[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WWE bitching thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6
File: 1465511914033.jpg (26 KB, 523x406) Image search: [Google]
1465511914033.jpg
26 KB, 523x406
>Reigns boo'd on every single show
>Ambrose rekt after losing to Brock at Mania
>Rollins still a chickenshit heel
>Jericho still around
>Undertaker rumored to be done
>Ryder buried
>Bray can't stay healthy
>divas are still boring
>the club buried and boring already
>Styles buried
>Zayn loses all the time now
>Ziggler, Del Rio and Cesaro all boring now
>the fucking Miz is a champ right now
>Rusev greatness isn't recognized since WM 31
>New Day stale
>Vaudevillians a shit
>Titus in a feud for a belt
>Cena is the only good thing going right now
>Hulkamania STILL isn't back yet

How can one company go so wrong?
>>
>>1373740
Everything is just shit. I've only been watching again since November and already I'm checking out again. NXT is the only thing I can stomach from this company.
>>
>start watching RAW
>oh a fun segment
>ruined by Steph instantly
>get bored after 2 matches and turn off

erry time
>>
>>1373740
Jack daniels trash
>>
>>1373749
Fucking this man. That cunt has to emasculate everyone and bring it everything down to screeching halt when she is on screen. And it has nothing to do with her being a heel and more with her being unwatchable. Well, sort of.
>>
>>1373754
At this point from me she gets the infamous x-pac heat. When I see her I get the urge to turn it off, it's just the same shit repeated over and over again in a really annoying voice.

Vickie was a way better heel than Steph.
>>
>>1373746
After the draft even NXT will be shit when they strip it of all the talent. Haitch can't build homegrown stars for shit so we'll be left with jobbers everywhere. July is probably my last month associating with anything WWE.

>>1373749
Yeah fuck Stephanie. Can't stand that cunt. She has to insert her rat face into everything and clip people's balls off.
>>
>>1373740
>Jericho still around
>implying that's a bad thing

stupid idiot
>>
>>1373758
If WWE was even remotely competent all the talent coming from NXT would be a great thing, but instead it feels more like they're getting demoted.
>>
File: 1437255105715.jpg (64 KB, 662x712) Image search: [Google]
1437255105715.jpg
64 KB, 662x712
>>1373758
>She has to insert her rat face into everything and clip people's balls off.

That's the worst thing and helps literally no one on the roster besides her ego.

>Teddy comes out
>OH FUCK HOLLA HOLLA PLAYA DIS GON B GUD
>Steph comes out and ruins everything
>>
>>1373746
Thing is I actually like plenty of people on the roster. Rusev, Styles, Bray, Becky, Sheamus, Owens etc. Yet I can't bring myself to watch anything they do anymore. Everything feels so stagnant, like they're doing the same shit every week. Even with all their talent they can't overcome that.
>>
>>1373766
And yall niggas finna stay thinking the company will be better when Vince dies? No nigga, Steph is finna takeover and make the show revolve around her
>>
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-27.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-27.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>1373766
>>OH FUCK HOLLA HOLLA PLAYA DIS GON B GUD
>>Steph comes out and ruins everything
This made me sad
>>
>>1373769
And Triple Nose will be world champ at 70
>>
>>1373740
>Zayn loses all the time now

>mostly wins on television
>only loses necessary matches (i.e, to his own personal Final Boss (Kevin Owens), and to Del Rio, to likely set up a feud)

He's a genuinely believable underdog. Let him take a loss here or there, but regardless, he doesn't "lose all the time now".
>>
I think worst part about Raw is what >>1373768
said. It's literally the same matches, the same bullshit, the same format every week. I would love just for once to get a funny skit with Ambrose or something. Or get more match stips. Fucking anything at this point to keep me from falling asleep during the show.

>show starts with a boring promo either describing matches of the night or bitching about heels/faces
>multi person tag match
>roman looks strong match
>stephanie segment
>match where someone in the feud is in the ring and the other is on commentary
>tag match
>new day promo
>inconsequential main event

Every fucking week
>>
File: dean ambrose.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
dean ambrose.webm
2 MB, 853x480
i'm wating until the 2 weeks after brand split. if it's still shit I'm just gonna stop watching until Summerslam + raw after and stop again until Roman Rumble.
>>
>>1373775
Don't forget the classic 6 man tag match in the main event between "top" heels and faces.

You know, at this point I would just love it if they went full spotfest in WWE. At least it gets the crowd going because something interesting happens. Instead you see a fuckton of pin attempts ending at 1/2 early in the match, pin after a normal vertical suplex that everyone uses, a random kick/knee/punch, etc.

It's just boring. I've seen this a million times. We all did. We want something FRESH that we don't expect.
>>
>>1373754

That's how she gets heat from fat virgins like you.
>>
>>1373775
>roman looks strong match

Roman hasn't wrestled in a Raw for a long time. He only shows up a few minutes for his feud and then fucks off.
>>
>>1373783
No, it's how she gets people to change the channel and let the ratings fall. Fuck off Paul
>>
>>1373783
To get actual heel heat you need to go against some beloved face.

Which isn't happening. Mostly because WWE doesn't have anyone who's over as FUCK right now.
>>
>>1373786
Maybe they're wising up a little bit
>>
I miss Daniel Bryan and CM Punk
>>
>>1373782
Good point. Loads of the same match finishes all too often. Distraction rollups erryday
>>
>>1373790
No because smarks will complain that Raw is Roman when he takes up the entire show and complain again when he's not appearing enough.
>>
>>1373775
You forgot the Cena and an indie darling segment
>>
>>1373793
I haven't seen anyone complain that he isn't on TV enough
>>
>>1373792
>Distraction rollups
But NEVER against Roman! That wouldn't make him look strong! He gets distracted and still wins. Fucking bullshit.

>>1373790
With what? He won't win the fans over if he's just not there.
>>
>>1373797
Another good point
>>
I don't get why people always say they're trying to appeal to casual viewers. What the fuck are they doing that casual viewers would like? The writing is awful, promos sound awkward and scripted, the champion is boo'd constantly while the announce team awkwardly tries to downplay it, the commentary is abysmal, I could go on forever. It seems more like they aren't trying to appeal to anyone.
>>
>>1373797
>Roman's title feud takes up Raw
FF-FUCK OFF RAMEN N-NO ONE LIKES YOU FFF-FUCK KEVIN DUNN

>Roman only shows up for a few minutes in a segment
FF-FUCK OFF RAMEN Y-YOU'RE N-NOT MAKING THE WWE TITLE IMPORTANT ENOUGH
>>
>>1373800
people tune in for the boring 20 minute promos that open the show dude
>>
>>1373740
I haven't watched RAW in 2 months desu

What is it that keep you guys watching? Do you think RAW is still entertainng?
>>
>>1373800
>I don't get why
You won't because you're not a casual viewer
>>
>>1373800
They aren't. They're just doing a big diarrhoea onto the screen every week because they know that enough people will watch to keep them afloat, which so far they've been proven right on.
>>
>>1373801
The problem is whenever they try doing anything with Roman, it fails completely and doesn't get him over. The only time he actually was over during his main event run was when he went completely madman and went on a rampage with a chair.

Because people like that. People like seeing wrestlers snap and go full apeshit and destroy everything in sight.

But what happens next? Roman is back to being a cocky "face" and absolutely nothing fucking changes, to the point he gets booed against Haitch who literally insulted fans every week before WrestleMania.

Logical choice would be turning him heel and giving him a clean loss booked well. But it won't happen.
>>
>WWE bitching thread

Isn't that every single one of these wrestling threads on /asp/?
>>
>>1373807
Also they're still booking Roman as the "underdog" while literally no one buys that. If he was booked as some unstoppable force that does power moves, throws midgets around without any effort, it would get over. Look : Cage in LU.
>>
>>1373807
None of those are Roman's fault.

Smarks already decided to hate and shit on him so any attempt to get him over with smarks is a pointless and futile exercise.
>>
>>1373800
Well casuals don't take it nearly as seriously. Kids don't care about writing, they just like seeing their favorites. Most older adults just watch it for fun probably because they don't care enough. There are many problems that the rest of us who do care actually recognize.
>>
>>1373817
>they're still booking Roman as the "underdog"

Welcome to four months ago, Roman was never booked as an underdog even during Wrestlemania nor his feud with AJ Styles
>>
>>1373801
No one is complaining about the lack of roman on TV
>>
>>1373818
>Smarks already decided to hate and shit on him so any attempt to get him over with smarks is a pointless and futile exercise.
That's why they don't try. He's already over with the kids so fuck everyone else right?
>>
>>1373818
That's because the booking went too far into being shit. They could have turned back a long time ago and somehow salvage it, but they declined to do so. And that's where we are here.
>>
>>1373822
Roman was basically dominated for almost whole of the match against AJ and only came out with a spearouttanowherelmao to win.
>>
>>1373823
>No one is complaining
>being this delusional
You even have smarks coming up with asinine rhetoric on why he doesn't show up on the third hour unless absolutely necessary.
>>
Is there anyone on the roster who is actually over with most fans? I'm talking like 75% at least. Ambrose probably? KO maybe?
>>
>>1373846
John Cena
Undertaker
Lesnar
>>
File: 1313592506575.jpg (20 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1313592506575.jpg
20 KB, 268x265
I think the problem is the RAWs and Smackdowns that aren't after a PPV or before a PPV are literally pointless and you could just watch the youtube clips and get as much entertainment out of it as you do the 2 and 3 hours they have to fill.

There's no point to watching RAW unless it's after a PPV because that leads to the next PPV.

PPVs have also become RAWs if they have no gimmick, MITB isn't a "RAW" tier PPV but for the love of fuck Battleground is, why the fuck does that still exist, same with Payback.
>>
>>1373800
I think commentary does more to ruin the show than anything else, it fucks storylines, it fucks characters it makes everything awful.

We know from the leaked notes that commentary is suppose to "Pose questions to make the audience think instead of telling them." but it just comes across as Byron being the annoying guy in the movie theater who can't follow the story and has to ask questions without waiting for answers. JBL is a whole different level of awfulness who buries guys just by liking them and screaming "HAHA MAGGLE THIS GUY IS FUN TO WATCH." Its like he has 20 minutes of canned material which he reuses every single match rather than being the "vet." and making observations of the little things Cole glosses over and explaining strategy he just bullies Byron and says his stupid catchphrases.
>>
>>1373740
>Benoit still dead
>>
>>1373872
I can agree with this. It really just makes wrestling seem fake. Like, everyone knows it is, but if you make it hard to suspend disbelief then how can you possibly expect the audience to care?
>>
>>1373871
Pretty much this. The only time actual story happens is during the ppvs, which explains why I've skipped most raws recently.
>>
>>1373846
I don't know why /wwe/ has a hate-boner for him, but Zayn seems to be getting good reactions.
>>
>>1373981
Becuase he's a boring, white meat babyface just like most of the good guys. No edge whatsoever. Del Rio shits all over him verbally and he just smiles and takes it.
>>
>>1373983
>No edge whatsoever

Did you not watch his NXT shtick? Or pay attention when he wrestles?
Given, the latter part of that isn't necessarily that meaningful in the WWE of all places. But still, don't be too quick to judge a guy off of very few scant backstage segments.
Aside from that, whitemeat babyface is like, the most battle-tested, tried-and-true gimmick out there. He pulls it off well.
>>
Besides Roman which I don't really hate that much, Stephanie and commentary are the worst.
>>
>>1373740
>Bray can't stay healthy

Well he's reasonably healthy in the sense that he hasn't had to have surgery done like a shitload of other top carders...

What frustrates me is how WWE just pushed the whole Wyatt thing aside during Bray's injury. Yeah, I know Strowman and Rowan aren't exactly top performers, but there could have been some story angle during Bray's absense.. let's sa, for example, team Ascension's Viktor with them for a while? Nobody would have minded them jobbing for a few weeks and then Bray coming back and dismissing Viktor.
>>
>jericho still around
>the miz is champ right now
>implying either of those are bad
go back to wreddit
>>
>>1374011
Reddit likes Miz and Jericho

Nice try Redditor
>>
>>1373791
Me too senpai. They're the reason I started watching WWE again since 07
>>
>>1374002
I mean they could have gone after the tag titles at least. They didn't have to win, but you can still elevate them while Bray isn't around. Though I guess I see not wanting to be without their cult leader in kayfabe blah blah blah
>>
>>1373740
Everything is shit, the entire roster is just boring, the writing is worse than Hollywood movies, fuck this nerd fanbase, BMJ is not a draw (although it pains me to say it), TV is dying, but WWE is dying quickly without no brakes for it to stop, nothing will make the ratings go up, WWE is not cool or popular in the states, maybe in third world nations but not here.
>>
>>1373871
It ruins the feeling of being different than RAW with one simple thing - same fucking stages.

I understand it's probably because of financial reasons but sometimes when watching a PPV I have to remind myself it's actually a PPV, therefore it's more important than a random RAW.
>>
>>1373740
>Mad that Jericho is still around but Taker is retiring
Fuck off
>>
>>1373740
Five bucks says Miz is holding the IC title so Nakamura can take it and continue doing IC title shit like in Japan.
>>
>>1374045

>the writing is worse than Hollywood movies

Some times Hollywood movies are well written. This shit is written by daytime TV rejects, and the quality reflects that. They couldn't even write a halfway passable soap opera because this horde of idiot writers can only ever "create" one of two characters.

Either chickenshit heel that isn't threatening at all, or unreasonably smug, unlikeable babyface people boo. The only people who are EVER over are people who aren't on WWE TV regularly (Brock, AJ when he debuted an Rum Bowl, Goldust when he returned from injury, Seth when he returned from injury, etc). Because Creative can't utterly fucking ruin them when they aren't on TV.

The production values of the live stuff are also crappy. Mostly because of Kevin Dunn's spastic jump cuts MID FUCKING MOVE.
>>
>>1373754
>>1373756

The problem with Steph's heat is that there will NEVER be a payoff. We'll NEVER get to see a babyface truly take her down a peg like what used to occasionally happen.

She makes you want to see her get her face caved in, but that NEVER happens so all she does is make you want to stop fucking watching.
>>
>>1373792

>Distraction rollups erryday

Literally the WORST finish. It puts no one over, and buries both idiots involved. One insipid jackass can't keep his attention focused on what is ostensibly a top flight combat sport he is participating in, and the OTHER insipid jackass can't beat the first insipid jackass without a distraction.

But I guess they can't have these Feuds That Never End if anyone ever gets a clean fucking win.
>>
>>1374447
That's fine, but how long does he have to hold it? I mean Nakamura only just came to NXT.
>>
>>1373872

You're pretty much right, but JBL bullying Byron is usually the highlight of the show. Sad as it is.
>>
>>1373758
>Haitch can't build homegrown stars for shit

Did you miss the Tag Titles match or something?

Or pretty much the entire women's div?
>>
>>1373740
It's AJ's foul for being a TNA-fag. Maybe if he wouldn't have set his foot in that shithole maybe Cena would do like he did with Punk and Bryan and NOT bury his soccer mom looking ass.
>>
>>1373791
>Missing Daniel "overrated wrestler" Bryan

Kek
>>
>>1374621
Punk wrestled in TNA.
>>
>>1373792
>>1374493
I could get behind using the "distraction rollup" as a finisher to grab top heel cheap heat. Give him a sidekick or tag partner to help.
>wins several matches using the rollup.
>gets help for distraction rollups.
>the faces get paranoid of the rollup.
>faces leering around the ring the whole match looking for the distraction.
>gets so distracted looking for the distraction that the roll up just starts working on it's own.
>>
>>1374667
#rekt
>>
File: 1465433994029.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1465433994029.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
>>1373740
>the fucking Miz is a champ right now
>>
>>1373758
I have been a wwe fans for 30 years. But I am really for the first time ever thinking about quitting. I will give it a little after the brand split, but if things don't get better I'm done.
>>
>>1373981
Because he has an indie background. Asp is a bunch of fanboys who get triggered easily by stuff like that.
>>
>>1373786
Odd how the wwe champion is never on TV. He hasn't main evented Raw in like 6-7 weeks. Are they trying to hide the fact that live crowds boo him?
>>
>>1373801
It's almost as if people want him to show up on television in an entertaining capacity with some regularity.
Nah couldn't be that.
>>
>>1374461
maybe roman can snap for real and pummel steph bloody with a chair for 10+ minutes on air
>>
>>1374667
Vince never liked Punk
>>
Has Zayn won a single match on the main roster? Not memeing
>>
>>1376067
he is the replacement likable eternal jobber that everybody wants to root for for when ziggles retires
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.