[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>What I learned on /asp/ is ______
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10
File: SpongeQuiz.png (308 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
SpongeQuiz.png
308 KB, 500x375
>What I learned on /asp/ is ______
>>
Tripfags are pure cancer
>>
Your taste is shit and mine is objectively correct
>>
BROTHER NERO
>>
Ambro needs to commit suicide
>>
wrestling is for faggots and manchildren, and they dont know how to use a board correctly.
>>
>>1377585
I learned that Carter wasn't black. I thought he was.
>>
That niggers don't draw.
That manlets don't draw.
That spics don't draw.
And that gooks don't draw.
>>
>>1377523
That I'm a manlet
>>
>>1377523
That deancuck is a fat low test spic
>>
He does it for free
>>
>>1377523

Learning Martial Arts Without A Teacher

It is in fact possible to learn a martial art and effectively apply it without a teacher and or sparring.

A common myth is that one is unable to perceive the flaws on one's movements when mimicking the movements of a martial art, and that a teacher is required to detect these flaws in form and aid in correcting them.
Detecting the flaws in one's form can easily be done with the utilization of attention to detail and a mirror.
It would take some very severe cognitive impairments and or lack of effort to be unable to do this, given that adiquate information is provided.

Another common myth is that muscle memory is required to apply martial arts, and that one would be unable to participate in combat without getting a gluteus maximus kicking.
One reason people believe this myth is because of how much more quickly humans tend to react to a stimuli with muscle memory rather than conscious reaction time. They fail to understand that this in no way means that conscious reaction cannot be utilized. With higher aptitude for reaction time and or training, one who may have never engaged in hand to hand combat will be able to perform as well if not better than one who has trained muscle memory for hand to hand combat, not to mention how muscle memory can be used in combat if trained with proper knowledge and understanding beforehand.

Experience is only as creditable as how it's interpreted.

Not saying that learning with a teacher isn't almost always more efficient.
>>
>>1377523
That the wrestling community is more autistic and cancerous than mlp or sonic.
>>
>>1377523
That wrestling fans are at the same level of autism as comic geeks, mlp fags, sonic fans, and /v/ tier gaming fags.
>>
on the internet, everyone talks like a veteran carny
>>
>>1377832
Finally a sensible answer.
>>
>>1377832
Terrible copypasta for pasty virgns who are too intimidated to go to a gym
>>
the new cien guy loves to drive his dick to the opponent's face
>>
The brain of an adolescent is very plastic and able to create strong, lasting neuro-connections relative easily.
One's ability to strengthen one's aptitude is significantly reduced past the age of around 25 years.
After that, one's ability to strengthen one's bare basic ability to do things like memorize things, calculate, all other things stemming from that is just significantly reduced.
However, one's ability to recall stored information quickly and keep long-term memory is significantly increased.
Also, one can still learn and apply various techniques to improve one's ability of memorizing things and what not.
Knowledge, intelligence, and determination can compensate for each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KLPxDtMqe8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiduiTq1ei8
>>
>>1377523
WWE fags need a god damn general, holy shit
>>
>>1378014
Please, /v/ and /co/ aren't half as bad as wrestling fans. Like >>1377595 said, at least we can use a fucking board/organize a god damn general
>>
>>1377523

Having good genetics is like a Plusle that hatched at level 5.
Having average genetics is like a Minun that hatched at level 2.

For now, the Plusle is better than the Minun at Pokémon battle.

If you level up both the Plusle and Minun 2 more levels, the Plusle will be at level 7, and the Minun will be at level 4.
At this point the Plusle is the better Pokémon.

So far:
Plusle = level 7
Minun = level 4

Now, if the Minun were to go and train by himself, and level up 4 more levels while the Plusle sat on his ass playing Digimon, the Minun would be at level 8, and the Plusle would still be at level 7.

At this point, the Minun is stronger than the Plusle.

Plusle = level 7
Minun = level 8
>>
>>1380726
based analogy
>>
Once upon a time, there was a young monk.
This monk studied and practiced martial arts, and enjoyed it so.
The monk was hiking through a forest, and eventually found a mountain.
Upon reaching the top of the mountain, he found a bracelet.
He put it on.
The bracelet made it so he could only do 80% as well as he could without the bracelet on, but the bracelet would bring him pleasure, despite the lasting permanent effects it has on his mind.
The monk continued to study and practice with the bracelet on, and noticed how it made him weak, even though he still performed a lot higher than his fellow monks.
He would even do well despite how the bracelet caused him to sit still doing nothing productive while it left him in pleasure.
Many rises and falls of the moon had past, and the monk had contemplated and meditated on the subject of the bracelet and his life.
The monk came to the conclusion that he valued mastery and knowledge of martial arts more highly than he did pleasure.
The monk realized that he would forever be further away from his goals with martial arts because of the bracelet.
Though he struggled, the monk was able to cast the bracelet into a volcano so that it may corrupt him no longer.
The monk then shed a bittersweet tear, the monk knew that he could continue strongly on the martial arts journey he had decided for his life, though he also knew that he would forever be less of a man than he would've been if he were to never have discovered the bracelet.
The monk stored his story in the archives so that all monks after him may be enlightened, and not make similar mistakes to those that he had made.
>>
Do you know who you're speaking to, pleb?
I am a man above all men.
I am a omega male.
I am a truly superior human being, a fine example of the potential of the whole human race.
I am not only proficient in the martial art I started with, I utilize various disciplines, including the bladed arts.
I've trained for sport fights, MMA fights, as well as life or death situation fights.
Not only am I extensively trained in hand to hand combat and bladed combat, I'm proficient with many firearms, and combat situations involving firearms (as well as various other weapons) with numerous opponents, within numerous distances, along a wide spectrum of all the possible combinations.
I am not merely a man of battle, I am an intellectual, and a creative.

You should be honored that I bothered to grace any area you've interacted with (either physical or other), and that I've bothered to acknowledge your lowly existence at all.
You may beg for my supreme mercy, and I may be kind.
Chose your actions wisely, Anon.
>>
File: The Forbidden Kingdom.jpg (67 KB, 439x651) Image search: [Google]
The Forbidden Kingdom.jpg
67 KB, 439x651
Gung Fu: hard work over time to accomplish skill.
A painter can have Gung Fu can have Gung Fu,
or the butcher who cuts meat ever day with such a skill,
his knife never touches bone.
Learn the form, but seek the formless,
hear the soundless,
learn it all, and forget it all.
Learn the way, and find your own way.
The musician can have Gung Fu,
or the poet who paints pictures with words
and makes emporors weep, this too, is Gung Fu.
But do not name it, my friend, for it is like water.
Nothing is softer than water, yet, it can overcome rock,
it does not fight, it flows around the opponent.
Formeless, nameless, the true master dwells within,
only you can free him.
>>
>>
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
>>
>>1377523
calling someone short beats every argument no matter what
>>
>>1382287
That won't be soon.
>>
>>1377523
People are so set in their incorrect opinions and others flock to it because nowhere in real life will anybody agree with them
>>
File: 1463258875608.jpg (25 KB, 915x190) Image search: [Google]
1463258875608.jpg
25 KB, 915x190
>>1377523
All deans fans are crazy as him
>>
>>1382297
>All deans fans
It's just one man.
>>
>>1382299
but he's a three man band
>>
>>1382295
>I'm mad because everybody won't agree with me
>>
>>1382305
Who is facing his last stand. >>1382293
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 900x672) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 900x672
>>1377523
How fucking shitty this board is. It's so damn slow, and there are the same two trips running around fucking themselves in the ass as everyone watches.
>>
>>1382404
Phil pls
>>
>>1377523
How anti-immigration europeans feel right now
>>
That you can make literally any wrestler sound bad by saying:

> The only reason why X is over is because of (names one of his positive features, with possibly "Le" at beginning of it)
>>
>>1382404
>Phil knows Baeley Williams
Based
>>
You can do anything if you're intelligent enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swOuQBjbiLU
>>
tbch I'm just shocked at how much vitriol there is on /asp/ relative to other boards.

I post on /tv/, /fa/, /fit/, /pol/, and several of the most insipid and cancerous /vg/ generals and NOWHERE do I see the level of hostility that I casually encounter every day on /asp/. Specifically I'm referring to the wrestling threads.

You can't make a single post or state any kind of opinion in any thread without being told to "kys" or "have sex," or being just torn down and insulted in general. And I know it's not just ribbing or a work or bantz because the vast majority of wrestling post on this board include or eventually devolve into extremely cancerous shitflinging.
>>
>>1383053
To be honest it's just Deancuck who brings most of the hostility here. He usually tells people to "kys" or "have sex", or when someone has the upper hand he'll just resort to shit flinging words like "manlet" or "dweeb"/"nerd".
He's the concentrated embodiment of /v/.
>>
>>1383053
You sound like a little bitch
>>
>>1383084
It's unfortunate because there are a lot of anons who like to post here but can because of the autists chasing them off.
>>
>>1383084
DeanMark IS PedoMod Guy.
>>
>>1383092
Doubt it. He can't bear to shitpost without his trip. He needs to let everyone know it's him.
>>
>>1383094
Nah, he can do it. There has been some times when he uses his typical shitpost on an anonymous post.
>>
>>1383098
Thats just my Ambros continuing my legacy
>>
File: 1465339385656.jpg (9 KB, 331x259) Image search: [Google]
1465339385656.jpg
9 KB, 331x259
>>1377523
everyone has /asp/ergers
>>
>>1383118
You've admitted it before that you samefag in your trips and anonymously.
>>
>he learns from a taiwanese underwater basket weaving forum
>>
>>1383135
Thats just not true.
>>
>>1383145
Ok then prove it.
>>
>>1383160
Prove what?
>>
>>1383164
Exactly.
>>
>>1383171
Huh?
>>
File: blue justice.webm (3 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
blue justice.webm
3 MB, 320x180
America really does sucks.
>>
File: Wu-Style Tae Ke Outi.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
Wu-Style Tae Ke Outi.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>1381263
>>
>>1384745
>applause.gif
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.