[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oddly, Shamus is the best part part of the movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 660x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 660x1024
Oddly, Shamus is the best part part of the movie.
>>
>>1354711
Shit. This only means a Sheamus push
>>
>>1354711
Only went to watch it for Sheamus.

Overall bad movie but Sheamus was entertaining. Wish they did a brogue kick somewhere.
>>
>>1354730

This generally confuses me. Why hire wrestlers for any other reason than to see them do one of their moves at some point? Didn't it take The Rock 3 Fast and Furious movies for him to finally Rock Bottom someone?
>>
>yfw his signature changes from Brogue kick to gore
>>
>>1354760
Wrestling is coming around to being cool again
>>
>>1354760
>Sheamus does a brogue kick
>People who are there because of Sheamus like it
>People who don't care for wrestling just see Rocksteady doing a big boot
No reason to be this aggressive in a Comics and Cartoons board, senpai.
>>
>>1354761
>He starts going on about how he's the new rhino of the WWE
>Goes around goring people
>His new titantron incorporates rhino noises.
>He's cutting a promo about nobody can stand up to the Irish Rhino
>Suddenly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQw37Xc0W5c hits
>Gores Sheamus straight to hell
>"To be the new Rhino, you must put the first one to rest."
>Begin feud

How hard would u mark?
>>
>>1354760

See, this is also a weird cultural thing I've been trying to wrap my head around since I got into wrestling and other sports about a year or two ago.

WWE and wrestling is considered "that guy" sort of sport or show, yet despite the ratings, and how much money they seem to pull in on a yearly basis (even in it's 'declined', McMahon is back to billionare status), Monday Night Raw is still the highest viewed television program on Monday nights generally. Granted it gets aped by sporting events if they happen, but still, people are watching it. Maybe WWE has kind of shot itself in the foot in the terms of a public image it has, but I'm still new to watching it to really comment on a specific event. Benoit maybe?
>>
>>1354779
>Rhino noises
Probably not a good idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNCC6ZYI3SI
>>
>>1354782
Wrestling will never shed it's image of redneck lowbrow "Can you believe idiots think this is real" entertainment in the eyes of the large public.
>>
>>1354769
>Comics and Cartoons
Pretty much wrestling today
>>
>>1354759
>>1354730
They hire wrestlers as novelty, they don't give a shit about pandering to wrestling fans or any of that ilk.

At least Miz is in straight to DVD purgatory while Dave has the best resume out of every WWE wrestler out there only beaten by the sheer revenue Dwayne brings.
>>
>>1354787

Which is funny, lot of smart and funny people are into wrestling. Stephen Merchant, Max Landis, and even UFC guys seem to be marks for wrestling. I just don't know.
>>
>>1354787
This. It's why the WRESTLING IS FAKE hot take is still thrown out there in 2016 like everyone doesn't know.

For some reason in the eyes of the general public it'll always be like a farce, they can't quite grasp that it's no different than a show recorded in front of a live audience. They still think they're breaking news to people like it's still the 1960s despite the fact that pretty much everyone who's involved in wrestling today has already pretty much benefited from saying that wrestling is fake.
>>
>>1354793
>lot of smart and funny people are into wrestling. Stephen Merchant, Max Landis,
>Max Landis

Merchant is okay doe tbf
>>
>Sheamus in a shitty movie
>>
>>1354800
>They still think they're breaking news
No they just don't understand why a grown man would watch a fake sport
>>
>>1354826
>Hot takes
Why do grown men play fake beep boop machines, why do grown men come to a chinese imageboard to talk shit instead of going outside?
>>
>>1354782
NASCAR has a lot of viewers too.
>>
>>1354838
I don't know, but at least it's not a fake sport
You see, real sports exist, and you can watch them and not get mad that your favourite team lost because they were outplayed and it's not just because the guy running the league doesn't like them
>>
>>1354858
>Implying there's some magical barrier that divides it all.

You see pal, when you're a normal person and not autistic you can have more than one interest outside of your special interest and just because something is fictional doesn't mean it offers less entertainment value. Also..

>Real sports never have team get jobbed because the guy running the league made it so.
>Real sports have never been rigged.
Kek.
>>
>>1354779
Isn't he running for the senate right now?
>>
>>1354730
>>1354759
>rock movie circa 2000
>rock bottom in the first 5 minutes
>raises eyebrow at the climax

>batista movie circa 2013
>no batista bombs
>his tattoos are painted over
>>
>>1354906

Guardians of the Galaxy seemed like the one place where a Batista Bomb seemed like something that could happen, but nope.
>>
File: daniel-bryan-retires-07.jpg (24 KB, 642x361) Image search: [Google]
daniel-bryan-retires-07.jpg
24 KB, 642x361
>one of the most organically over people on the roster in years
>his chant was getting mainstream attention by other people doing it
>beards are super in
>had a lot of positive PR buzz and opportunities
>easily marketable look
>decent enough moveset that people might get invested in a idea of what wrestling has evolved into the last 10 years

Daniel Bryan was maybe the last chance they had at a Stone Cold like cultural breakthrough. Where as John Cena is a meme now.
>>
>>1354759
>>1354906
Casuals know the Rock pretty well.
They only know Batista's a wrestler because it was probably made note of for those following the film's production. Prior the the movie, he was a mainstream nobody.
Sheamus is a mainstream literally who.
>>
>>1354762
Keep telling yourself that, Shane.
>>
>>1354934
Yeah.

Imagine if you lived in a timeline were Bryan was made of adamatium.

Someone like Bryan is very rare.
>>
>>1354934
He stole the duck dynasty look at the height of that shows popularity and the chant was over, he rode it to the top but the chant was more over and he couldn't handle the champions schedule couple and his body couldn't take it anymore.
>>
>>1354826
I don't understand why somebody would watch a fake medieval show
>>
>>1354759
I think every Rock movie before 2010 he did at least one of his signature moves on people. At some point Rock just kinda outgrew the novelty of just being a wrestler in a movie to an actual actor
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.