[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question Why does the WWE push guys the audience clearly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 7
File: roman.jpg (310 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
roman.jpg
310 KB, 1280x720
Serious question

Why does the WWE push guys the audience clearly doesn't wanna see, and keep the guys the audience is white hot for stale?

If a dude is white hot, why not capitalize on it, wouldn't that make the company a shitton of money? Never understood this logic
>>
Ego
>>
>>1363957
Invested too much and promised a future. Also hard to turn back and make him irrelevant.

But this is WWE its always possible to turn shit around.
>>
>>1363960
/thread
>>
>>1363957
It's only fat internet smarks that don't want to see him. 0.9% of the audience don't matter.
>>
>>1364007
That's not true, even the casuals don't like Roman
>>
Vince doesn't book a show for the audience. He books it for himself.

>>1363967
>Invested too much and promised a future.

Sunken Cost Fallacy.

>Also hard to turn back and make him irrelevant.

Are you kidding? Making guys irrelevant is WWE's only consistent booking ability.
>>
>>1363957
Vince doesn't care what the fans like or hate. He basically does what he wants, and you better like it!
>>
>>1364012
Casuals would like roman, its just that the wwe fanbase is mostly fat nerds, there are no casuals watching this shit.
>>
It's weird, at this point I feel like if Roman ever got genuinely over they would bury him in the midcard.
>>
>>1364088
That's 'cause even casuals know the current product is shit.
>>
>>1364088
So what you're saying is that Reigns does not appeal to the majority of the audience.
>>
>>1363967
>hard to turn back and make him irrelevant
People would say the same about Kane 15 years ago.
>>
>>1364007
>>1364088

>0.9% of the audience doesn't matter
>the majority are fat manlets

FedoRamen can't even keep his lies straight anymore

Also you suck at math.
>>
But Roman was white hot and the most over guy. They just fucked up his booking and booked him like shit.
>>
>>1364337
when?
He was never over.

Vince thought that people cheering him at the Royal Rumble in 2014 were actually behind him and not just against Batista or any other face like Rey Mysterio winning the RR instead of Daniel Bryan.

As soon as he got pushed as single, the crowd started booing him. He was never over.
He was the leecher of The Shield. Then moved to leeching from Daniel Bryan, then leeching from The Rock, then leeching from the entire roster.

He's a fucking roach.
>>
>>1364348
Great revisionist history, you fucking moron. 18+, have sex, sage in all fields
>>
>>1364337
>But Roman was white hot and the most over guy.

When the fuck was this?
>>
>>1364352
>memeshit

That is exactly the caliber of response I expected, actually.
>>
>>1363957
the point is to bring new fans not keep the old ones happy. Roman is good looking so he can appear on morning talk shows for moms.
>>
>>1364352
ahah FedoRamen is butthurt

have you managed to figure out how 0.9% equals 51+%?
>>
>>1364367
>not keep the old ones happy.

yeah that's why raw is losing 100k viewers every week since Roman is champ

for every ''new fan'' Roman attacts, WWE loses 10
>>
>>1364367
>the point is to bring new fans

Say it with me everybody:

>RECORD
>>
btw just so you know, Kurt Angle in TNA was officially a bigger draw than Roman is for WWE.

Angle on impact 2.2 ratings
Roman on Raw 2.19

Rawman is officially worse than TNA
>>
>>1364402

TNA has never drew a 2.2
>>
>>1364381
>>1364396
I meant "mark" fans. WWE doesn't want "smarks" showing up to RAW anymore. They want an audience they can control(think Texas all year long).
>>
>>1364348
>He was never over

I'm guessing you're baiting but here have some examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-op5WBn47T4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me3foebOzl8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU75sljSSBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TVRUnyvAs8
>>
>>1364412
>Texas
>not smarky

Reigns clearly isn't appealing to ANYBODY though considering viewership is down 1 MILLION from just one year ago.
>>
>>1364420
thats what awful booking does for you

thanks Vinny Mac!
>>
>>1364422
The booking wasn't the reason people immediately began tuning out weeks after he won the Royal Rumble...

And again, the crux of the matter: if Reigns was good enough his push would not be considered so outrageous.
>>
>>1364417
the only one he legitimately gets a good pop is the first one

now, if one chant one night makes you over, guess what even Vladimir Kozlov was ''over'' by that definition, because he had the crowd chating ''Kozlov Kozlov Kozlov'' once

should we have him bury an entire roster for 5 years?
>>
>>1364417
>more over than Bo Dallas

wow what an achievement
>>
>>1363957
>If a dude is white hot, why not capitalize on it, wouldn't that make the company a shitton of money?

If wrestling is the company's only major business, then yes. But for WWE it isn't, and hasn't been for a long long time.

WWE needs to push guys (and women too, but who gives a shit) who have marketable faces and physiques that can be used for other purposes, too. Like movies, magazines, TV shows, merchandise.
>>
>>1364445
It's funny because about 3 years ago Bo Dallas was getting the shilling that Ramen gets from the company now.

There was a hilarious interview from Big Show about how Bo is so handsome and a future superstar.

To think how good we could've had it.
>>
How come every time someone likes/doesnt say negative things agaisnt Roman an autist has to call that anon "fedoramen"? Is the ultimate butthurt attempt of roman haters?
>>
>>1364463
Its one guy that calls everyone that doesnt shit on Reigns that
>>
>>1364457
Yes, and in the real world literally nobody gives a shit.

It's why THQ laughed in their faces when they pushed to have Sheamus on the cover of 2K13 instead of Punk.

Vince's definition of "marketable" has been obsolete since the 80s.

>>1364463
Do you not realise your shitposting is very distinctive?

...wait, nevermind. You're too obtuse.
>>
>>1364457
And Roman still fails at that.

Reports coming out in Feb said WWE is panicking because Cena's sales are dropping and Roman isn't catching up as they want.

The fact is, Roman isn't really good for talk shows, his acting is awful etc.
>>
>>1364463

Uh no.
There's one specific dude who calls anyone who doesn't like Roman with the following: fedora,manlet, fatty, deanetty, virgin often paired with pics of fedoras.

It has come to the point that he's recognizable for his extreme butthurt every time Roman is mentioned, thus it's right to call him out as FedoRamen
>>
>>1364466
>It's why THQ laughed in their faces when they pushed to have Sheamus on the cover of 2K13 instead of Punk.
Did they really?Jesus Christ Vince.
>>
>>1364466
i literally just posted here but hey that was the kind of answer i was expecting.
I will asdume you are the cm punk obsessed guy too that calls phil everyone that don't hate cm punk.
>>1364483
isn't that carter?
>>
>>1364465
>>1364463
Speaking of things that are one guy...

Who do you think you're fooling when you reply to yourself almost immediately afterwards with the exact same delivery?

How fucking stupid are you?
>>
File: wooooo.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
wooooo.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>1364483
>There's one specific dude
>>
>>1364497
>asdume

Well you know what they say about that...

>people who don't like Ramen don't like Punk

You're so dull.
>>
File: 20160607_181428.png (134 KB, 1071x667) Image search: [Google]
20160607_181428.png
134 KB, 1071x667
>>1364498
Why are you always so aggressive with people that have their own opinions?
>>
>>1364498
Thats not me that I was replying to but okay
>>
>>1364497
I don't know. He also uses ''carter'' to the point I'm not exactly sure who carter is.

>>1364498
He thinks 0.9% equals 51%....

I told him before he's low IQ.
>>
>>1363957
Because Vince would rather make a dime his way than a dollar someone else's. Vince McMahon’s gonna make money despite himself… he’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire… you know why he’s not a billionaire? It’s because he surrounds himself with glad-handing nonsensical yes-men like John Lauranitis, who’s gonna tell him everything he wants to hear… and I’d like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead, but the fact is it’s gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.
>>
>>1364523
The autist from wwe general that calls virgin , manlet, etc everyone that doesn't agree with him.
Knowing him he's the Roman poster and the Roman hater at the same time.
He has done shit like that a lot of times.
Absolute mental degeneration
>>
>>1364509
>posting from a different IP means I'm totally not samefagging

You're so unique that "somebody else" is being "mistaken" for your sockpuppet.

Think about it...
>>
>>1364509
>>1364511
Anti roman poster BTFO
>>
>>1364531
>Absolute mental degeneration

I'm glad my meme is catching on
>>
>>1364531
>Knowing him he's the Roman poster and the Roman hater at the same time.

Joshua Goldberg ?
>>
>>1364536
>FedoRamen is actually this sad

Pathetic really.
>>
>>1364533
So "s-samefag" and you think you won an online argument... wew.
>>
>>1364530
NXT is there to point out how much of a good booker Trips is.

Just to show the differences, I was listening yesterday to Jericho's podcast with Batista.

Vince's idea of Batista face turn: we turn him face on Raw and have him fight HHH right away in 2005.
HHH's idea: build it progressively, he kept delaying it until the fans started gathering behind him and it got momentum over the months until the RR and then mania. Fun fact, even smarky Meltzer awarded it as storyline of the year.

Vince is really lucky WCW was a huge mess of a company because otherwise he wouldn't be around with his shitty booking idea.
>>
>>1364559
Raw would be great if Triple H was in charge of booking but wasn't allowed on TV.
>>
>>1364545
Pretty sure I "won" from the get-go on account of not being >>(You).

>>1364559
HHH is more like the "Vince" of NXT.

Or at least how Vince should be to WWE.

If he wasn't a crazy old fuck.
>>
>>1364600
Nice damage control pal :^)
>>
>>1364603
>random "damage control" from OUTTA NOWHERE

Geez sorry I didn't mean to BTFO you that hard!
>>
>>1364615
Don't worry you didnt!
>>
>>1364620
Your grammar is improving FedoRamen.
>>
>>1364595
yeah pretty much.
It's not like he wants to anymore anyways.
He got thrown in the RR this year because they needed a big name to job to Reigns at mania and everyone else was injured.
Trips as booker/gm/authority figure does really good. On NXT he never does anything ring related. Just welcome the crowd and ask them if they enjoyed the show at the end.
>>
>>1364631
I don't really know if it's FedoRamen.

He's rather recongizable because he can't make a post without calling you ''fat,fedora,smark,have sex, manlet, get worked''.
>>
>>1364636
Maybe he's gotten wise now that we blatantly spelled it out for him and he's trying to be incognito.
>>
>>1364632
I don't know about GM/authority figure. His time as "the authority" was fucking awful. Just keep him off TV and have him run everything.
>>
>>1364631
Nice scapegoat pal
>fedoraman
>>
>>1363957
Vince really likes Roman I guess. It's not unusual for Vince to push his new pretty boy really hard because he gets enamored by their beefy arms and dreamboat looks.

But he'll usually have gotten bored by now, I think that's why the reactions are so negative. Usually by now Vince would have gotten distracted by a loose piece of string, seen another beefy handsome guy and tossed Roman to the side like he did with McIntyre and Luger.
>>
>>1364647
He meant when HHH was the authority figure in NXT.
>>
>>1364664
I'm convinced the only reason Vince hasn't abandoned him for Radomir Petkovic is because he either hasn't seen him or thinks he's too foreign.
>>
File: B47PJAgIAAAEAKy.jpg (24 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
B47PJAgIAAAEAKy.jpg
24 KB, 600x300
>>1364458
desu it's the second coming of BO
>>
>>1364458
considering how awful bo dallas is in the ring im glad we didnt get that
>>
>>1364647
hmm, it worked well with Bryan as a storyline

fun fact, it wasn't Trips holding him down, it was Vince
>>
>>1363957

Because many of the wrestlers the audience is "white hot" for are not actually over, themselves. Smarks just think they're sticking it to Vince. The hipster kids of wrestling trying to be ironic. See Daniel Bryan.
>>
>>1364681
Is Reigns truly any significantly better? Be honest now.

Bo actually had a few neat little matches as NXT Champ as well. Even the Full Sail crowd were made into BO-lievers.
>>
>>1364683
No, it was both of them

https://youtu.be/hIZihqMW6zI?t=6m40s
>>
>>1364714
>Le Bryan was hipster love revisionist history.
Bait so bad not even a retarded fish would want it.
>>
>>1364729

>b-but I'm not a hipster, you just aren't cool like me

I'll bet you're also a nu male and a Bernie cuck as well.
>>
>>1364734
>/pol/

Fuck off.
>>
>>1364734
>N-Nobody liked Bryan except hipsters
>Assumptions and projection.

Rewriting history is hard when there's documented video evidence, but I mean if you want to keep trying have at it.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 480x600
>>1364744

>watch this video of people yes chanting like drones
>this is my evidence that he was over
>he was over, not the chant
>>
>>1363957
because the dumb kiddos love him and buy all his toys and shit.

at this point it really is like my little pony male fans complaining that there isnt much shit made and targeted for them being sold.

lil kiddos are a surprisingly large part of wwe money that will pretty much buy anything they are told by them
>>
>>1364779
>T-they could just like the chant.
>N-Not the wrestler.
This bait is so poor I'm sure the WWE script writers could come up with better.
>>
>>1363957
Because Vince books the show for himself, not the audience. Him pushing a fan favourite would require him admitting that he was wrong and we were right. Ain't gonna happen.
>>
>>1364783
Because kids are the only ones dumb enough to watch this pissfest. Anyone that isnt a kid or a Stamford wife tuned out ages ago.
>>
>>1364783
Judging by how poorly his merch & ticket sales are going, even they don't.
>>
>>1364012

Why do you think that is ?
>>
>>1364744
>>1364779
FedoRamen pls.

What are the ''Daniel Bryan'' chants about?

Why is Daniel Bryan winning at mania making it Yeslemania? Why is it his finished the Yeslock?

>the chant was over

kek
>>
>>1364821
>Calls me fedoramen the entire thread
>attacks someone else calling him fedoramen
The state of (You)
>>
>>1364825
actually I'm just calling you, not the other kid
>>
>>1364875
Nice lies friendo
>>
>>1363967

You wouldn't even necessarily need to make Roman irrelevant. Their ungodly poor booking has ruined any chance of him ever being Face Of The Company without fan revolt, but if they weren't stubborn shit heads, they could easily adjust his character, move him out of the title picture, and slowly warm the fans back up to him.

But they can NEVER make him SuperCena2.0 without everyone immediately turning on it.
>>
>>1364007
Everyone has the internet. Everyone knows wrestling is pre-determined.

Suggesting it's Internet Smarks is such a strawman Edward Woodward is inside it
>>
>>1364367

Congratulations, they've not brought in new fans and they've so thoroughly shat in the face of old fans that they're leaving in droves.

These fucking idiots need to understand that they are a WRESTLING company and need to put forth the best WRESTLING product to get the most WRESTLING fans. They will never, EVER bring is Concerned Mother cunts as an audience, no matter how much Breast Cancer shilling and Kelly Ripa guest spots they do. They need to prioritize appealing to people who watch pro wrestling, because people who DON'T watch wrestling will likely never watch pro wrestling.
>>
>>1364559

I don't think Triple H is super heavily involved in the booking of NXT, that seems more like Regal and Dusty before he died. I'm sure he comes up with a general direction for the show to go in (like, say, telling them to push Asuka), but the details are likely worked out by guys who are at NXT and can focus exclusively on NXT.

Which is GOOD delegation of responsibilities, something that Vince utterly fucking sucks at.
>>
>>1364632

>He got thrown in the RR this year because they needed a big name to job to Reigns at mania and everyone else was injured.

Or they COULD have done something new and interesting that actually requires Creative to be, well, CREATIVE, and have had Ambrose eliminate Aitch as the latter was hotdogging after eliminating Reigns.

The crowd gets to see a face they actually LIKE win, you can run a time tested angle of two friendly babyfaces ultimately becoming enemies by feuding over a championship (though Dean actually turning heel enough to draw boos against Roman is a stretch), and the mid 40s retiree can put over a young guy and then fuck off.

But if you thought Triple H wasn't going to book himself in the main event of MUH BIGGEST WRESTLEMANIA, you're high.
>>
File: 1461635545328.png (422 KB, 400x525) Image search: [Google]
1461635545328.png
422 KB, 400x525
>>1364680
Yes
>>
>>1364417
Well the irony of the last one is that when he was the most likable was when he was unscripted.

Its almost as if WWE are scripting him to be unlikable because they want him to look 'strong'.
>>
>>1364982
>Deanetty
>main event

Kek
>>
>>1364457
>marketable physiques
Clearly not Roman. That guy has no abs.
>>
>>1364982
>turning Ambrose heel
>for Reigns

I honestly can't wait for this because it's going to be their most pathetic failure yet
>>
>>1363957
because the audience is made up of retarded fat sweaty greasy neckbearded yes chanting mongoloids like you
>>
>>1366169
So you're saying that pushing him is a bad idea when it comes to crowd appeal?
>>
>>1364337
Not quite, he was over in 2014 as the last "anyone but you" option against Batista, because the fans wanted a guy they got behind naturally, who was different from the string of top guys they had gotten before. And since he was a part of The Shield for the entirety of his main roster career up to that point, he basically got fan support by virtue of being part of an over stable, with nobody anticipating that said stable would break up when it did and that Roman would be the one pushed the most heavily of the three.
>>
>>1366179
no im saying those greasy neckbeard idiots in the crowd booing him arent the demographics they care about
>>
>>1366219
It's apparently the only demographic still watching.
>>
>>1366226
he would rather the company dies than turn into some indie shitfest full of my little pony neckbeard fanboys chanting yes like idiots at a bunch of autistic manlets doing flips in the ring
>>
>>1366241
>He would rather let his company die than actually appeal to his demographic.
This is retarded bait, but just retarded enough for Vince to do it.
>>
>>1366246
that's not his demographic though you idiot that's the pony watching drooling neckbeard basement dwelling mongoloid idiots that took over when the pg era started and the real fans left
>>
>>1366249
>He's getting booed out of every stadium he comes to.
>T-That's not his demographic.
Then who is his demographic? The people NOT going to his shows? Real smart business plan.

>Hey people not coming to my show, I'll make the product just for you and you can continue to spend zero dimes on me.

Fuck outta here.
>>
File: 0dimes.gif (996 KB, 245x263) Image search: [Google]
0dimes.gif
996 KB, 245x263
>>1366246
Vince has openly stated he would rather have a half-empty arena cheering his guy than a full arena cheering their guy.

>>1366249
I'd be amazed if you're even old enough to buy alcohol.

>>1366253
>you can continue to spend zero dimes on me.
>>
>>1366253
yes you imbecile i just explained the fans he cares about are the ones he drove away with his pg era bullshit although very few of them still remain
1 - he wants the old fans to come back even though they probably never will
2 - anyone who spends any money on this autistic shit is retarded
>>
>>1366257
im pretty sure i already responded to you with that exact same insult before so im not even gonna bother with you again you fucking neckbeard basement dwelling drooling mongoloid
>>
>>1366263
Please have sex
>>
>>1366258
>the fans he cares about are the ones he drove away with his pg era bullshit

Just over a year after the Monday Night Wars ended, the overall viewership of wrestling decreased by a third.

Settle your little tea kettle, precious, the grown-ups are talking.
>>
>>1366258
So he's really the biggest idiot here is your argument. Since you admit he's killing his company. What business man would turn down actual money in comparison to none?

Also the ratings didn't take a significant downturn until just recently so suffice to say the fans were still there until he started scaring them away.
>>
>>1366263
>complains about the exact same insult
>uses the exact same angsty babble he always does

How are you even capable of operating a computer?
>>
>>1366271
There are literally ONE MILLION less viewers right now than there were just a year ago.

>Roman "Record Low Ratings" Reigns
>>
>>1366270
you're missing my point dumbass.. even if the viewership decreased after the attitude era the majority of the fans remaining were still the same people.. when the company changed direction completely in 2008 and went pg the entire fanbase shifted and he doesn't care for the new fans
>>
>>1366271
mcmahon doesnt care about you pony faggots and your weekly allowance that your mom gives you.. he cares way more about his ego than your shit money
>>
>>1366281
>when the company changed direction completely in 2008 and went pg the entire fanbase shifted and he doesn't care for the new fans

Yeah I'm gonna need some proof of this one.
>>
>>1366284
>Buzzwords the post.
Then again by your own logic he's the biggest fucking idiot in the world and nobody should bat a lash at an idiot egotist killing his company.

Next man up.
>>
>>1366272
dont you have cheetos to eat pony cartoons to watch and a neckbeard to scratch?
>>
>>1366285
obviously it didn't suddenly change all at once it started shifting slowly and by 2015 you could argue that 90% of the fanbase was completely different than 2005
>>
>>1366291
>and by 2015 you could argue that 90% of the fanbase was completely different than 2005

How? They're all still booing a lame forced babyface :P
>>
>>1366287
I don't, actually. Seems awfully specific on your part though...
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.