[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Curious Case of The Vaudevillians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: vaudevillains-1-620x350.jpg (59 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
vaudevillains-1-620x350.jpg
59 KB, 620x350
I'm confused, I genuinely thought these guys would get Ascensioned hard on the main roster, but they are doing pretty well.

They seem like a threatening team and are doing a good job as heels by getting plenty of boo's from the crowd.

Could it be? Will they actually do well or is this just a honeymoon period?
>>
Honeymoon period
>>
>>1382536
Hope they keep on doing well desu. Their gimmick is sorta dumb but they make it work
>>
>>1382536
Their gimmick is "dumb" but it works. Their shitty music hits and my wife instantly goes "oh these assholes. I hope they get their asses kicked!"
>heel level 900
>>
They get natural heat because they're boring assholes so it works.
>>
>heels getting booed

it's pretty nice to see guys booked to get boos get booed

What other heel gets noticeable boos? Only other guy I can remember is the Miz
>>
>>1382584
Jericho when he shits on the crowd, but they still love it anyways.

There's very few actual heels in the company who get booed hardcore anymore
>>
>>1382610
Roman
>>
>>1382615
>what is go away heat?
>>
>>1382615
That's "we don't want you here please go away" heat
>>
>>1382615
but he's not booked as a heel
>>
>>1382536
The funny thing about The Vaudevillains is that everyone and their mother claims to love the Attitude Era. But the Attitude Era was full of goofy over the top gimmicks. The Vaudevillains are literally as Attitude Era as you can get, yet most wrestling fans including most of /asp/ hates them and claimed their gimmick would never work outside of NXT.
>>
>>1382536
Its funny, I thought they were boring cunts in nxt, but they have been a fun new addition in to what was a rapidly growing stale tag team division. I thought they were going to be dead in the water but accidentally hurting Enzo gave them some heat that they can ride until the crowds legitimately can care one way or the other. And they seem to be getting more and more of a reaction every time they come out. It helps that Aiden English is surprisingly good on the mic.
>>
>>1382627
>dat singing voice though
>>
I'm so happy they let Aiden sing, that was such a based part of his mic skills in NXT
>>
if they ever turn the Vaudevillains face the name fails

1/10 bad gimmick
>>
>>1382642
They were face in NXT up until recently.

Also that's not what Vaudevillian means. Read a book you fucking casual.
>>
>>1382642
>Someone is this retarded
>>
>>1382653
They are the Vaudevillains, not the Vaudevillians. Read a book you fucking illiterate douche.
>>
>>1382536
One of the most boring shitters to appear in the WWE since forever. Goddammit their gimmick is fucking shit with no charisma or threatening presence. Cannot wait until they join The Social Jobbers.
>>
>>1382536
These guys are actually different and not boring, like the Ascension. Matches actually interesting. You know what that means. Buried
>>
>>1382784
Their heel work is done on you then I see
>>
>>1382797
If their gimmick is making people bored as fuck, then yes, they did.
>>
>>1382799
They're meant to be the "mature fun-ruining boring assholes" so yeah, they dress like old-timey strong men and ruin fun.
>>
>>1382536
They're probably the best heel tag team on the roster. Besides The Revival I can't name a tag team who plays heel as well.

I can never take the bullet club as heels because they're fucking cool. Like nWo were heels, but i fucking hated those guy - i fucking hated the hulkster(brother), hated Kevin Nash and was pretty whatever on Scott hall. I root for Gallows, Anderson and Styles - I want them to succeed.

I can't call the Dudley boys heels because people still love them. I still love them. Whenever they hit a 3D i'm fucking ecstatic.

But I fucking despise the vaudevillian characters. I legit understood why cass beat the shit out of them when they tried to reinjure enzo. They're so fucking pretensious - and they're insulting the gotch family in the process.

I love them for that. I finally have a bad guy I seriously don't sympathize with.
>>
>>1382824
They also cut into everything just at the right time for you to "are you fucking serious fuck off" like how they cut right into the New Day and Enzo show off the other night
>>
File: tumblr_nfrowlaKgP1qzx229o5_250.gif (2 MB, 245x176) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfrowlaKgP1qzx229o5_250.gif
2 MB, 245x176
>>1382541
I thought their gimmick worked better in NXT when they were babyfaces/antiheroes. The whole bit where they'd star in classic black and white movies wrestling bears and stop the Lucha Dragons from robbing banks is hilarious.

I can't find a vid link, but here's a gif.
>>
>>1382879
They were heels during the Vaudevillain pictures era tho.
>>
>>1382584
Sheamus and Rusev get boos, Del Rio gets booed aside from his Si! nonsense but Miz is definitely the best heel on the roster
>>
>>1382968
Yeah, but it was more played for laughs, and less pure dickery.
>>
>>1382573
>leaving out the part where your wife says "... By New Day,"
>>
>>1382621
His catchphrase literally says "i'm not a good guy" in it. How the fuck is he a babyface?
>>
>>1382617
>>1382618
That doesn't mean it's bad. His single goal is to get you to hate him, and guess what? He's doing his job.

Just because you arbitrarily decided only some types of heat are valid and others aren't doesn't mean the WWE has to follow those rules.
>>
>>1383238
Cena released a rap single one decade ago titled I'M A BAD BAD MAN and nobody disputed him being a face.

>>1383240
>Vince actually wants his superhero to be hated

You are the worst kind of mark.
>>
>>1383238
Because he's not a mustache twirling, puppy kicking, asshole like every other heel.

As far as characters in the WWE, Roman's is about as ambiguous as it gets. Everybody else is either a paragon of virtue or a complete dickhole.
>>
File: Vaud.jpg (86 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Vaud.jpg
86 KB, 1200x675
>>1382536
I don't know anon, but I hope they go over with the overall crowd. I love to watch these guys, make me chuckle every time.
>>
>>1382615
Elias Samson
>>
>>1382584
The Revival.

Based Heels
>>
Concussing Enzo was literally the best thing that could've happened to them.
Without that they would have been forgotten about, but it gave them credibility as dangerous and also heat for taking out a fan favourite.
>>
>>1382536
I kinda feel they're just space-filling right now, and it won't last.
They barely get any TV time, yet are still getting title opportunities and PPV exposure.
So, short-lived common sense by the WWE. Which is a shame. They're very good.
>>
AIDEN I CANT STOP HATING ENGLISH
>>
They are good heels, and are being used correctly currently. My brother who recently got back into watching considers them to be douches, which means they are doing their job.
>>
>>1382536
Right now my favorite team

Thought for sure they'd get buried but they are making them heavy contenders still
>>
>>1382987
I'm guessing you're excluding Jericho and KO because they're "love to hate" kind of dickheads who are circumstancial faces instead of being booked that way? Cause I'd say KO is definitely the best "heel" right now.
>>
>>1382632
I muted when he started singing, fucking bubble throated balding snowman.
>>
I remember when they first joined main roster and whenever they came out unexpectedly on the ramp they'd still play the little diddly dee start to their music, haven't noticed if they cut straight to the horns when they come out unexpectedly lately, but that was a big shit whenever they tried to come in with an impact.
>>
>>1382987
>Miz best heel
>gets zero reaction from fans

No one gives a fuck about the Miz.
>>
>>1385041
>not loving Aiden's beautiful singing voice

Imagine being this much of a fucking pleb.
>>
good on the Vaudevillains for making shit work and adapting the gimmick for the main roster.
>>
>>1385036
I was, Jericho is pretty great though because even though the crowd always wants to cheer him he gets them to boo. KO does too much pandering bullshit trying to get laughs and cheers for me to consider him a true heel.
>>
>>1383240
But he's not booked as a heel
>>
>>1382536
It's funny, because everybody was shitting on them after their debut and saying they'd be back in NXT within a month. Legit putting that Jersey manlet out of action has been great for their careers. I'm glad they're proving the fat smarks wrong.
>>
>>1386241
>implying that Jericho doesn't go for comedy

>>1386245
The Vaudevillains were smark darlings before you even knew they existed lad.
>>
>>1386253
You wish, fatty.`
>>
>>1386272
>le fatty shitter is back

Really hoped that you'd bought that rope.

Aiden was always super-popular in NXT and Gotch is Ryan Drago.

Shutty.
>>
>>1386245
Enzo getting injured was actually great for both teams
>>
>>1386245
>>1386369
>yfw you realise it was a work and kayfabe is still alive
>>
File: 1456236874164.jpg (50 KB, 460x690) Image search: [Google]
1456236874164.jpg
50 KB, 460x690
>>1386443
>>
>>1382573
>Having a wife
Kek, have sex please.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.