[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This will suck,right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9
File: Wcpw.jpg (24 KB, 577x577) Image search: [Google]
Wcpw.jpg
24 KB, 577x577
This will suck,right?
>>
>>1375621
>clickbait
>smark circlejerk
>cucked SJW britslimes
>outlaw wrestling

Yup
>>
>>1375621
Can we go 2 days without a ShitCulture post?
>>
File: 1 (1).jpg (15 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1 (1).jpg
15 KB, 852x480
>>1375624
I used to check in every video they posted,was pretty fun.Now they just spam every 10 seconds of video with that stupid shit.
>>
Got my tickets today.

Might be fun
>>
>>1375621
They've got Joe Hendry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d66IHVgzf4
>>
"How I should have booked WPCW."
"10 Things WCPW wants you to forget about Adam Pacitti"
>>
>>1376426
kill yourself
>>
File: 1465697734628.jpg (14 KB, 773x100) Image search: [Google]
1465697734628.jpg
14 KB, 773x100
>>1376426
mmmmm
>>
>>1376400
He is worth giving it a chance alone. They have the talent and it's up to them to fuck it up now.
If it all goes bad hopefully Suzie gets her tits out.
>>
>>1375621
Those smarky cucks think this will actually be an enjoyable product?

I predict tons of wrestling memes, flippy shit and unnecessary 4th wall breaking. And also cringy fan chants. Screenshot this
>>
>>1375621

If it's anything like their shitty channel, expect warm, uncreative garbage.
>>
I'm really not digging the self-aggrandizing direction they're going so far, with staff members picking wrestlers to champion them and fight between themselves like Pokémon. Seems like they're making themselves the star of the show already.
>>
>>1377470
just seems to be bx vs pacitti club gimmick taken to the wrasslin ring, i dont imagine the whole show will be revolved around that.
and i have no clue how popular and good the indie guys they have gotten to represent them are.
>>
File: spurdo.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>1375621

post yfw it turns out to be good
>>
File: fuckthis.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
fuckthis.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>1376400
Never liked him,so it will turn to shit after all
>>
I'm optimistic
>>
I'm optimistic
>>
I have no opinion.
>>
>>1377988
>>1378679
>>1378688
>samefagoverload
>>
ITT: Smarks smarking smarks smarking smarks smarking
>>
>>1379161
>>1377988 here, my phone glitched out and posted twice somehow, I have no affiliation with >>1378688
>>
File: sjkoajalkn.jpg (16 KB, 500x345) Image search: [Google]
sjkoajalkn.jpg
16 KB, 500x345
>>1375621

they just announced ospreay and sandow

>mfw
>>
They got damian sandow
>>
>>1375621
Can we just ban this CP stuff from the board already? It's disgusting and I won't take any part in it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfYJmCtPK0Y
>>
>>1383613
why are they blowing their own spots beforehand? I thought this was going live on youtube? How much of a WTF moment would it be if you're watching the livestream and suddenly actual household names start coming out, completely unexpectedly??

Seems they are sacrificing some of the mystery around the show in the hope of grabbing some extra viewers right from day one.

They shouldn't do this.

They should let the audience grow organically. Reward the couple of thousand who tune in for the debut by giving them unexpected star bookings. Let all those who didn't tune in miss out - because then they'll learn their lesson and know to be there for the next event.
>>
>>1383618
>hurrdurr don't advertise the big names you've paid for for your 1st (first) show because uhhh mystery is cool
Please never book anything.
>>
>>1383667
same to you. blowing what would have been a surprise appearance makes the bookers look scared - like they have no confidence in running a good show.

They are concerned with an impressive audience on the opening night. But they should be concerned with putting on a surprising and memorable show that will get people talking.

There is a reason why people get angry when they read spoilers of Game of Thrones before that night's episode airs. PEOPLE LIKE TO BE ENTERTAINED, GOSH DARNIT!

Only pseudosmarks think that wrestling is some artform above all others, where it is only good if the obsessive fans are able to say exactly what will happen in advance.

If pro wrestling has a future, it is by not smark-pandering any more, and instead finding ways to delight and surprise the audience. An appearance by a name that nobody was expecting becomes instant viral content. You don't have to micromanage everything like Vince.

I am replying to you like you booked this, yes. No, you probably didn't.
>>
>>1383680
>not advertising your names beforehand

How can you be this fucking dumb over the most basic of concepts?
>>
>>1383680

>Come watch Wrestlemania!
>We're not going to tell you who's wrestling, what matches are scheduled, or what titles are on the line, hell, we might just make it a 3 hour event full of jobbers and mid card tag matches, who knows! ITS A SURPRISE!

yeah nah youre a fucking stupid idiot
>>
>>1383687
WCW actually tried advertising a PPV like this in 2000 and the buyrate was so low that it was never publicly released.
>>
I'm feeling a little pessimistic about it honestly, but i'm still gonna watch the first few weeks to see how it goes and decide from there.
Despite all the memeing, WC do seem to have something good going for them.
And whilst i'm sick of their shilling of WCPW every fucking video, this is essentially gonna be their big thing, so i guess i can forgive it a little so long as it doesn't continue afterwards.
>>
>>1383687
The point of Wrestlemania is to generate money year after year. WCPW have enough money for the time being, they should focus on creating a buzz. Half the reason wrestling has fallen drastically out of popularity is because everyone knows what's going to happen in advance, meaning nothing is unmissable.
>>
>>1383699
Where does it stream? I thought it was only going to be like a house show
>>
>>1383682
>>1383687
>Comparing this debuting WebFed to WM

Please, let's stay in the realms of reality here. They seem to be in danger of trying to grab the prizes before doing any of the ground work. First case in point: booking the debut show, and then when it sells out, booking a second show, but for the NIGHT BEFORE. Basically punishing the earlybird buyers by turning their "debut show" tickets into "night AFTER the debut show" instead. They did it because they saw demand in their product, but mismanaged the booking.

Second, they are now fairly likely to get a slightly larger YT audience for show one on this announcement. But it's a managed PR stunt - they announced a star booking in advance. (As I understand it, all the live tix are now sold, so this was not to push up attendance figures, only streaming viewers).

If they could have booked this as a swerve that nobody knew about, then they would have got a giant pop and huge atmosphere lift in the venue, and would have had organic viral posting of their content, before their first show had even ended.

HOPEFULLY, they still have something in the pocket which they CAN use as a big surprise. I really hope so, because the location and idea behind WCPW is pretty cool. But saying "our product will be awesome" is way less potent than having crowds of delighted online users on social media telling their followers "THAT was awesome". They want to be booking for longterm, measured growth and brand loyalty. Trying to squeez maximum profits out of every show is not the model a new fed should be implementing, because your viewers will see you squeezing and will lose confidence in you.
>>
>>1383714
>booking for pops

Stop being a fucking mark.
>>
>>1383695
Difference being, WCW was a known commodity, with massive overheads, and a long and mixed track record. They had everything to live up to and a history of pulling bullshit. By that point, nobody would trust a WCW mystery card. And rightly so.

WCPW has literally nothing to prove. Most people are going to tune in, expecting to see a botchfest and hoping the ring will collapse on the youtubers hosting the whole thing.

Hand them ONE delicious swerve so that the bookers can stand back and say "Yeah. Look at you. We KNOW you were not expecting to see that. We KNOW you are impressed, despite your cynicism."

That builds confidence. That is what will bring more people for the next event.
>>
>>1383719
I really hope you're just an anon poster, because if you're involved in the WCPW booking, and this is how you approach putting on an event, then I have just gone from mighty excited about it to incredibly deflated.

There is no room for any more IWC-fellating meme wrestle feds any more.
>>
>>1383726
Nobody here is a WCPW bookerman you obtuse shithead.

>>1383721
Because, as you know, if all wrestlers for an event have been advertised that's it. No swerves possible.
>>
>>1383680
What the fuck are you even on about?
It's their first show, this thing literally lives and dies with it. Big names makes a surprise entrance big whoop, but you've paid for fucking nothing if nobody watches it.
>>
>>1383753
They have sold out their two live shows already before spoilerising their bookings.

Their YT live viewing figures might net them a few hundred quid.

And if their fed "lives and dies on the first show", they need to hire someone to write them a better business plan. Because no business can operate that way. It's not pay cheque to pay cheque in the same way as a person can be.
>>
>>1383767
>spoilerising their bookings
It's called advertising the names they paid for. To not do that would be absolutely insane. You're literally arguing that they should book for pops and hope the internet gives a fuck
>>
>>1383767
>>
>>1383767
>this fucking sub-literate goof being this bent outta shape 'cause they advertised their booked wrestlers

DUMB
AS
FUCK
>>
>>1383786
>>1383791
Booking pro wrestling like a sport doesn't work. Look at modern WWE and see that. Having a divided crowd "supporting" one guy, or hating him is just annoying and nobody likes it.

So you're not booking pro wrestling like a sports event. I can appreciate a football fan not wanting to buy a mystery ticket because they don't know if they'll end up getting to see Manchester United or, you know, a good team (har har).

But pro wrestling is stage managed, and should be booked like theatre or soap opera. It is so rare you can give anyone an unexpected entrance these days, so when you can, you take it.

As it's their first show, they can give pretty much any of their bookings a surprise entrance. So at least give it to the biggest name you have.

Because Damien Sandow wins his match at WCPW. I am telling you that now, and you already know it.

So they have discharged that entire event already by announcing his presence. There's no way a no-name fed can book Sandow to lose, so he wins.

There is now absolutely no drama in that match. Sandow wins at WCPW1. Great. I don't need to stream it now.

But if you have some cocky fucker saying "I can beat anyone back there. Anyone" and then Sandow's entrance hits, first of all people are like "is this really happening?" and then they know almost instantly that the heel is gonna lose for his arrogance. But they don't care, because the surprise was not the outcome - it was the appearance of a star.

Anyway. Good luck to them. It's their first shot at this and I hope it won't be their last. The live streaming of events is absolute fucking genius and bigger feds than them are going to end up copying that. I just hope they find a product to match the expectation.
>>
>>1383839
>complaining about something that hasn't even happened yet

What in the actual fuck is wrong with you?

This pre-made rant is silly.
>>
>>1383868
I am complaining only about the announcement video. Which clearly "has happened yet". It's right up there.
>>
>>1383871
Why do I get the feeling you're a rather big fan of Brutus "The Barber"?
>>
>it's tonight
How many bongs?
>>
>>1383839
>>1383767
This guy is a troll doing a Russo gimmick. Think about it, he's saying you shouldn't advertise the wrestlers you paid for, instead you should swerve the audience because that'll get them talking.
>>
>>1383680
>not knowing how a draw works
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1334x750
How many relationships has Seth cucked?
>>
File: bitcheslovemrsexyasslottery.jpg (76 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
bitcheslovemrsexyasslottery.jpg
76 KB, 500x375
>>1384846
>>
>>1384876
What a pimp, barely legal
>>
Attended their first taping. Had a great time, should translate well to YouTube. First time seeing Jay Lethal live. There is no way he doesn't get sucked up by WWE/NXT in the next couple years.
>>
>>1375624
>tfw you won't get to see adam get beat up by jack's picks

fucking hate that ponce twat
>>
>>1375624
As opposed to what the WWE delivers?

Go ahead and green text that, please.
>>
File: 1400600766982.jpg (57 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1400600766982.jpg
57 KB, 919x720
>>1385053
>mfw everyone in the comments is such an Adam mark that whenever a new person is on, they get shit on
Adam marks are the fucking worst.
>>
>>1384571
I thought it was Thursday? then again it is on England time so it might be in the morning here.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.