[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on Dean Ambrose, /asp/? I think he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /asp/ - Alternative Sports & Wrestling

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 1284x722
What's your opinion on Dean Ambrose, /asp/?

I think he's really good on the mic but his gimmick has killed him.
>>
He is one of the worst sellers working today
>>
>>1351581
His gimmick is shit, he is ok but overrated on the mic, his brawling in-ring style is awful and the whackyline is one of the dubest looking moves in wrestling today
>>
he's pretty awful at just about everything, cannot understand the hype over him
>>
His gimnick sucks. A hardcore "lunatic" in a PG era is ridiculous. He is not going to have a bloody match or something like that.

Asylum Match was the last opportunity to make something related to that insane personality... and was Jericho who looked like a true hardcore star. Ambrose need a change, maybe a heel turn.
>>
When he cares he's one of the best all-rounders on the roster.

Too bad WWE hasn't given him shit after feeding him to Lesnar.

>>1351604
>His gimnick sucks. A hardcore "lunatic" in a PG era is ridiculous. He is not going to have a bloody match or something like that.

How is that his fault?

FCW was "PG" and his work there was stellar.
>>
File: hq_001.jpg (1 MB, 1300x1771) Image search: [Google]
hq_001.jpg
1 MB, 1300x1771
>>1351581
Promised so much in the shield. Now with a shit gimmick he doesn't care about. Vince sees him as a stop gap guy. Maybe if reigns gets injured they'll give dean a small push. But he's basically fucked. I thought he was going to be the Stone Cold of this era. He had some pretty good shield promos.
>>
>be in some shitty dq match
>opponent blades/starts bleeding
>match is stopped
>ambrose goes on a rampage about the pg policy

Is this good reality era booking?
>>
The Lunatic Minge
>>
He was promising in the Shield. However, his gimmick is boring. Mic skills and wrestling abilities are highly overrated. I can say the same for that NXT Guy Balor or whatever.
>>
Terrible. Subpar ring skills that he got away with in death matches because ring work isn't as important there along with a dull gimmick straight out of Hot Topic that he's gone nowhere with. No idea how he still gets any pop at all.
>>
>>1351581

He's too goofy. The whole potted plant garbage, hijacking Jericho's show, getting emasculated by Stephanie, and so on. He should've hit Jericho over the head with a chair and said "this is my show now." Be an actual lunatic, not some toned down early Daffy Duck who drools occasionally.
>>
>>1351650
Exactly. He's just a clown. Dress him up as Doink and nothing would change.
>>
>>1351581
I want the 2014 Dean Ambrose to come back with his BASED feud with Seth Rollins
>>
>>1351650
>>1351651
Seems like WWE's terrible booking is working just fine on you marks.
>>
>>1351682
18+
>>
>>1351689
>no response
>just memeshit

B-T-F-O
>>
>>1351698
You got as much response as your shitpost deserved. Here, have another reply.
>>
>>1351701
>you got the response you deserved

I didn't think it was possible to look more BTFO than you already did but here you are.

Since you're slow: if you're thinking less of Ambrose because of his booking, that's exactly the intention of WWE.
>>
>>1351707
Nice try at bait, but nobody could be that delusional. Here's your last pity (You).
>>
change the song, I doubt le crazy man is supposed to actually enjoy such a garbage theme song.
>>
File: quitedudenobodymesseswith2.jpg (55 KB, 1191x617) Image search: [Google]
quitedudenobodymesseswith2.jpg
55 KB, 1191x617
People who post here nowadays are too new to remember how over Dean was during his first feud with Rollins.

Dude was the best part of every Raw. These days he's booked terribly, and it's pretty clear that he just goes on autopilot during his matches now.
>>
>>1351738
>autopilot

He does his bounce off the ropes thing, crowd pops, merchandise sells. Lazy, no ambition, but he can make a living coasting, I guess.
>>
>>1351736
Fuck for real. Ambrose and a few other guys have such terrible generic themes that need to go.
>>
>>1351744
Maybe if Bryan had a more unique theme he would've caught on with the crowd.
>>
>>1351581

his gimmick would be ok if they'd let him use ANY of the tools required to make it work, but they don't.
>>
>>1351745
>being this autistic
Bryans theme wasn't generic wtf
>>
>>1351728
I think you're being delusional enough for the both of us lad.

>>1351736
>>1351744
Like most CFO$ themes it had a pretty good version in one of the earlier mixes and then somebody from on-high (probably Vince or his pet beaver) kept asking if the bass was taking away from the vocals.

(If you get that, you've good taste.)
>>
>>1351736

Vince is cheap. they only give anyone royalty free generic shit music anymore and not even Bork gets pyro. the titantron is the same for raw, smackdown and every ppv except for mania. penny pinching this hard and the old man still can't figure out why ratings are going down.
>>
>>1351754
Fucking this. I really miss the unique ppv sets
>>
He was good before they made him start using this shitty brawling style. He's a decent may-based guy but his punches are weak af.
>>
>>1351754
It's almost like their falling business is causing them to be able to unafford actual production or something!
>>
>>1351750
Think you missed the point of his post bud
>>
>>1351781

Vince literally just sold 2% of the company for $40 million. i think they can at least work some pyro into the budget...
>>
>>1351834
I don't think you know dick about how finance or econ works.
>>
>>1351835

i never claimed to be an expert and i'm guessing you're not either, but i've worked for (and fortunately got out of) enough failing businesses to recognize when one of the reasons is that the owner is tripping over a dollar to make a nickel.
>>
>>1351861
WWE has scaled back massively on presentation over the past few years, in case you haven't noticed.
>>
Was my favorite Shield guy, then he was just shit booked and I jumped ship to the Seth Royal Ship
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.