[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why do Meltzer fanboys think Dave's opinion matters at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 336x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 336x437
So why do Meltzer fanboys think Dave's opinion matters at all? His stars are retarded. If you cite his stars as a reference for a match being good I will instantly lose respect for you. He only likes little guys doing highly choreographed dances. The vanilla midgets he loved basically turned WWE from a global phenomenon to a kiddy dance recital in a year. Then he goes and says wrestling is better today when fewer wrestlers are making a living than ever before. Watch his interview with Ole Anderson, an actual legend of wrestling, Ole tears him apart and shows the world what a dumbfuck Dave is.
>>
>>1392086
His opinion doesn't matter really. His only matters for his insider knowledge on news in wrestling.
>>
Why does OP think his opinion matters?

>If you cite his stars as a reference for a match being good I will instantly lose respect for you.

give_a_shit
>>
>>1392091
Oh look, a triggered WON fanboy. Let's see how he reacts to this.

IF YOU'VE NEVER WRESTLED YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WRESTLING.
>>
File: maxresdefault2.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault2.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
One of the greatest WM moments ever. Two sterioded up manlets are main eventers.
>>
>>1392104
It was the day wrestling, as a sport, died. Now it's midgets dancing and cosplaying as wrestlers.
>>
>>1392108
I agree. Look at the roster now. AJ Styles is like 5'7, Kevin Owens is a fat shit, Sami Zayn is a twig, Seth Rollins is a twink, Dean Ambrose is a bag of bones, Chris Jericho is still a vanilla midget, Samoa Joe is a fat slob, and Finn Balor is like 180lbs. It looks like they're just pretending to be wrestlers.
>>
>>1392100
So you don't know anything about wrestling then OP?

>Ole Anderson

KEKARINO

Who gives a shit about the Pete Best of rasslin'?
>>
>>1392086
His opinion matters about as much as any single person else's.
If you're immediately trash-canning it because other people subscribe to it, you're being a literal hipster.
Don't treat him as either a shining God or an abject nobody. Just treat him as another person with another opinion like anyone else.
>>
>>1392126
>So you don't know anything about wrestling then OP?
A lot more than you.
>hurr durr Ole didn't do enough flips durr
>>
>>1392128
hi jmarlow. Enjoying being in your cuck shed?

>>hurr durr Ole didn't do enough flips durr

Somebody's THAT mad he's literally delusional.
>>
>>1392127
Anyone who likes choreographed mudget fights is a braindead faggot to me. Fuck Meltzer.
>>
>>1392134
So why don't you like Ole? Because he criticises your flippy shit faggots?
>>
>>1392139
>why don't I care for a bitter, delusional, outta touch geezer

I get that you're slow but this is just sad
>>
>>1392145
>outta touch
You mean that he has more experience from an era when wrestling was doing well and wasn't just 200lbs midgets doing flips in the ring like fucking ballet dancers?
>>
>>1392135
So you disagree with it. Okay?
People disagree with other people's ideas. That's all. Who cares that you disagree, and why are you saying that people should agree with you as opposed to him?
You're just another nobody with just another opinion just like Meltzer's another nobody with another opinion.
>>
>>1392148
>200lbs midgets doing flips in the ring like fucking ballet dancers?

buhlee dat bbygrrrl
>>
>>1392150
>durr if you don't like twinks doing flippy shit you must like some skinny fat Samoan faggot
>>
>>1392154
I'm honestly amazed by how much you're arguing with yourself. Do I even need to post anything? This is hilarious.
>>
>>1392156
Tell me, what about twinks flipping around each other entertains you?
>>
>>1392158
What's NOT entertaining about watching you flip around in this thread?
>>
>>1392160
Nice meme.
>>
>>1392163
sweet comeback bruh

Oh wait, you forgot to put one.

>the fucking state of jmarlow
>>
>>1392165
Oh, and a fake quoting OSW (SJW) meme! Begorrah what a treat you are. You can't defend your flippy midgets so why are you here?
>>
>>1392171
>and a fake quoting OSW (SJW) meme!

Your babbling has no end to how deranged it gets, does it?
>>
>>1392175
>the state of
>not an SJW review meme
>>
>>1392176
It isn't.

>Still this mad he got cucked off THE BOARD
>>
>>1392183
It is.
>>
File: 5-TIME.jpg (444 KB, 1893x1423) Image search: [Google]
5-TIME.jpg
444 KB, 1893x1423
>>1392184
You sure seem to know a lot about this OSW fellow

>this triggers the jmarlow
>>
>>1392187
Flippy midgets. I wish men still wrestled. They'd beat the fuck out of those midget fucks.
>>
>>1392195
And I wish you'd come to terms with your obvious case of being closeted but it looks like we're both SOL!
>>
>>1392196
I'm not the one who likes watching twinks flip on each other.
>>
>>1392199
Yeah, you just recycle homoerotic posts about Ole whenever you get real lonely.
>>
>>1392211
Why do you get so upset when someone mentions Ole? Is it because he BTFO Dave Meltzer?
>>
>>1392214
I'm not upset lad. Just kinda feel sorry for you, jmarlow, because Ole is never gonna fuck you.
>>
>>1392222
I feel sorry that you'll never understand what wrestling is.
>>
>>1392227
The special "wrestling" matches you want to have with Ole don't count
>>
>>1392229
Stop projecting.
>>
>>1392237
I'm not the one constantly expressing his desire to see "real men" grapple each other jmarlow
>>
>>1392238
You want to see twinks do flips, faggot.
>>
>>1392239
It's not your fault you got banned from THE BOARD.

(Well it is but I'm trying to be nice.)
>>
>>1392114
As opposed to Cena, Orton and HHH who actually killed the company through endless rehashes and shit booking.

Flair was one of the biggest draws ever and I could've kicked his ass in his prime.
>>
>>1392128
I feel like you are confusing Ole and Arn.
>>
>>1392171
The state of your ____ is a common Brit saying. It has nothing to do with OSW besides being in their daily vernacular. How insulated and stupid can you fucking be
>>
>>1392114
>Seth Rollins is a twink
Awful bait. He's clearly bigger than the average man.
>>
>>1392086
>Being so mad at someone because he has a different opinion
Fucking manchild i swear
>>
>>1392421
Do you know who Ole is?
>>1392431
No he isn't. Bigger than a crosshiter, yes, but not as big as the average man.
>>
>>1392086

you must be one of those nignogs that msg dave on twitter

'ahah dave you got dis wrong fucboi'
>>
>>1398406
I don't use social media and I don't have brown eyes so I'm white.
>>
Stars are more or less worthless for sure. Maybe WM 3's main event wasn't that great of a match, but it was the moment that made it great--definitely not -4 stars. And WM 20's main was an awesome match and an awesome moment, but nope! 4.75. Then there's both Taker vs. Michaels matches, main event of 30, Rock vs. Hogan, and the list goes on and on. He's too much of an analyst. He never takes time to look at a match and think "Did it suck me in and make me think it was real again?" That's a 5-star match. It doesn't matter if the match had the coolest spot ever or nothing WWE highlight reel worthy. It doesn't matter if the match was 10 minutes or 45. It doesn't matter if the match was the most technically sound match ever with the most complicated and dangerous moves in history or if it's just throwing punches and bodyslams. All that matters is that it lets you ignore that it's scripted for a match. Dave's too caught in the headlocks and the botches, not the real magic of wrestling. If you ask most people what their favorite match is, they're not gonna say "Oh yeah Taker v. Michaels I was great but I can't say it's my favorite because of that botched suicide dive in the middle" or "I don't really care about Benoit, Angle, or Jericho but their ring psychology was great at WM 2000"(that match is great though), they're just gonna talk about when their favorite guy won or when they marked out the hardest. Dave looks at wrestling too robotically. It's a weird form of theater, not a math paper.
>>
File: Citizen Kane.gif (787 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Citizen Kane.gif
787 KB, 480x360
>>1398574
>>
>>1398574
I dunno, Meltzer opinion do change based on atmosphere.

Thats why whenever he watches shows live in the arenas, the always tends to rate them higher than what they normally would.

At the end his rating system are mostly just his subjective opinions.
>>
I respect his integrity as a journalist/wrestling historian but I agree his star ratings are just beyond stupid. He's incredibly lenient on WWE's matches too.
>>
Literally every single post in this thread was made by someone with autism.
>>
>>1392126
Grouchy old man of wrestling.
>>
>>1392086
>Ole Anderson
Literally who?
>>
>>1398914
Nah he's not that lenient on wwe. He's incredibly lenient on shit like early Njpw, the amount of 5 star matches from that period is nuts
>>
>>1392086
Steroid abuse is a storied tradition in wrestling get the boys back on the juice and restore the business to greatness!
>>
File: anime.gif (346 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
anime.gif
346 KB, 600x338
>>1392086
>So why do Meltzer fanboys think Dave's opinion matters at all? His stars are retarded. If you cite his stars as a reference for a match being good I will instantly lose respect for you.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.