[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AJ IS FAVORED TO BEAT CENA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7
File: AJ.png (96 KB, 1273x218) Image search: [Google]
AJ.png
96 KB, 1273x218
I REPEAT: AJ IS FAVORED TO BEAT CENA
>>
>odds against Cena

Uh-oh.
>>
He gets at least 1 to Cena's 2.
>>
Because Cena always loses the first match of the feud

Especially against an indie darling
>>
Cena has a shit load of respect for AJ, he probably forced Vince's hand to give AJ the win
>>
>>1385688
>respect

His promos have certainly shown it.
>>
File: 1454376763896.png (245 KB, 534x576) Image search: [Google]
1454376763896.png
245 KB, 534x576
>>1385667
>>
The bookmakers are clearly just trying to work the betting marks.
>>
NICE ODDS YOU HAVE THERE
>>
>>1385664
Woah woah woah, how the fuck is there betting on a fictional sport? This is the most retarded thing I've ever heard.
What's stopping whoever owns WWE from putting good money on the underdog (fuck knows how there's an underdog in a fake sport anyways) and then just making him win on the night? or the wrestler involved in the match from betting on/against himself?
This is blowing my mind. Betting on pro wrestling, jesus what has the world come to.
>>
>>1385768
Maximum bet is like 50 Euros
>>
>>1385770
What's that in real money?
Either way, it still doesn't make much sense because it's literally free money to the people involved in the match or making it happen.
>>
File: Y2J.jpg (51 KB, 480x353) Image search: [Google]
Y2J.jpg
51 KB, 480x353
>betting on events with pre-determined outcomes without inside information
>>
>>1385774
About £38.
>>
>>1385664

>Cena always loses the first match

>its not going to be clean of course

>aj will lose the 3 set

>aj will get buried into the ground and end his career by being the hardest working jobber for vince

wwe ded
>>
>>1385768
Pretty sure that it'd be quite difficult for Vince McMahon to put on a bet without anybody noticing.
>>
>>1385833
>hey [intern], put a bet on for me will ya
>>
>>1385688
>le cena cares about anyone but himself meme
>>
>>1385768
You sound pretty autistic.
>>
>>1385788
He said real money.
>>
>>1385841
Am I wrong though?
How can you bet on a fake sport? What're you really betting on, whoever the owners thinks should win on the night?
It's not a real competition so I don't understand how that's meant to work.
>>
>>1385837
>implying Vince deigns to speak to his interns
>>
>>1385844
You can bet on pretty much ANYTHING lad.
>>
Pretty sure I saw a shoot with (I think) Nash where the interviewer is trying to get him to talk about pre-determined fights and he says "Can you bet on WM in Vegas?" and the reply is "No, because the outcome is pre-determined."

So can a 'fat clear this up? I know USA has weird Koran gambling laws which mean you can only do certain things in certain places, but what's the deal? Can you now bet on WWE or not?

If you can, well shit, Vince basically has a license to print his own currency.....
>>
>>1385857
This no doubt comes as a shock to you, sonny, but there are laws designed to prevent this very thing.
>>
>>1385866
Laws that are easily circumvented. Did you know that it's illegal to bet on your own fights if you're a fighter or boxer? Did you know that it happens all the time regardless?
>>
>>1385866
No no, explain what "this very thing" is, exactly.

America has zany attitudes to lots of things, and as I understand it, gambling is one of them. Isn't it like illegal to have poker games in your own home, or to bet on horses or send money across state lines or some shit?

So just explain how WWE fits into this - you can't gamble on the outcomes, surely?
>>
>>1385664

If the Smarks is correct by saying Vince McHitler will do anything to get Reigns over and make him look strong, it would make sense for AJ to go over Cena.

Reigns > Styles > Cena
>>
>TNA guy going over homegrown talent
Not gonna happen
>>
>>1385883
CM Punk wrestled in TNA
>>
>>1385884
That's like calling AJ Styles a WCW guy though
>>
>>1385884
Punk paid his dues.
>>
>>1385889
Styles has been gone from TNA for almost 3 years now, what's your point?
>>
>>1385890
>implying Styles hasn't
>>
>>1385664
AJ will win the first match and Cena will win the second.
>>
No shit.

Cena loses the first match then beats AJ clean in the next two.

AJ rots in mid card hell afterwards until he retires.
>>
>>1385871
>you can't gamble on the outcomes, surely?
That's exactly what you bet on.
>>
>>1385871
How is this any different from betting on a boxing match?
In a boxing match, you have 2 guys fighting. You decide who to bet on by looking at their past fights and comparing what you see there.
In a wrestling match, you have 2 (or more) guys. You look at their past booking, trying to guess in what direction will the story move and it's good to be savvy to the habits of this company.
Both are a gamble that requires both knowledge and luck, no matter how you swing it.
>>
>>1386182
I'm sorry, but are you completely fucking retarded?
A boxing match is a sporting competition. Pro wrestling isn't. It's like betting on what happens at the end of Game of Thrones or something. It has a predetermined outcome, how does it make any sense to bet on something if the outcome is predetermined?
>>
>>1386189
>boxing
>legitimate
>>
do none of you people have memory?
Ofcoure AJ is going to win Sunday, probably with an interference or dirty finish (Finn Balor, maybe), but even if Styles goes over clean, ultimately Cena will win the feud.
Look at nearly every feud Cena has been in.

Unless, the one in a trillion chance that in the end of the feud Cena turns heel NWO style and joins the BC (which WILL NOT happen), Cena will win the feud. AJ will on Sunday, maybe even beat Cena twice, but Cena will prevail.
>>
>>1386189
>lol predetermined
If you would open up your mind a little and actually try not to simply dismiss what I explained there it would make sense. Until then, shame on me for wasting my time on your thick skull.
>>
>>1386198
What a sad attempt to bow out of a debate you're getting fucked in.
What about the fact that it is predetermined do you not understand? People literally say to these wrestlers "You're going to lose that big match at Wrestlemania" or whatever, so they know the outcome. They get free money. The fact that you can bet on pro wrestling is honestly the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
It's a shame I have to waste my time on your thick skull honestly.
>>
>>1386203
>lol predetermined
You're still doing it.
>>
>>1386203
You typically can't bet on events held by the company you work for lad.

>your thick skull

Trying just a little too hard, buddy.
>>
>>1386206
You're not listening to my points. If it's predetermined, then there's nothing to bet on. It's not a competition.
Explain to me, how is this different from betting on what happens in next week's Game of Thrones?
>>1386208
It happens regardless though, boxers and fighters do it all the time through friends and whatnot.
also I was throwing that faggot's words back in his face, if you want to see a tryhard look at that guy
>>
File: Vomiting man.jpg (17 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
Vomiting man.jpg
17 KB, 400x267
>>1386194
Disgusting fucking kill it please
>>
>>1385688
The promo on raw this week kind of proves that.

I dont think ive ever seen BMJ give anyone that kind of respect on the mic before.
>>
>>1386214
And you're still ignoring the reality that you can place bets on nearly fucking anything.

>I'm not the tryhard, he is

You're still a tryhard buddy.
>>
>>1386235
You can bet on nearly anything when it's a competition. I've heard of betting on reality shows and elections but that's about it. Those things have an actual outcome that isn't predetermined because one man says 'You're going to lose tonight.'.
I'm not even sure what your point is any more. You can bet on things? Alright, now tell me why it isn't completely retarded that a pro wrestler can bet on himself by proxy or even just tell his friend that he's been set to lose.
>>
>>1386246
Casting aside the matter of bets closing off long before a match starts:

>wrestler telling anybody the finish to his match

Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>1385664
BMJ cares about the product, and he knows that if AJ doesnt get the win here, he's never going to be credible again, and it'll be a wasted investment.

If Vince doesnt know that and wants BMJ over in the match anyway, then he's a fucking idiot.
>>
>>1385664
>betting on wrestling matches where literally ANYTHING could happened
>>
>>1386214
That's because you're not maaking a fucking point.
I already explained in my first reply to you. Predetermined or not, most people don't know what's going to happen. You have to use a combination of knowledge and luck to win.
Let me give you some examples. There was this guy from /sp/ that asked here on /asp/ who should he bet on at WM. Various people gave various answers. I also gave one. Guess what, it was wrong. If the guy bet on what I told him, he lost some money.
There's this thing that happens on this board named /asp/ predicts. Before any PPV we predict the winners by completing a survey. Out of eighty something people that participated in the latest /asp/ predicts, only 5 got all the results right and I was one of them.
Kinda low winning rate for something that we "know the outcome of".
I know this is hard for you to understand, but these are still matches with a winner and a loser, predetermined or not. Something that game of thrones does not do - matches, fake or not, don't appear on game of thrones. If it's predetermined, then that's just one more factor to take in consideration when making your guess. That's all that predetermination is. Something you have to take in consideration when thinking about who'll win. What's so fucking hard about this?
>>
>>1386249
So your argument at this point is that there's some honour system between pro wrestlers where they won't tell anybody who ends their match?
Yeah I'm sure that really matters to them when there's free money on the line. Fuck man, you're ridiculous.
>>
>>1386256
>that format
Let me preface this by saying I didn't read that novel you wrote, but it's pro wrestling. People are literally told who will win and lose in advance? How the fuck can you bet on that?
It's like taking a bet on The Viper vs The Mountain in Game of Thrones. Ridiculous shit goddamn, I guess you wrestling fans really are as stupid as they say.
>>
>>1386259
It takes 30 seconds to read all that you moron.
Thank you very much for wasting my time, should have ended this a while ago.
>>
>>1386257
Your argument is literally your ass.

>honour system

This mark doesn't even know about kayfabe does he?

Most wrestlers in WWE:

A) don't even know their finish until moments before showtime
B) don't even tell their own families, let alone others

Please stop trying to talk about a subject you clearly have zero knowledge of. It's embarrassing.

As is being triggered by this for nearly EIGHT FUCKING HOURS.
>>
>AJ gets a cheese win at MiTB
>sets them up as heated rivals for the brand-split, top Face/Heel of Smackdown
>Cena gets the decisive win at SS for the new Smackdown world title

Easy as fuck.
>>
File: maxresdefault-1.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-1.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
>>1386214
>betting on Game of Thrones

You gave me an idea.
>>
>>1385883
>Implying Vince would buy Styles just to have him Job to Cena

He isn't that stupid
>>
>>1387441
Vince already wants to give AJ a belt since he made Roman look very strong
>>
>>1385664
Do you think the WWE or insiders place bets?
>>
>they actually believe a TNA guy will beat the WWE's top guy for the past 10 years

I bet you people also thought he'd beat Roman in the past PPVs.

AJ right now is content being a jobber and punching bag in exchange of getting a six-figure salary, a future title run and a guaranteed backstage job when he retires.
>>
>>1387441
>Vince isn't that stupid

First time watching WWE?
>>
>>1385690
Get worked by Cena's promo skills, mark
>>
>>1385787
Have sex. Not everyone spends their life in their basement looking at "dirtsheets"
>>
>>1385844
You can bet on fucking Game of Thrones, so yeah, it works
>>
>>1386189
game of thrones is a show where the ending can be anything so how are you supposed to bet on that? a wrestling match is just two sweaty greasy oiled up faggots rolling over each other where one of them will come out the 'winner' as long as the retards doing the betting don't know who the winner is gonna be then how is it any different than betting on any other sport between two people or two teams
>>
>>1385845
Yeah he does, haven't you watched SWERVED ON THE WWE NETWORK FOR ONLY 9.99 A MONTH WITH INSTANT ACCES TO ALL THE WWE, WCW AND ECW PPV'S AND HOURS OF ORIGINAL CONTENT?
>>
>betting on wrestling
wew lad, do people actually do this?
>>
>>1386189
But you don't fucking know the outcome, retard. Only Vince and his booking monkeys know. So it's basically the same as betting on boxing, dweeb.
>>
Can any of you autismo kings tell me what Rematch Cena's Win/Loss Record is?
>>
>>1386259
You didn't read that "novel" because you knew it proved you wrong and you couldn't handle being wrong because you have dug yourself a grave too deep. You thinking that you can't bet on wrestling is fucking gullible. End yourself, so you won't have to live being humiliated.
>>
>>1387579
No shit you can. Why couldn't you?
>>
>>1387548
Fine Speech.

>>1387589
I'm pretty sure the only person in the past 5+ years to beat Cena twice in a row was Punk
>>
File: 1442038049413.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1442038049413.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>People actually bet on who's going to win a scripted fight

Holy shit manbabies grow up.
>>
>>1385664

Yeah just like Taker was favored to beat Brock

or Sting to beat HHH

or Rollins to beat Orton

or Braun Strowman to win the ARMBAR

You're a dummy dumb dumb.

Either way who cares who wins and loses. What you should be hoping for is a good match you miserable child. If you love AJanetty so much you should be hoping he loses so that Cena doesn't come back and win 3 in a row just like he did last year.
>>
>>1387612
This isn't a boxing thread /asp/hole
>>
>>1385768
>>1385787

You do realize that you can bet on things like Dancing with the stars and other scripted events too right idiots?
>>
>>1385664
Betting on pre determined things
>>
>>1386189

You are so autistic it actually hurts. Please stop. People bet on which character is going to die next on TV shows, betting isn't just exclusively for sports competitions you literal child.

>It's like betting on what happens at the end of Game of Thrones

I bet you'd be shocked if I told you that prop lines actually do exist for this.

>How does it make sense to bet on predetermined things

How does it make sense to bet on anything? In both scenarios you don't know the damn outcome, you're just going with your best guess most of the time. Lots of people lost money when Ronda got head kick KO'd despite her being a 12 to 1 favorite. You bringing in your prejudices about how pro-wrestling is so beneath you ends up making you look dumber than you actually are.
>>
>>1386246
>Those things have an actual outcome that isn't predetermined

Yeah for sure, elections can't be rigged or anything. You're a dumbass. I'm just going down the thread replying to all your posts due to how jarring your ignorance is and also cause I have nothing better to do.
>>
>>1387612

Is that the best you can do?
>>
>>1387625
That doesn't make it any less retarded,
>>
>>1387654

Gambling as a concept is retarded but you're an idiot if you think it doesn't make sense to bet on something you have substantial knowledge on. You're clearly clueless about pro-wrestling, that's why you think that winners and losers are decided 50/50
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.