[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain to me exactly why this is a stupid idea: Instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
Explain to me exactly why this is a stupid idea:

Instead of creating another new world title or having the WWE title/champion prominently featured and mentioned on both shows......make the IC title the new 'world' title on Smackdown, on the basis of its long line of legendary holders. Basically treat the IC title on Smackdown the same way the big gold World Heavyweight belt was treated on there

And if there's anyone on Smackdown who the WWE feels should be bumped up to a WWE title feud/win, just draft them to Raw at some point to do it
>>
Terrible idea you stupid idiot. Then the mid-carders have nothing to fight for.
>>
Kill yourself you fucking moron. Jesus Christ I'm glad you don't for for creative
>>
>>1355418
18+
>>
Shit idea you idiotic retard. Don't ever share your ideas here again.
>>
>>1355418
Worst post on /asp/ or worst post on /asp/?
>>
>>1355418
It's the best idea. WWE are just moronic.
>>
One of the worst ideas ever suggested on /asp/
>>
>>1355424

> Then the mid-carders have nothing to fight for.

Amidst a sea of drive-by trolling, a somewhat-sensible argument is found....

And let me remind you all: this idea has been done before....except with the WHC in place of where I'm saying the IC title should be. So if this idea is retarded, then what does that say about WWE doing it before with the WHC? What does that say about WWE potentially doing it again with a new world title?
>>
It's supposed to be a stepping stone for the World championship, unless you're black.
>>
Would honestly rather have this than yet ANOTHER temporary world title for them to fucking combine with the WWE belt AGAIN.
>>
>>1355445

In the last decade alone, only about 4 or 5 wrestlers who won the IC title then went on to win the WWE title (I know Bryan and Punk, and I believe Jeff Hardy and Rey Mysterio). Not much of a stepping stone
>>
>>1355418
>make the IC title the new 'world' title on Smackdown
>Santino Marella was IC champion
>The Godfather too
Nop...
>>
>>1355642

The Miz, JBL, Jeff Hardy and Vince McMahon are all former WWE champions.

That argument is invalid.
>>
>>1355820
>JBL
>Jeff Hardy
>Bad champions.

If you look at it from a 1999 standpoint yeah, but Hardy and JBL were pretty good champions when they were.

JBLs feuds with Eddie and John were top notch. Hardy got some of the best matches out of post Legend Killer Orton.
>>
SmackDown will still be the 2nd brand…
Everybody expecting SmackDown to be Raw 2.0

Well, it's not gonna happen. SmackDown will always under Raw, so everyone who will be on SmackDown, will be the less popular stars.
>>
>>1355820
The Miz , JBL , Jeff Hardy and Vince McMahon are the same shit as Santino Marella?

No.
>>
>>1355418
Hello yeah, bring back something like the Cruiserweight championship after that Grand Prix or make a TV championship.
>>
>>1356139
the miz is
>>
>>1356291
The Miz is great in the mic and is a amazing heel
>>
>>1355953
The only reason JBL's feud with Eddie was so good was because Eddie and Chavo Jr were basically writing all JBL's material for him.
>>
>>1356298
Source?
>>
>>1356301
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4H6e5iKgdg
>>
>>1356301
http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2012/0820/555483/john-layfield-interview/
>>
>>1355424
Cruiserweight title & tag titles.
>>
>>1355465
This is because of the brand split, it turned the IC Title into a lower micard belt held by the likes of Cody Rhodes, Kofi Kingston and Wade Barrett. MitB became the new stepping stone to the WWE title.
>>
>>1355642
I will not stand for this Santino slander.

Santino and Godfather were both capable enough in the ring and popular enough with the fans to warrant their IC belt reigns. The crowd went crazy when Santino almost won in the chamber for the World Heavyweight belt.

So you're saying because they were joke characters, that they somehow devalued the IC title more than others? Kurt Angle was literally a goody-goody nerd heel who was constantly made fun of by other wrestlers....and he was WWE champion. Did he devalue that belt?
>>
>>1357888
>I will not stand for this Santino slander

Then sit down, nigga. Santino was a bad comedy act, nothing more.
>>
>>1357897
He was a comedy act who the crowd fucking popped crazy for on several different occasions during that period, as if he was one of the top stars. And unlike your post.....that is recorded, documented FACT, not opinion
>>
>>1357906
Did your mommy and "new" daddy get you a cobra sock back then?

Stay worked, lil fella.
>>
>>1357897
18+
>>
>>1355418
It's a midcard belt, it's purpose is to give midcarders a feuding point if they don't have any to begin with.
>>
>>1357888
>The crowd went crazy when Santino almost won in the chamber for the World Heavyweight belt.

The crowd was autistic as fuck
>>
>>1359172
>people I don't like are autistic

Can you call them Reddit next, too?
>>
>>1359178
You want Santino as WHC Champion instead of Daniel Bryan?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.