[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fan Favorites Facing off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: warrior vs hogan.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
warrior vs hogan.jpg
133 KB, 1920x1080
Hogan and Warrior was a classic example, but is having two top babyfaces fighting each other for a championship title a good idea?

What other matches can you think of that did (or didn't) work when two fan favorites fought for a title?
>>
>but is having two top babyfaces fighting each other for a championship title a good idea?

Make a case for why it isn't?
>>
>>1354566
RVD and Jeff Hardy.
>>
>>1354582
Considering the Attitude Era? A lot of people.
>>
Bret v Bulldog at Summerslam 1992.
>>
>>1354577
Top kek
>>
>>1354588
>RVD
>Attitude
>>
>>1354629
Educate yourself.
>>
>>1354632
>2001.
>Not the Attitude Era.

Listen, it's okay if you didn't live through it, but at least know what you're talking about first.
>>
>>1354632
Attitude era died in 2002 when the WWF became the corporate entity WWE.
>>
>>1354635
>>1354641
>InVasion Era
>Attitude
>>
>>1354651
>the company itself marks the end of the attitude era in May 2002.
>I know more than the company tho.
>>
>>1354651
>InVasion Era
No such thing. The Invasion was an angle, not an era.

It was basically the twilight of the Attitude Era.
>>
>>1354661
[citation needed]
>>
>>1354665
It's on the wiki for god's sakes, if you don't know bro I don't know what to tell you except sorry.

>>1354668
>These two otherwise unrelated things have one mild correlation.
>Thus they make the same point.

Of course they're going to shill out and say their garbage was better than everybody else's, but in no way does that make them less of a definitive source for something that HAPPENED and was FACILITATED entirely by their brand.
>>
File: 1462319140570.jpg (45 KB, 249x300) Image search: [Google]
1462319140570.jpg
45 KB, 249x300
Don't know why it has to be Face vs. Heel every single time.

Face vs. Face is a more interesting dynamic, it could be based on respect and maybe guaranteed a fight without dumb finishes due to cheating or interference.
>>
>>1354675
>wikipedia

o am i laffin
>>
>>1354685
>To me.

Well that's great and all, but I don't think anybody can argue that the to me that trumps them all will always be the actual creators of said era.
>>
WWE will do a lot to make the Attitude era seem as long as possible. But in reality, there was nothing of what made the Attitude era great by 2002.

To many fans of the era, the arrival of the Radicalz was the start of a new era.
>>
>>1354687
Heel vs Heel is the most fun match type, but it is very rarely seen for obvious reasons. I remember seeing Austin Aries face Bobby Roode a few years ago when they were both hees and it was hilarious with both men trying to out-cheat each other. I would love to see more Heel vs Heel matches, though I accept that is unlikely.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.