[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /asp/ I want to get into hapkido training again because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: temp.png (13 KB, 1051x167) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
13 KB, 1051x167
Help me /asp/
I want to get into hapkido training again because I use to do it as a kid, and I enjoyed it more then General martial arts, and Taekwondo. All I was able to find was this list of available clubs. What can I do? It there a individualist training I can do with someone who knows Hapkido and can teach me?
>>
>>1385477
im around 6'3 why?
>>
>>1385511
Whats the significance of someones height have to do with my question? Is a certain height preferable in hapkido?
>>
>>1385508
Don't respond to him. He's a baiting shitposter.

Anyways, I don't know about the clubs in your area, but from where I'm at there is actually a place to learn Hapkido.
>>
>>1385515
>hapkido
>an ancient Korean martial art
>Koreans are Asians
>Asians are short
What?
>>
>>1385513
I've been looking for a place in my area, but no luck so far. I read some taekwondo places might teach hapkido, but I never really enjoyed Taekwondo.
>>1385515
Oh I wasnt aware, thanks
>>
>>1385527
>vertically enlightened
Put your trip back on Carter.
>>
>>1385530
Please don't take him seriously, he is a baiting wrestlefaf
>>
>>1385527
>speacial

Fuck you're dumb
>>
>>1385305
why hapikido and not a style that actually is applicable and gets you in shape? To much compliance drilling
>>
>>1385530
Go check it out and ask the instructor there if he knows it. You never know, you might actually find someone who does hapkido. Also widen your look outside of London into other parts of Ontario. I don't know how big or spread out it is, but maybe there is a club in a nearby city.
>>
>>1385543
When I learned hapkido, I found it is applicable in the real world. It taught me techniques on how to protect myself from weapons and my body from hits, as well as grappling.
>gets you into shape
I'm in shape already
>>
>>1385541
If I wanted to say anything to your face I'd need to sit down first
>>
>>1385552
can you actually do those techniques against someone fighting back or were they all drills where you let each other grab the others wrist and fluff your way through? did you develop the timing and reflexes to apply it to someone fighting back?
>>
>>1385564
well we did repetitive practicing of course. But we did get dully stabbed by a realistic knife or hit with the instructors cane if we mis-stepped once we felt like we got the motion down. The side wrist grappling movement (I think thats what its called) saved me from a punch in the face when I was a kid. Other then that I never got into an actual fight before outside of the martial art class, taekwondo class and hapkido class i took. Hapkido felt natural to me is the best way I can phrase it, out of all three. If there's a similar fighting style with real life application please do tell!
>>
>>1385586
so no sparring?
>>
>>1385593
the class was too small, and i was the only newbie so none. the other guys would however
>>
>>1385612
you and your senpai got ripped off at a mcdojo, inflating your ego making you think you could fight, while they get your money, you probably can't even do the same moves on someone trying to resist
>>
>>1385615
Ok
>>
>>1385644
No I just realized youre a trip nigger who derails asp threads. I was saying ok when I noticed you must have a pathetic existence and the only joy you get on chan is shitposting, with a trip.

I'm sorry you live an empty life.
>>
>>1385527
>Evidently and scientifically though it is known that you have the edge if ur over 6'

An edge in the um...high level...competitive...hapkido world, that exists now.
>>
File: HipHopKido.jpg (447 KB, 844x630) Image search: [Google]
HipHopKido.jpg
447 KB, 844x630
Ever since mma, mcdojo arts like hapkido have gone away. Good luck finding someone to teach you.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.