[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>wrestling fans are contemptuous pieces of shit. they've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6
File: snowman.jpg (13 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
snowman.jpg
13 KB, 300x169
>wrestling fans are contemptuous pieces of shit. they've never been in the ring, taken a bump, or worked a match that wasn't on their mattress, and that anyone would bother to pay seeing. they get on the internet and write all this shit like they know everything, but they don't know crap because they've never been in the buisness
Is he right?
>>
And yet we're the reason he put food on his table for his family for a good portion of his life.
>>
>>1387682

I love how much marks and people getting heat hate the iwc. But the wwe has no problem shilling their shit online.

>buy wwe network sub plox xD

Get used to it, Vince, nobody wants your pet Samoan. We know youre a closet homosexual.
>>
File: 1437088380542.gif (987 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
1437088380542.gif
987 KB, 500x452
>>1387682
A movie critic doesn't need to make movie to critique a movie.
A food reviewer doesn't need to be a professional chef to critique the food.

To that regard its just a bunch old pro wrestlers who are marks for themselves that don't want people to comment on their fuck ups and short comings.

I don't need to take a bump to know you botched a fucking suplex.
>>
>>1387682
If someone shits down my throat, do I need to be a professional chef to know it's awful?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRpSoSLOR_A

Al Snow comes off as a bit of a cunt.
>>
>>1387686
Why do people always say this?

This is not a valid argument.
>>
>>1387682
Sure, he's right but what has he done to attract all those mainstream fans who never complain about tv on the internet?
>>
>>1387682
He's 100% right and you neckbeards know it, that's why what he says pisses you off so much.
>>
He's objectively right on this one. Even though he has always bitched and moaned about people too much - to the detriment of his own career.

>>1387749
it's embarrassing and shows the real lack of self-respect of the person saying it. "I may accomplish nothing of value in my life, but I do consume stuff created by others. And, in the end, doeant that make ME the most important person in this, right? Mom, right? You said I was important, mom...?"
>>
>>1387694
A critic is like a eunuch in a brothel. He knows how to do it; he has seen it being done every day of his life. But he is unable to do it himself.
>>
Wrestlers have such fragile little egos. Even jobbers like Snow.

Imagine if a restaurant served you a steak blacker than coal and after you complained the chef came out and told you that since you've never been a cook in your life you arent allowed to criticize his work.
>>
>>1387730
He comes of an idiot mark for his own carny business.
>>
>>1387806
This makes zero sense.
>>
>>1387682
IWC and neckbeards BTFO BY snow
>>
Al Snow told Santino that comedy doesn't get over.

Al Snow said that.
>>
>>1387929
I thought that was cornette or Hugh Morris, And then he slapped him
>>
File: foley.jpg (34 KB, 774x558) Image search: [Google]
foley.jpg
34 KB, 774x558
But Al, you too have also never had on a match that anyone would bother paying to see either!
>>
AL SNOWPLOWING THE FUCKING SMARKS TO THE CURB

BASED
>>
>>1387682
Not really.

As performers they have to entertain us, if they dont then they are shit.

We in the end are the ones that decides their worth-

That being said who the fuck is this literal who?
>>
File: this-is-your-home.jpg (17 KB, 298x400) Image search: [Google]
this-is-your-home.jpg
17 KB, 298x400
>Al Snow, the guy whose gimmick was literally offering blowjobs from a severed mannequin head that he carried with him at all times, has an opinion
>>
He's right though, smarks should just shut the fuck up or find another hobby

Literally brony-tier in terms of pure autism and cringe
>>
File: al snow and head.jpg (45 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
al snow and head.jpg
45 KB, 500x250
>>1387943
>who the fuck is this literal who?
A WWE has-been currently working in TNA.
>>
>>1387949
>>1387944
Kek.

Well what he said was probably just to excuse his career sorry state.
>>
>>1387682
No. A person can be knowledgeable in say, movies, without being an actor or a director or any of that stuff. We may not know how to do it, but we know how the result should be like, and we can tell if it's good or bad when we compare it to similar products.
>>
>>1387749
Yes, it is.

Wrestling is a professions firstmost. These guys would not be taking bumps if they weren't getting a decent paycheck. I understand, being a neet you wouldn't get it.
>>
A lazy excuse to attempt to justify giving shit products. See how it's always WWE shills that pull this argument? No other wrestlers have to cry and say that.

You notice how the people who always pull this out are giving something of a lower caliber to what else is out there. You never hear it from people actually doing good.
>>
>>1387913
It's possible it makes sense, but you do not possess the mental tools to understand it.
>>
>>1387686
Fucking reddit jesus christ
>>
There are stuff wrestlers know that marks/smarks don't know.

Smarks/Marks get worked all the time and don't even know they're getting worked. They just pat themselves on the back for using terminology and making a subjective statement they think is intelligent.

At least Meltzer, Bryan and Vinny and guys like that talk to wrestlers and other people in the business. They get a true inside look at everything. They don't read shit online or hear a shoot and accept it without question.
>>
>>1387694
Movie critics get paid to promote shit. Not a good example. But yeah wrestling is different we can clearly all see live when you are shit and when you ain't.
>>
>>1388104
I think you're big enough of a tool for all of us rly
>>
>>1387682
>you didn't cook this food so you're not allowed to say whether it tastes bad or not
>>
>>1388165
especially when you consider that wrestling exists only to be performed for an audience. it's not like al snow is doing this shit alone in a locked room somewhere
>>
Al Snow the D-player jobber with an oral sex mannequin gimmick really needs to get off his high horse. His biggest accomplishment was being the butt of half the jokes in Foley's book.
>>
>>1388544
It's more like
>You have never eaten risotto before, so you are not able to say "this is a bad example of risotto"
>>
>>1388613
So if I've never eaten risotto before, and the plate put in front of me has burnt rice topped with a piece of shit, I have to be able clean that entire plate and be able to cook 5 star risotto myself before I can say that the plate with burnt rice topped with shit was bad risotto?
>>
>>1388658
What you described wouldn't be risotto by anyone's definition.

Your example may almost be valid for backyard wrestling - where they do no actual moves and just sort of fall about for a while wrecking each other.

But pro wrestlers who have worked their way up to feature on WWF tv shows are beyond that level.

You're completely able to say "I don't like Al Snow's matches" - because that's personal taste. But saying "he's bad" or "he can't", when you yourself have never wrestled, is just talking from a position of zero information or experience. So don't expect people to listen to or value your opinion. That's all.
>>
>>1388721
>"I don't like Al Snow's matches" - because that's personal taste. But saying "he's bad" or "he can't"
Even making the distinction between those 2 is pointless autism. At the end of the day both mean that performer is not entertaining enough, one of them just sounds less like a personal attack so it does not hurt the feelings of these pussies.
>>
>>1388755
Or, to put it the other way: one is making the inexperienced armchair critic sound more important and knowledgable than he really is.

This whole discussion is a matter of perspectives, really. You either agree that armchair critics are essentially worthless, or you have to agree that every web warrior is equally valuable.

Either way: you think my views here are excellent, and full of valid points.
>>
Hes right. Smarks are literal cancer. You fat fucks need to get out more
>>
>>1387682
oh look, a non-draw talking
>>
>>1388767
lose weight ya reddit fedora
>>
>>1388779
Shut it lil guy
>>
>>1388760

Or how about I think that things are not so black and white? People are allowed to express their opinions and critique what they are not entertained by - sometimes it's just noise, sometimes there's some good, constructive criticism in there.
All these "armchair critics" are the audience for which these wrestlers put a show on. They should work together instead of shunning eachother. I'll concede that the internet has changed the dinamic of things a little bit - everyone can make themselves heard and as such, thy may get get an inflated sense of importance (which is true for the wrestlers as well, fucking Al Snow doing just that started this thread), plus more opinions than before means the wrestlers can't keep up with everyone so they're going to have to dismiss some of them.
That does not mean you can just go to the extreme and close your eyes to everything that does not suit what you want because then you'll drive away the other (important) part, be it the wrestlers or the fans.
Middle grounds man, they exist for a reason.
>>
>>1388792
I'll be honest, I didn't read this. But I am going to assume it was a big fat wall of text justifying why your opinions are precious to the world.

But I want you to know anon that I agree with you. Your opinions are incredibly valid. They are just as valid as mine are - which are the polar opposite of yours.
>>
>>1387682
I give you money and expect you to do your job. If the job is shit I will bitch.
Why should anyone listen to some guy who got over with one time gimmick that only got midcard level and never drew a dime anywhere else.
>>
>>1388814
Well, thank you for being honest.
And if you think this is a wall of text, you have attention span issues.
>>
>>1388834
I'll admit that. When it comes to internet critics explaining why their criticisms are important, on a wrestle board, on 4chan, I am a bit of a mayfly.
>>
>>1388838
>Trying this hard to sound condescending
>Doesn't realize the same thing applies to him trying to act like his opinion is the smarter on a chinese imageboard.
>Over WWE shills getting butthurt

Who's worse, the first cunt or the cunt that acts like a cunt while calling everyone else out for being a cunt?
>>
>>1388856
No, I literally said the whole time that my posts are equally worthless. But other people keep telling me "No, no, anon! Online posters are really the lifeblood of this industry and every other industry! You are magnificent!"

You can't blame me for sticking around and listening to all of this free praise, can you? I mean - when I am by all accounts fucking awesome and the centre of all creation?
>>
>>1388860
>Online posters are really the life blood of this industry.

Nice strawman. I like the meme that the IWC despite being literally anybody who could be smart enough to figure out an internet connection are all somehow NEETs who've never gone to shows and the implication that the fans in the arena all are too stupid to hazard online.

But who really gives a shit? It's just shills being paid to defend the shit product being put in the ring because otherwise the checks would stop being written. Shills gonna shill, ratings gonna fall, life goes on.
>>
>>1387749
Just because you dont understand it doesnt mean its invalid.

This is really no different than an author getting mad that their fans complain about a book said author published. Its childish, defensive, and insecure; moreover, it shows a complete lack of respect and appreciation for the people who made it possible for you to make a living doing what you love and is ultimately an incredibly prima donna thing to say.
>>
>>1387682
I know that the WWE product is trash and I KNOW if I were a writer I could do a better job. I also know all that is irrelevant because no one with true talent or good ideas will be hired and if they are they will be ignored, chastised or fired.
>>
>>1388894
This also gb2reddit
>>
the irony is that al snow is acting like the stereotype of a critic: frustrated also-ran who thinks his opinion is really important. actual main event guys don't complain about this crap, they're too busy succeeding
>>
>>1388928
CM Punk main evented....
>>
>>1388936
Not Wrestlemania, one of his biggest gripes
>>
>>1388165
Movie critics get paid to tell you if a movie is good or not. It's a pretty good example.
>>
File: ME WM.png (123 KB, 552x208) Image search: [Google]
ME WM.png
123 KB, 552x208
>>1388936
>>1389426
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.