[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to truly define X-Pac Heat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 378x254) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 378x254
I really just hated his name, and the slimy hair. I don't really remember him as a wrestler that much.

But what is your definition of Xpac heat?
>>
When I think of weasely shit heels, he's number one.
>>
What is X-Pac heat? Heard the term, never knew the meaning.
>>
>>1360529

When the audience wants the wrestler to disappear. It's the heat that someone gets when they are fully rejected by the fans.

Good heat is when the audience enjoys when the heel gets their comeuppance
>>
>>1360538
Booing somebody because you hate them and not their character.
>>
>>1360529
It's 'go away' heat - normal heels are guys you love to hate, who play the part of an asshole.

X pac heat is for wrestlers who you just dont wanna see (either as a heel or face) cos they dull, stink up the ring and waste everyone's time when a wrestler you love/love to hate could be out there.
>>
>>1360529
> x pac heat
It should be called triple H heat aka the heat that has consistently caused millions upon millions of fans to give up watching wrestling altogether for a decade and a half
>>
Neo/Anti-Smarks change the definition of X-Pac Heat everytime they feel like someone uses it too much.

There is no clear definition anymore because people got butthurt over the term being overused and constantly trying to refute "NO, X-PAC HEAT IS.."
>>
>>1360603
At least HHH is a good wrestler though. X-Pac sucked and his Hollywood action movie martial arts bullshit was annoying. I was rewatching the Fatal 4-Way involving him, Jericho, Benoit and Eddie recently and he dragged that match down. It would have been amazing as a three-way between the others, yet this skinny cuck kept getting in the ring and stinking the place out. Then fucking Justin Credible came out and completely ruined it.
>>
>>1360611
>At least HHH is a good wrestler though.
Haitch has always been bland and unspectacular.

XPac went from being stunning (against Hall and Hart) to being a little twerp. I think even before there was much coverage of his drugs problems, you got a sense that he was a bit of a fuck-up.
>>
>>1360611
>At least HHH is a good wrestler though.

high knee
spinebuster
pedigree

He's basically Cena the Prequel.
>>
>>1360542
We should update that term to Roman Heat.
>>
File: a gentleman.jpg (32 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
a gentleman.jpg
32 KB, 500x587
>>1360707
>>1360738
Ah, I'm pleased to find some intellectual equals on this board who understand what a boring wrestler Paul Levesque really is. Keep fighting the good fight and enlightening the plebs, my brothers!
>>
>>1360529
Is it weird that X-pac was my favorite wrestler as a kid?
>>
Heat
>FUCK YOU
Xpac heat
>FUCK OFF
>>
>>1360538
X-Pac Heat is describe at the simplest. Heat for the person and not the character. Be it you hate their booking, or the character is bland or the person himself is an asshole or whatever. You start to personally want the performer to go no matter what they do and how they switch it up. They've become persona non grata.

It hit X-Pac hard because there really was no changing his character. He was a DX shill and that's all X-Pac could really be. Which grated on the nerves of fans when DX has been disbanded for like a year and he's still crotch chopping and using the theme modified and being pushed despite having nothing worth being pushed for. Even gave him his own DX expy so he'd have a reason to act like he did. It was all annoying and wasn't helped by the fact that he was one of the original chickenshit heels, opportunistic like Edge and Orton, but not aggressive enough to make up for it. Cowardly like Jericho and Haitch without having the strong booking to make it seem like he was still tough despite being a pussy.

It was a bad mix and people hated him for it.
>>
File: ace.jpg (34 KB, 600x649) Image search: [Google]
ace.jpg
34 KB, 600x649
>>1360749
Triple H has 5 moves, lacks psychology and his matches are way too slow.
>>1360754
Well said.
>>
It's the Eva Marie heat
>>
>>1360529
>Good heat
Seth Rollins being a chickenshit heel, running away and using numbers game to his advantage, curb stomping Deanetty's head through a cinderblock, sacrificing his bodyguards to save himself, beating up the heroes, doing cool funny interesting shit like that. It makes you invested in this asshole character and it's satisfying when he finally gets the shit beat out of him

>X-Pac heat
Basically they're boring and you just want them to go away. I didn't watch much wrestling during X-Pac's run, but a recent example I can think of is Big Show and Kane. Those two fuckers have been boring garbage for the last 5 years, and it seemed like they were never going to go away. I just wanted to never see them in a ring again. That's X-Pac heat.
>>
That God tier theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDMt19MkRk
>>
>>1360529
X-Pac heat would be, in a literal sense, actual silence.
Because if the crowd are reacting to you in any capacity, you can say you're doing your job as a Heel.
>>
>>1360529

It's when you're dealing wit the X FACTOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sDMt19MkRk
>>
>>1360529
When the crowd doesn't want to see the heel get the shit kicked out of him (something they'd pay for), they just don't want to see him at all (and may well not pay to achieve that). Or when a face is booed, but that's more obvious.

>>1360609
Not true, X-Pac heat has always been about not wanting to see a performer at all. Reasons can vary, but the result is the same.
>>
>>1360871
Well no, because there's an inherent "heat" in X-pac heat. Silence would mean boredom, like the Shining Stars debut. Even if you're a heel at the time if they're booing you for any reason outside of kayfabe it's X-pac heat.
>>
>>1360529
The reactions to steph's long monologues define x-pac heat. Trips is close, but people like him or liked him. No one has ever liked Steph, they've only ever wanted to fuck her and her fucking promos are long and obnoxious at this point.
>>
>>1360779
Triple H has classics. His matches can be samey, but his best work has him losing and enhancing other talent. See, his match with Dbry at Wrestlemania 30 or his match with Dean at Payback. Those were both extremely good, but because they played to Dean and Daniel Bryan's strengths.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.