[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The WWE Title Feud is a fucking joke. Like...holy shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 5
Lets take a brief walk down of this fucking 4 week build to this no-buys WWE Championship match

>Week 1: Seth returns from injury. And thru bitching and whining Shane O'Mac gives him the Championship match despite Stephanie bitching about it...oh please as if she even thought out in advance who her choice would have been
>Week 2: That fucking horrendous segment of Rollins and Reigns acting like children. My thought was they were going for the Eddie Guerrero angle of when Eddie got heat just by moving a mic near his mouth but he never said anything. The difference being Eddie Guerrero was over as either a face or a heel wheras Heel Rollins isn't over at all
>Week 3: The fucking pointless video package of making Reigns looking like an uncaring Uber Chad and Rollins like a super babyface but he can't outshine Reigns because that's just "not allowed"

Week 4: Shield reunion where they hardly promoted the match. They just reminded us how people miss when they were a Trios Team and how everything that hasn't happened since their break-up has been terrible

You know something is fucking wrong when Ambrose, a non-decisive factor gets a bigger reaction from the crowd then Rollins and or Reigns
>>
>>1391324
Dean consistently gets the biggest pop every week they'res nothing wrong with that
>>
>>1391332

Yeah but he's not technically involved in this WWE title storyline yet because he doesn't have the briefcase yet

When an outside factoid who has nothing to do with this build is getting better reactions than your world champion your creative team needs to fucking kill themselves.
>>
File: titty master.jpg (96 KB, 288x512) Image search: [Google]
titty master.jpg
96 KB, 288x512
>>1391336
Dean is the most over wrestler on the roster though. Creative can't be blamed for it.
>>
>>1391338

>Most over wrestling on the roster

Literally no one is over

Over would imply people pay to see "X" to do "Y" every week

When the only thing that's really trying to get over is the brand itself then nothing is over.
>>
File: thisisatest.jpg (20 KB, 265x354) Image search: [Google]
thisisatest.jpg
20 KB, 265x354
>>1391340
Then y is it that the B house shows starring Dean are outselking the A house shows starring Reigns Rolkins and Styles?
>>
>>1391343
Because Ambrose is less not over than Reigns.
>>
they literally wheeled out Dean to carry this shit feud

They didn't want Roman to talk because he's shit and they didn't want Seth to talk because the crowd would pop over everything he said

>>1391340
No, Dean is easily the most over, he gets a pop every night, the loudest pop I should say
>>
>>1391347
>literally gets a pop every night
>not over

Have the Dean haters gone full retard??
>>
>>1391324

Agreed

Shield members are destroying this company

All 3 of them
>>
Jasethy needs to fuck off.
>>
>>1391324
>Week 1
Don't see what's wrong with this one. Dude never lost his title, and deserves it. Great deliverance of lines from Seth, too, turning straight to heel in one sentence.

>Week 2
Genuinely horrible I agree.

>Week 3
Fucking retarded pov from you on this one. Shit have you guys not been paying attention? Even HHH said it in an interview a few months back that a big focal point of this new era is to not have characters that are pure face or pure heel.

>Week 4
But they did talk about the match it self though and who's gonna get the title. It totally promoted the match. You're essentially complaining because they decided to go a step further and establish what might in the future become a feud between the three and the Shield triple threat that may be a match for a future PPV. Outside of Roman's lines being boring, Seth/Dean's lines were great here, and the action that ensued afterward is good for that potential Shield triple threat in the future.

>You know something is fucking wrong when Ambrose, a non-decisive factor gets a bigger reaction from the crowd then Rollins and or Reigns
Dean, Styles, and Cena get the biggest pop in the company right now. Dean has been more popular with more people going to his house show things. I shouldn't have to explain the other two. There's nothing wrong with it, it is far from the first time in wrestling where a certain person or people have more charisma than the ones involved in a main event.
>>
>>1391338
no he isn't
>>
>>1391362

>Even HHH said it in an interview a few months back that a big focal point of this new era is to not have characters that are pure face or pure heel.

THIS SHIT IS EXACTLY WHY NO ONE IS OVER!

NO ONE!

This is Authority bullshit that Hunter and Stephanie justify to themselves to make it so they don't have to actively try and make a storyline have any sort of depth because no one evolves from a character standpoint

Literally everyone is a 1-dimensional stereotype
>>
>>1391376
Cenas over. He feuded with fucking Jericho and angle his first year as champ, smark.favourites
>>
>>1391380

>Cenas over.

He's over with Make a Wish kids, Obese manchildren, autistic faggots, and thirsty sluts who think Nikki's an empowered woman

>He feuded with fucking Jericho and angle his first year as champ

Wow guess what? Who cares because this shit happened during an era that was WAY MORE ENJOYABLE then the era we have now

>smark.favourites

Stupid Idiot.
>>
>>1391376
Idk. I like the whole Seth going from architect to Seth becoming straight up chickenshit heel to current Seth being part chickenshit heel but also hardworking and sympathetic in a way. All works within the same broad frame of his character being one driven by ambition.

You can say characters are 1-dimensional, but they are honestly nowhere near as bad as say...Hulk Hogan's 1-dimensional or hell even Stone Cold post 3:16 speech has technically been 1-dimensional. They can't do that anymore though.

That being said it's not just an overall success or overall failure. Guys like Seth and AJ Styles have cool characters with multiple aspects to them. Someone like Roman....maybe not. Someone like Dean can go both ways because le whacky man gives him space to either be great or awful.
>>
>>1391380

Smarks back then weren't as stupid as they are today. Also wrestling in general didn't suck.
>>
>>1391389

>Hulk Hogan's 1-dimensional or hell even Stone Cold post 3:16 speech has technically been 1-dimensional

I guarantee you you haven't watched a single 80's-90's match featuring Hogan or literally any New Generation-Attitude Era matches featuring Stone Cold.

>Guys like Seth and AJ Styles have cool characters with multiple aspects to them

There gimmicks are being whiny entitled cunts who think everything should be handed to them because of their indie cred

NXT to Vince McMahon is literally a bunch of Millennials who think they deserve better than Vince's established talent.
>>
This may rank as one of the worst world title feuds, excluding shit like Khali. Seriously. It's that fucking bad. Find me a worse wwe title feud from recent memory, YOU CAN'T.

It was buried when they had that pants on head segment with Rollins playing red light green light Roman. What. The. Fuck. Was. That?

Otherwise there's been no build. There's no heat. There's no hype because we know Big Dog Empire gotta look strong. Dean for all intents and purposes being shoved in basically is the only thing that has given it any interest.

It's shit. WWE creative is shit. I'm watching to see BMJ/AJ put on a show and that's about it.
>>
>>1391389

This post is so underage I fell sick reading it

>Guys like Seth and AJ Styles have cool characters with multiple aspects to them

No they are literally indie darlings who loved wrestling since they were kids and wanted to be like Shawn Michaels. That's as far as it goes in terms of "character"
>>
>>1391324

Will you people just stop watching this shit?

If you want a good wrestling show, there's LU, ROH, Japan, and more.

If you want a entertaining TV drama, there's LU, and Netflix.

There is zero (0) reason for grown ass men to still be watching this WWE shit
>>
>>1391394
That's why I said post-3:16 Stone Cold you dumbass.

>>1391403
>>1391394
>everyone indie is like CM Punk
come up with better b8

>>1391400
Reigns/HHH
Sheamus/Reigns
anything involved with ADR
Christian's title stuff once they made him heel for no reason
Rock/Cena 2
>>
>>1391362

>Even HHH said it in an interview a few months back that a big focal point of this new era is to not have characters that are pure face or pure heel.

Which results in characters that have inconsistent character traits and motivation. Seth has went from "The A+ Player The Architect The Generally Annoying, Entitled Brat With An Abundance of Talent" to some pitiable underdog face.

For NO REASON other than the plot demanded it.
>>
>>1391411
You talk like he went full face. Sounds like you aren't paying attention or trying to b8.
>>
>>1391410

I didn't mention CM Punk anywhere you twat. You brought up Rollins and Styles and what I just described are what their characters. It's not bait when it's painfully obvious you're not even 20 years old and just called Hogan and Austin one dimensional
>>
>>1391376
The Wrestling industry in general isn't over.
>>
>>1391386
>He's over with Make a Wish kids, Obese manchildren, autistic faggots, and thirsty sluts who think Nikki's an empowered woman

So the entire WWE fanbase??
>>
>>1391422
Nigga either you're so old the nostalgia is deluding you, or you're so young that you're falling for revisionist history meme.
>>
>>1391596

What revisionist history you dummy? What kind of idiot says Austin and Hogan are one dimensional then praise two wrestlers who look like carbon copies of one another? Just admit that you were born in 1997 and get it over with.

Also I wouldn't put CM Punk in with Rollins and Styles cause he was clearly better than both on the microphone, but not in the ring. He could actually carry a feud on the mic. Listening to Rollins talk for 15 minutes at the beginning of RAW last year was literal torture.
>>
>>1391389
Hulk Hogan was at the top of two wrestling booms playing completely opposite characters
>>
>>1391610
>What revisionist history you dummy?
The one where you overrate people that got popular. Cuz popularity always implies quality, right? I won't deny Austin or Hogan's charisma, but to call them anything more than one dimensional overthetop cartoon caricatures is dumb as hell.

The rest of your post doesn't even make sense. Carbon copies? Apparently having an indie background makes everyone a carbon copy. And why bring up Rollins from last year? We are talking about what's going on NOW, and his promos the past few weeks have been great. Hell the Rollins comparison all the more unfair because anyone doing that "Authority starts off with a 15 minute promo" that used to be the start of EVERY RAW for a couple years now looked fucking awful.

>>1391620
Yeah, and one was a one dimensional hot blooded shonen anime character hero, and the other was a generic bad guy who had no reason to turn heel other than "we gonna take over the world!" Everyone else in the NWO had for more interesting characters bar Nash.
>>
>>1391644
>generic bad guy with no reason to turn heel

He literally explains why he did about two minutes after he legdropped Savage
>>
>>1391443
Explains why every other promotion in the world (besides LOLTNA) is on the upswing...
>>
>>1391644

I don't need to overrate anyone you idiot cause unlike you I was actually alive during that time period whereas all you do is go look up 3 minute clips on youtube and think that's all it comes to. We can even forget for one second that you went ahead and said something as stupid as calling Hogan and Austin one dimensional, what are you even trying to argue now?

Yes carbon copies. AJ and Rollins do not have good characters. They are good in the ring yes, but their characters are boring and bland.

>Look at me guise I came from the indies, I always wanted to be a wrestler when I was 4 and I wrestle a hybrid of Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart's style

Wow man real neat, unique and complex character work there man! Never seen that one before!

>Cartoon characters

While you were still in your dad's nutsack Hogan was being a top draw as a heel in the NWO, this was a radical shift from his yellow tights wearing kissing babies gimmick, and guess what? It was one of the most popular thing in the 90's and they kept it fresh every single week until WCW finally died which happened while you were still in diapers.
>>
>>1391651
Yeah, except after the turn, it became more about the first part of what he says rather than the second which is the actual reason for his turn.

>>1391660
Sure you were alive. We all believe you. Fuck off with your b8 tier lies.

Characters with actual layers behind their motivations, making them more human are more interesting than kiddy tier "say your prayers and eat your vitamins" or "look at me guys I am such a rebel" or "lets be generic take over the world new world order" villains. Cartoon characters through and through, just like you trying to act like an old fart.
>>
>>1391676
Hollywood got most of his heat when he would shit talk the crowd and not about "taking over WCW". Goldbergs character couldn't give a shit about defending WCW and thats where Hogan got some of his most heat ever
>>
>>1391676

>Anyone who doesn't lick my awful opinionated nuts is b8ing

Classic mindset of a child. Maybe if you want a hug box where everyone agrees with you head on over to reddit or cagesideseats or woo or wherever you stumbled from.

Wait what am I doing? I'm literally talking to someone who just said Hogan and Austin are one dimensional and Rollins and Styles are more complex characters. What is wrong with me? You're clearly underage and your understanding of aforementioned superstars is clearly that of "I once watched a 40 minute documentary on 90's wrestling."

There's a reason ratings right now are in the toilet. People don't want to tune in to watch your so called "complex" characters. Why? Cause they're boring and annoying for the most part when they talk.
>>
>>1391682
>shit talk the crowd
Oh, what a fantastic heel, right? No other heel does that.

>>1391689
Nah, anyone who can't legitimately give discussion or counter arguments to what I am saying is b8. So you with your putting words in my mouth while pulling random shit out of your ass.
>>
>>1391705
He must have been fantastic considering the heat he got
>>
>>1391709
>popularity implies quality
>especially in cheap heat "talk shit about the crowd"
Jesus christ, this place might be the most plebeian spot on this website.
>>
>>1391705

I picked apart your weak ass points and called you exactly what you are, underage. You just said Rollins and Styles are more compelling characters than Hogan and Austin, my goodness have you looked at the ratings lately?

You're going through your rebel teenage phase where you think you know everything, don't worry you'll outgrow it soon enough. Hopefully.
>>
>>1391713
Again, says enough about him that with "cheap heat" he got garbage thrown at him for 10 minutes and was involved in some of the loudest pops ever whenever he got his ass kicked
>>
>>1391717
Again, how many times do I have to explain to you children, popularity doesn't equate to quality. Depth does.
>>
>>1391719
Overrated ass Ziggler has achieved some of the loudest in pops, too through not really doing something that required skill.
>>
>>1391721

>children

You can't call anyone a child when you were born after the Montreal Screwjob happened?

>Popularity doesn't equate to quality

In the entertainment business, that's exactly what it indicates, the more popular you are the more of an asset and a draw you are, you pompous hipster know-it-all child.
>>
>>1391726
>some

Only one, and it doesn't compare to Sting confronting Hogan at Uncensored or Goldberg beating him for the belt. He had such a barebones heel moveset but he carried the character with his charisma and promos
>>
>>1391728
Good thing we aren't talking about money (quantity) here but depth (quality), right? Dumb kid.
>>
>>1391676

Yeah man, characters with inconsistent values and motivations are way more interesting, that's why ratings are on the upswing and WWE is still a pop culture juggernaut today.

Kek.

The results say more than anything you can type. Wrestling at its core is a morality play. The heel does despicable things to get heat from the audience. Because the heel is willing to do despicable things, the heel often wins. The sympathetic babyface has to chase the heel through a feud in which the babyface tries many times to overcome the adversity provided by an opponent who routinely cheats to win. Everytime the heel does something despicable or squeaks out a tainted victory, the audience wants to see him get his comeuppance even more. When the babyface wins, the audience experiences catharsis.

It's that fucking simple, and it still works. You want to see a small scale example of how well it works? As much as some might make fun of the Full Sail audience, NXT has made great use of simple old school booking to get the talent over with the crowd. It's worked so well that we find the NXT audience cringe inducing in how enthusiastic they are for a fucking developmental fed.
>>
>>1391729
Ultimately no different from his earlier persona. His promos and character are as barebones as his wrestling ability.
>>
>>1391740
The Hulk Hogan character was one of the best ever at working the crowds during matches, he was sympathetic as shit when he was selling or lost a match. Look at how he worked the marks at WM6

Hollywood got over because of his promos, lord knows his matches weren't anything special
>>
>>1391733

>depth(quality) right?

Yeah of which Austin and Hogan have more of in spades than your favorite bearded indie darlings.
>>
>>1391743
He's effective with children and dumb people, that's it. Today he would work well with children, but that's it. What worked back then won't work today, especially something as dated as the gimmicky shit Hogan did.

>>1391746
>le stunner and beer man
>le say your prayers and eat your vitamins man
>le you suck crowd nwo4life man
>more depth than actually human characters
Yeah, I guess when you're that young, being able to detect and understand depth is hard. At least once you graduate grade school you won't be as retarded.
>>
>Everyone who likes people I don't like is dumb

GOAT at playing both roles just accept it brother
>>
File: 1443206543332.jpg (144 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
1443206543332.jpg
144 KB, 1024x1365
>>1391767

Ask mommy to renew your subscription to the WWE network so that next time you want to pretend you know what you're talking about you don't end up looking so foolish.
>>
>>1391767
>than actually human characters

Jasethy and AJanetty are boring generic pieces of shit characters. They're in no way likeable or endearing, and it's no wonder that no one wants to tune in, cause if they wanted to see cool flips they'd just go to the nearest circus. They want to see actual compelling characters, not the latest indie darling import who's been wrestling for 10 years for $20 and is like sooo passionate about wrestling. No one cares about that trash, and there's certainly no depth in any of them you dumb retarded smark twat.
>>
>>1391774
As GOAT at it as Brittney Spears was a GOAT at singing.

>>1391779
Idk, I am not the one with the problem of being unable to pay attention to what we are talking and what actually happened back then.

>>1391782
But the WWE is doing better than ever. Nobody cares about domestic tv ratings anymore. Of course if you weren't such a dumb hick tier mark you would realize this.
>>
The biggest problem is the rehashed fucking storylines

The most original feud in the past 5 years was Dean Ambrose and fucking Chris Jericho, but even then I think Xpac had a similar storyline with some jobber

The most overused storylines these days is EVERY Cena feud, THEY ARE ALL THE SAME ONE WAY OR ANOTHER

Either

>Cena has to overcome the odds
>Popular guys from indies criticizes Cena's wrestling ability

Every. Damn. Time
>>
>>1391787
I can give you a video of Hogan getting garbage thrown at him for 10 minutes and another video of Hogan getting a 10 minute standing ovation with people bowing for him. GOAT
>>
>>1391788
With Cena Feuds, I am surprised they gave Kevin Owens a clean pin
>>
>>1391788
This

It was cool at first with Punk and JBL but now it's predictable

>Cena cuts promo
If someone like Big Show comes out it's an overcome odds feud

If someone like Cesaro comes out
It's a "U CANT WRASSLE!!" feud
>>
>>1391794
>"John Cena, I attacked you because you're an embarrasment to wrestling"

>"Look jack, I respect you, you've wrestled at _____
>>
>>1391787
>Nobody cares about domestic tv ratings

The same reason nobody cares about the latest indie darling from Japan cause they're shocking on the mic and people would rather watch bad acting on Game Of Thrones than sit through a segment in which Cesaro has to say 2 lines.
>>
>>1391801
>indie darling
>New Japan

baka
>>
>>1391410
Punk earned what he got by being the best in the WWE for nearly 6 years.

Don't pretend like his Indy cred did anything besides stick his foot in the door. Same with Bryan.
>>
>>1391610
Rollins may be the most overrated worker in the current WWE. He is barely better than Roman who is the definition of average.

Both pale in comparison to any real talent like a Jericho, Angle or Bryan. Punk was good enough in the ring to carry despite what all these "anti smark" memers say
>>
>>1391788
>>1391794
>>1391799
Fine Speech.

>>1391811
>Rollins may be the most overrated worker in the current WWE.

Maybe.

>He is barely better than Roman who is the definition of average.

Now that's laughably fucking wrong on both counts.
>>
>copy-pasting a thread from /wew/
Why?
>>
File: image.png (247 KB, 383x535) Image search: [Google]
image.png
247 KB, 383x535
>these 3 are the future of the company

I honestly hate all three of them. They are killing WWE
>>
>>1392140
They've been in charge of the booking for the past 15 years?
>>
The actual story around the WWE Title is always the shittiest part of the show tbf.
It consumes the most time, is the most heavily micro-managed and suffers the most predictability.
It has good matches because they goo all-out on the PPVs to make the title look good. But watching the week-to-week developing story surrounding the WWE Title is nigh-self harm.
>>
>>1391324
I bet faggot wwe fans will blame the bad buy rate on Roman and not Seth.
>>
>>1391338
Daniel Bryan is the most over wrestler on the roster and he doesn't even wrestle any more.
>>
>>1392159
>buyrate
>2014+2
>>
>>1391338
Did they?
>>
>>1392140
Agreed. All three of them are certified ratings killers. Their collective booking has been so horrendous that fans can't be arsed to bother with them anymore.
>>
>>1392210
>booking is horrendous
>blames the workers

fucking /wwe/ marks
>>
Everyone was amped on Rollins return, but theyre booking him to put over reigns (shocker) so people lost interest immediately. Why should I care about a dude who's clearly about to get fed to the most boring person on the roster?
>>
Literally manchild mindset

>Seth pre-return
BASED SEF
BASED A+

>Seth returning
BOOHOO WHY ISN'T HE A FACE
BOOHOO WHY ISN'T HE GOING OVER A CHAMPION WHO JUST WON IT AT WRESTLEMANIA
>>
>>1391791
Word. And I can give you several other examples of not just in wrestling, but pop culture in general where people fall for shallow baby tier shit.

>>1391801
>indie
>Japan
what?

>>1391809
Nah, Paul Heyman's influence back then in OVW was huge for Punk getting some level of a chance period.

>>1392322
This pretty much.
>>
>>1391788
tfw the best storyline this year thus far was Golden Truth
>>
>>1391805

>TNA isn't indies
>Muh NJPW
>Muh outlaw wrestling
>>
>>1391324
>been building up since Shield was a thing
>"4 week buildup"
You can fuck right off
>>
>>1392164
By that logic Lesnar is the most over.
>>
I could tolerate Ramen a little more if he stopped using the Shield music.

Get your own fucking music.
>>
>>1391336
>When an outside factoid

perhaps he's not outside of the line. perhaps this is a setup for his win at MITB?
>>
>>1392839

You're 2 years too late with this complaint. Also when the shield finally re-unites it will be so anti-climatic cause now everyone associates that based theme with constant booing.
>>
>>1392839
The Shield music was Roman Reigns' original music.
>>
>>1392839
That work song by fifth harmony would be good for Roman since all he does is work smarks
>>
>Dean cashes in
>makes it a triple threat

>Seth throws Roman out of the ring, Pedigrees Deano, pins him, and wins the title back without even pinning Roman

Would this be too stupid to happen twice with Seth now?
>>
>>1393158
>wasting the MITB this early
>>
>>1393158

Ideal scenario right here
>>
>>1393158
>>1393165
>>1393208
I thought the opposite.
>Dean cashes in
>Goes for Roman as revenge
>Pins Roman
>Seth can still say he hasn't been pinned and bitch about wanting another rematch
>>
>>1393277

>Roman getting pinned by a guy who lost clean to Brock and Jerishill
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.