[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brand exclusive PPVs are back
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: Raw-and-Smackdown1.png (253 KB, 615x400) Image search: [Google]
Raw-and-Smackdown1.png
253 KB, 615x400
http://prowrestling.net/site/2016/06/12/jerry-lawler-tells-fan-there-will-be-two-wwe-pay-per-viewslive-specials-most-months/

>WWE announcer Jerry Lawler was in attendance at the 38th annual Superman Celebration in Metropolis, Illinois. According to a fan in attendance who spoke with Lawler, he said that WWE was planning to have two PPV events monthly after the new brand extension starts. The format would be one PPV event for Raw and one for Smackdown.

>The exceptions for this change would be for the months with the big four events: WrestleMania, Summerslam, the Royal Rumble and Surrvivor Series. During the previous brand extension, WWE would alternate months for PPV events for Raw and Smackdown, with the big signature events being a combined show. Eventually, all the events would start combining brands.
>>
Could work.

New tittle confirmed then?
>>
>survivor series

hate this meme
>>
>>1377707
>two PPV events per month
Fuck off. Even less time to build up matches now
>>
>>1377765
But they will be brand exclusive
>>
>>1377765
Nope since now there would be a new ME scene.

Also its not like they build them enough asvit is.
>>
>>1377765
\Are you retarded?
>Week 1
Raw/SD
>Week 2
Raw/SD
Raw PPV
>Week 3
Raw/SD
>Week 4
Raw/SD
SD PPV
>>
File: 1313592506575.jpg (20 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1313592506575.jpg
20 KB, 268x265
So is this Vince's grand plan to finally drive the company into bankruptcy?
>>
>>1377707
That might just kill their current PPV set-up.
Like 20 PPV a year will kill their sales.

That is unless the Raw PPVs are kept as PPVs and the Smackdown PPVs are just Network events like NXT Takeover.
>>
>>1377823
WWE's PPV sales are nonexistent today anyway due to the network.

I still think one event a month per brand is overkill. To keep up with both rosters and NXT you'll have to invest like 30 hours a month.
>>
>>1377864
>To keep up with both rosters and NXT you'll have to invest like 30 hours a month.
Let's say that right now, the average WWE fan watches Raw, SD, NXT, and the monthly PPV, the only thing this adds a second 3 hour PPV
>>
>>1377707
this brand split is gonna kill whatever is left of this company
>>
I feel like this brand split will dissolve NXT in favor of also splitting them in between Raw and SmackDown. They currently and simply don't have the roster for them to accomplish this properly.

A positive that the talent won't (maybe?) get overworked leading to less injuries which has been plaguing the WWE currently.

Could lend to better easy to follow storylines if people end up favoring one over the other.

A show without the Authority (HHH or BAKA) can be a good thing. SmackDown will probably be the most watchable show. A good amount of talent were noted because of the original split.
>>
Why do we still call them PPVs?
>>
>>1377820
looks like it
>>
>>1378028
Easiest thing to call them. Live events is too vague. Special event sounds lame. What would you call them?
>>
>>1377707
This would be good for WWE if the ppvs weren't included in the network price.
To produce two big shows a month may be too expensive.
But hey, the old man knows what he's doing, amirite?
>>
>people don't remember Judgment Day, Great American Bash, No Way Out, Vengeance, No Mercy, Armageddon, Rebellion
>>
Sixteen fucking PPVs per year? Wow.
>>
>>1378843
Twenty.
>me in charge of math

It's only another three hours per month but jesus christ it seems like a crazy number.
>>
>>1378265
Was not 2 a month
>>
>>1377707
Thank fuck for this. It was stupid having the same guys on every PPV.
>hurr durr Ramen has to defend his belt at the Random Bullshit PPV, will he possibly retain?!
>>
>>1378845
They are probably ditching some months
>>
>>1378019
>dissolve NXT

good, gotta get rid of the neckbeards who ruin every show
>>
>>1377998
Do you think the average fan actually watches all of that?
I'd be willing to bet most average fans watch the DVR'd Raw and not much else at this point
>>
Guess I'm only watching the PPVs now.
>>
>>1378965
>this is what /wwe/ cucks actually BO-lieve
>>
>>1377820
Nope, this is Vince's endgame plan to finally rid himself of the need for the fossilised television networks and go "full stream ahead".

With two PPVs a month, WWENetwork (at just $9.99) becomes the only affordable way to watch.

Nobody wants a television deal these days, if they can run their own Netflix.

I really hope this works. You can have a total brand split, where RAW and Smackdown become fully fledged independent offerings; he can make deals with Japan and TNA to sell their products on his platform for a fee, etc etc. For fans, it's ideal because you will be able to get the whole world of pro-wrestling for a flat fee, and it would even include Vince's "competitors", so you can choose not to watch his torpid shit if you choose, and he won't care coz he'll still be taking his cut.

Everybody wins.

(WWE Network is just $9.99.)
>>
more hours in a month means more money from ads/sponsors. vince is a genius.
>>
>>1379086
Even with the RECORD LOW RATINGS there are more domestic RAW viewers than international Network subscribers.
>>
>>1379112
That's kind of the point. They want to convert the domestic viewers to WWE Network subscribers.

Vince made his fortune in TitanSports - he foresaw the home video boom and got WWF products out on VHS and made a packet. He gets that full integration of the production and distribution chain is the end goal. He always wanted a TV network - now he is in a position to realise the 21st century evolution of the tv network - the online, global streaming service. WWE will become literally the whole world of wrestling, and he will host his own products, and his competitors', and take a slice of them all.

And it will be good for the smaller feds, too, because they are going to get organic growth just from "curiosity clicks", if they make their offerings a part of the WWE online network.
>>
>>1379128
That's not the point at all and what you just said completely missed the point of what I was saying.
>>
>>1379139
It's absolutely the point of WWE Network - they don't want their product to be beholden to the budgets of an increasingly irrelevant medium (TV), or its broadcasting standards and censorships.

Please explain your own post in slightly more detail so I can understand why what you said was a relevant response to my initial post.
>>
>>1377707
WWE is going to go bankrupt. kek.
>>
>>1379086
TV revenue is one of their main sources of income. A "million" subscribers to the Network isn't really bringing in much.
>>
>>1377864
No you wouldn't, I sometimes watch RAW live, if not I skip through most of it and spend about an hour watching it and watch the PPVs and Takeovers and I'm all up to date.

You could never watch RAW and be up to date just watching the PPVs
>>
>>1379206
'no'
They get over $10 million from the network and they can still keep their sponsors if they go all in with it and scrap TV
>>
>>1379214
>believing Vince's lies

How many of those "million" subscribers are actually paying for it?
>>
>3 hours of Raw
>2 hours of Smackdown
>3(?) hours of PPVs x2

Nobody got time for that shit.
>>
>>1379218
The majority of the 1.2+ million subscribers are, not everyone's a NEET faggot like most people here
>>
>>1379223
and yet, here you are
>>
File: 1374661314858.gif (350 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1374661314858.gif
350 KB, 500x282
>>1377707
>>
>>1379282
only for the shitposting
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.