[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dreams Do Come True
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Sup /asp/. I just got done teaching my first kickboxing class. It was just a fill in, not a regular thing yet, but I'm getting there.

3 years ago, I couldn't walk without a cane. A year ago, I couldn't do one proper pull up. Anything is possible with training.

So that's what this thread is for. Martial arts, parkour, hema, whatever. What are you training for /asp/? What are your dreams?
>>
>>1389212
Im happy for you Kevin
>>
>>1389212
professional wrestling only
>>
>>1389212
>all of this

Training started as a hobby growing up, but only recently have I found my passion for it. I'm going for my black belt again this year and have awesome team support that has been getting me through the rough start.

It's hard to describe the thrill that all disciplines share, but that's what keeps drawing me into learning and experiencing new things.
>>
Please have sex
>>
>>1389212
Congrats man!!

I was supposed to have my first amateur fight tomorrow, but a combination of problems (the promoter not being able to get everything set) ended up delaying it. So most likely I won't have it until the end of June and I'm so nervous that I'm not going to be ready.

I want to coach boxing, but before I transition fully into that, I want to have a few amateur bouts and, if I'm good enough, transition to the pros and have a few local pro bouts. I'm too old and nowhere near talented enough to think of doing this full-time, but I want to see what I'm capable of while I'm still young enough to try.
>>
>>1389376
You're going to kick some ass, man.
>>
I've been teaching judo on the regular for about 9 months. Frankly, I've been surprised on how much teaching someone else fine tunes your own skills. I never intended on getting promoted as high as I did, but I just kept showing up regularly and trained as hard as I could when I was there.
>>
>>1389212
>What are your dreams?

I want to have a decent record in amateur Taekwondo, Boxing, Karate, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Sanda/Sanshou, Judo, and MMA.

Go pro in MMA just a little, and then hopefully inventing some new breakthrough in technology that makes me rich and guides the future of humanity technologically long past after I die.
>>
>>1389376
I'm in the exact same boat! I was going to have a fight July 9th, but the only guy they could find in my weightclass already had three fights.

>>1389347
What's your black belt in?
>>
>>1389482
I'm working towards my black in kempo kung fu (chuan fa). However I'm also planning on cross training in bjj, I already train with a few sifu that do just that.
>>
>>1389534
Neat! One of my Kickboxing instructors does Kempo Kung Fu.
>>
>>1389861
Do you know where they trained? Although my school doesn't affiliate with other kempo schools, I know the GM that started Moi Pai has students that are teaching around some northern states.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.