[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How high do you see him climbing upon being drafted?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: finn-balor.jpg (24 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
finn-balor.jpg
24 KB, 600x400
How high do you see him climbing upon being drafted?
>>
he's not going over.

people will start booing him once they get tired of his 5 minute long entrances. mark my words.
>>
Hes gunna flop harder than Neville

Both are flipyshit vanilla midgets who cant talk on mic to save their lifes
>>
Mid card
>>
I'm honestly hoping he debuts with a tag team like the revival or gargano/ciampa as Balor Club, they feud with "The club" in some basic shit like there's only room for one club in WWE or something, and then everyone turns on Styles at the PPV match. After feuding with Styles he can move on to the World title picture, not winning it yet but let the Balor club collect some other titles so they pick up steam.
>>
he's not going over with his boring in-ring.

>le meme stomp on someone
>le meme running knee

he's the Roman Reigns of kicks instead of punches. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
>>
>>1373554
I think he will get entered into MITB and win. There simply isn't anything left for him to do in NXT.
>>
File: vincelaugh.jpg (19 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
vincelaugh.jpg
19 KB, 720x480
>>1373598
>>
>>1373564
Finn doesn't do any flips though.

Plus he wins over kids with facepaint, women with his looks, and men with bullet club background.
>>
>>1373607
K
>>
>>1373612
>destroyed
>>
>>1373607
> a bland flippy vanilla manlet that doesnt do flips
What is the point of him?
>>
>>1373554
He'll at one point in the future lose a match for the World Title and then wallow in the mid card for a couple of years until he asks to be released.
>>
>>1373612
Great rebuttal. Kys ya pencil necked dweeb
>>
>>1373563
This didn't happen to the Undertaker, why would it happen to a guy whose entrance has chances for the crowd to participate in? Crowds love that.
>>
>>1373563
His entrances are only 5 minutes at PPVs where he channels le demon.
>>
'Oh look it's Sin Cara without his mask'

That's my exact thought
>>
Would love to see him debut as a Wyatt family member, maybe as some kind of demon summoned by Bray in a blood ritual using Rowan and Harper's souls (Rowan and Harper of course get released from the company).

Book him as a monster heel to blow the fuck out of a bunch of midcarders, have him win MITB and run in on Roman or Cena or whoever has the title. Then he drops the belt to Roman at a major PPV.

After losing he breaks off from the Wyatts (Bray loses his power over him or whatever), beats the fuck out of Bray, terrorizes a few more midcarders and eventually rejoins the Bullet Club.
>>
File: u.png (150 KB, 500x428) Image search: [Google]
u.png
150 KB, 500x428
>>1373648
>Great rebuttal.
>>
File: 20160609212638_1.jpg (383 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160609212638_1.jpg
383 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>1373554
>great in-ring, but not remotely top-tier considering the current crop of godly upper-echelon workers (Zayn, AJ, Rollins, Cesaro, Nakamura, Joe, Neville, few others above him, too)
>literally zero mic skills – and that's literally literally, not like Roman literally, as in a decimal place away from zero, literally fucking zilch
>100% reliant on his entrance that he will be forced to either make commonplace, lessening its impact, or risk exposing himself as an absolute sink of interest in-between his painted endeavors

Yeah midcard.
>>
I full expect him and Bayley getting picked like last or something. Something big to close out the show.
>>
>>1373752
Confirmed for not watching the product
>>
>>1373780
Not as intently as you, because it's for morons. But I'm versed enough to know I'm right. Try again.
>>
>>1373836
Thats funny because everything you said was completely wrong. Try again.
>>
>>1373876
No, lol.
>>
>>1373554
Cruisweight title
>>
>>1373679
not an argument
>>
File: 1440881936176.jpg (237 KB, 623x891) Image search: [Google]
1440881936176.jpg
237 KB, 623x891
>>1374216
>Great rebuttal.
>>
>>1373876
What parts of that did you disagree with? I thought he was spot on.
>>
Future face of the company when Cena and Reigns inevitably have to turn heel
>>
>>1373649
Undertaker is a legend, people feel special when watching him come out. Finn is a nobody to marks.
>>
>>1373554
fight alberto del rio on the preshow
>>
Champion by end on next year
>>
>>1374223
not an argument
>>
>>1373554
I just can't handle mini Kane.

>I'm a demon
>I'm a normal dude
>I'm a demon
>I'm a normal dude

He would be one of my favorites if he just stayed in demon mode and didn't just be a normal bloke.

Even if he didn't stay full demon mode all the time but still was a spooky dude I would like him

I just can't stand the diet Kane gimmick
>>
>>1374271
>He would be one of my favorites if he just stayed in demon mode and didn't just be a normal bloke.
They could do an angle where Wyatt brainwashes him be the demon full time.
>>
>>1374235
> Saying he's worse than Zayn, Rollins, Cesaro and 'a few others'
> Saying he has no mic skills when he's one of the original reasons that bullet club got huge. He's even been pretty good at NXT.

He's super over as a character, as a performer and isn't reliant on the entrance at all. The only reason the entrance works is because he's over. I will agree that they've used 'the demon' far too often for my liking - I think he should've been just the dude, not the demon, in the most recent match.

Like this is what his board does - it discredits everything that isn't on the main roster as shit and says that none of it mattered. They look at a guy and say 'oh he's a vanilla midget' - never mind he's got a defined character, who can talk AND can wrestle.

Its almost as if they don't watch wrestling.
>>
File: wzhJ7.jpg (31 KB, 153x200) Image search: [Google]
wzhJ7.jpg
31 KB, 153x200
>>1374261
>Great rebuttal.
>>
>>1374271
My issue is that they don't portray him as a legit threat without the fucking makeup.

The makeup should be when he snaps. When he's got nowhere else to go he lets 'the demon' take over.
>>
>>1373554
Lil guy probably has a lot of experience in climbing so pretty high
>>
File: tips nose.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
tips nose.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>>1374248
>Undertaker is a legend
>>
>>1374378
No, that is dumb.
>>
>>1374364
Nah, you're a dumb mark.
>>
>>1374367
Not an argument.
>>
He's all character, so he better hope it gets over. His ring work leaves a lot to be desired.
>>
>>1373554
not gonna lie i´d be fucking horrified to get into ring with that. the mouth doesnt look right
>>
>>1373554

I think he'll be a solid upper-midcarder for the majority of his career. I see him in a multi-man ladder match for the Intercontinental Championship, but that's it. If this guy didn't have his demon gimmick, I don't even think he would have won the NXT championship and he'd be fighting Tyler Breeze on Main Event.
>>
File: 7890954323568.jpg (25 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
7890954323568.jpg
25 KB, 575x323
>>1374389
>Undertaker isn't a legend

Regardless of his overdue retirement if the Undertaker isn't a legend who the fuck is
>>
>>1374886
My Ryback
50 time

t
i
m
e
>>
>>1374887
HEY STUPID
*jobs to asian midgets*
THE BIG GUY
*blogs about low calory bananas and tfw no money to tumblr*
HUNGRY
*bitches out with no explanations to fans coz muh money*

sure is legendary :^)
>>
>>1374884
this tbhaitch famalam
>>
He'll be this generation's Undertaker. Watch him top Taker's streak down the line.
>>
>>1375030
You think he's going to wrestle until he's 55?
>>
>>1373554
Midcard with the likes of cesaro etc

Definitely not wwe champ material
>>
>>1374364
What does he do that's so amazing in the ring? His whole comeback offense against Joe at Takeover was 3 "slingblades" back to back to back. Joe entirely carried that fued and wound up looking like a bigger threat than le demon.

Finn has to work way more stiff and way more aggressively to sell "demon finn." Other than look there is no difference between demon Finn and regular guy finn. I say he has a lot of fine tuning to do with his character. I'd rather see Joe up and in the main event picture on the main roster. Joe would be a good fued with Roman.
>>
>>1375090
As far as his Demon character goes, I agree with this.
It's supposed to be a "power-up", right? His "war-paint"?
It doesn't come off like that. It just comes off as something he wears on special occasions. They haven't done nearly a good enough job showcasing that it takes him to another level, or makes him more threatening. He simply does exactly the same as every other wrestler in the WWE when they have a PPV Match, regardless of whether or not he's painted – kicks out of a finisher and wrestles a bit longer.
He needs to really sharpen those intricacies, and make the Demon savage. It's his entire thing, he has NOTHING else to hinge himself on. He has to have this down to be long-term on the MR.
>>
Next champ.
>>
>>1375094
I would go so far as to make his gimmick trying to suppress Demon Finn because he doesn't have control of it.

There was a couple story lines of guys trying to bring the heel out of Cena, like Kane and Wyatt. The perfect story line for Finn when called up would be Bray trying to entice the Demon out of him and gain control of it.
>>
Balor v Nakamura?

>http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Big_Match_Teased_for_WWE_NXT_Takeover_Brooklyn_Photo.html
>>
>>1373554
Maybe IC Champ for a week
>>
>>1375114
yep

then probably debuting at summerslam next day
>>
>>1373563
> Guys, I don't like thing, so other people must not like thing either
>>
>>1375189
>Guys, I like thing, so person who doesn't like thing's opinion on thing is irrelevant
>>
>>1373554
A midcard jobber. He is going to be Obese's bitch.
>>
>>1373606
The pop would be insane when the match is about to start, but instead...*heartbeat*
>>
I got caught up like a mark when he came into nxt. I even bought his tshirt.
I can't even make it through his takeovers with joe, let alone standard programming.

He has three moves:
1) running knees
2) pele kick
3) coup de grace

Maybe a running kick to mix things up.
I guess that's what the japs like but I'm incredibly bored by it. I can imagine that Welfare Wilma and her 9 kids are going to like him when he debuts
>>
>>1376019

Fucking hell this sounds pretty decent desu with you guys.

>>1375102
I am with the last couple of posts. As a guy who did not see Finn until just this year I was captivated by his entrance at Takeover Dallas. The way he crawled forth, the way he acted curious of this title before him but still understood that this was his to defend, I loved all that.

And as soon as the special headress came off he acted all normal and shit like he was just Finn Balor with makeup. From what Promos I have seen in the past the demon is supposed to be an actual thing that he's trying to control but the commentary refer to it as paint multiple times during The End which kind of lessens it's value in my opinion.

It would be great if he became more savage during the match, crawled around the ring and shit...kept the same demeanor he does when he enters. Only example I can come up with where I have seen this done well is Lucha Underground. We all agree in /lu/ that Kobra Moon is shit in the ring but at least she still tries to play the role of her snake motif with the way she moves.
>>
File: finnmerch.png (406 KB, 552x971) Image search: [Google]
finnmerch.png
406 KB, 552x971
>>1373637
OI VEY
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.