[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kind of ma training do you need to master nunchucks? How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: WPNU91-846.jpg (273 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
WPNU91-846.jpg
273 KB, 1500x1500
What kind of ma training do you need to master nunchucks?

How much lethal damage are nunchucks capable of and are they effective for zoning against a knife attack? Would a bo staff be better for that?

Are these good for basic self defense at home and can you carry these in public?
>>
>>1390731
>What kind of ma training do you need to master nunchucks?
Boxing and Muay Thai.
>>
>>1390731
I hope this is a troll
>>
>>1391475
That's the thing about 4chan. Even if it is a troll, it's possible it's not a troll, so you have to give out the best information possible, spend your time and energy into spreading what you believe, because if you don't, and it's not a troll, you would have left a human being, an individual who has a past, experiences, thoughts, feelings, a future, potential for grow, a human being who effects others, spreads knowledge, be it false information, the truth, the closest we can possibly get to the truth, and that will effect other individuals who effect others.

We have to try, because of that small chance that it isn't a troll, because it's the right thing to do.

If we leave one person ignorant, if we cause someone to be delusional, that has ever lasting and exponentially large effect on other human beings, on the world as a while.

Try to convince a troll, and he just gets what he wants.

Don't try to convince a genuine person, and you leave the whole world ignorant and delusional.
>>
>>1391475
>>1391649
And the sad part is, genuinely good people, people who want to spread truth, believe lies and false information to be the truth.
They thing they're doing a good thing, if they can comprehend it, they think they're doing the world a good thing. But in the end, they might as well have had evil in their hearts, and burning fire of lies on their tongues.

Good people end up burning the ones they care about. Good people end up burning the people they speak to.
The whole world burns.
Some cry, some are debilitated; while some, they just laugh, and laugh.

In the end, the fire is upon your skin, and can leave in in agonizing pain. The only thing you can do is laugh.
>>
File: 1388375270036.gif (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1388375270036.gif
1 MB, 600x338
>>1391657
>>
>>1390731
>bo staff
>nunchucks
>self defense

yeah maybe if you're living in rural china 2000 years ago. Try a pipebomb instead
>>
>>1390731
>What kind of ma training do you need to master nunchucks?
Watching a tutorial
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6QbRgi4wO8
>can you carry these in public?
wikipedia says it's illegal in new york, canada and parts of europe
>>
>>1391690
holy shit this
>>
>>1391961
>wikipedia says it's illegal in new york
which is nonsense, the ban came about after someone saw enter the dragon and sincerely thought "wow, these things are far too dangerous to be in the hands of the public"
>>
>>1397595
If they knew how to use them properly they definitely could be dangerous
>>
>>1390731
A hot trick is that all the flippy shit you see people do in movies is just a way to train your hands to move faster and shit. If you have solid nunchucks, preferably metal, and just wail on a guy, you'll be fine. There isn't anything special to it. Of course, at that point, you might as well be using, y'know, a bat or your elbow or something, but hey.
>>
>>1397595

People have used them in attacks before, but I pretty sure the reason you gave is why they were banned. I'm not even being sarcastic.

Also, is there a recommended training source for learning to use nunchucks, preferably video. I'm looking to get a pair soon.
>>
>>1397900
well I think the whole point of nunchucks is that they are a lot more portable and concealable then others.
>>
>>1397823
yes but the argument has been made that it's legal to own a gun in NY but you cant own two sticks with a rope between them because it's too dangerous. And the courts ruled, yes that is in fact the case, nunchakus are too dangerous.
at least in california you can own them for martial arts practice purposes, but in NY its an outright ban. If you get caught having nunchakus in your home you will be charged the same as if you had an illegal firearm.
>>
>>1398381

Yeah, is part of a large blanket ban, with brass knuckles, switchblades and the like. There's a an attorney trying to get it repealed though. I think his case was dismissed and then reopened after McDonald vs Chicago
>>
>>1397900
>elbow or something
Nonsense. You get far more reach and power with nunchucks.

Showing off with nunchucks is far more intimidating than swinging a bat.
With a bat, you get "oh shit, he has a bat."
With nunchucks, you get "oh shit, that's some crazy looking shit, and that looks pretty difficult all while he's doing it while making it look so effortless, he knows fucking martial arts, he knows the art of beating the shit out of people"

In the end, nunchucks and batons deal so much more damage on average than punches, all while requiring so much less training, skill and effort, nunchucks are better to have than being unarmed.

Using a weapon is, generally speaking, better than being unarmed, and that's why your post looks like bait.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.