes.
In one, you need to basically fall down with someone in a headlock. The other, you need to plant your foot with someone underneath you. Neither require any legitimate effort.
The difference being that the DDT has many variations, and banning it would reverberate across many move-sets. Whereas the curbstomp is self-contained to Seth.
And, as I said, the core issue, on a show so clean and sanitary as the WWE, the curb stomp was head-and-shoulders away from everything else as a viciously violent looking move. There's your real reason.
You can speculate about how people you don't know think all you want, but there're pretty clearly outlined reasons as to why they wouldn't want it in their watered-down product.
And this isn't even touching upon the connotations attached to it thanks to American History X.
>>
>>1408056
Sure but i ment current stuff curb stomp is banned. For instance the styles clash before he came to the WWE was pretty protected. Now he hits Ramen with it 3 times in chairs and the dude no sells his way to a one count.
>>
>>1408074
From THE MAN himself:

>"Aside from it having a fairly violent name and connotation, right, but just the visional of it, he was watching it and he thought to himself that it is easily [imitable] by young children, which a lot of our stuff is, but, for whatever reason, he had it stuck in his head, as his champion, as a top guy, he just didn't want that to be the lasting image."

Read between the lines, pal. It's just Vince being Vince.

>And this isn't even touching upon the connotations attached to it thanks to American History X.

They could always go back its proper name instead.
>>
>>1408080
I'm not even disagreeing with you. I completely buy that the ultimate reason is Vince's senile whimsies.
But until he comes out and says so, we can't pin it all on that. I'm just outlining the myriad of other reasons why a product aimed primarily at children wouldn't want a man literally running around curb-stomping people.
DDT's at least retain some wrestling theatrics that make it palatable for jimmies. A stomp's a stomp.

>They could always go back its proper name instead.

What was that?
>>
>>1408087
It was called the Blackout in NXT and during the first year or so of The Shield.

>But until he comes out and says so, we can't pin it all on that.

Says who?
>>
>>1408093
I thought it was "Peace of Mind". Which is the best possible name desu
Just reason. Assumptions are generally bad, I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying at core, just providing extra points to back it up because I don't want to hinge it entirely on that one sole assumption of the personal inner-workings of an insane billionaire I can probably never hope to understand.
>>
>>1408103
That name was fucking terrible and Seth hated it too.

It's pretty fucking safe bet that whenever some dumb, counter-productive thing happens, it's because Vince is petty & stupid.
>>
just give him the dragonrana, but add a 180 spin to the jump
ezpz
>>
>>1407269
>katya

Confirmed slut. All eastern Europeans are sluts.
>>
How can we send this post to Vinnie? He should read it.
>>
>>1404726
BOOK IT VINCE
>>
>>1407115
Remember when he first debuted and wouldnset those jobbers up on the top rope, smirk at them, then push them to the floor... so badass
>>
>>1408028
You've obviously never been speared off of a trampoline famalam
>>
>>1404726
This would be cool, but it would only come across if it had a name that played off "Pedigree". Fall of the Bastille? Pedigree implies French aristocracy, and the storming of the Bastille it's the symbol of the French Revolution that brought them down... Maybe it's a bit overthought.
>>
>>1408590
Lineage.
>You're behind the times, and I've surpassed you
>Your pedigree has become my lineage
>>
>>1404726
i like this
>>
>>1408103
I really don't like those long ass names unless its actually using the name of the move in it.
"Stone Cold Stunner." is okay.
"End of Days" or "Your Welcome" or any of that shit just sounds retarded. because the name of a finisher is something that is going to be shouted over and over by Cole.
>>
>>1408058
No, he goes for the curbstomp, but Orton anticipates and lifts Rollins far higher than he expected since the move is supposed to be Rollins jumping up and bringing force down behind his lead foot, which launches Rollins into the air and puts him in panic mode leading to the RKO. The elongated Orton-bent-over part is what makes it look somewhat sloppy.
>>
>>1408058
Wrestling is fake you shitter
>>
>>1408796
No shit
>>
The Worm would do
>>
>>1400569
>he seems to have worked pretty hard on making the pedigree look legit while he's away

he was literally scared of doing the pedigree before his return because he falls on his knees
>>
Styles Clash off the top rope

Call it the Seth Smash
>>
>>1400483
Why did curbstomp get banned?
>>
>>1409316
read

>>1400549
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.