[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was everyone so unprofessional when this happened? The only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 45_shockmaster1.jpg (27 KB, 568x319) Image search: [Google]
45_shockmaster1.jpg
27 KB, 568x319
Why was everyone so unprofessional when this happened? The only person who did the right thing was Sid who tried to salvage while Harlem Heat and Davey Boy Bitch kept breaking kayfabe by mocking him.
>>
He had a damn sparkly Stormtrooper helmet on. The gimmick was destined to fail.
>>
Don't forget Ric choosing the worst opportunity to shout his 'I told you so' as loud as he fucking could.
>>
>>1388680
Because it was funny as fuck
>>
>>1388680
>He thinks he would have kept composure.

Only if you were a soulless and no fun fag like Sid. I remind you the guy fucking attacked somebody with scissors.

The gimmick was DOA on arrival. Even if he didn't trip, it was a fucking old superstar in a goddamn stormtrooper helmet with sequins.
>>
>>1388692
N-NANI?
>>
It was terrible John
>>
https://youtu.be/2ubeclmQxRc
>>
>>1388680
There's an interview with Cody Rhodes about watching that happen when he was younger. Apparently the shockmaster was a close friend of the Rhodes family and when the helmet fell off, Cody said something to the effect of "Hey, that looks like Uncle Fred!" i'll see if I can find the clip.
>>
>>1388703
https://youtu.be/y5oMiqJRVqs
>>
>>1388703
It's actually Dusty telling the story about Cody I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5oMiqJRVqs
>>
>>1388680
Is it just me or was that filled with homoerotic undertones?
>>
Out of this farce the one thing that just baffles and flabbergasts me is the goddamned storm trooper helmet! Its not like Star Wars was some C-list movie with a regional release in Singapore. Everyone, EVERYONE fucking knows that's just a storm trooper helmet soaked in spray glitter! It didn't work and it could NEVER work. Imagine Kane's debut in 98 at Hell in a Cell but just replace his mask with a red glittery storm trooper helmet. He'd have been back to Issac Yankem the NEXT NIGHT and they would have just dropped 3 months of story building right then and there.
>>
>>1388688
This
>>
How the fuck was he supposed to wrestle in that helmet? It falls off on a simple koolaid man bump.
>>
>>1389716
If that happened today Disney would drop a lawsuit on their ass before it hit TV screens.
>>
>>1388686
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: shockmaster.jpg (41 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
shockmaster.jpg
41 KB, 640x480
They went from glittered stormtrooper to electrician.
>>
>>1388684
Was the Shock Master suppose to be taken seriously?
I never reall6 knew?
>fat guy
>fucking bedazzled storm trooper helmet
>that voice

I can't believe he was suppose to be taken seriously.
>>
>>1392618
He was suppose to be at least an upper mid-card face. From what I read back in the 80s before the Shockmaster was created most of the gimmicks were made for young kids and were very cartoonish/childish. During the early 90s WCW was still booking gimmicks like this even though most of the fans from the 80s who still watched outgrew this, WCW was behind in the times and thought this would be a popular face gimmick when they designed it but things quickly changed after it was executed.
>>
You would think they would have pre-taped this segment before airing it live, that way, if it fucks up, you can do a retake and get it right.
>>
>>1391623
I miss Tugboat
>>
>>1393043
This aint Smackdown
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.