[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where's bodyweight general?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: hamilton-sabot-rings.jpg (26 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
hamilton-sabot-rings.jpg
26 KB, 500x350
Where's bodyweight general?
>>
>>1390863
Why bodyweight?
>>
File: Yuri_van_Gelder_01.jpg (618 KB, 5207x3563) Image search: [Google]
Yuri_van_Gelder_01.jpg
618 KB, 5207x3563
>>1390863
Who #teamYuri here?
>>
File: fff.jpg (39 KB, 534x621) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
39 KB, 534x621
Wheres Alex?

Can someone check my shoulder protaction? Even though I'm pushing as hard as I can, I feel like something is wrong and theres a little winging.
>>
>>1390928
You're hunching over.
You shouldn't hunch over.
Just push your shoulders out and flex them.

Well, assuming your goal here is a full planche. Otherwise, do whatever you want.
Also, you look lanky.
>>
>>1390966

Hunching? I'm trying to push as much as possible to avoid scapular winging. Also what's the difference between hunching and hollowing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n_bt2rAi2k

Do I have a chicken head problem? Should I try to push back my neck as hard as possible?

I'm only 5'9'' I look lanky because I'm too skinny.
>>
but guys, I lost a lot of weight and I've gotten stronger I think
why aren't these exercises getting easier? they suck just as much as always

it's not even muscle fatigue that prevents my exercises, my joints hurt.
>>
>>1391007
My idea of having a hollow position is that while you push your shoulders forward, your back doesn't round up, and your torso is in a straight line (which means that you also try to avoid the natural lordosis in your lower back).
Hunching is rounding your back to compensate for the lack of strength in either the shoulders, lats, or lower back (basically, instead of keeping your body in a straight line, you push your upper back out higher to keep your lower back in position).
Scapular winging can be avoided by pushing your shoulder blades to the sides and flexing your lats, at least that's how I'm doing it.

https://youtu.be/Tr6neoDDWw4

In the video you have the issue explained better. His other planche videos also have very good insight.

I don't think the neck is important in hollow positions, unless you really push it down.

Eat more, lad.
>>
>>1391016
Maybe you got stronger only in specific individual muscle groups, but others are still weak.
Also, specific movements require a bit/a lot of technique and cooperation of multiple muscle groups. Sometimes they require strong joints/ligaments to work while the muscles rest.
A lot of calisthenics movements require the "right feeling" rather than strength.

If your joints hurt, you need to do conditioning exercises for them.
>>
>>1391036

Thanks for the video. I can see my problem here, even during push ups my back is getting too rounded. I dont have a way to see myself doing pull ups but I feel that I'm probably rounding my back too.
>>
>>1391141
For pull ups, push your chest forward and up, as if you'd want to do a perfect pull up (it's an actual pull up variation).
If your biceps and forearms get too worked up (they burn too much) when you do pull ups your way, it means that you're rounding your back. The biceps shouldn't really get a burn, or at least it should be a minimal one.

https://youtu.be/uLO5EsWXqxc

You will also get more reps when you start doing it the way I described.
I mean, I had the same problem as you and got more reps in after I switched it up.
>>
>>1391184

Isnt he using momentum to touch the bar? I follow the recommendations from GMB but my biceps always fail before my back if I go for reps so maybe I'm rounding my back.
My pull ups are much slower and I focus on scapular retraction. Yesterday I read somewhere to keep the movement vertical so maybe Ive been doing it all wrong since when I pull down the scapula I compensate rotating my legs foward. I'm working on lat lean because I'm certainly deficient in shoulder ROM. I'm probably doing 'banana' pull ups like in the second video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl4n9ZbrpPw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl-fOY_vz1Q

Do I need to use momentum to touch the bar? I can't go to high doing a controlled and slow movement. I need to start training explosiveness all this time I feared fucking up my joints and kept everything slow.
>>
>>1391211
Ido Portal is very advanced in calisthenics, so I really doubt he needs to use momentum for those pull ups.

Legs aren't an issue, at least for me. I keep them a little forward and my abs flexed so I don't swing during my pull ups. But they need to be stuck in this positions throughout the whole set.

The banana form certainly isn't bad. Many guys have this form during pull ups, and that's their primary form for muscle ups.

You don't really need momentum to touch the bar. You shouldn't. It should be a strength exercise, so if you can't do it - no problem, you're just not strong enough, do as much as you can with CLEAN form.

Watch out for elbow pain during explosive movements.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.